Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=143935)

DaBackpack 02-19-2016 10:29 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4408877)
So do you town read v? The way I interpreted the interaction with you and him was him going "ad hominems until you agree with me" which is kinda red to me. But you don't seem too concerned, is this standard v play? I don't remember how he plays.

I'm torn, but aside from that I'm not comfortable with people getting attached to "he's bullying us" as a means to lynch atm

regarding his actual alignment, I don't think he'd be so openly aggressive as a wolf unless he was aiming for total domination of the phase, which I don't see as happening, and he's totally within his right to call me on bad questioning

popping in and saying "X is scum, lynch him" is something I see a lot from him, so on that point, I don't see anything particularly off ---- it's just this time I'm demanding more than that

I do have a mental image of him pleading for town to trust him, which hasn't happened yet, saying like "please if there are any questions you have for me, I want you to understand where I'm coming from, I want to work together with you to understand your mindset" etc. which I haven't seen yet, but he's done this as both town and wolf iirc, so the jury's out on this point

DaBackpack 02-19-2016 10:30 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4408881)
which I haven't seen yet, but he's done this as both town and wolf iirc, so the jury's out on this point

I actually need to revisit this point and check the games where I remember him doing this

Vendetta21 02-19-2016 10:32 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4408864)
V in all honesty, I don't want to keep you up, I just eventually want some attempt at substantiation later on in the phase

I will continue to give exactly what I promised in pregame. I'm honest about my feelings and shooting from the hip. You will always find my thoroughness lacking since I'm giving 20ish minutes at a time and nothing more.

DaBackpack 02-19-2016 10:32 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
V whenever you read this, this question is going to sound stupid, but there's just one thing I want to check

how confident are you in your claim on Xel?

DaBackpack 02-19-2016 10:33 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendetta21 (Post 4408884)
I will continue to give exactly what I promised in pregame. I'm honest about my feelings and shooting from the hip. You will always find my thoroughness lacking since I'm giving 20ish minutes at a time and nothing more.

I believe this

but from my perspective, it's not easy to blindly believe where you're coming from with reads, when I share an opposite opinion with you

DaBackpack 02-19-2016 10:34 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
well, not so much that I can't understand your narrative, but my current narrative is winning out in my own mind

DaBackpack 02-19-2016 10:35 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
narrative about Xel*

rzr 02-19-2016 10:38 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
now this is the backpack I think is town

rzr 02-19-2016 10:42 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rzr (Post 4408891)
now this is the backpack I think is town

that made absolutely no fucking sense

I meant to type now this is the backpack we all know as town, very inquisitive, but even in a heated discussion he's investigative without being aggressive

at least what I've seen the last few games when he was scum he'd be very aggressive, tho circumstances are a bit different I imagine

XelNya 02-19-2016 10:42 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4408857)
this doesn't look good, but I feel like this is something he would say in other games considering our past interactions

I dunno why this comment would be taken badly

like I understand one COULD interpret it as me like attempting to like play nice or w/e pocket / w/e the term would be here but ehhhhhhhhhh.

The post chain here is not completely me messing around

I really would probably have argued to / just kill(ed) one of them

But that's speculation on my side so w/e post doesn't really read well without that last tid bit.

DaBackpack 02-19-2016 10:43 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4408893)
I dunno why this comment would be taken badly

like I understand one COULD interpret it as me like attempting to like play nice or w/e pocket / w/e the term would be here but ehhhhhhhhhh.

The post chain here is not completely me messing around

I really would probably have argued to / just kill(ed) one of them

But that's speculation on my side so w/e post doesn't really read well without that last tid bit.

this is pretty much how I could see it being read

XelNya 02-19-2016 10:45 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rzr (Post 4408892)
that made absolutely no fucking sense

I meant to type now this is the backpack we all know as town, very inquisitive, but even in a heated discussion he's investigative without being aggressive

at least what I've seen the last few games when he was scum he'd be very aggressive, tho circumstances are a bit different I imagine

Hate to burst your bubble but

you can't just think he's town

we have an SK and the best way to play SK is to play town

because you really have nothing to lose in doing that and if I recall he's done it before.

/correct me if I am wrong on that

just uhg paranoia hat a little

just a little tho

rzr 02-19-2016 10:49 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
I'm not saying he's lock clear or anything, just that I him in my town pile for now. I considered the SK thing too, and you definitely could be right, and we've actually seen DBP's SK game recently, so it's not far fetched. Just sharing my thoughts on his interactions so far

DaBackpack 02-19-2016 10:50 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4408895)
Hate to burst your bubble but

you can't just think he's town

we have an SK and the best way to play SK is to play town

because you really have nothing to lose in doing that and if I recall he's done it before.

/correct me if I am wrong on that

just uhg paranoia hat a little

just a little tho

both times I've rolled SK I've used that tactic because I can still scumhunt while still technically being antitown

first time I almost won, second time I won

so yeah, this is right

DaBackpack 02-19-2016 10:51 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
I'm not terribly concerned about the SK at the moment, I think it will be more obvious as time goes on

DaBackpack 02-19-2016 10:53 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
but yes you can't totally lock clear anyone, but you can remove them from a mafia pile, which imo is going to be the most fruitful course of action this phase

DaBackpack 02-19-2016 10:53 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
lynching mafia*

rzr 02-19-2016 10:54 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
well one thing we can say is whoever is SK killed roundbox, and there's been some opinions tossed around about that indicating an SK who would be intimidated by round, i.e not a newer player, and vice versa with tokzic's kill.

I agree tho, that's what I was trying to say just now to Xel about wanting to note your town meta as I saw it, I didn't put much thought into you being the SK because I think it will become more clear after people talk more and tomorrow happens

DaBackpack 02-19-2016 10:55 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
well, that's not totally true, but our mindset should be focused on finding relationships between players, and not on a singular antitown

rzr 02-19-2016 10:56 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces Out GAME THREAD
 
^ precisely

Is dfr usually a quite-ish player? I was hoping to catch more of his input


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution