Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   League of Legends [v2] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=132864)

Razor 07-24-2014 04:06 PM

Re: League of Legends [v2]

goddamn is it me or has this game gotten incredibly boring after getting diamond

nobody fuckin cares if you're D5, D3 or D1 and the grind up the ladder is boring af (especially with reduced LP gain starting in II and getting worse in I)

seems like it's time to move onnnnnn

MinaciousGrace 07-24-2014 09:18 PM

why do you think i spend a week getting diamond at the start of every season and then proceed to not give a fuck about ranked until the next season

really there are 2 seasons for playing ranked, the first is to have "good games"- being defined as games with similarly skilled players with similar dedications to winning that result in similar probabilities in winning in which a single excellent play by a single player can tip the game in one direction or the other. at least this is my definition of a good game if your definition of a good game is making a level 1 smurf and going 60-0-0 as ap ashe then i guess u might disagree with my assessment. anyway ideally the mmr system achieves this parity for all players in a short amount if time but in practice because of how pick/ban works how specialization in upper brackets (i mean i guess you can be a support main in silver and your relative strength at the role would be greater than the others but i would argue that compared to your extremely deficient capacity to understand and play the game your relative strengths between roles is entirely irrelevant) work and just generally how long it takes mmr systems to properly place you most ranked games are complete garbage (being defined as having no properties of good games).

the second is for your skill to be acknowledged, but as you have realized nobody within your bracket will ever recognize your skill (your bracket being defined here as +-100-200 mmr depending on how high you are) because of that fact that they are in your bracket nearly every player thinks they are better than their bracket and should be in a higher one, as a result rather than viewing you as their peer they view you as nub garbage omg my team sucks how do i lose to this trash. this holds true for most brackets below challenger/high d1 because as a general rule for a good player to accept another good player it requires repeat strong performances and you just dont get that below the top end mmr brackets. even then most exceptionally skilled players consider basically everyone else to be trash. also everyone considerably below your skill bracket while they might be able to see that you are diamond and they are gold they lack the experience and ability to understand what that means and why it is the case and what the difference between a p5 p1 d5 d1 700lp challenger player is (much like how a d3 ffr player wouldnt be able to tell the difference between d6/d7/800 lp d8 ffr players beyond the fact that they have better scores on song with higher difficulties)

anyway tl;dr i have way more fun playing serious games at high mmr aram than i ever had playing serious games on sr

L.B.D.D 07-24-2014 10:28 PM

hello friends.

i miss arab in dominion

ReikonKeiri 07-24-2014 11:38 PM

i decayed to gold. dont care in the slightest.

lumphoboextreme 07-25-2014 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor (Post 4170367)
goddamn is it me or has this game gotten incredibly boring after getting diamond

nobody fuckin cares if you're D5, D3 or D1 and the grind up the ladder is boring af (especially with reduced LP gain starting in II and getting worse in I)

seems like it's time to move onnnnnn

lol u could decay to gold like me then have to get back to diamond all over again. i still have a long way to go and it's kept me busy for almost 2 weeks.

MinaciousGrace 07-27-2014 06:19 PM

bumping to say col vs dig worst game of the split literally the only league game i've ever seen where i'd argue that both teams should be given a loss

sjoecool1991 07-28-2014 09:03 AM

I can't be the only one here who tried playing ranked (I registered for lol pre-season 4) and hated the experience, then decided I have no desire whatsoever in climbing a ladder.

I play only normal draft and teambuilder, and I have a lot of fun doing it.

intensez 07-28-2014 06:36 PM

grinding in general is too boring on this game.. even with changes to lp gains/losses and the mmr system a few patches ago i still can't tolerate playing 10+ games just to get into a new division. if you want to talk MINIMUM games id say 6/7 with ridiculous mmr

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor (Post 4169801)
was watching the rebroadcast until some fuck ruined the outcome over skype

PISSED

Xiz 07-31-2014 02:02 AM

So freak is streaming stepmania right now. He is like low d1 and people are fucking flipping saying how much of a god he is at stepmania.

I'm cringing so hard

stargroup100 07-31-2014 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4174656)
So freak is streaming stepmania right now. He is like low d1 and people are fucking flipping saying how much of a god he is at stepmania.

