Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149562)

inDheart 08-22-2018 08:31 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4642882)
Votes from post 5 to post 1208
It is night

---
Final vote count, if you see anything wrong about this, please tell me privately

lets just make it easy and actually look at the postcounts

Precarious 08-22-2018 08:31 PM

Just thought I'd point out that Blind isn't town.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4644077)
I think a post like this is pretty organic and comes from a good perspective.

The problem is, his overall performance is far, far from organic. No one seems to have really considered what I said yesterday, so I'll reiterate my case against Blind.

Yesterday, I made a series of posts when I got back, one of which included a suggestion by me that we didn't know how many wolves there are.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Precarious (Post 4643445)
But then this happens. It's extremely unlikely that anyone could possibly guess everyone from the dataless mess of D1—we can't even be sure of how many wolves there are for example.

Emphasis on we can't even be sure of how many wolves there are.

As several people (DBP at length, Freezin and Sun Fan a bit) alluded to—see #1722—this was incorrect. All T tables include three wolves. My confusion came from the fact the the mafiascum wiki table differed from the official game table. I was reading the former when I made that claim, which led to what DBP characterized as a dumbtell.

Blind claims that he hadn't read the long discussion about that when he commented on the post. But that's very hard to believe. You see, he reacted with extremely exaggerated concern

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4643514)
What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What.

likely trying to scope out an aggressive position on a topic (that he didn't actually understand) in order to simulate town cred.

The problem is, he immediately undercut his own reading. Not only did he misunderstand what had actually happened, but his reaction upon being caught showed that the excessive “What” post was fake.

Note the following:

My initial response:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Precarious (Post 4643518)
People have already gone over this. I looked at the link in the OP instead of the spoiler again and assumed that the different scum totals would carry over.

His response to that:

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4643522)
This is flimsy at best. Only the top 2 have one less wolf. (6 and 7 T's.) I get the chances, but I highly doubt we rolled that.

This is hilariously problematic. Blind makes the same mistake I did, obviously reading from the mafiascum tables. This would be funny on its own, calling out someone for a dumbtell, then making the same dumbtell. But it's more than that, because it reveals his reaction to my post was artificially constructed. There's no need to go “What what what...” or indeed to even react at all if this was his actually understanding of the situation. If he believed what he claimed here, then my initial statement (we don't know how many wolves there are) would have been mechanically valid, and there would have been no reason to jump on it because it was correct.

Instead, by jumping all over it, he commits to the idea that there's something wrong with it. But he very clearly, as demonstrated by the post above, doesn't understand what. Rather, he saw that other people, primarily DBP, had discussed it at length, and saw an opportunity to scope out unclaimed case ground rather than actually making a case. Not only does this speak to a lack of actual scumhunting—looking for a unique position rather than a position supported by evidence—it clashes directly with his claim that he hadn't read further on, and was simply reacting to my post. If that was the case, why the initial overreaction. After all, “I get the chances.”

This interpretation of Blind is borne out by his later responses.

First, I pointed out the obvious problem with his post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Precarious (Post 4643533)

You're kidding, right? They went on a whole tangent about it being a dumbtell, then you act like it a sudden brilliant discovery you made--and then you make the same dumbtell? There aren't variable mafia numbers. That was their point (I'll admit it took me longer than it should have to figure out what the problem was). The mafiascum link includes a T..TT..TTT etc. set-up with different wolf numbers, but that's not the case here (YoshL's T-rolls spoiler is different than the mafiascum page). There are three wolves in every configuration. The only question is whether or not there's a serial killer.

To those actually following the discussion—who had commented on it and understood what the dumbtell was—this remark made sense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4643536)
Lol blind

How embarressing

His initial reaction is to explain away his misreading as an immediate hot take to my initial post, although as I've demonstrated that's problematic because by his understanding there was nothing to react to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4643539)
Yeah, so i react to posts when i read them. I don't quote to use later and finish the thread and then write an entire novel to each of them.

It's weak, get over it.

Where Blind really undermines himself is in his reaction to Freezin's casual response.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4643540)
What is?

Blind doesn't understand what's embarrassing because he still doesn't realize that he committed the same dumbtell. He read into my statement what he wanted to read, missing the actual point—a point that was necessary to understand in order for his original post (What what what...) to make any sense at all.

