Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=145607)

Hakulyte 09-29-2016 03:29 PM

Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4479262)
I mean how else am I supposed to reason about players if I don't try to understand their mindsets

How fast I'm posting should make it obvious that I'm not putting much thoughts behind my posts.

Hakulyte 09-29-2016 03:30 PM

Just iso me and compare all my posts I guess.

DaBackpack 09-29-2016 03:31 PM

looking at the larger context of Haku's posts, it fits within a self-effacing personality which he has projected since the beginning so I guess there's nothing abnormally weird about that post

just that the typical self-effacing posts are "I'm bad at this game" and not "I'm a wolf"

though there are a few of those:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4478390)
in b4 "haku if you're wolf, you don't lose if your partner wins".

so eh idk

DaBackpack 09-29-2016 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4479264)
How fast I'm posting should make it obvious that I'm not putting much thoughts behind my posts.

sure but there are things about yourself that you don't consciously think about that leak through your posts (this goes for everyone)

thesunfan 09-29-2016 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4479262)
I mean how else am I supposed to reason about players if I don't try to understand their mindsets

I think you take a read like that with a grain of salt honestly

I don't know how to read Haku so you could be onto something, I just don't think so

DaBackpack 09-29-2016 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesunfan (Post 4479269)
I think you take a read like that with a grain of salt honestly

I don't know how to read Haku so you could be onto something, I just don't think so

that's true, and that post fits with how he's been behaving thus far, so I'm assuaged on that point atm

Precarious 09-29-2016 03:36 PM

Quote:

This is the thing. It takes me forever to catch up with the thread whenever I'm gone for several hours, but it turns out that virtually all of the posts in the interim are relatively lacking in substance. There's a lot of subtle maneuvering going on, but not a lot that actually contributes to meaningful reads. Admittedly D1 is a crapshoot even in a normal game, but no one's actually putting their neck out, which (whether it's admitted or not) is probably a reflection of the Survivor-styled gameplay.

thesunfan 09-29-2016 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4479270)
that's true, and that post fits with how he's been behaving thus far, so I'm assuaged on that point atm

I looked up assuaged and I'm still not sure what you mean here, sorry

can you explain it again without ShadoWolfe vocabulary?

thesunfan 09-29-2016 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Precarious (Post 4479271)
This is the thing. It takes me forever to catch up with the thread whenever I'm gone for several hours, but it turns out that virtually all of the posts in the interim are relatively lacking in substance. There's a lot of subtle maneuvering going on, but not a lot that actually contributes to meaningful reads. Admittedly D1 is a crapshoot even in a normal game, but no one's actually putting their neck out, which (whether it's admitted or not) is probably a reflection of the Survivor-styled gameplay.

while the fact that everyone is going to be posting slightly differently because they are a survivor or what have you, and this is certainly a factor, I would say the style on D1 posting is just pretty typical for FFR

DaBackpack 09-29-2016 03:38 PM

I'm struggling about how to read this game tbh

I suspect most players are in pure self-pres mode, in which it's not beneficial to take the spotlight and contribute to the game (i.e. low-posting players might actually be more towny than in a regular game) and that players who are actively projecting town might be more scummy for it (since their pressures, on the surface, are the exact same as in a regular game)

But then I think some players still have the regular TWG mindset, wherein they actively attempt to solve the game, so really, there are around ~4ish prominent mindsets to compare each player against

DaBackpack 09-29-2016 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesunfan (Post 4479272)
I looked up assuaged and I'm still not sure what you mean here, sorry

can you explain it again without ShadoWolfe vocabulary?

it means I don't really care about it anymore

DaBackpack 09-29-2016 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4479275)
(i.e. low-posting players might actually be more towny than in a regular game) and that players who are actively projecting town might be more scummy for it (since their pressures, on the surface, are the exact same as in a regular game)

I mean to say that the wolf pressures are more similar to the "standard" TWG wolf pressures, whereas the "town" pressures are way different than in a "standard" TWG game

