Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=152539)

Shadow_God_10 11-24-2020 11:03 PM

Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

DBP combing through the game feels genuine to me and not like... How do I put this...

I can't put it into words

Shadow_God_10 11-24-2020 11:03 PM

It just feels legit, is the best that I can come up with to phrase how I feel

Hakulyte 11-24-2020 11:08 PM

Is there anyone in this thread that's town reading:

A) Plop
B) FG
C) T-Force

If yes, why ?
If no, where are they for you ?

I'm on a tunnel with them. I'm relatively comfortable giving a pass to everyone else.

DaBackpack 11-24-2020 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4749682)
you know how old people's knees can tell when its going to rain?
this is basically that

I'm sorry what???

Hakulyte 11-24-2020 11:09 PM

If you want to be cool, you can investigate Yoshl/Sunfan too.

DaBackpack 11-24-2020 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4749686)
In all seriousness, I've done my best trying to explain what my train of thought has been this game so far.

It might not be how yall are currently approaching finding wolves but I have never in TWG made a more honest post about my logic and just posting it right off the bat. In the past I've said "lol youll find out later" which gets me killed, or I've been more aggressive which has gotten me killed, and I just really, really don't want to be mislynched again because of this. I feel like at least in the past 10 games the only time when people trust me is when I'm so uncomfortably town that I snipe all 3 wolves instantly (see the jojo meme game with raeko).

I'm really trying to adjust my meta to help expalin myself more due to previously getting off'd as a blue one too many times. (no, this isnt a blue soft)

Also, thank you haku, I look forward to looking at you d2 or d3 lol

ok nvm I guess xiz was killed for blue equity after all

Shadow_God_10 11-24-2020 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4750243)
I'm sorry what???

There's an old wives tale of old people being able to predict the weather based on whether their joints hurt or not

https://wexnermedical.osu.edu/blog/c...dry%20weather.

for your perusal in your spare time

Shadow_God_10 11-24-2020 11:12 PM

I'm starting to get a little lost here

A) Are we of the opinion that Xiz was the night kill, and that Ulli was our possible secondary kill?
B) We seem to be back at T-Force/Funny again

Is there anything else I seem to be missing so far?

Hakulyte 11-24-2020 11:15 PM

Looks like I need to move back Yoshl in null. fml.

Hakulyte 11-24-2020 11:16 PM

I'm dumb, I should have asked him why he also voted T-Force.

Hakulyte 11-24-2020 11:21 PM

I might town read T-Force, wolf read Yoshl and wolf read FG in conjunction with Plop.

Time will tell if im bad.

Plop I beg you to do more solving.
Same to you T-Force.
FG is like a walking wild card with ?? opinions. I just don't like it.
Yoshl is the player everyone keeps forgetting.

TWGma 11-24-2020 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4750247)
I'm starting to get a little lost here

A) Are we of the opinion that Xiz was the night kill, and that Ulli was our possible secondary kill?
B) We seem to be back at T-Force/Funny again

Is there anything else I seem to be missing so far?

A) Yes.
B) A familiar place. It's like coming home to a fire in the berth and a warm hug waiting except the fire just entered the living room and oh god everything is burning, and the hug has a knife ready to slip into my back.

Yep. Familiar.

Shadow_God_10 11-24-2020 11:21 PM

Unvote

Shadow_God_10 11-24-2020 11:21 PM

I think the kills are the opposite then, just saying

Shadow_God_10 11-24-2020 11:23 PM

Ulli was killed to cause confusion amongst us, and Xiz was more than likely killed out of paranoia for chaos play history

DaBackpack 11-24-2020 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWGma (Post 4749738)
I feel like I'm sheeping other reads here, but I also am reading Shadow pretty heavily town.

