Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Turbo Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   TWG Turbo XXIIIIIIII 10 AM/10 PM (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151516)

ShadoWolfe 12-9-2019 11:19 AM

Re: TWG Turbo XXIIIIIIII 10 AM/10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4704258)

Shadowolfe seems to be a cool vote for today. I let them off because it's their first game in who knows how long, but who knows. Maybe that's a bite, eh!?

Heh
Or you could, you know, re-evaluate instead of going for yesterday's near mislynch. I still don't know how my wagon even gained traction but I'ma look into that in a bit

Charu 12-9-2019 11:41 AM

Tell you what, if Funny stops making happy-sounding posts, then I'll switch to her to honor the death of T-Force.

Deal?

the sun fan 12-9-2019 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4704267)
Wowee

So either he hid behind a maf or hid behind the night kill, right? Cause otherwise the mandatory hiding protects Subie?

both he and the nightkill would be dead if he hid behind the nightkill

Charu 12-9-2019 11:41 AM

Also, incoming the entire day discussing how did Poptart get deaded.

the sun fan 12-9-2019 11:42 AM

I'm p sure I get to hurl Charu into the sun after Subaru's death

wait no

Charu 12-9-2019 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4704273)
both he and the nightkill would be dead if he hid behind the nightkill

Bruh, if that's the case, why in the WORLD is there a roleblocker in that role list?

ok FINE maybe Charu's town

the sun fan 12-9-2019 11:44 AM

wait YES fuck you Chair stop killing people to be confusing

the word of this day has been "vintage" for me, in case it was not clear

Subaru dying last night is a V I N T A G E Charu nightkill and, regardless of what the fuck happened, wolves definitely tried to kill Charu last night

the sun fan 12-9-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4704279)
wait YES fuck you Chair stop killing people to be confusing

the word of this day has been "vintage" for me, in case it was not clear

Subaru dying last night is a V I N T A G E Charu nightkill and, regardless of what the fuck happened, wolves definitely tried to kill Charu last night

wolves definitely tried to kill Subaru last night*
the hider doesn't work any way you wouldn't expect it to
if subaru hid behind the nightkill, the bullet goes through the nightkill and also kills Subaru; its exactly how the hider works and I've never seen anything different

Charu 12-9-2019 11:47 AM

So the roleblock is for...?

the sun fan 12-9-2019 11:48 AM

I kind of want to call Shado town because of Charu's entrance because like
I guess I'm going to start repeating myself and I want to be funfan this game and not solvefan

I doubt anyone else would kill Subaru last night and I highly, highly doubt it was a roleread and Charu the type of lamer to roleblock and put KP on the same player

the sun fan 12-9-2019 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4704281)
So the roleblock is for...?

blocking the hider from claiming for free
role flips are color only so that the hider can't claim for free after the roleblocker is publicly lynched
there's some additional stuff but its more for how the wolves want to try and get counterplay

Charu 12-9-2019 11:49 AM

If the hider is just what you described, then why would the wolves even have a roleblocker. It sounds like a free kill, lmao.

Charu 12-9-2019 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4704283)
blocking the hider from claiming for free
role flips are color only so that the hider can't claim for free after the roleblocker is publicly lynched
there's some additional stuff but its more for how the wolves want to try and get counterplay

Alright, let me logic this out from your explanation.

If I'm the hider and the role states I die if I hide behind a scum, I'd want to hide behind someone I town read.

So then I'd hide behind the town read, and the very next day, claim I hid behind said person.

However, if I were to get roleblocked, then I wouldn't die if the wolves stack (as your scenario is painting). Therefore I'd known I was roleblock since I didn't die, but can try again the next day forever more until I either get lynched or killed in the night.

Excuse me, what's the benefit for wolves here for stacking their kill? Why would the wolves ever use their roleblock if it TAKES AWAY A FREE KILL if the hider works exactly as you described?

Charu 12-9-2019 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4703781)
The hider MUST hide each night, and will die if they hide behind either the person that the mafia is trying to kill, or either mafia member. The Hider is not informed if/when they are roleblocked.

Quoting this section because it does NOT state both the hider and the person in question dies.

Only that the HIDER will be killed.

Charu 12-9-2019 12:02 PM

So I ask this once more:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4704256)
So uh, I'm glancing at the rules here once again and um... is the role in question act like some sort of body guard where only the hider dies? Or does the hider just die alongside another player if they hid behind a player that was going to die?

Asking because... why on earth would there be a roleblocker in this setup if that otherwise wouldn't be the case?

I mean, it seems pretty clear underlined by host's own explanation in OP, but the term "hider" here is making me confused and I just want clarification.

the sun fan 12-9-2019 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4704286)
blah blah blah I'm Charu

it guarantees that the wolves always get their kill off, firstly. never have to worry about the hider dodging the KP

secondly, you're just describing levels; its part of the beauty of the setup I think
it gives the wolves something to think about

you can risk it n1 after a mislynch and try to put town in mylo on d2 (which is good for a turbo, I think, and the hider gives less info that the seer)

but this all sounds like I'm praising my own setup, which I'm not

Charu 12-9-2019 12:15 PM

Wait, you made this setup, thesunfan?

Charu 12-9-2019 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4703020)
THIS GAME WILL BE HOSTED BY FFA USING A SETUP THAT I THOUGHT OF. I AM JUST MAKING THE SIGNUPS THREAD.

So it is...

Okay, so you're stating, from your own post in the signup thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4703020)
The hider MUST hide each night, and will die if they hide behind either the person that the mafia is trying to kill, or either mafia member. The Hider is not informed if/when they are roleblocked.

It doesn't say it here either, only that the "hider" dies.

You're making me confused, so was your "intended" mechanic to be both of them die or what?