DaBackpack 09-29-2016 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesunfan (Post 4479274)
while the fact that everyone is going to be posting slightly differently because they are a survivor or what have you, and this is certainly a factor, I would say the style on D1 posting is just pretty typical for FFR

I think the 'not sticking your head out' mentality is pretty prominent

Shitposting never changes but actual game progress is stifled

thesunfan 09-29-2016 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4479275)
I'm struggling about how to read this game tbh

I suspect most players are in pure self-pres mode, in which it's not beneficial to take the spotlight and contribute to the game (i.e. low-posting players might actually be more towny than in a regular game) and that players who are actively projecting town might be more scummy for it (since their pressures, on the surface, are the exact same as in a regular game)

But then I think some players still have the regular TWG mindset, wherein they actively attempt to solve the game, so really, there are around ~4ish prominent mindsets to compare each player against

something that's been really fun that I've been doing is comparing how I thought people would act if they rolled survivor before the game to how I think they're acting now.

I'm not sure if it'll help you or not but its entertaining

DaBackpack 09-29-2016 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesunfan (Post 4479283)
something that's been really fun that I've been doing is comparing how I thought people would act if they rolled survivor before the game to how I think they're acting now.

I'm not sure if it'll help you or not but its entertaining

you're probably right in that it's better to be comparing on a "player history" level as opposed to comparing on a "my expectations" level (in that it's more accurate) but also a lot harder

DaBackpack 09-29-2016 03:45 PM

I'm probably just making things confusing

Hakulyte 09-29-2016 03:47 PM

I'm confident into not dying because I have weak problem-solving abilities and I have trouble to picture wolves being like "omg haku is the biggest threat".

thesunfan 09-29-2016 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4479290)
you're probably right in that it's better to be comparing on a "player history" level as opposed to comparing on a "my expectations" level (in that it's more accurate) but also a lot harder

I'm not sure if player history is going to be more accurate than some kind of expectations level but like...

you would have to have really accurate expectations for all players, which is certainly possible, and its really what I've been doing, so idk I think its good for me specifically, not sure about you or someone else

DaBackpack 09-29-2016 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4479295)
I'm confident into not dying because I have weak problem-solving abilities and I have trouble to picture wolves being like "omg haku is the biggest threat".

I believe this

Hakulyte 09-29-2016 03:48 PM

If I'm wrong, too bad for me lol.

DaBackpack 09-29-2016 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesunfan (Post 4479296)
I'm not sure if player history is going to be more accurate than some kind of expectations level but like...

you would have to have really accurate expectations for all players, which is certainly possible, and its really what I've been doing, so idk I think its good for me specifically, not sure about you or someone else

I'll probably just not think about it too hard and play it by ear

roundbox 09-29-2016 03:56 PM

When does day 0 end

Hakulyte 09-29-2016 03:57 PM

Tomorrow 10 pm Server time.

Hakulyte 09-29-2016 03:59 PM

At same time, the "challenge" ends today at 10 pm Server Time.

That can be confusing.

Hakulyte 09-29-2016 04:01 PM

If we count 72 hours, it's tomorrow.

thesunfan 09-29-2016 04:09 PM

its really important that you look at your PMs before you post anything at the start of the next day phase. You might have been silenced, and posting when you're silenced is a modkill, and that's a pretty stupid way to go.

if someone can repost this at EOD or something like it, that would be good, I was afraid I would forget

ShadoWolfe 09-29-2016 04:12 PM

Sorry busy all day, couldn't really check in. Turns out I don't have work, so I'm tryna take care of all the weekly shit. Also got a house I'm viewing in 30 minutes, so wish me luck with the landlord! I'll likely be free in a couple hours, and I'll be here on and off for the rest of the day.

Also, shoutouts to DRG. She couldn't be here with us this game 'cause of homework, but we should be seeing more of her come winter.

K, be back later. I'm able to look at this with refreshed eyes for once, so I'm pretty excited for tonight.

thesunfan 09-29-2016 04:17 PM

gl with the viewing

Precarious 09-29-2016 04:18 PM

I was going to do a really cursory roster run from memory, but there were too many people I had very little to go on, so I actually went back and checked everyone's post history (well, other than Haku and Charu because fuck that).