A lot of his thoughts and posts seem spur of the moment; no real hard self-editting like "does this make me look town? Does this make me feel wolfy?"
It just feels really genuine, and posts that he'd make when he has no information and is trying to create his own world of sense.

not even focusing on the sheeping comment here---

this read is basically a "free action", in that anybody can say something to this effect without risk of overextending or committing in a risky direction

"his posts are genuine" as the basis of a full read, esp when that read is well-established by others, reads like a wolf calculation

Shadow_God_10 11-24-2020 11:24 PM

BLAH IT COULD BE THE OTHER WAY AROUND

DaBackpack 11-24-2020 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4749746)
I feel like your main problem is focusing on WAY too big of a picture. And also basing assumptions off of other assumptions. Try to keep yourself more grounded and you'll find things to solve organically

raeko is town

DaBackpack 11-24-2020 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWGma (Post 4749753)
Not at the moment. I'm sure once things get a little more heated and people start posting by the skin of their teeth, that may change, but it's also a frequent thing to have FG and I have votes on each other by the end of D0.

if you're self-aware of this behavior why are you letting yourself use this as an excuse for why your vote is in a useless place?

Hakulyte 11-24-2020 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4750254)
Ulli was killed to cause confusion amongst us, and Xiz was more than likely killed out of paranoia for chaos play history

Big brain move is to not answer this to protect whoever was vigi.

Shadow_God_10 11-24-2020 11:29 PM

I'm gonna ISO T-Force, and FG respectively, specifically their EODs

Shadow_God_10 11-24-2020 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4750259)
Big brain move is to not answer this to protect whoever was vigi.

Yeah, I figured that out. That's why I stopped where I did

DaBackpack 11-24-2020 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWGma (Post 4749755)
Not worth caring about due to how early it is and my effort level in D0. I seem to have a habit of being mislynched in D0 due to my exceptionally passive style of play early on, and it seems like people expect that to change.

again, if you're aware that this is a thing that we have problems with, why does it feel like you're using that as a shield to protect yourself from scrutiny, when instead you should actually take the time to actually change and become useful?

YoshL 11-24-2020 11:30 PM

yeah no, even t-force i think got the gist of why i voted him last phase. i didn't really feel like ffa or ulle were good wagons, and tforce's recent posts struck me as really bad at the time, as i said in thread, right at that time. it's not as if I just voted him without at least letting people know my path there.

that coupled with haku being the one to vote on t-force pretty much because i voted him last phase, and is now trying to sus me because of that is hillarious

Shadow_God_10 11-24-2020 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4750147)
my heart was broken so I invited

fatfuck was shady

ulle flip helped me more than ffa

Invited what?

Why is Plop shady?

What does the Ulli flip resolve for you? Aside from now knowing we had two town wagons?

DaBackpack 11-24-2020 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWGma (Post 4749759)
Right now, this is a game of Among Us where we're all just wandering around doing tasks, occasionally running into each other.
Night phase is when someone calls Lights, and we all scramble into Electrical to fix it and find a dead body.
After that? Then it's the true meat and potatoes. We figure out interactions and who it might be from there.

Until then, I'm just putting wires together.

If this is how you feel, then now's the time t-force

Shadow_God_10 11-24-2020 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4749991)
c'mon let her play guys

I feel like this is weird... But don't know why...

Hakulyte 11-24-2020 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4749916)
all that being said, i think i still fall between ffa/ulle for vote today. i'm going to 100% catch fire from funnygurl but unless there's something more than "trust me ffa's town", it's where my read is, and has been. i don't think he even mentioned if he was going to not be able to make eod for any reason.

ulle is in thread, so there's still potential for stuff to be said, i imagine they're catching up.

haku is also trending downwards, but not enough for me to want to vote rn though

I wasn't sure for your T-Force vote because I've read this in your EoD.

DaBackpack 11-24-2020 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4749772)
I'll be back home in a bit but i want to say I find it hilarious everyone is just ignoring my thunderdome on ffa. I think only sunfan commented on it?

Wtf is wrong with u ppl

I think this is towny

Funnygurl555 11-24-2020 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWGma (Post 4750195)
One key aspect about TWG that I feel doesn't get enough cred is the relationships people have with players outside of the game.
It's easier for us to believe in and feel the tone behind players that we know better. When we can read the posts in their voice and know their tones within it.