Every single post he made in this sequence drives home the fact that he didn't understand what was wrong with what I said initially, which not only shows that his criticism of it was falsely constructed, but that his extreme reaction was as well. It would be one thing to make a passing remark regarding the "how many mafia" thing, another entirely to do what he did.

blindreper1179

FreezinIce 08-22-2018 08:34 PM

Oh so that's what you've been doing

Celirra 08-22-2018 08:39 PM

did the quotes and the argument not line up very well for anyone else?

YoshL 08-22-2018 08:42 PM

Votes from post 1861 to post 2164
Night in 26:19:03

---
  • Votes -- Lynch -- Voters
  • 1 -- Xiz -- the sun fan (60)
  • 1 -- inDheart -- FreezinIce (37)
  • 1 -- blindreper1179 -- Precarious (1)
  • 1 -- unvote -- Celirra (95)
  • 5 -- not voting -- blindreper1179 (17), Funnygurl555 (16), inDheart (30), Tps222 (5), Xiz (42)

blindreper1179 08-22-2018 08:46 PM

Sure, mass claiming sounds fun. Vt here for the 142577425785th time.

I didn't dumb tell on the wolf number pre, i was saying at 6/7, which i missed 5, would be 2 wolves IF we were using wiki, but we're not, and i doubt we rolled 6/7. 5 may be possible, but ehhhh.

You're wasting your time trying to construe my words honestly.

FreezinIce 08-22-2018 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4644590)
did the quotes and the argument not line up very well for anyone else?

I'm not parsing it very well.

I think he's saying that blind is faking not knowing about the dumbtell?

Celirra 08-22-2018 08:54 PM

why do blind and prec only exist when the other exists
zzzzz

blindreper1179 08-22-2018 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4644603)
why do blind and prec only exist when the other exists
zzzzz

Ummm. Did you not see me at day start? Have you not seen me through out the day? That was pres literal first post of the day.

And you talk about only using examples to push a motive... :eyeroll:

blindreper1179 08-22-2018 09:00 PM

So TTTRRK. So... we're missing one letter right?

blindreper1179 08-22-2018 09:01 PM

Or does vanilla not mean a T for certain?

the sun fan 08-22-2018 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4644616)
Or does vanilla not mean a T for certain?

It depends on what you're saying by this, but there is always at least 3 vanilla towns.

the sun fan 08-22-2018 09:05 PM

I hardclaim vt btw

Celirra 08-22-2018 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4644612)
Ummm. Did you not see me at day start? Have you not seen me through out the day? That was pres literal first post of the day.

And you talk about only using examples to push a motive... :eyeroll:

It's mostly just what first came to mind timing wise tbh
You're not wrong

blindreper1179 08-22-2018 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4644622)
It depends on what you're saying by this, but there is always at least 3 vanilla towns.

Im saying with the flips it's TTT. But if there is always 3 vts, then those could be moot for the role queue.

Celirra 08-22-2018 09:07 PM

I am the ideal ice cream flavour eh

blindreper1179 08-22-2018 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4644630)
I am the ideal ice cream flavour eh

You're superman?

Celirra 08-22-2018 09:09 PM

i didn't know people actually liked superman flavoured ice cream

my mind is blowing

Precarious 08-22-2018 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4644593)
Sure, mass claiming sounds fun. Vt here for the 142577425785th time.

I didn't dumb tell on the wolf number pre, i was saying at 6/7, which i missed 5, would be 2 wolves IF we were using wiki, but we're not, and i doubt we rolled 6/7. 5 may be possible, but ehhhh.

You quoted me as follows:

Originally Posted by Precarious View Post
we can't even be sure of how many wolves there are for example.

and responded with

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4643514)
What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What.

48 Whats suggests you found something really, really objectionable about that statement. And yet you couldn't identify what was obviously wrong about it, as I've pointed out, repeatedly. Probably to the point that people are getting tired of reading it.

If I'm correctly interpreting your word salad above, you're now trying to argue that you knew we weren't using the wiki, yet felt the need to criticize me even though you knew I thought that? That's not terribly believable.