1. Hakulyte - Massive postcount, virtually all posts are non-game conversation or otherwise insubstantial. Very engaged, but probably a survivor (no hesitance).

2. ShadoWolfe - Didn't stick out to me from memory and I was a little suspicious, but looks way better when actually checking their post history. Pro-normal play, which syncs with my views, and generally seems to be actually probing, which backs up their perspective. Survivor read.

3. Red Blaster - Hardly remembered their posts, history was more interesting on reread but still content-lacking. Feels a little perfunctory to me, although I'm limited here by no prior knowledge of playstyle. Null to slight wolf lean.

4. roundbox - Kind of suspicious. Tone indicates someone comfortable with the nuances of the game, but overall post style feels a bit lacking in substance (which is more concerning because it feels like there should be substance right at the edges). Slight wolf lean.

5. Wineandbread - Started off with a comfortable post style that spoke to survivor status, but second half of posts feel a little more strained. Hasn't posted recently. Slight survivor to null (more null) read.

6. Precarious - Coolest dude that ever cooled a cool. Also a snappy dresser.

7. DaBackpack - Turned out to look much more town than I expected, to be honest. Speaking more in generalities than targeted probing, but just about everyone's guilty of that. Seems to be actually trying to figure things out from a distance. Survivor lean.

8. thesunfan - More posts than I expected. Initiated the litmus test and posted a test post immediately. That speaks better than anyone that followed since it was their idea, but it's hardly exculpatory because someone was going to propose that eventually. On the other hand, said finding wolves isn't the top priority which is wrong and not a good look. Not a lot of fluff posts, most stuff at least pertains to the game and seems to be thinking about it. Slight survivor lean.

9. j-rodd123 - Not sure what to make of him. Posts are fairly substantial in that they actually make a point of saying what he thinks, but his positions are basically unsupported. Kind of flailing, but in a self-preservation emphasized style. Slight survivor lean, close to null.

10. Tokzic - Most notable thing is the voteless claim. Other than that not a lot to go on. Seems sincere in a couple places, but kind of withdrawn. Null read.

11. MixMasterLar - High post count. Stylistically has some similarities to Charu in this game, sort of a relaxed high-activity aggression. At the same time, cared enough to do a casual roster run. Slight survivor lean.

12. R.E. Aryxi - Lots of empty posts but not a huge count, and the whole thing feels slightly ingratiating in places. Promised a yet to be delivered mega post. Slight wolf read.

13. Charu - Activity speaks well of him, but his playstyle is highly similar to someone I played with on The Return of Talking Time, and I could never read that person because the massive unfocused posting can be replicated regardless of alignment. There seem to be more hints here of things that actually pertain to the game, so I'll go with a slight suvivor lean here.

14. danceflashrevo - Lynchproof claim. Started off with a high post rate, which has come down somewhat since. Feels a little to unsure to me, but that could be meta or a reaction to the game. Null, possibly the slightest of wolf leans.

Precarious 09-29-2016 04:18 PM

That took way too long.

thesunfan 09-29-2016 04:25 PM

how does this game compare to game you played on Talking-time?

Precarious 09-29-2016 04:26 PM

The weird thing is that when reading the thread in context, it feels like there's not a lot of meaningful conversation, but when looking at everyone's post history on their own, there's a lot of stuff that at least pertains to the game. That suggests to me that Survivorship is taking precedence over actually putting out hard accusations.

Let's change that up.

R.E. Aryxi

thesunfan 09-29-2016 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Precarious (Post 4479318)
The weird thing is that when reading the thread in context, it feels like there's not a lot of meaningful conversation, but when looking at everyone's post history on their own, there's a lot of stuff that at least pertains to the game. That suggests to me that Survivorship is taking precedence over actually putting out hard accusations.

Let's change that up.