Moreso in point with the above part of this post, I think that, if FG is a wolf, she wants a friend around that she thinks she can easily sway into believing her to be town.
Especially if he flips town later, that could look good for her down the line based on his reads at the time.
Obviously this is an assumption, but I do think FG's wanting to save FFA is based on her relationship with FFA.

And, on the flipside, it again ties in with my read on Raeko.

ironically ffa has trouble reading me in games. he //always// wolf reads me for SOME reason. i'm pretty good at reading him though. well, i'm pretty good at clearing him when he's town. that's why i wanted to keep him alive over ulle.

Shadow_God_10 11-24-2020 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4749944)
i think this is great

Her belief that the T-Force wagon is a good one.... Hmmm....

Does Wolf FG meme this hard?

Shadow_God_10 11-24-2020 11:34 PM

I think I'm going too deep into the tunnel here

Funnygurl555 11-24-2020 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4750264)
Invited what?

Why is Plop shady?

What does the Ulli flip resolve for you? Aside from now knowing we had two town wagons?

oh i meant unvoted

plop is always shady to me, but what was really shady here was his insistence on an ffa lynch over the alternatives. i feel like he should've known that wasn't be the best move here

the ulli flip gives me more confidence in going after the people who decided to shade both of them early on

Hakulyte 11-24-2020 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4750269)
ironically ffa has trouble reading me in games. he //always// wolf reads me for SOME reason. i'm pretty good at reading him though. well, i'm pretty good at clearing him when he's town. that's why i wanted to keep him alive over ulle.

So, you wanted to keep alive the guy that couldn't read you well ?

I'm confused.

Shadow_God_10 11-24-2020 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4750272)
oh i meant unvoted

plop is always shady to me, but what was really shady here was his insistence on an ffa lynch over the alternatives. i feel like he should've known that wasn't be the best move here

the ulli flip gives me more confidence in going after the people who decided to shade both of them early on

Describe a wolf Plop to me please, I've never seen it

Also where do you stand in terms of reads

Funnygurl555 11-24-2020 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4750273)
So, you wanted to keep alive the guy that couldn't read you well ?

I'm confused.

i don't think it matters if he struggles to read me, yeah? especially if i'm town. like, why do i care if another townie thinks i'm a wolf? i feel like worrying about that kinda stuff is wolfy

Hakulyte 11-24-2020 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4750274)

Wolf Plop is like a nice guy...

..but he won't help you.

Funnygurl555 11-24-2020 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4750274)

wait really? i feel like he's rolled wolf quite a bit in the recent games i've played with him. the biggest thing i've observed from him is he's able to see through some of the bs misreads that people put out, which i guess shows some tmi

Funnygurl555 11-24-2020 11:38 PM

oh i'm gonna have to do some thonking to get reads out

Hakulyte 11-24-2020 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4750275)
i don't think it matters if he struggles to read me, yeah? especially if i'm town. like, why do i care if another townie thinks i'm a wolf? i feel like worrying about that kinda stuff is wolfy

If you're town ?

Funnygurl555 11-24-2020 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4750279)
If you're town ?

idk man i really think you're a wolf here

Hakulyte 11-24-2020 11:41 PM

I need players to

A) evaluate you
B) you to evaluate players

I just don't care about the rest.

DaBackpack 11-24-2020 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4749846)
thread catchup stream of consciousness

i don't think i'm being scum read by anyone in the game which feels nice and not nice because i was going to see if there would be anything to glean out of if there was some split

thoughts as i'm catching up with the thread

@Ulle big post #344 http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...&postcount=344
mechanics discussing will always have the input of wolves able to skew strategies, and be privvy to strat busting

Haku's long page feels horrible and is like a regression back towards null from towny early. huge tower posts where quotes are saying more than the "analysis" just feels so bad, and it's mostly just re-iterating what happened in the thread without treading too much new ground. At most, haku offers up small commentary reads, but there's not much to actually focus on.