Quote:

lol that Freudian slip

blindreper1179 08-22-2018 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Precarious (Post 4644636)
You quoted me as follows:

we can't even be sure of how many wolves there are for example.

and responded with

48 Whats suggests you found something really, really objectionable about that statement. And yet you couldn't identify what was obviously wrong about it, as I've pointed out, repeatedly. Probably to the point that people are getting tired of reading it.

If I'm correctly interpreting your word salad above, you're now trying to argue that you knew we weren't using the wiki, yet felt the need to criticize me even though you knew I thought that? That's not terribly believable.

lol that Freudian slip

Idk what freudian is, but yoshl made it VERY clear that the T roles were updated in OP. Yet you went to the wiki. Not my fault you don't pay attention. You're still wasting your time, and i'm done wasting my time. Try to find anything else if i'm such a wolf bro, come get me. Otherwise, write your pre meditated novels about someone else.

Precarious 08-22-2018 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4644594)
I'm not parsing it very well.

I think he's saying that blind is faking not knowing about the dumbtell?

What I'm saying is that Blind reacted extremely harshly to the original statement, a minor mechanical elaboration in the middle of a much larger post. That's fine on its own, even if it feels unwarranted.

But virtually every subsequent reaction Blind had with me yesterday hammered home the idea that he didn't understand what the problem was with my post, which calls into question the sincerity of his criticism. He also argues that he never read the discussion concerning the post (mostly by DBP), having reacted immediately to it after seeing it. Yet if he didn't understand what was wrong with it, how could he have found reason to attack it if he hadn't read everyone else's commentary on the subject? This is particularly true since my own initial reaction post, which he quoted, made note that said discussion existed.

blindreper1179 08-22-2018 09:17 PM

Let it be clear i say things how i say things for a reason. I literally got mislynched last game because of it. Im not stupid. I've never slipped as a wolf or as a blue.

blindreper1179 08-22-2018 09:19 PM

Hot cake: pre still a wolf.

the sun fan 08-22-2018 09:19 PM

Precarious I'm gonna have to level with you
I'm not lynching blind without the same stuff that I mentioned earlier about funnygurl

I do think that you're slightly missing what happened, I really don't think that blind was openly criticizing you without knowing what he was saying, that's not really a blindreper thing to do just as a person in my experience.

He probably did know what he was talking about when he posted what that many times imo.

the sun fan 08-22-2018 09:20 PM

my vote begins to feel more and more confortable on Xiz btw

Xiz 08-22-2018 09:28 PM

hey guys

the sun fan 08-22-2018 09:30 PM

massclaim:
freezin- Vengeful
sunfan- vt
cel- vt
blind- vt
inD-
Xiz-
Precarious-
Tps-
fg-

flipped roles:
Gradiant- vt
Syhto- vt
who_cares- vt
DBP- Gunsmith

current setup:
Vengeful, Gunsmith...
KRRxxxx

assuming no additional roles:
KRRTTTT

TTTT = Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon, Mafia JOAT, Serial Killer

Xiz 08-22-2018 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4644431)
last minute arrival, seat of pants, first several posts were meta-posting about not being able to post or otherwise

comment to me implied you were actually reading but it took me saying i'd vote you to get you to say it

this wasn't directed at you but okay

Celirra 08-22-2018 09:33 PM

i dont like how prec didnt claim

Xiz 08-22-2018 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4644432)
if i throw you into that freezin/funny group too, that's like the only way wolves would be doing literally anything

any other outcome is town eating itself alive, which isn't impossible, but lynching lurkers doesn't feel good at 9, but at least it's 9 and not f7

if ya wanna lynch lurkers then who

Xiz 08-22-2018 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4644479)
the original goal was page 293 but then xiz isn't shitposting like i hoped he would and charu and haku arent here to apply a multiplier to the post count

wait what was the bait

Xiz 08-22-2018 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4644534)
c o n v e n i e n t

cel

Celirra 08-22-2018 09:41 PM

convenient vote

Xiz 08-22-2018 09:41 PM

i think im down for the massclaim as well

Celirra 08-22-2018 09:42 PM

convenient cognitive dissonance for a non mvp wolf, fg should've been lynched d0 again and i think this game needs more posts, then whatever would bug the rest of the cast

Celirra 08-22-2018 09:47 PM

eod is in 25h right

Xiz 08-22-2018 09:47 PM

actually no nvm i like that convenient cell i take that back

also unvote

blindreper1179 08-22-2018 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4644707)
i think im down for the massclaim as well

kinda late bro. Fess up your role then.