R.E. Aryxi

I get what you're trying to do with that vote, but voting for someone like shadowolfe or someone who has been more invested will more likely shake things up, and even then it probably won't perform what you want it to

Precarious 09-29-2016 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesunfan (Post 4479317)
how does this game compare to game you played on Talking-time?

TT took their mafias pretty seriously, to the point that they eventually stopped doing them because I think people were burned out. The pace wasn't quite as fast there, but it was still very fast. There were a lot of different playstyles (pseudo-spammers, various levels of analytical, active lurkers, etc.), which made games very interesting. People were very quick to vote there (probably because hammer/instalynch was never on), but it's probably not fair of me to compare that aspect to here, since I only have this game to go off of and the Survivor aspect means that it's (presumably) not behaving like a normal game. Well, and it's day 1.

Precarious 09-29-2016 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesunfan (Post 4479319)
I get what you're trying to do with that vote, but voting for someone like shadowolfe or someone who has been more invested will more likely shake things up, and even then it probably won't perform what you want it to

I mean, yeah, and it's not like I know where my final vote is going to be anyway, but voting someone I have a town read on is right now is even more ineffective. The main point was just to throw down a vote and hope other people would start doing the same. If everyone's accruing votes, people might start making more aggressive moves.

j-rodd123 09-29-2016 04:33 PM

Ah so precarious' new style is just steal my reads and present them as their own, got it

thesunfan 09-29-2016 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j-rodd123 (Post 4479323)
Ah so precarious' new style is just steal my reads and present them as their own, got it

he doesn't have you as lock clear, so there's at least one difference

j-rodd123 09-29-2016 04:38 PM

Was just kidding! But yea I'm ldo clear by now

Hakulyte 09-29-2016 04:57 PM

Aryxi is supposed to come back and post something like a big post/read lists/content or whatever.

I wouldn't bother with him until it happens (or not).

Hakulyte 09-29-2016 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Precarious (Post 4479314)
so I actually went back and checked everyone's post history (well, other than Haku and Charu because fuck that).

1. Hakulyte - Massive postcount, virtually all posts are non-game conversation or otherwise insubstantial. Very engaged, but probably a survivor (no hesitance).

Sorry for not being worth reading.

Quote:

2. ShadoWolfe - Didn't stick out to me from memory and I was a little suspicious, but looks way better when actually checking their post history. Pro-normal play, which syncs with my views, and generally seems to be actually probing, which backs up their perspective. Survivor read.

I don't know, I got wolf vibes from his tone especially in the last 2-3 posts before he left to go sleep. Getting tired?

Quote:

3. Red Blaster - Hardly remembered their posts, history was more interesting on reread but still content-lacking. Feels a little perfunctory to me, although I'm limited here by no prior knowledge of playstyle. Null to slight wolf lean.

Yeah, I'm not sure where to place him either, but he's not clear for me.

Quote:

4. roundbox - Kind of suspicious. Tone indicates someone comfortable with the nuances of the game, but overall post style feels a bit lacking in substance (which is more concerning because it feels like there should be substance right at the edges). Slight wolf lean.

I feel like throwing dirt at him nonstop until he does something alignment indicative because his "by the book" play is boring me.

Quote:

5. Wineandbread - Started off with a comfortable post style that spoke to survivor status, but second half of posts feel a little more strained. Hasn't posted recently. Slight survivor to null (more null) read.

It's like a 2nd Red Blaster for me.

Quote:

6. Precarious - Coolest dude that ever cooled a cool. Also a snappy dresser.

wolf suit when?

Quote:

7. DaBackpack - Turned out to look much more town than I expected, to be honest. Speaking more in generalities than targeted probing, but just about everyone's guilty of that. Seems to be actually trying to figure things out from a distance. Survivor lean.

I'm town-reading for how he's playing, but at same time, it's such an easy play that I can't clear him for that alone.

Quote:

8. thesunfan - More posts than I expected. Initiated the litmus test and posted a test post immediately. That speaks better than anyone that followed since it was their idea, but it's hardly exculpatory because someone was going to propose that eventually. On the other hand, said finding wolves isn't the top priority which is wrong and not a good look. Not a lot of fluff posts, most stuff at least pertains to the game and seems to be thinking about it. Slight survivor lean.