mellon and freezin have been generally null for me, i don't think i have enough from mellon's posts to really have a solid read yet.
freezinice i don't think (to be completely honest) i have spent enough time trying to read yet this game, because i haven't seen anything jump out to me yet that makes me lean freezin one way or the other

I think i'm feeling fine with plop this phase, at least based on general problem solving attempts (e.g. #387 http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...&postcount=387)

sunfan's grilling of xiz that follows actually doesn't feel too good with me, but it's unfortunately one of those things that i can't really put my finger on, some strange cordiality in thread that makes me feel weird.

T-Force describing FFA (#398 http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...&postcount=398) is literally how I think of ffa, and to be completely honest, I've been doing mostly what i can to steer clear of saying that myself, because I have already large sus on ffa for leaning me town early game which feels wrong lmao

sunfan feels better from the dbp vote, it's more along the lines of what i was thinking, which i posted briefly later in thread.

feeling out shadow still, and at the very least, tone feels natural. the foot down @ ffa (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...&postcount=405) feels like something they'd say based on the limited posts and discord messages i've read from them.

Haku #425 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...&postcount=425) fg null, with questionable reads? unsure if i missed fg reads at all, or if haku's making this up.
His following post is also really strange, because i don't see the logic jump from (Ulle/T-Force are sort of tied by fate in this coin flip timeline.) to (leaning to vote Ulle in order to indirectly solve T-Force/Sunfan.)
#436 haku also says (I can hypothetically town read FFA/T-Force/Ulle/Yoshl, but im playing with fire.) in his consolidated reads list which is even more confusing

(from plop)
will clarify that because i've never played w/ ulle or really even read anything they've ever posted from any previous games, it's more of a legitimately unsure type situation given that there was i think like 1-2 people who said they're very mechanics heavy

-----

(i'm at post 480, but i want to get my thoughts in if people respond or other stuff happens before i can finish catching up)

I've been attention to YoshL this game but I haven't really commented on him yet. His development on Haku, both within D0 and between D0-D1 is uniquely towny, because it there is very little wolf equity in making early reads and rocking the boat within the same phase by trending that read in the opposite direction.

That's not great wording, but the fact that YoshL initially had Haku as strong town but slowly evolved it into a null read, and now into a stronger wolfread is a heavy investment to make as a wolf. In general I think wolf YoshL would spread his energy 'outwards' and have a broader depth of opinion and rest on his early Haku read instead of putting in the additional effort of evolving on Haku, especially this subtle kind of progression has very low return on investment as a wolf strategy.

Hakulyte 11-24-2020 11:47 PM

I feel like a bully so, I'm just going to announce that I'm voting FG until the end of the game unless I get juicy info.

Thank you very much.

That was my last post for tonight.

DaBackpack 11-24-2020 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4749849)
ok haku, here's why i'm not town-reading you

you're /wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy/ too grounded here to be town. your reads are very logical but they lack the depth and paranoia that makes your town game unique

like i just checked out haku's iso. it's like it's a whole 'nother person? i'm always able to town read you when we're town together so i shouldn't be struggling here

this is a good insight from FG, something I hadn't considered so far. hmmm

Shadow_God_10 11-24-2020 11:50 PM

Here's my schtick

If I think Haku is town, I wolf read FG

Vice versa

DaBackpack 11-24-2020 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4749858)
haku if you were town and i were wolf you bet i'd be town reading you rn

even if we were wolf partners i wouldn't do it. and we've been partners before

i wouldn't dare try to wolf read you unless i really thought you were scum

I'm concerned that FG is starting to look townier

DaBackpack 11-24-2020 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWGma (Post 4749875)
Another thing that bothers me is, with Haku, he seems all over the place.
Him contradicting himself from post A to B and A and B are 3 posts apart is a cause of concern.

