Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   The Werewolf Game (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   TWG 194 - Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151853)

flashflash account 04-24-2020 07:12 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
we should lynch the top poster because that gives us the most info


logic

XelNya 04-24-2020 07:13 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
let me streamline my thoughts

hahahahaha

Funnygurl555 04-24-2020 07:14 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4726087)
If Bolth/Duskfall are wolves, they made it very clear that they don't want to win.

I think it's easier to assume that this is bait.

honestly bolth's posting rubs me the wrong way more than duskfall, for what it's worth. but they could just be memeing. i'm gonna overlook their dialogue entirely (tho i did find it funny just wanna say. i don't think it's info tho)

XelNya 04-24-2020 07:15 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4726150)
we should lynch the top poster because that gives us the most info


logic

hahahaha this guy

flashflash account 04-24-2020 07:15 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
does anyone else feel like this game is more subdued than normal?

Funnygurl555 04-24-2020 07:16 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4726114)
xelnya town

i'm vibing with this one though

did i just use "vibe" unironically?

yes

Funnygurl555 04-24-2020 07:16 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4726154)
does anyone else feel like this game is more subdued than normal?

it is and it makes me sad

Bolth mannn 04-24-2020 07:17 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4726154)
does anyone else feel like this game is more subdued than normal?

yea its kinda frustrating

XelNya 04-24-2020 07:17 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4726154)
does anyone else feel like this game is more subdued than normal?

subdue me

XelNya 04-24-2020 07:18 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4726155)
i'm vibing with this one though

did i just use "vibe" unironically?

yes

unlikely

Funnygurl555 04-24-2020 07:19 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4726149)
typical

wdym

Funnygurl555 04-24-2020 07:19 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4726159)
unlikely

i keep thinking you're shadowgod due to your nsfw anime profile pic

Funnygurl555 04-24-2020 07:20 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
anyone wanna fight in the thread to generate information

XelNya 04-24-2020 07:21 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4726160)
wdym

it happens often

predictable

one could have made the assumption this happens often

XelNya 04-24-2020 07:22 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4726161)
i keep thinking you're shadowgod due to your nsfw anime profile pic

I have one that I think is arguably worse but is still "FFR appropriate" based on Icy's profile still being allowed.

Funnygurl555 04-24-2020 07:22 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4726163)
it happens often

predictable

one could have made the assumption this happens often

you mean i typically read jess that way or that i typically say that about ppl

i think it's fair to say early d0. i got a mEtHoD for reading jess so im waitin for the tells

XelNya 04-24-2020 07:22 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4726162)
anyone wanna fight in the thread to generate information

the fuck you think I've been doing poking lar

he just doesn't want to engage me because he knows he'd lose

psychoangel691 04-24-2020 07:23 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4726145)
Just vote the most inactive poster

come on now, be town now

you can do it

Does this mean I should vote me? Or is there actually someone with 0 posts lol

flashflash account 04-24-2020 07:23 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
glad I have profiles turned off

Funnygurl555 04-24-2020 07:23 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4726166)
the fuck you think I've been doing poking lar

he just doesn't want to engage me because he knows he'd lose

oh ok i didn't notice

XelNya 04-24-2020 07:23 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4726165)
you mean i typically read jess that way or that i typically say that about ppl

i think it's fair to say early d0. i got a mEtHoD for reading jess so im waitin for the tells

... you're taking me too seriously I think

XelNya 04-24-2020 07:24 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4726168)
glad I have profiles turned off

coward

Xiz 04-24-2020 07:25 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4726168)
glad I have profiles turned off

coward

XelNya 04-24-2020 07:25 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4726167)
Does this mean I should vote me? Or is there actually someone with 0 posts lol

Are you the lowest poster?

Funnygurl555 04-24-2020 07:25 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4726170)
... you're taking me too seriously I think


Funnygurl555 04-24-2020 07:26 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4726172)
coward

i keep thinking you're xelnya because of your nsfw anime profile pic

Funnygurl555 04-24-2020 07:27 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4726174)

i've been looking for the creator of this for ages and i found it by chance and i'm so excited

XelNya 04-24-2020 07:27 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4726175)
i keep thinking you're xelnya because of your nsfw anime profile pic

xiz if you're gonna steal my profile picture you're gonna have to post like me

and I don't think you can pull that off

Ulleabhara 04-24-2020 07:28 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
I hath returned! Time to annoy people!



leetic, it's interesting to me that you consider Duskfall an established target @59 when I'm the first vote on him. I'm also not sure what you'd want me to answer for. Explain?


