Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Films and Television (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   舞-乙HiME (Mai-Otome) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=32660)

jamuko 10-6-2005 12:36 AM

舞-乙HiME (Mai-Otome)

MORE UNFORESEEN POSTER TIME! (I'm sure you all remember that last time... uh, yeah... >_> )

Well, now that the first episode of Mai-Otome has been aired in Japan and the manga has been running since August, I think it's worthy of a topic. (Not that I've seen/read them yet... eh... )

ANN doesn't have too much on this yet aside from staff and vocal cast, but here is a thread with a good amount of info: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=38083. (There are also some nice pictures from magazine scans, here: http://www.animepaper.net/scans/Mai-Otome/.)

It's an indirect sequel to Mai-HiME. A few of Mai-HiME's characters are returning, but appear to have changed quite a bit... for example, apparently, Mikoto is a cat. XD

Keep an eye out for subs... they should be coming soon. >.<

Here's hoping this series is as good as the first.

Chromer 10-6-2005 04:35 AM

RE: 舞-乙HiME (Mai-Otome)

Looks.....great? >_<

Moogy 10-6-2005 09:10 AM

Awesome. Mai-HiME was great, hopefully this will be even better.

Kefit 10-7-2005 01:38 AM

I just watched the raw of the first episode.

This series is going to be unbelievably awesome.

And most of the main characters of Mai HiME will be showing up. Thus far we have seen, either somewhere in the first episode or in the OP, Natsuki, Shizuru, Akane, Shiho, Nao, Miyu, MikotoCat, Haruka, Fumi, Mashiro, Yukariko, Aoi, and Chie.

Mai, Yukino, Midori and Alyssa have not made any appearances at this point.

Oh, and this series is going to rock. I'm preparing myself for another wild wide.

Omegix 10-8-2005 10:46 PM

the sub came out like an hour ago, it is on www.animesuki.com .

Deji 10-9-2005 03:04 AM

Awesome is one of the many ways I can say this show is. I just finished it, and if you haven't seen Mai HiME, go watch it before this. I particularly like the guest apperances, as well as the first episode theory showing that the show hasn't changed direction, just built what HiME established very well.

For good note, torrent is at

(I know you like to help out, but we can't post links to torrents. We all know where to get it anyway. --Squeek)

Moogy 10-9-2005 10:46 AM

I watched the first episode, subbed, last night. Freakin' awesome.

jamuko 10-9-2005 08:07 PM

Whee... finally got to see it (obtaining anime while in a dorm is a bit more difficult).

Seems like they're pulling a CLAMP here and reusing all the characters again in an alternate setting. Awesome... all the ones Kefit mentioned, plus the guys. I saw Nagi in the OP, and that guy who always talked to Natsuki by the tree in Mai-HiME (forgot his name -.- ) showed up too. There were also people who looked suspiciously like Tate and Takumi with new hairdos... I've yet to see anyone who resembled Reito/Lord Kakuyo, though.

Haha, it's funny seeing Mashiro so energetic. It seemed weird at first that the episode was so lighthearted, but I remember that Mai-HiME started out that way too. ^^; I hope this story gets really compelling as it progresses, too.

Such an unusual mix of mecha and magical girl... this is going to be awesome.

Kefit 10-9-2005 09:36 PM

It is worth noting that the ominous EVIL looking armored man figure at the beginning of the episode (during the 14 years ago segment) is voiced by the same person who voiced Reito in Mai HiME.

I forgot to mention in my last post that Akira has also not appeared in any form.

So are these characters going to show up at all? Who knows. Maybe they will randomly appear when we least expect them. Maybe they will show up in the most mundane way possible (and thus completely surprising us). And maybe Sunrise just wasn't able to secure the VAs for some of those characters for another series.

I suppose we shall just have to wait and see.

Squeek 10-11-2005 07:21 PM

I can already tell without even looking it up that Kajiura Yuki is doing the music for this one as well.

Anyway, so far, it seems like the main character is way too hyperactive. She needs to be toned down a bit. I can see why she would be, but it was kind of annoying.

