Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Mapping Keys in FFR (WITH IMAGES) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=41727)

Gibson63 03-24-2007 09:36 PM

Re: Mapping Keys in FFR (WITH IMAGES)

kff

xvcb123 03-25-2007 07:15 PM

;
; AutoHotkey Version: 1.x
; Language: English
; Platform: Win9x/NT
; Author: A.N.Other <myemail@nowhere.com>
;
; Script Function:
; Template script (you can customize this template by editing "ShellNew\Template.ahk" in your Windows folder)
;

a::Send {left}
s::Send {down}
;::Send {up}
'::Send {right}

^^ thats what mine looks like. everything works fine but up button doesnt work. how i fix that?

rel89 03-25-2007 07:35 PM

What about getting AutoHotKey to work with a pad?

jwcgator 03-25-2007 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rel89 (Post 1390746)
What about getting AutoHotKey to work with a pad?

I would have created a FAQ for this, but playing FFR with a pad sucks so much. You get so many boo's that you die

hullmo717 04-4-2007 03:43 AM

xcvb, just in case you hadn't figured it out the reason that your up key isn't working is that the semi colon comments out that line. So you just need to use a key other than ;.

Does anyone have the code to make it so that the hotkeys only work in whatever browser you are using? I know someone mentioned it a ways back but I'm not sure if he or she is still active. I played with it a little but it didn't seem to be working at all. Thanks for the help.

Edit: After looking at more of the documentation on the website I managed to get it to work. If you use this code it should work if you are running firefox, although it seems to be a bit odd at times:

#IfWinActive, ahk_class MozillaUIWindowClass
{
a::Send {left} ;Your keys should go at the beginnings of these lines
k::Send {up}
l::Send {right}
}

To get it to work in other browsers use the window spy utility to find out the ahk_class of the browser. It should be the third line that shows up once you re-activate your browser. Then replace MozillaUIWindowClass with whatever class you found. Hopefully that works because I'm pretty sure that the only reason I figured it out was luck.

I should also add that is seems to mess with any other hotkeys you may have setup after that if statement. Which is making no sense to me whatsoever

f1ng3rman7 04-14-2007 08:36 PM

Oh gosh finally! Even though this has been here awhile and I haven't been paying attention. Just a couple of seconds ago I was wondering how to do this. I saw someone playing split setup on the "live broadcast" and I was like way a minute you can do that? I do that in Stepmania, but I use 2 hands on the arrow keys for FFR. That will really help my game.

-Moo- 04-15-2007 11:46 AM

Thanks for that, I tried... And i suck even more with mapped keys. Oh well. :(

Burning_F33T 04-15-2007 01:59 PM

I used this on the CAL forums, I hope it's okay.

- Mike

jwcgator 04-15-2007 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burning_F33T (Post 1456798)
I used this on the CAL forums, I hope it's okay.

- Mike

No problem, just make sure they know that jwcgator wrote it :)

Skidss 04-16-2007 04:27 AM

I'm not sure if this thread is still looked at, I'm pretty sure this is one of my first posts in the Forum...I need some advice for the Hotkeys. It was working fine this morning (I'm using it for Stepmania, I only play new FFR songs) when I had Triples and Quads. I loved this thing because I never thought it was fair how some people could hit 3-4 steps and not get a miss/boo whatever.

So I was using z x . / for left/down/up/right and I was hitting everything okay. I just ran it when I started playing again, and I thought it was odd when I was missing when I know I had it timed right. I checked on another song with lots of the 3-4 and Holds, None of my holds will work and I can't hit the Triples and Quads. I don't know what happened, I don't know where to check, this happen to anyone else?

If it's not fixable, that's okay. I'll just stick to Up/Down/Left/Right

kpxkrnkidx 04-17-2007 06:42 PM

does this work for macs? i cant get it to work on my moms laptop

kpxkrnkidx 04-22-2007 09:34 PM

anyone? does anyone know how to work AHK on a mac?

ArCh_WaRrIoR11 05-9-2007 01:14 PM

RAWRthat helped but I can't use the period or "M" nore w?o using shift lol

hullmo717 05-9-2007 03:30 PM

At Skidss if you are using it for SM then why don't you just use the in-game options to change the keys since I'm pretty sure that it would be just a bit more stable. If thats not what you meant then maybe you can elaborate?

At kpxkrnkidx I don't think that you would be able to use AHK on a mac just because it was written for use with a Windows machine. I'm sure that there is another program out there that is written for use with a mac.

And finally arch warrior: are those keys the keys that you use for playing?

Maid 05-9-2007 06:48 PM

so tried it again, going to my old sm keys improved speed by a bit.

LeMoN25 05-15-2007 08:01 AM

U really have 2 get used to it

SulferDragon 05-20-2007 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xvcb123 (Post 1390628)
;
; AutoHotkey Version: 1.x
; Language: English
; Platform: Win9x/NT
; Author: A.N.Other <myemail@nowhere.com>
;
; Script Function:
; Template script (you can customize this template by editing "ShellNew\Template.ahk" in your Windows folder)
;

a::Send {left}

^^ thats what mine looks like. everything works fine but up button doesnt work. how i fix that?

Please answer this guys question. I keep trying to set my keys up as:
z::Send {left}
x::Send {down}
...and it ain't working for me. It's the up arrow just like them. Does it not like it when you put ; as a key or something? I really want to know... now... please :P

hullmo717 05-21-2007 09:19 PM

Yeah, the ; key is used for comments. Anything on a line after the semicolon won't be read. There might be a way to use semi-colon but I'm not sure what it is right now. You could check out their website, they might have something about it in the documentation.

Dc-xBluex 05-22-2007 02:11 AM

Ty Ty Ty Ty Ty So Much. I went from playing with the arrows keys to spread, which made it easier, but then my finger felt awkward, and then when i tried to go back normal i totally sucked. This mad it much easier thanx again!

SlayerApocalypse666 05-28-2007 03:07 AM

;::X ; doesn't work
`;::X ; doesn't work
X::; ; doesn't work
X::`; ; doesn't work
Semicolon::X ; doesn't work (this would be the easiest solution to implement)
X::Semicolon ; doesn't work
SC027::X ; this works but it isn't very intuitive
X::SC027 ; but this doesn't work

I do not have tried it.
Let me know if it works.

Edit: I tried this SC027::Send { Right } and it works fine.