I'm cringing so hard

do you expect anything else lol

this is exactly why rhythm games and their communities makes me sad. it's been like 15 years and nobody has bothered to make a decent game that can hit the mainstream

cue nerd rage

MinaciousGrace 07-31-2014 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4174656)

I'm cringing so hard

freaks entire existence is just one long cringe

Razor 08-4-2014 10:13 PM

i thought riot made this video, but dam it's p hype despite some of the misspelled names

lez go LMQ baby

hi19hi19 08-4-2014 10:44 PM

All my IRL friends stopped playing League so all I've been doing is playing bot games as Ashe. 5% CDR from masteries then build CDR boots and two of Brutalizer, Stinger, Elder Lizard, or Essence Raper then you have 40% CDR and just shoot really low % yolo arrows all game and farm side lanes until your team wins 4v5, if anything comes to your lane kite it with 2.4 second W.

idk why but it's basically the most fun I've had in league rofl

Theoretically it would be good practice for hitting globals except for the fact bots act really stupid and don't run/position like human players do so it's basically not even good practice, I just like shooting Ashe arrows.

_Zenith_ 08-5-2014 04:24 PM

Just got this :D I think that's my second Yi penta.

Attack Speed > Damage Yi = Penta apparently haha

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegen...39265/40832518

danny53x 08-7-2014 07:43 AM

These are the champs I'm most comfortable with. Any recommendations on another champ I should practice similar to these. I don't really know why it's these, but it's just the way the game is right now. (I think Irelia, WW, Lulu are my most go-to champs in that order)

TWG Cruella De Vil 08-8-2014 12:56 AM

play jayce

_Zenith_ 08-8-2014 01:09 AM

Play the new meta, go ADC top lane. Every time I've been in a game that it has happened, they've won indefinitely. That ranged power.

danny53x 08-8-2014 01:54 AM

At what elo? Whenever I top against ADCs I get all excited because it's easy kills with a little jungle pressure

_Zenith_ 08-8-2014 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danny53x (Post 4179369)
At what elo? Whenever I top against ADCs I get all excited because it's easy kills with a little jungle pressure

Oh I don't play Ranked anymore, but whenever I do normals I'm always against Gold/Plat and a few diamonds pop up. It literally just started happening when Team Builder released those icons.

Ranked ≠ Fun

Deidara837 08-8-2014 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4179370)
Oh I don't play Ranked anymore, but whenever I do normals I'm always against Gold/Plat and a few diamonds pop up. It literally just started happening when Team Builder released those icons.

Ranked ≠ Fun

People in ranked are mentally challenged, I swear. Normal draft runs 10x better, and everyone always has a high rank, except lil ol' me (but I still do great)

Drdom888 08-8-2014 11:40 AM

I don't even play normals,coop vs ai more fun for me unless you play it constantly in which case you learn the cpu's battle patterns and then you move to normals :/
I can't play SR because my computer is a piece of shit so :/

_Zenith_ 08-8-2014 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drdom888 (Post 4179584)
I don't even play normals,coop vs ai more fun for me unless you play it constantly in which case you learn the cpu's battle patterns and then you move to normals :/
I can't play SR because my computer is a piece of shit so :/

My old laptop couldn't handle it either but I'm a natural 3s or Dominion or ARAM player anyways so I always had those to play.

@Dei, People in ranked are good and bad but that doesn't matter to me. If you took this game seriously enough that you got mad at someone for lack of map awareness you should be banned automatically. I like to keep the game fun for everyone, but people's attitudes lately have been absolute crap.

Deidara837 08-8-2014 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4179881)
My old laptop couldn't handle it either but I'm a natural 3s or Dominion or ARAM player anyways so I always had those to play.

@Dei, People in ranked are good and bad but that doesn't matter to me. If you took this game seriously enough that you got mad at someone for lack of map awareness you should be banned automatically. I like to keep the game fun for everyone, but people's attitudes lately have been absolute crap.

I don't get involved in chat for anything other than gameplay relevant communication, otherwise it's a trap. If they lack map awareness I simply suggest that they get a couple wards. It's more along the lines of two random people on my team griefing and raging that plagues ranked, loses games, and destroys enjoyment. There are times when I'd like to dole out bans, but the Tribunal hasn't been up for ages. Pretty much the only times I get on League anymore are when I can get 4 of my friends on Skype.

_Zenith_ 08-8-2014 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deidara837 (Post 4179916)
I don't get involved in chat for anything other than gameplay relevant communication, otherwise it's a trap. If they lack map awareness I simply suggest that they get a couple wards. It's more along the lines of two random people on my team griefing and raging that plagues ranked, loses games, and destroys enjoyment. There are times when I'd like to dole out bans, but the Tribunal hasn't been up for ages. Pretty much the only times I get on League anymore are when I can get 4 of my friends on Skype.

Exactly! I actually turned all chat off because I couldn't stand trolls, but then my teammates would troll me :p

When I first started I had a ton of friends add me and invite me, but now nobody likes me, and I always play solo haha

L.B.D.D 08-9-2014 02:59 AM

i rarely play games anymore because of my bad internet but i met masuat today in aram

good games

Drdom888 08-12-2014 06:35 PM

So about 2 days ago I realized I can play SR if I am running literally NOTHING else on my computer or I crash out. I had a paused youtube video with no other windows or tabs today and crashed. :/ Zenith I like you :D

MinaciousGrace 08-16-2014 09:09 AM

holy fuck kta vs blue game 5 HYYYYYYYYPUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Razor 08-16-2014 04:40 PM

kakao stealing arrow's penta

soTroll

iluswirl 08-16-2014 04:51 PM

Drunk arams best arams

Razor 08-19-2014 04:38 AM

sporting hot new sig thanks to this kewl website (yes it generates the border for you, cool huh)

http://sigs.lolisrael.co.il/#

stargroup100 08-19-2014 08:22 AM

ladies and gentlemen lesson time

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4179342)
Play the new meta, go ADC top lane. Every time I've been in a game that it has happened, they've won indefinitely. That ranged power.

^ this is what we like to call a cheese strategy. they can easily abuse advantages if people don't know the simple hard counters

Quote:

Originally Posted by danny53x (Post 4179369)

^ this is that counter to that particular cheese strategy, and why this player doesn't have problems against it, while the player above does

the moral of the lesson is rainbows are fictional

_Zenith_ 08-19-2014 11:15 AM

I literally have no desire to learn anything new about League anymore, especially anything to do with Ranked. I've had many problems in the past and now I'm only trying to make it as fun as I can, and THIS is why I like to play solo :)

xAlphaWolf 08-19-2014 11:39 AM

opdesu

stargroup100 08-21-2014 09:08 PM

never have I ever consistently had such shit teammates in aram

I just finished a game where this guy went ap ww against sivir/kayle/lux/veigar and wanted me, the kogmaw, to go tankier, and THEN retaliated when I called him stupid

Razor 08-25-2014 07:19 PM

i'm mad that the skin will be Victorious Morgana this year

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

as if that champion wasn't cancerous to play and/or against as

but Diamond border soon, yay

Xiz 08-25-2014 07:24 PM

guess i wont be diamond this season lol

stuck in shitty plat

Untimely Friction 08-25-2014 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4188709)
guess i wont be diamond this season lol

stuck in shitty plat

if it's shitty plat and you're stuck, learn why and how you can do better to bolster the odds. you've got the mentality and with the right plays and consistency diamond is not a far cry. keep husstlin bro

_Zenith_ 08-25-2014 08:51 PM

So the only difference in rewards for Gold+ is the tier-appropriate Summoner Icon, Season Icon when Inviting, Profile Banner, and Loading Screen Border

I hit Gold, I'm fine with just staying gold. Anyone can be Diamond if they can adapt to the situation and more critical thinking, unless you're superb at one role and have an 80%+ Win Rate with that role :P

Still don't get the *hype* of Ranked

Untimely Friction 08-25-2014 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4188760)
So the only difference in rewards for Gold+ is the tier-appropriate Summoner Icon, Season Icon when Inviting, Profile Banner, and Loading Screen Border

I hit Gold, I'm fine with just staying gold. Anyone can be Diamond if they can adapt to the situation and more critical thinking, unless you're superb at one role and have an 80%+ Win Rate with that role :P

The hype gets kinda real at d1 90+ lp

MinaciousGrace 08-25-2014 08:57 PM

Quote:

Anyone can be Diamond if they can adapt to the situation and more critical thinking

anyone can be an olypmic athlete if they were able to be an olympic athlete

anyone can be the next einstein if they were smart enough to be the next einstein

etc etc

krunkykai22 08-26-2014 09:20 PM

Just came in here to say I never knew how strong Maokai Jungle was til the past 2 Ranked games when I was forced to go jungle Mao instead of top lane Mao... In my series to get to Silver III now thanks to these last 2 matchs :)

EDIT: I like posting the actual URL for the Match History now, it shows more statistics :)

Razor 08-27-2014 01:18 AM

Quote:

62% win rate @ Diamond with strictly bot lane in ranked (supp and adc)

fux wid it

darklordsarumon9 08-30-2014 06:48 PM

LMQ x TSM

holy shit

darklordsarumon9 08-30-2014 06:52 PM

Dyrus in game 5

Xiz 08-30-2014 11:50 PM

that faker baron steal omg

Xiz 08-30-2014 11:52 PM

nvm that throw

Coolboyrulez0 08-31-2014 05:31 AM

what a series (tsm vs lmq)

really happy with the outcome

Xiz 08-31-2014 01:19 PM

_Zenith_ 08-31-2014 06:14 PM

I don't watch the lcs (don't have the time to) but damn

gif op

phe0nixblade 09-1-2014 06:21 PM

Tsm hype
tsm hype
tsm hype
tsm hype

phe0nixblade 09-1-2014 06:22 PM

cant do caps fuck it

phe0nixblade 09-1-2014 07:13 PM

Woooooo tsm

Litodude 09-1-2014 10:25 PM

anyone wanna play on my account on ranked 5s so i can get rewards pm me i'll give u $50

Litodude 09-1-2014 10:26 PM

wait how many games is that, i have 8 wins in ranked5s currently

Razor 09-1-2014 11:35 PM

it's 2, you need to win 10 on a team to get them

also PROJECT: Yasuo is so sick, i love this skin

Litodude 09-1-2014 11:56 PM

what only 2?

ok then $25 ONLY

Litodude 09-2-2014 03:38 PM

wait nvm i thought you needed the 75 points to get the victorious skin, fuck a ward

nolimits112 09-5-2014 08:44 AM

Anyone here on EUW?

Summoner Name: ObviouslySansom
Level: 30
Role: Support/ADC

_Zenith_ 09-5-2014 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor (Post 4192388)
also PROJECT: Yasuo is so sick, i love this skin

Sick of seeing it already.

Yes, it's badass, but seriously, overplayed to the maximum. Haven't been in a game yet where there HASN'T been one :P

Tarrik 09-6-2014 12:25 PM

Gone up about 40 wins in a month. Drunk aram set me far behind. 1 death from turret because 6k gold lol.

Razor 09-7-2014 05:05 AM

i had to lane against an ex-challenger (now D1 100 LP) player lol

damn he tore my ass up as ap ezreal after i misplayed against him during a level 3 all in as swain (ignited after my E wore off)

but we still won cuz i fed off his trash bot lane

NFD 09-14-2014 08:04 PM

i'm plat again

danny53x 09-15-2014 05:43 AM

Grats NFD!

Here's what Yotipo's been up to

Tokei 09-15-2014 08:40 AM

Had the pleasure of playing with Gbay99 today

I had a ministroke when I got into champ select

Elite Ninja 09-19-2014 12:50 AM

First game as Akali... and I get my first Penta kill :3

L.B.D.D 09-19-2014 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokei (Post 4200884)
Had the pleasure of playing with Gbay99 today

GayBay99

cbr eric where are you i miss you

@coolboyrulez0

Coolboyrulez0 09-19-2014 05:40 AM

eyooooo

i remember raping gaybay in lane and calling him out on his stream when i was in silver(?) and he was plat fun times in na

L.B.D.D 09-19-2014 03:58 PM

: ' )

stargroup100 09-19-2014 04:15 PM

i remember playing with eric in the past and i supported him while he tore shit up despite having like 250 ping fun times in na

then he stops playing with me wat a fgt

Coolboyrulez0 09-19-2014 04:19 PM

yo im b& in na for life join us pros on euw

stargroup100 09-19-2014 04:30 PM

w/e i guess ill try and dig up my euw account info

NFD 09-25-2014 10:35 PM

damn plat is fucking a pain

Razor 09-27-2014 12:23 AM

Played against that elo boosted trashlord CRS Liquid112 in Solo Queue.

(ss taken from my duo partner as I left w/o ss)

GG_Guru 09-27-2014 12:42 AM

My username is Yon. I am Platinum 5.

darklordsarumon9 09-27-2014 02:39 AM

FNT OMG game

What

Literally

What

What

darklordsarumon9 09-27-2014 02:42 AM

Call 911 Im having a heart attack

XelNya 09-27-2014 02:58 AM

Yeah, that's kinda how that game went.

WARNING: VERY SPOILED DO NOT CLICK.

Kinda sad fanatic didn't get the win off that nexus attempt. One auto away in a 70 minute game? Oh man I cringed a little.

darklordsarumon9 09-27-2014 04:00 PM

Also, dat Rekkles
PENTAKILL

darklordsarumon9 09-27-2014 04:01 PM

>sexPeke

hi19hi19 09-27-2014 04:06 PM

I find the 2000 reply Reddit post about the literally gamechanging bugs and glitches that happened in the FNC vs OMG game to be far more entertaining than the game itself. And the game itself was very good.