And, while this subber did a decent job, I'd be willing to wait and see if Static is going to pick this up as well.

~Squeek

jamuko 10-11-2005 08:52 PM

Yeah, her hyperness seemed like a little too much to me too... I figured it was just because I was used to Mai, though. Well, we'll see.

Oh, and Static is indeed picking this one up. X3 It said somewhere... on their forums maybe. I'll get those eventually for burning purposes, but I can't make myself wait that long to see them when they come out... -.- I was crazy thankful to Yesy for subbing Mai-HiME so quickly when the anxious suspense between episodes reached its height around episode 20 and after.

Moogy 10-11-2005 09:03 PM

www.static-subs.com - It's under Projects.

Squeek 10-13-2005 07:40 AM

And Static has released their version(s) of the show.

I'll be watching their version later considering how poorly the other group did theirs.

~Squeek

jamuko 10-14-2005 03:51 AM

Aw, they didn't do that poor of a job... I do want my songs subbed though. T^T

But since Static appears to be more on the ball with releasing them quickly this time, I suppose I can wait for them. But if the suspense level rises dramatically, I'm going for whatever I can get my hands on first... -.-

*Sorta-spoilerish speculation below*

Also... observing some things. There is another HiME star by the moon, only it's blue this time.

There is an evil-looking person in the OP that looks a lot like Mai... similar hair and eyes from what you can tell, and also has Mai's spinning flame symbol thing (the thing that looks like the Sharingan from Naruto >.> ). They also have the glowy rings around their wrists and ankles, but all of the Otome seem to have a thing like that now. This person's silhouette (in the first OP shot; goes by quickly) also looks a lot like a pheonix... which could signify a rebirth, but it also reminds me of Kagutsuchi. (On another pheonix-y note, it seems all the Otome battle uniforms have some part that looks like pheonix tail feathers. I noticed this when Arika's stone "went off" while they were falling in the episode, but it's even more apparent on Shizuru's uniform. Kind of interesting, seeing as the characters appear to be "reborn" from the last series. ) AAaaand, they are holding a sword that looks like it could be Miroku. I don't have a reference of it handy to compare, but it looks like it to me.

Also, that little birdy on Miyu's hat in the OP might be Alyssa. XD Hey, if Mikoto can be a cat, it's possible... it is yellow and hanging around with Miyu, after all.

Onnnnee more thing. There was a stone that made that guy's eyes turn yellow. Reito had something like that going on as well...

Alright, enough observation/speculation for now. (I loved Mai-HiME for that, and this seems to be just as promising. X3 )

Kefit 10-16-2005 03:21 PM

Episode 2 has been subbed, and it is hilarioustastic.

Shiho, Nao, and Chie are all completely and utterly INSANE now, although I suspect that much of that was due to the tone of the episode - I am sure that each of them will be far more sane when it comes time for the show to get serious.

Moogy 10-17-2005 11:22 AM

Episode 2 was awesometastic. Seriously. Either episode 3 or 4 is gonna have the first big battle, I'm pretty sure. I know both Nina and Arika are gonna end up going to the school, though.

Also, so far, the only people from the original series not to show up yet are Midori and Mai. Mai's obviously not going to show up for a while, though. She needs to be a villain. That would rule.

Kefit 10-17-2005 04:04 PM

Yukino, Akira, and Alyssa have also not made any appearances yet.

Squeek 10-17-2005 05:52 PM

Has Miyu made one? If she did, I missed it.

Decided not to wait for Static and just get theirs for burning purposes while getting Doremi for speed. Episode 2 was awesome. But, you know Moogy's gonna be right.

~Squeek

Kefit 10-17-2005 06:39 PM

Miyu appears in the OP.

I somehow don't think that Mai is going to be a villain this time around, although it would be interesting if she was.

jamuko 10-17-2005 06:57 PM

The more I think about it, the more I really do think the little yellow bird on Miyu's hat is Alyssa....

And it really does look like an evil-Mai in the OP >.> it could be someone else, but a lot of small details point to Mai.