Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Monstercat Tournament (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=152220)

MajorOfMusic 10-7-2020 12:58 AM

Re: Monstercat Tournament

Little late. Sorry.

T-Force 10-7-2020 01:21 AM

Podium!
Song selection was aight, and the difficulty upshifts for D5 was good (although how this last round was a 78 and the prior a 76 is beyond me). Probably couldn't go much higher, as I know there are only a couple in the 80s.
As for late scores, that's up to your discretion, but for a first time host, you did good Moe. Thanks for hosting.

csoup1414 10-7-2020 05:02 AM

That was fun!

euphoriakisses 10-7-2020 05:42 AM

Thank you Charmoeleon! I had a blast participating in your Tournie and absolutely loved the songs that were chosen for D2. :3

kadef 10-7-2020 09:21 AM

Aaaaand my late score was a 59,420 so it turns out I would have won D4 if I weren't an idiot. Amazing. XD

Files definitely could have been harder for D4 - you started at the bottom of the D4 range and scaled towards the top of D4, and I think there'd be more variance in scores if you scaled from low D4 up to mid-high D5 instead. Fun charts regardless though, congrats and thank you for hosting!

XJ-9 10-7-2020 09:37 AM

Thanks a ton for hosting, Charmoeleon! Overall I feel like the tournament was successful, especially for your first time hosting. :)

One suggestion is having a bigger difficulty increase for D5 towards the end into the low/mid 80s, but I know that's easier to do when you have more song choices. Ended up not being a big deal since it wasn't a AAA/low SDG or lose situation cumulatively for the participants, even if there was a AAA in the last round. That can also speak well of you adapting with the song selection based on how people are scoring in spite of the labeled difficulty.

Allowing late scores is helpful, but I'd say to limit rounds to no more than five days in length if going that route. Mainly just a personal preference in the end, though.

Thanks again, and I'm looking forward to any future tournaments you host!

Snupeh 10-7-2020 10:40 AM

Thank you for hosting the tournament. It was fun! I am looking forward to participating in your future tournaments!

Charmoeleon 10-7-2020 06:46 PM

Alright, credits have been sent out. And just as an explanation, higher divisions were weighed more heavily than lower ones, hence the change in amounts between winners. The split between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd is the same across all divisions, however. Also, those that did place in the tournament also received participation credits, which is included in the amount sent. With all that said, if anything's wrong, please let me know and I'll try my best to fix it!

jh05013 10-8-2020 11:48 PM

Kinda late reply, but thanks for hosting!

Caramelldansin 10-10-2020 02:13 PM

Thank you for hosting the tournament! It was alot of fun!!!

Link251 11-19-2020 05:12 PM

Vary late post but the tournament was really nice to join into and if you ever do another one, I will be there to participate :)