This is a really point of comparison w/r/t funnygurl

FG was wolf-reading Haku because of his consistency and lack of paranoia

T-Force was wolf-reading Haku for the exact opposite reason, that Haku was NOT consistent and all over the place

I kind of think this incongruency between the two is more of an indicator that they aren't coordinating, so I might be wrong about FG/T-Force pairing.

The bolded segment is a wolf tell. Look up "concern trolling." Not exactly the same thing but phrasing your read as "a cause of concern" is a really passive way of expressing a read.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that it never actually concerned you.

Shadow_God_10 11-24-2020 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4750283)
I feel like a bully so, I'm just going to announce that I'm voting FG until the end of the game unless I get juicy info.

Thank you very much.

That was my last post for tonight.

Interesting...

Are we gonna see a Thunderdome here?

DaBackpack 11-24-2020 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4749879)
Now I feel like the worst person ever if I even think at voting there.

For the future. If something like this ever happens don't feel the need to swap your vote off of me out of guilt. My personal problems shouldn't dictate the flow of the game. I've slept through EoD a bunch of times in past games and have gotten punished for it. I don't get mad, you guys do what you have to do to play the game

Hakulyte 11-25-2020 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4750290)
For the future. If something like this ever happens don't feel the need to swap your vote off of me out of guilt. My personal problems shouldn't dictate the flow of the game. I've slept through EoD a bunch of times in past games and have gotten punished for it. I don't get mad, you guys do what you have to do to play the game

Note that even if I voted you, it wasn't going to be a game changer here.

FFA/Ulle still ended up being the main wagon.

I'm pretty sure FFA got read as Phoenix Wright because of the narrative thing and 1-2 wolves might have openly wanted him dead.

FFA also recently afk'd EoD D0 as PR and that looked pretty similar.

DaBackpack 11-25-2020 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatfuck42 (Post 4749918)
Interesting... If he's less aggressive as town then that'd line up with his game here...

I don't know what to think!

weak shit

plop lookin a little wolfy

DaBackpack 11-25-2020 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4749924)
I think this is the first concrete post of t-force that i don't like, because it feels a little more like a gross oversimplification of why people (at least, to me) want to vote Ulle here, and it's much more than "not having enough time to play and catch up with thread", and generalization makes me swing tforce way into wolf side. While I actually think this doesn't necessarily tie him with ulle, I think it's much more indicative of a "not concerned with solving the game" attitude.

Like, this post does a lot in calling people out for doing something, but it also doesn't do a lot in taking a stance of "behavior is wolfy, or null, or towny"

YoshL, where do you stand with T-Force now?

DaBackpack 11-25-2020 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4749944)
i think this is great

this post is amazing

DaBackpack 11-25-2020 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWGma (Post 4749960)
For those of us who didn't, can you fill us in?

Also, re: votes on me:
lol
Same ol' shit.

stank

Shadow_God_10 11-25-2020 12:10 AM

Ugh I'm getting cold feet I need to take a step back for a sec

DaBackpack 11-25-2020 12:11 AM

there is a very confusing love triangle between haku-fg-tforce

haku and tforce not aligned?
fg and tforce not aligned?

I think that makes it, {t-force} or {haku+fg}?

Hakulyte 11-25-2020 12:12 AM

The game I had in mind was Turbo 30 - Nonary Games with the D0 afk PR btw.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWGma (Post 4749917)
I'd recommend reading TWG 191 because wolf FFA was definitely NOT aggresive in comparison to his town games.

Also, this is like.. the 3rd time you've flip-flopped on FFA today.

I just looked that up and in TWG 191, ffa was a replacement.

I think this impacts his playstyle as he's just temporary in the game and hasn't time to become grounded.

This might be a better example for wolf FFA @ Senpai.

Shadow_God_10 11-25-2020 12:16 AM

Senpai game triggers my PTSD

DaBackpack 11-25-2020 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4750142)
because FG and T-Force are both wolves and FG placed a vote on him for distancing purposes

but then T-Force was actually in danger so she swapped to save him

duh

I take this back after now having read the entire thread

Shadow_God_10 11-25-2020 12:21 AM

Actually the senpai game is a great example of how I can read DBP tbh

I'm not seeing what I saw from him in that game... I think?