I suffer from "I can't trust you because you're too nice" syndrome. Otherwise, he would be a town-lean easily.

Quote:

9. j-rodd123 - Not sure what to make of him. Posts are fairly substantial in that they actually make a point of saying what he thinks, but his positions are basically unsupported. Kind of flailing, but in a self-preservation emphasized style. Slight survivor lean, close to null.

His game looks very natural to me.. until he fake claimed received gifts. Please tell me more about it lock-clear senpai.

Quote:

10. Tokzic - Most notable thing is the voteless claim. Other than that not a lot to go on. Seems sincere in a couple places, but kind of withdrawn. Null read.

You can't null read Tokzic. You just can't. Take a stance you meme.
Quote:

11. MixMasterLar - High post count. Stylistically has some similarities to Charu in this game, sort of a relaxed high-activity aggression. At the same time, cared enough to do a casual roster run. Slight survivor lean.

Probably Survivor, but I'm having trouble reading him. His play is too natural like mine ironically.
Quote:

12. R.E. Aryxi - Lots of empty posts but not a huge count, and the whole thing feels slightly ingratiating in places. Promised a yet to be delivered mega post. Slight wolf read.

Waiting for more content from him.
Quote:

13. Charu - Activity speaks well of him, but his playstyle is highly similar to someone I played with on The Return of Talking Time, and I could never read that person because the massive unfocused posting can be replicated regardless of alignment. There seem to be more hints here of things that actually pertain to the game, so I'll go with a slight suvivor lean here.

Would vote for him any day if nothing better to do, but that's just me being lazy and not wanting to deal with good players.
Quote:

14. danceflashrevo - Lynchproof claim. Started off with a high post rate, which has come down somewhat since. Feels a little to unsure to me, but that could be meta or a reaction to the game. Null, possibly the slightest of wolf leans.

I'm seeing null, I'm not sure why wolf lean. Would be nice if he gave a read list or something.

Hakulyte 09-29-2016 05:24 PM

Yeah, I know, we don't need more bad input from me.

MixMasterLar 09-29-2016 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4479190)
Hey, sometimes I comply immediately. I just didn't feel like it this time. Plus someone needs to be that one guy to make people go "whatcha doin' that for sonny boy?"

It's a win/win, and I looooooooooooooove it.

Ok
This style of posting does strike me as your town game. I'll unvote for now. I still have my eye on you

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4479191)
Something about this game is making me absolutely not care what happens. Maybe it's because of a lack of actual town team. We're all independent here, so y'know, we all have to survive. I bet the game doesn't end if all the wolves go off and get lynched.

If fucking better or I sub out
Arnt please answer this

Quote:

Stahp it

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesunfan (Post 4479310)
its really important that you look at your PMs before you post anything at the start of the next day phase. You might have been silenced, and posting when you're silenced is a modkill, and that's a pretty stupid way to go.

if someone can repost this at EOD or something like it, that would be good, I was afraid I would forget

That's going to be a shit storm with night talk on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4479335)
Yeah, I know, we don't need more bad input from me.

You and SunFan are probably my two top towns. I welcome any input.
Just. ... do try, k?

danceflashrevo 09-29-2016 05:59 PM

Haku I posted a reads list, albeit not very developed, it just kinda happened when I was typing up something to j-rodd or something. Sorry my activity died down, school lyfe

Uh.. thing that I got from past two/three pages: I think precarious's reads list was pretty well developed for this time in the game. He gets a pass from me for now. I want to see more from roundbox, wabby, red blaster, and aryxi. i think my vote is on rb and it'll stay there cuz pressure

MixMasterLar 09-29-2016 05:59 PM

I didn't have a gift in my PM

I dont know if comparing me and Charu is a compliment or an insult

I think while Shado could be a wolf he is more or less acting methodically like in BOATS

I hate how no one agreed with me on Charu and that makes me think I am way off base

.....I'm not sure how to proceed. It is day one tho, so I guess I'll waut a few hours for REA

danceflashrevo 09-29-2016 06:00 PM

i don't have any opinions on charu. i can't read charu. charu's crazy

danceflashrevo 09-29-2016 06:00 PM

lets kill charu Kappa

Hakulyte 09-29-2016 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4479342)
Stahp it

Maybe next game?

Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4479346)
lets kill charu Kappa

I like this, let's kill Charu.

Kappa

Who cares about reasons.

Arntonach 09-29-2016 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4479342)
If fucking better or I sub out
Arnt please answer this

Of course the game ends if the wolves get lynched.

Also Roundbox is losing with 14 posts.

Hakulyte 09-29-2016 06:09 PM

Ah cool, now we don't all need to replace out.

Thank you Real Arntonach.

MixMasterLar 09-29-2016 06:10 PM

I mean, if no better targets appear then maybe. First impression of him was garbage

But I have a feeling REA hasnt made his post for a reason, and it's better to focus on that instead of Charu atm

MixMasterLar 09-29-2016 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arntonach (Post 4479349)
Of course the game ends if the wolves get lynched.

Also Roundbox is losing with 14 posts.

Cool

unvote

Arntonach 09-29-2016 06:20 PM

Current Votes:

Unvote - 3
MixMasterLar, ShadoWolfe, Hakulyte

R.E. Aryxi - 1
Precarious

Red Blaster - 1
danceflashrevo

DaBackpack - 1
Red Blaster

Hakulyte - 1
Tokzic

That's it? :l

Charu 09-29-2016 06:21 PM

Oh...

Charu 09-29-2016 06:22 PM

Welp, I was thinking since you're throwing fucking challenges you were going to treat this like a "last man" standing type of thing, but with wolves fucking it up.

kk, there's no reason then for me to be individualistic then. What a shame

...Or maybe I should continue to do so? HEE HEE HEE

Hakulyte 09-29-2016 06:25 PM

I heard that if you hammer a wolf, you get a sexy bulletproof vest.

MixMasterLar 09-29-2016 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4479357)
...Or maybe I should continue to do so? HEE HEE HEE

Don't make me regret entertaining tje the idea you re not scum
Get out there and show the new guys why you re considered one of the best

MixMasterLar 09-29-2016 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4479360)

With insta off that's kind of dumb

Hakulyte 09-29-2016 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4479360)

I wonder if that will affect how people try to vote.

Can you vote twice for the same person to make your vote apply again?

Hakulyte 09-29-2016 06:30 PM

I'm sad, Aryxi was viewing thread and left again.

MixMasterLar 09-29-2016 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4479363)
I wonder if that will affect how people try to vote.

Can you vote twice for the same person to make your vote apply again?

I ....

Shit

I hope not?

Arntonach 09-29-2016 06:30 PM

Okay, I'm gonna clear that up too.

By 'hammer vote' I meant the last vote placed on someone. As yes revoting for someone puts you back on the top.

As how how people vote, well we'll see if you guys shit the bed again.

Hakulyte 09-29-2016 06:31 PM

Does lynching bypass bulletproof vest?

e.g: Wolf kill his wolf partner to get a vest.

Arntonach 09-29-2016 06:33 PM

Bulleftproof means you can't die during the night, while lynchproof means you can't get lynched during the day.

Hakulyte 09-29-2016 06:36 PM

One more post and you beat roundbox in postcount Arntonach.

#I believe in you

ty for explanation.

Hakulyte 09-29-2016 06:37 PM

If I get silenced tonight and nighttalk is on.

Can I talk during the night phase anyway and tell everyone I got silenced for the upcoming day phase?

Hakulyte 09-29-2016 06:38 PM

That makes this power pretty weak rofl..