Xiz 08-22-2018 09:47 PM

vt here

Xiz 08-22-2018 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4644720)
kinda late bro. Fess up your role then.

yeah i realized that after you and i think greg went for it lol

Celirra 08-22-2018 10:09 PM

i might be very drunk tomorrow if i decide i dont mind being hung over for work on friday

blindreper1179 08-22-2018 10:32 PM

If you drink, I'll drink and we can strip for each other on cam.

Celirra 08-22-2018 10:35 PM

oh

inDheart 08-22-2018 10:40 PM

sry i zoned

am vt

i did make my "if i die" post hoping it'd bait a nk tho based off having vaguely mechanical-looking info there

Precarious 08-22-2018 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4644644)
Try to find anything else if i'm such a wolf bro, come get me.

As you wish.

On D1, Blind basically did nothing. This is somewhat excusable, given his stated work on a film, so it's not really a black mark against him imo. But at the same time, it's also nothing that attests to any towny likeliness. It's just a NAI void.

On D2, Blind brought this up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4643092)
Even though gradiant was vanilla, i feel we should lynch in his pool, and by that i mean the people who voted for him and the people he said we should look into.

N.B.: The Gradiant list is the group of players suspected as possible wolves in his last testament, namely DBP, Sun Fan, inD, and Funny. It also includes the players who voted for Gradiant, but all Gradiant voters were already on his list.

I'll start by noting that this conveniently creates a pool which doesn't include Blind, thereby exonerating him of all lynch risk on D2. But that doesn't mean it's not a valid suggestion. However, Cel immediately hopped on another Blind inconsistency.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4643093)
And that's why you voted me right

This was due to his vote on Cel slightly earlier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4642960)
celery

Blind's response was of course to dismiss any possible significance of the behavioral inconsistency.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4643094)
No. That was mostly a i don't like your vibe. But I'll be changing, don't worry.

I didn't like this yesterday either; Blind crafted a conveniently self-serving strategy, even though his own behavior didn't affirm it. This is even further borne out by his absurd evaluation of the Gradiant list.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4643107)
Im agreeing with you on dbp. Although his push towards gradiant had a good theory, i think he put too much into it.
Fg just says she's wolf, ok bye no matter what. And everything she's said is blah.
InD and yourself know what and when to say it, so i'd have to iso you guys for a more confident answer. But right now i'd go wolf, but i don't necessarily see you guys on the same team. Killing one gives the other imo.

According to Blind, DBP is a wolf (oops), Funny is a wolf, and at least one of inD and Sun is a wolf. Setting aside the extreme unlikeliness of Gradiant's pool being so perfect, that's 3+ wolves. Why was he voting Cel again?

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4643206)
You had one reason to lynch gradiant, but you didn't give reasons not to. You took one thing you didn't like and went gung ho on him.

This was apparently his reason for suspecting DBP. Which is, as he might put it, flimsy. This isn't much of a problem, merely an overzealous reading on his part. In isolation, I might even read this particular post as towny. But as part of a scheme to wolfread an entire bloc? It feels constructed.

This is even more the case when one considers that Blind's immediately previous post described DBP's case against Gradiant as a "good theory." I guess happening to be wrong in spite of a good theory is enough to assume someone's wolfiness in Blind's eyes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4643150)
In b4 wolf team is precarious/blind/tps actually lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4643208)
You can at most be right on two of those.

Xiz throws out a joke post about low activity posters and Blind immediately feels the need to distance himself. He has no capacity to shrug it off as a joke; neither does he exhibit any willingness to actually consider myself or Tps as wolves. It's just "get away from me, I'm not a wolf!"

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4643156)
Everything coming out of xiz is registering as white noise

? ? ? ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4643209)
Mostly. It's like he's that porn channel you tried to watch as a kid and sometimes you'd see something relevant like a boob but most of it was static.

Here, he immediately turns on Xiz. This is relevant for multiple reasons.