I don't know how to read any of you tbh I'm going on gut

Hakulyte 11-25-2020 12:22 AM

ps: if it's Day 0 or I'm replacing, I'm less likely to get paranoid because there's less stuff at stake.

I need to like figure out as fast as possible who is what and why. Eventually I reach that roadblock with world building and it becomes super important for me to convince others to either A) follow me on my reads or B) help me realize im wrong if I am.

The main thing that triggers paranoia for me is when I reach that point where I need to convince people to vote somewhere or investigate something. I never know how people will react or why and I usually start feeling some sparks.

DaBackpack 11-25-2020 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWGma (Post 4750183)
Agreed. That looked like some major pres by funnygurl.
If that goes the other way, wolf-FG keeps someone who she thinks she can manipulate to keep a townread on her.

Town-FG is just like... yikes.

PS. Yes I chortled at seeing FFA flip as Moe. That was satisfying.

In this context, that would suggest that funnygurl swapped her vote off of you in order to later farm a townread from you? Is that something that's happened before?

Shadow_God_10 11-25-2020 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4750302)
ps: if it's Day 0 or I'm replacing, I'm less likely to get paranoid because there's less stuff at stake.

I need to like figure out as fast as possible who is what and why. Eventually I reach that roadblock with world building and it becomes super important for me to convince others to either A) follow me on my reads or B) help me realize im wrong if I am.

The main thing that triggers paranoia for me is when I reach that point where I need to convince people to vote somewhere or investigate something. I never know how people will react or why and I usually start feeling some sparks.

Have you tried doing an update on your reads, factoring that DBP is now active?

DaBackpack 11-25-2020 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4750230)
I seriously think a T-Force/FG thunderdome should happen, but like a real one.

yes

Hakulyte 11-25-2020 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4750304)
Have you tried doing an update on your reads, factoring that DBP is now active?

I'm town reading what he's been doing this phase.

I prefer to ignore his first phase because honestly not much happened that matters for his slot.

The main reason I wanted to vote him D0 was because of activity.

Hakulyte 11-25-2020 12:30 AM

I mean, I could push him for saying that FFA was a hot take in theory.

Shadow_God_10 11-25-2020 12:31 AM

Raeko is my top town

DBP is probably town based on past experiences with him and the gut feeling I have from his posting

T-Force... I'm not sure... I'm trying to not let my personal experiences with him affect his alignment in this game and I'm struggling a bit, so I might have to sheep a little off you guys

If FG dances around a little more, I'm more convinced she's a wolf

I don't know how to read Plop/Sunfan/YoshL

I'm less suspicious of Haku, I think

I forgot who else is in this game

Shadow_God_10 11-25-2020 12:32 AM

Oh Freezin' I'm sorry I forgot about you!

I'm gut reading town lean here.

Hakulyte 11-25-2020 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4750307)
I mean, I could push him for saying that FFA was a hot take in theory.

I kinda consider this NAI because you didn't provide explanations as to why so, I have nothing to point at.

It is what it is.

Shadow_God_10 11-25-2020 12:37 AM

DBP now that you're caught up, are you working on reads?

Hakulyte 11-25-2020 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4750308)
I don't know how to read Plop/Sunfan/YoshL

Town Plop is more pro actively trying to solve things. This Plop has been quite the minimalist for little reason.

I also loss a wolf Plop before with the exact same pattern so, everything checks for me in that regard.

Sunfan still has a decent chance to be town. I would call this Sunfan meta the "off day Sunfan" where his attention is not fully here, but he's still trying to play when he can.

@Yoshl: I'm mostly interested to hear anything from you that has nothing to do with me. I think this will help a lot.

Hakulyte 11-25-2020 12:42 AM

So, yeah. If you guys don't want to vote FG/T-Force, I consider Plop a solid 3rd wagon.