Wineandbread 09-29-2016 06:40 PM

561-580

sunsfan: I'm quite content with what sunsfan has put out. Even if I don't agree with the lie detector scheme, the intuition behind it feels mostly like it's coming from something beyond self-preservation. His analysis on #695 was nice to read. I feel like I always see sunsfan as town and that's probably not a good thing. I'll bend over for you if you're ever a wolf unless I find something staggeringly different. Towny

Precarious: I'm liking the tone of his posts. Pretty logical attitude to the game. Towny-ish

Hakulyte: Overall I feel Haku is towny. His posts are pretty weird at times and lots of them aren't really meaningful, but they seem spontaneous and genuine. My one quip atm is he's taking the whole self wolf declaration thing a little too far to call it normal. This is something I expect exclusively from Charu. Slight town lean.

j-rodd: I'm pretty happy with posts 676-681. Slight town off those.

Charu: I can't fucen read you for shit. Null for now.

Aryxi: lack of content mostly. Seems to be making excuses from posting atm, which Shado and I agree on. Still, will leave null till your "megapost" comes online.

Two current scum lean:

ShadoWolfe: His attitude towards "not lock-clearing" himself could be a potential cover. I didn't like that line of posting. Other than that, his contribution has been quite good. I do like that he is keen to pick out posts he doesn't like and puts a line of questioning on it quickly. I don't really understand the whole "asking permission to ask a question" thing. His line of questioning... I'm not sure what to think of it. He said he was "curious" about "something", so I'm just wondering what exactly, and why he directed it specically at MML and Haku. I'd like a response about this. Null, slight scum.

MML: In general, I feel like your posts have been full of air. He's prodding some people for information, but most of it isn't specific (got a reads list, can you give us your thoughts, inactives post pls!, etc.) Reads list was rushed. Slight scum for now.

Other people: I haven't formed a strong enough opinion on you to warrant saying anything. Carry on.
Gonna focus on rb/Tokzic after dinner

Wineandbread 09-29-2016 06:40 PM

Woops disregard the 561-580, I was gonna comb posts but I decided not to cause I want to make dinner at a reasonable time

With that said, time to make dinner

Wineandbread 09-29-2016 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4479090)
Hakulyte, if you wouldn't mind, could you answer that as well?

I'm just curious about something.

This was the post I wanted a response to fyi

Arntonach 09-29-2016 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4479370)
If I get silenced tonight and nighttalk is on.

Can I talk during the night phase anyway and tell everyone I got silenced for the upcoming day phase?

You get told your silenced at the start of the next day phase, so night phase wouldn't be affected.

Hakulyte 09-29-2016 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arntonach (Post 4479375)
You get told your silenced at the start of the next day phase, so night phase wouldn't be affected.

Derp. Yeah, okay.

thesunfan 09-29-2016 06:48 PM

just got back from an exam think I nailed it so I'm feeling good

one thing I wanna comment in is that earlier I said that I underestimated how independent wabby would be because he is a scientist (at least this is what I had thought). I'm not sure that's accurate anymore, I think its more accurate to say that he didn't want to post what I suggested because he's more of the kind of person to think about a plan when it is proposed and he thought about it (clearly given his posts) and felt like it wasn't the best idea for him.

thesunfan 09-29-2016 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4479355)
Welp, I was thinking since you're throwing fucking challenges you were going to treat this like a "last man" standing type of thing, but with wolves fucking it up.

what
the
fuck

literally why is this game not 12 town vs 2 survivors

we were told we were survivors

this makes 0 sense

thesunfan 09-29-2016 06:53 PM

this game is stupendously, horrifically townsided if it ends when the wolves get lynched

thesunfan 09-29-2016 06:54 PM

it also means people can't hide behind the "I don't wanna post what you wanted me to post sunfan" excuse anymore

thesunfan 09-29-2016 06:54 PM

rofl
ok
I did not realize this is what was meant by survivor when arnt asked me to look at the setup

thesunfan 09-29-2016 06:55 PM

like, I have to kind of take all of this in at once

Hakulyte 09-29-2016 06:56 PM

I was thinking at forcing everyone to post your post, claim gift roles and then we do a PoE from that + scum leans.