FFA, your response to Bolth @72 feels rather non-sequitur to me. What does this have to do with bussing suspicions? Bolth's response seems to me like he understands this, via a reference I'm not getting.


Gotta admit, I'm highly etertained by my early P3 (81-100) with the Bolth/Dusk shenanigans. If you want, you guys can crossbus all D1 while I act all dramatic casting the final vote XD


Going to chime in on my P3 going on P4 (118/127). I do agree that lynching inactives is generally a good strategy (the information they're NOT giving the town is counteracted by their flip and the fact that we no longer have them as a distraction/easy out for wolves in later Days), and am generally inclined to lynch. My interpretation of Hakulyte's no-lynch advocacy strikes me as concerned town that has been burned by some bad past games. (Honestly, Haku, I feel like the solution to that particular conundrum is just for the PRs to play smarter.)

XelNya, any references on Lar's behavior? Do you agree with Hakulyte in some fashion?

Gonna grab a shnack, be right back to read the last ζ(3)-ish pages

XelNya 04-24-2020 07:32 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulleabhara (Post 4726178)
XelNya, any references on Lar's behavior? Do you agree with Hakulyte in some fashion?

It sucks

Funnygurl555 04-24-2020 07:33 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
it's gonna be impossible for me to read ulleabhara

also did y'all come up with a nickname for her yet

i'm gonna botch that name eventually

flashflash account 04-24-2020 07:36 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4726181)
it's gonna be impossible for me to read ulleabhara

also did y'all come up with a nickname for her yet

i'm gonna botch that name eventually

I'm saying uli

Funnygurl555 04-24-2020 07:37 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4726182)
I'm saying uli

thanks man

(also a total sidenote 'cause i'm so happy i've rediscovered chriddof. look at this shit. this is an entire video


i used to cry laughing at this shit)

flashflash account 04-24-2020 07:38 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulleabhara (Post 4726178)

FFA, your response to Bolth @72 feels rather non-sequitur to me. What does this have to do with bussing suspicions? Bolth's response seems to me like he understands this, via a reference I'm not getting.

bolt's meme wall suggested that I was distancing from partners makilaz and someone else
which hits a sore spot as in a recent game I actually helped lynch a wolf for once and was still in the poe

psychoangel691 04-24-2020 07:38 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4726173)
Are you the lowest poster?

I thought I wasssssssssss but seems I'm not

Ulleabhara 04-24-2020 07:42 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duskfall (Post 4726122)
Have you ever come out of tryharding a scum game where you have to fake reads and then roll town and you no longer care about faking reads because you are town anyways so you just don't bother trying to solve the game at all?

I knew a few players like this, back on my dearly departed home site. The trick is to realize that faking reads and following a master plan is actually a stricture that being Town actually liberates you from! Especially if you're vanilla town Ė you have nothing secret to worry about, unlike a Wolf or Blue, so you can just do things without worrying about being a huge loss to your team.

Whatever you are now, I hope you learn to enjoy town play more!


Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4726181)
it's gonna be impossible for me to read ulleabhara

also did y'all come up with a nickname for her yet

i'm gonna botch that name eventually


I have one in my signature Ė just call me Ulli!


------------------


So yeah, I'm not finding much else to poke at thus far. Bloop

Bolth mannn 04-24-2020 07:47 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Hey Ulli, what do you mean by all the P3s and P4s etc? I havenít seen those before in TWG

flashflash account 04-24-2020 07:48 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
actually Imma say "Yulia" because maybe that's how "Ullea" is pronounced and its a dark souls reference

Ulleabhara 04-24-2020 07:54 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4726187)
Hey Ulli, what do you mean by all the P3s and P4s etc? I havenít seen those before in TWG


Those are page numbers, because that's how I'm used to organizing things. Although, come to think of it, I should probably just stick to post numbers from here on out, because I've set my posts per page to something other than the default.


Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4726188)
actually Imma say "Yulia" because maybe that's how "Ullea" is pronounced and its a dark souls reference


It's actually some fake-Gaelic nonsense I slapped together one day. Ulleabhara would be pronounced something like "OOL-ya-VAH-ruh", with Ulli being "OO-lee".


Anything to answer my question?

leetic 04-24-2020 07:56 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
We've already got to the point where people are suggesting we lynch inactives. Nice. I still have yet to see a game in which lynching an inactive in D1 was a good idea.

flashflash account 04-24-2020 07:58 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
:popcorn:

Hakulyte 04-24-2020 07:59 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by leetic (Post 4726190)
We've already got to the point where people are suggesting we lynch inactives. Nice. I still have yet to see a game in which lynching an inactive in D1 was a good idea.

2 games ago, the inactive that got lynched was a wolf.

The only issue is that the Cop was also inactive and got outed.

leetic 04-24-2020 08:01 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4726192)
2 games ago, the inactive that got lynched was a wolf.

The only issue is that the Cop was also inactive and got outed.

I mean, I've seen games where we lynched an inactive, the inactive turned out to be a wolf, but the town still lost because they built up no momentum and the wolves were able to kill the only one to get town credit for the lynch. Taking out the active wolf is always more important.

jessiebessie 04-24-2020 08:02 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4726147)
she hasn't done enough

True. Also true for basically everything in my life lmao.

leetic 04-24-2020 08:04 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
I still have no idea how to use the ISOs in this forum by the way

Bolth mannn 04-24-2020 08:04 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by leetic (Post 4726193)
I mean, I've seen games where we lynched an inactive, the inactive turned out to be a wolf, but the town still lost because they built up no momentum and the wolves were able to kill the only one to get town credit for the lynch. Taking out the active wolf is always more important.



Inactive Slots = ?????
????? = easy mis lynch candidates later in game for wolves

If you think you can pick an active wolf right now then by all means make a case, otherwise I do believe itís best to make it harder for wolves to hide by lynching ????s

DaBackpack 04-24-2020 08:05 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
uh wait is EoD soon? like an hour soon?

flashflash account 04-24-2020 08:05 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4726197)
uh wait is EoD soon? like an hour soon?

Yeah better stick around

DaBackpack 04-24-2020 08:05 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
I still have reports to write but it occurred to me that EoD might not be midnight like usual

Bolth mannn 04-24-2020 08:05 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4726197)
uh wait is EoD soon? like an hour soon?



24 hours

DaBackpack 04-24-2020 08:06 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4726198)
Yeah better stick around

mm okay, thanks

leetic 04-24-2020 08:06 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4726196)
Inactive Slots = ?????
????? = easy mis lynch candidates later in game for wolves

If you think you can pick an active wolf right now then by all means make a case, otherwise I do believe itís best to make it harder for wolves to hide by lynching ????s

Sound logic... except the inactive players are easy mislynch candidates earlier in the game as well. So I think I'm gonna pass on that one.

Bolth mannn 04-24-2020 08:06 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Wait what?

flashflash account 04-24-2020 08:06 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Makilaz (Post 4725962)
You may begin posting.

Day 0 will last 48 hours ending at 7:00 PM Server Time Saturday, April 25th.
Day 0 begins now.

So it's actually this hour but tomorrow

DaBackpack 04-24-2020 08:06 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4726200)
24 hours

when did this game start?

DaBackpack 04-24-2020 08:06 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4726204)
So it's actually this hour but tomorrow

oh ok

I'll still stay to catch up tho

flashflash account 04-24-2020 08:07 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
@dusk you definitely stay up this late lol you'll be fine

Bolth mannn 04-24-2020 08:07 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by leetic (Post 4726202)
Sound logic... except the inactive players are easy mislynch candidates earlier in the game as well. So I think I'm gonna pass on that one.



Yes but if we mislynch active townies then weíre just left with a lot of inactivity and less interactions making it easier for wolves to hide???

leetic 04-24-2020 08:10 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4726208)
Yes but if we mislynch active townies then weíre just left with a lot of inactivity and less interactions making it easier for wolves to hide???

The active townies would be killed off by scum anyway, leaving the active wolves to keep picking off easy targets. Trust me, I've been there before.

DaBackpack 04-24-2020 08:10 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4725966)

I donít like that DaBackpack still hasnít made an appearance. It is, unfortunately, very standard for him to only show up last minute in these sorts of games so perhaps itís not worth reading into too much. Definitely keeping my eye on this slot though. I donít see myself voting for him this phase.