1. Xiz had been pushing Blind, calling into question his DBP scumread, and lightly speculating about a Blind-included wolf team. This is vaguely OMGUS, especially since

2. He neither came up with the read on his own, nor contributed anything to it. Freezin makes an observation that Xiz has been forgettable, so Blind immediately latches on.

3. Whether or not this qualifies as full on suspicion of Xiz, it comes after having fully numbered his wolves (convenient) in the Gradiant pool--while still having his vote on Cel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4643210)
Self meta self meta self meta self meta

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4643211)
If you think tps did the kill, what is the reasoning? Pr hunting? Safe kill? Fear kill?

Here, he calls out Sun for self meta reading. This is valid, and of course Sun is in the Gradiant group, so this at least is internally consistent. But it still feels scattershot. Rather than scumhunting, he's grasping at every straw he can find, without analyzing, interpreting, or even value-assigning.

In fairness, though, his next post did stay on Sun Fan, pressuring him for information, which is internally consistent with building a case (or at the least suspecting) Sun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4643243)
I gave you time, but this is wolf posting 101 without any posting afterwords.

Directed at me. Reasonable given my absence at the time, honestly. I don't like the "I" divorced from the greater group though.

...Oh wait, he's just echoing someone else's read again. 24 minutes (and only one intervening post) before his post:

Okay, I'm free from my real life obligation now. Catching up.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4643231)
congrats

Funnygurl had already made the observation; Blind once again sheeps someone else's work. But maybe that's unfair; it's not his fault I was taking a lot of time to catch up, nor his fault that someone else had pointed that out. However, when it clashes with his pre-arranged reads, his scam gets scrambled. When inD pursued this point, this happened:

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4643251)
hey blind who are prec's partners

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4643256)
DBP and ????

So, it's me, DBP, and ??? Great, I guess he'll be voting DBP then, since they were in the Gradiant group.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4643264)
the sun fan

Never mind then. The thing is, he could have easily included Sun in his previous read, replacing the ??? gap, and no one would have called him on it. But he didn't--and there was only one intervening post between Prec/DBP/??? and the Sun vote. In fairness, that post was by Sun, which might have swayed Blind's vote--but why not include Sun previously? He was already pressuring him and already wolfreading him. Why not include him, unless he had forgotten about him somehow? And indeed, why had he waited all these hours to change his vote, when he had been wolfreading lots of people all day?

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4643267)
I understand you're not sure whether to place people here or there. But the iteration of it in the thread seems like drilling. I don't like it.

He stays on Sun. This is about the only strand of consistency to his thought on D2 to this point--but that it exists at all is a good thing. Although I'm not quite sure what he means by drilling--maybe tunneling? Although that doesn't really make sense in the context of that sentence...

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4643268)
...what?

Neither does Sun, I guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4643270)
it·er·a·tion
ˌidəˈrāSH(ə)n/Submit
noun
the repetition of a process or utterance.

drill1
dril/Submit
verb
cause (someone) to learn something by repeating it regularly.

Oh, come the fuck on dude. You're the last person who should be complaining about people not following what you're saying, Mr. I-don't-know-what-a-Freudian-slip-is-and-I-can't-be-bothered-to-Google;-also-I-don't-read-long-posts-but-comment-on-them-anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4643297)
Cluttering the thread. Remaking a point we already get. Not developing. Provides a false presence.

Remaking a point? Providing a false presence?

Um, projection much?

After that, he has one bit of banter with DBP...and then the What What What... comes. I'm not going to rehash that here, but refer to about half my posts if you've forgotten!

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4643528)
Can you not. Actually do something instead of saying

"I'm a wolf lululululul TREVOR haha"

"Gais, i'm not wolf don't kill me ='("

Be relevant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4643532)
funny

/not

This is fine, actually. Wondering where his commentary on FG, who he had wolfread way, way earlier, was all day though.

After this, he was mostly absorbed in discussions with me regarding our Thunderdome. I'd forgive him for that if that whole sequence hadn't been wolfier than Remus Lupin on the full moon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4643689)
Copy and pasted from wolf chat-?

Directed at DBP. He's been mostly consistent with his Gradiant list reads, so why hasn't he pushed that theory again? He then votes DBP after the latter claims to "use big words sometimes"--I guess that was the dealbreaker?

And that's Blind's D2.

Why are people town reading him again?

inDheart 08-22-2018 10:54 PM

ok so like, when blind said this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4643522)
This is flimsy at best. Only the top 2 have one less wolf. (6 and 7 T's.) I get the chances, but I highly doubt we rolled that.

i thought he was saying 6 or 7 Ts was low% enough that it wasn't worth considering, and that's why i went and ran the numbers

idk when i read his posts i think there's space for him to think the MS original setup is in play, but also think you're saying something useless, prec

inDheart 08-22-2018 10:56 PM

that isn't supposed to be a town case, in response to your question, i'm just ??? on this bit

blindreper1179 08-22-2018 10:59 PM

well well well, I actually didn't expect that. Well done.

You're still wrong though.

blindreper1179 08-22-2018 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4644781)
ok so like, when blind said this:

i thought he was saying 6 or 7 Ts was low% enough that it wasn't worth considering, and that's why i went and ran the numbers

idk when i read his posts i think there's space for him to think the MS original setup is in play, but also think you're saying something useless, prec

This is what I did mean. I was saying that even if we were using the wiki. 6/7 T's were very slim of being used, so it'd be safe to assume 3 wolves. Like I said, he's taking what I said and flipping things around and using them to his advantage. He keeps thinking I've done some sort of slip, but I haven't....

Precarious 08-22-2018 11:08 PM

Per the massclaim, I claim VT.

Funnygurl555 08-22-2018 11:12 PM

oh a massclaim

vt

the sun fan 08-22-2018 11:22 PM

massclaim:
freezin- Vengeful
sunfan- vt
cel- vt
blind- vt
inD- vt
Xiz- vt
Precarious- vt
Tps-
fg- vt

flipped roles:
Gradiant- vt
Syhto- vt
who_cares- vt
DBP- Gunsmith

current setup:
Vengeful, Gunsmith...
KRRTTTx

assuming no additional roles:
KRRTTTT

TTTT = Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon, Mafia JOAT, Serial Killer

the sun fan 08-22-2018 11:23 PM

and now we wait on TPS

Funnygurl555 08-22-2018 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4644329)
@Funny:

But that was one of my arguments against you with sunfan homie, back when you were convinced that sunfan was a misslynch directed in both of those other scenarios. now ya using that against me like that? big :thinking:

what goes around comes around

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4644330)
It felt really, really out of place from your reads. Can you talk about why you swapped again? Because if you actually had a legit reason i missed that completely

I swapped because w_c was just sitting there watching the EOD happen. He was clearly there because he was posting. It was shady, man.

Funnygurl555 08-22-2018 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4644337)

U SURE BUDDY lol

i love the thinking emoji this made me lol

the sun fan 08-22-2018 11:32 PM

Precarious I feel like someone owes you a fuller response to that post so I'll try to do that tomorrow, purely from my POV though

Funnygurl555 08-22-2018 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4644351)
There arent enough z's in the alphabet

LOLOLOLOLOL

Funnygurl555 08-22-2018 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4644479)
the original goal was page 293 but then xiz isn't shitposting like i hoped he would and charu and haku arent here to apply a multiplier to the post count

LOLOLOL

did celery all of a sudden acquire a wolf slot

Funnygurl555 08-22-2018 11:51 PM

i got nothing else to add here

precarious drilling into blind like this looks town. i mean i disagree w/ it because blind's pretty townie to me, but still.

Precarious 08-22-2018 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4644836)
precarious drilling into blind like this looks town. i mean i disagree w/ it because blind's pretty townie to me, but still.

People keep saying this. Can someone please enlighten me as to why? Because if you couldn't tell from the post above, I don't agree.

Funnygurl555 08-23-2018 12:09 AM

so let's think from the perspective that you're wolf

if you're drilling this hard, then blind's probably town

you're expending a lot of effort creating a case on someone who from multiple people's opinions has been pretty town. that's hard

also what happens if blind does die and flips?

Precarious 08-23-2018 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4644843)
so let's think from the perspective that you're wolf

if you're drilling this hard, then blind's probably town

you're expending a lot of effort creating a case on someone who from multiple people's opinions has been pretty town. that's hard

also what happens if blind does die and flips?

I'm not talking about why you think I'm town. I'm talking about why you think Blind is town. Like, I get that people see this game as opposed to his wolf meta. That been stated pretty explicitly a couple times. But setting aside meta (which I think is overrated), what else is there? I went through his whole game, and aside from a post here and there I liked, it was just a self-serving mix of scattershot and self-serving observations.

Funnygurl555 08-23-2018 12:13 AM

i see townie pov. i don't have a firm enough grasp on blind's playstyle to make a meta argument here.

YoshL 08-23-2018 01:06 AM

Votes from post 1861 to post 2223
Night in 21:54:12

---
  • Votes -- Lynch -- Voters
  • 1 -- inDheart -- FreezinIce (38)
  • 1 -- blindreper1179 -- Precarious (7)
  • 1 -- Xiz -- the sun fan (68)
  • 2 -- unvote -- Celirra (105), Xiz (51)
  • 4 -- not voting -- blindreper1179 (30), Funnygurl555 (24), inDheart (33), Tps222 (5)

Celirra 08-23-2018 10:03 AM

when game

Funnygurl555 08-23-2018 10:16 AM

whuddup

Celirra 08-23-2018 10:18 AM

How long do we wait for tps to actually do anything before we just assume one way or the other

Celirra 08-23-2018 10:19 AM

Does ind/xiz/fg work
(This is poe)

Funnygurl555 08-23-2018 10:20 AM

i wanna kill xiz or maybe ind idk i didnt look at ind

Celirra 08-23-2018 10:24 AM

fg who's your top 3? You only gave 2 (two) there

Celirra 08-23-2018 10:27 AM

zzzzzzzzzzz

Funnygurl555 08-23-2018 10:43 AM

3rd is u my dude

Funnygurl555 08-23-2018 10:43 AM

MORNING SUNFAN

Celirra 08-23-2018 10:50 AM

🤔🤔

Funnygurl555 08-23-2018 11:07 AM

it's so lonely here it's like People have Lives

Celirra 08-23-2018 11:11 AM

What's it like being social/productive/having fun/enjoying your life

blindreper1179 08-23-2018 11:16 AM

You're powered up, get in there.

the sun fan 08-23-2018 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4644922)
How long do we wait for tps to actually do anything before we just assume one way or the other

I have a plan for the different scenarios, I think

the sun fan 08-23-2018 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4644931)
MORNING SUNFAN

SUP

the sun fan 08-23-2018 12:18 PM

so, as celery pointed out, there is a potential problem with the massclaim is TPS doesn't participate, so there's a few different things that can happen

TPS hits 10 contentful posts (I don't know where the bar is but there's no way its higher than this given blind and precarious were in the teens on d1 but didn't get the message TPS got) but never claims his role:
Lynch him. No reason for him to be the sole holdout here when it could mean the life of a blue, and we can't let a wolf get away with denying town that info.

----------------------------------------

TPS hits 10 contentful posts, claims his role. We resolve as necessary. We probably just have a normal phase if this happens.

----------------------------------------

TPS doesn't post any more, we expect him to be modkilled, so we lynch Freezin. There's no way to verify whether or not Freezin is telling the truth for sure if we are missing a piece, but it doesn't matter too much if TPS is getting modkilled anyway, and here's why.

Currently 9 alive, 6 town and 3 wolves looks like the most likely scenario by far.
9 alive: tps is modkilled, freezin is lynched (The modkill happens before Freezin shoots assuming he is the vengeful)
tps could be a wolf, freezin could also be a wolf (a lot less likely), and if freezin is a vengeful like he says he is, then town gets a shot at killing a wolf with his ChAoS sHoT.

What is beneath is the worst possible scenario where town can continue onwards.

If Tps is town, freezin is vengeful, then we're at 7 (4 town 3 wolves) alive, and freezin has to both shoot (he can apparently choose not to) and hit a wolf in order for the game to continue, which brings us to 6 alive, then the wolves kill a town bringing us to 5 (3 town 2 wolves), which is still workable, just not ideal.

The only scenario where town outright loses is one where TPS is town, Freezin is Vanilla Town and made a stupid play, and then town loses when the wolves make a nightkill, but this doesn't seem too likely given how early freezin was softing.