Hakulyte 11-25-2020 12:45 AM

I think {Plop/FG} is more likely than {T-Force/FG}.

Hakulyte 11-25-2020 12:46 AM

Plop/T-Force is also possible in the world where I'm wrong about FG.

Shadow_God_10 11-25-2020 12:48 AM

Why do I feel myself agreeing with Haku here?

Hakulyte 11-25-2020 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatfuck42 (Post 4750194)
Are you and raeko wolfing together? I think you might be...

Example of minimalistic posting ^

There's no why.

Hakulyte 11-25-2020 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatfuck42 (Post 4749984)
Xiz and freezin, what bothers you about the t-force train? Or were you two expressing more confusion than dislike earlier?

This is also working against the T-Force/Plop world.

DaBackpack 11-25-2020 12:54 AM

At this juncture I'm almost 100% sure FG/T-Force is W/T or T/W. Admittedly, Haku has been extremely distracting and confusing because of his tangling himself into this conflict. Haku seems to have been roughly 50/50 flip-flopping on FG and T-Force, which would indicate to me a confused town, as opposed to a wolf trying to preemptively position himself advantageously.

It's time for bed now, but as you have probably divined, last phase's EoD is actually extremely dense with information. I think the key to nailing this phase lies in untangling FG/T-Force/Haku/Plop's clusterfuck during that time.

I'll do some heavier digging tomorrow, but remember that FFA/Ulli ended up as T/T. This makes the formation and dissipation of the T-Force wagon extremely valuable to explore. Wolves really have nothing to lose with a T/T wagon, especially on D0, so you should probably observe a lack of panic or drive from certain (wolf) players.

As soon as the T-Force wagon became a likely outcome, these certain players might have appeared more active or engaged, because they suddenly were tasked with defense. In particular, I think Plop fits this bill, with his "leaving the seat warm" on the FFA wagon, as if to siphon votes away from T-Force (and also possibly away from Ulli, in order to pile onto FFA as a way of risk management re: T-Force wagon).

This is partly for my records too, but I'm learning towards wolves in T-Force and Plop. Funnygurl voting for Plop and then onto Ulli is bizarre, and I see the interpretation that FG wanted to protect FFA in order to groom him as a pocket opportunity, but remember that the wolf team is just that-- a team. I don't see FG making such a maneuver on the fly for the sole purpose of optimizing her own long-term status. I'm more inclined to think that wolves would have some very basic notion of long-term objectives, and FG specifically being in the mindset of "well, I can pocket FFA later if I move my vote around!" isn't a likely explanation for that behavior, especially when you consider that in a CFD scenario, there are bigger fish to fry (and keep alive).

I'm inclined to take FG's explanations at face-value here. The wagons were clearly manifesting into FFA/Ulli, and from an intelligence perspective, town FG would stand to gain more by FFA being alive later on, instead of potentially being forced to resolve an unreadable Ulli.

With this in mind, Plop is very likely not a wolf partner with FG. I don't think they're T/T either. T-Force's EoD (and, honestly, D0) behavior is indeed passive, just as he said. But when EoD rolled around, he never really pushed in any direction. It felt like a lack of concern about the outcome--- because, as we know now, the wagons were T/T. It wasn't until T-Force himself came under fire that he started mobilizing more, specifically for self-defense. Plop, whether wittingly or not, threw T-Force a life preserver and distracted the rest of us from this conflict. If I remember correctly, Plop was directly talking to Haku when he made that post about "keeping the seat warm", which indicates to me that Haku/Plop are not W/W either.

These four characters form a system of equations that, in my opinion, give us AT LEAST 1 wolf, with the potential of UP TO 2 wolves. Current mindset is T-Force and Plop. I might be wrong on some details, so I definitely want to reread certain particular passages when I have a clear mind tomorrow.

I heavily encourage the rest of you to at least think of this phase in terms of a T-Force/FG dichotomy.

Shadow_God_10 11-25-2020 01:00 AM

Hmmm.... That's a good take DBP... and it's noted