[...]
Iím therefore voting for dabackpack

Iím a gamer!

this is one of the most high-quality shitpost openings I've ever seen

Funnygurl555 04-24-2020 08:11 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jessiebessie (Post 4726194)
True. Also true for basically everything in my life lmao.

does that mean you're a werewolf irl? :thinking:

Funnygurl555 04-24-2020 08:12 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
i find it funny that dbp was gonna keep his shtick of coming in at eod and catching up but he was off by a day

DaBackpack 04-24-2020 08:13 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4725989)
t-force gotta get this out of the way before i start actually playing the game

OK I'm not fucking around with this anymore

You actually pulled it off once, never again

DaBackpack 04-24-2020 08:14 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4726212)
i find it funny that dbp was gonna keep his shtick of coming in at eod and catching up but he was off by a day

it's on page 2 of my spiking character sheet

Funnygurl555 04-24-2020 08:14 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4726213)
OK I'm not fucking around with this anymore

You actually pulled it off once, never again

t-force isn't even in the game

jessiebessie 04-24-2020 08:14 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4726211)
does that mean you're a werewolf irl? :thinking:

I own a dog that looks like wolf. Is that close enough?

DaBackpack 04-24-2020 08:15 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
it has occurred to me that t-force is not in this game

ok

DaBackpack 04-24-2020 08:15 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4726215)
t-force isn't even in the game

cool thanks

Funnygurl555 04-24-2020 08:15 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jessiebessie (Post 4726216)
I own a dog that looks like wolf. Is that close enough?

only if you allow bowie to play the game too

jessiebessie 04-24-2020 08:17 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4726219)
only if you allow bowie to play the game too

Maybe when heís old enough

DaBackpack 04-24-2020 08:19 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4726016)
So, I'm crazy enough to think Duskfall could be a Mafia Godfather baiting for a Cop check.

That being said, he has to be town because I'm insane for thinking that as usual.

if it's a scumslip I wouldn't force it as godfather, this looks like a sincere fuckup and not a coordinated one

DaBackpack 04-24-2020 08:21 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by leetic (Post 4726029)
This post does not look good to me. Standard fluff check in, shading an established target, presuppositioning yourself to not be active at the moment so you won't have to immediately answer for it. Scum read.

do you think the "Seriously though, I don't like the way Duskfall walked it back on his last post." is something that a wolf Ulle would emphasize here?

jessiebessie 04-24-2020 08:22 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4726221)
if it's a scumslip I wouldn't force it as godfather, this looks like a sincere fuckup and not a coordinated one

What was the scumslip?

DaBackpack 04-24-2020 08:23 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4726046)
In the town world:

leetic, Xiz, psycho and Ull were watching a random twitch stream together by pure coincidence and one of them realized that the TWG game started. So, they all ended up in the thread.

I'm sorry what? Is this actually a thought you had?

The obvious thought would be "in the town world: the game had a fixed started time and people generally post when the game starts"???

flashflash account 04-24-2020 08:24 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
why are people calling it a scumslip? Dusk called himself a mafia role that (according to haku) doesn't exist in the setup?

DaBackpack 04-24-2020 08:25 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4726225)
why are people calling it a scumslip? Dusk called himself a mafia role that (according to haku) doesn't exist in the setup?

ok yeah I was wrong, there isn't actually a goon in the setup

haku's post is just ??? then

jessiebessie 04-24-2020 08:26 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4726225)
why are people calling it a scumslip? Dusk called himself a mafia role that (according to haku) doesn't exist in the setup?

Thanks for answering my question! If thatís what everyoneís referring to, that doesnít sound like a scumslip lol it just sounds like dusk was trolling lmao

DaBackpack 04-24-2020 08:26 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4726049)
Another theory: It's just a bunch of towns that checked the thread at what is the normal beginning of a game in any other TWG game.

:clap:

flashflash account 04-24-2020 08:27 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jessiebessie (Post 4726227)
Thanks for answering my question! If thatís what everyoneís referring to, that doesnít sound like a scumslip lol it just sounds like dusk was trolling lmao

it's +town ev since if he was a wolf it's good odds that he knows there's no goons in the setup

Bolth mannn 04-24-2020 08:28 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread
 
Donít be mean dbp, I really enjoy hakuís conspiracyís


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution