Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Trump Administration Is Trying to Get Rid of People Who Are Transgender :( (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=150038)

drizzleRomanceGirl 10-21-2018 11:32 PM

The Trump Administration Is Trying to Get Rid of People Who Are Transgender :(

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/21/u...efinition.html

Funnygurl555 10-21-2018 11:35 PM

Re: The Trump Administration Is Trying to Get Rid of People Who Are Transgender :(

:(

storn42 10-21-2018 11:44 PM

Re: The Trump Administration Is Trying to Get Rid of People Who Are Transgender :(

:(

G.S.M 10-22-2018 07:28 AM

if you look up in the sky you can see the giant eraser

:P
fo real doh

I don't think anyone should get their rights taken away, but I do believe certain things need to change.

For one you can get jail time in certain places for using the wrong pronouns. Completely stupid. Correct them and move on? What if was an accident? Nope! Jail time! What about the people that take advantage of this? hmmmm

also:

co

co

cos

cos

coself

en

en

ens

ens

enself

ey

em

eir

eirs

emself

he

him

his

his

himself

she

her

her

hers

herself

they

them

their

theirs

themself

xie

hir ("here")

hir

hirs

hirself

yo

yo

yos

yos

yoself

ze

ve

zir

vis

zir

ver

zirs

ver

zirself

verself

what the fuck is this

no

rushyrulz 10-22-2018 08:35 AM

can someone tl;dr this, it's quite literally the longest article I've ever seen in my entire life.

Charu 10-22-2018 08:59 AM

Yeah sure

It pretty much is this:

"We gonna change Title IX back to strictly male or female with no in-between unless genetically proven you're not."

Also it would change how the law sees the LGBT community as their rights would be forfeit (Like choice of bathrooms, ect.)

Ripperonies, 2020 where you at?

rushyrulz 10-22-2018 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4651865)
Yeah sure

It pretty much is this:

"We gonna change Title IX back to strictly male or female with no in-between unless genetically proven you're not."

Also it would change how the law sees the LGBT community as their rights would be forfeit (Like choice of bathrooms, ect.)

thanks and yikes

mellonxcollie 10-22-2018 10:02 AM

Please show me even one single example of someone getting jail time for using the wrong pronouns.

People are so gullible jfc. Sometimes people lie on the internet to advance their own agendas and it's kinda scary how many brainless people just lap it up

devonin 10-22-2018 11:40 AM

It's astonishing how little people seem to actually understand the science behind this sort of thing. The basic barely accurate biology they teach in schools is very clearly doing more harm than good at this point. I think people honestly believe that your sex is actually just determined by "Whether you get an X or Y chromosome from the dad"

rayword45 10-22-2018 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4651865)
Yeah sure

It pretty much is this:

Vote in two weeks, fool

devonin 10-22-2018 12:01 PM

Here's a nice explanation of why this sort of thing is hilariously anti-science, in easy to understand terms

https://twitter.com/delaneykingrox/s...92496060715008

SKG_Scintill 10-22-2018 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 4651886)
I think people honestly believe that your sex is actually just determined by "Whether you get an X or Y chromosome from the dad"

I do believe that, yes

aperson 10-22-2018 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill (Post 4651898)
I do believe that, yes

oh

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 4651892)
Here's a nice explanation of why this sort of thing is hilariously anti-science, in easy to understand terms

https://twitter.com/delaneykingrox/s...92496060715008

SKG_Scintill 10-22-2018 03:08 PM

how big a chance is this "usually"
how many people with gender issues are gauvedoches or any other grey-area-gender?
sure there is a possibility for this to happen, but how big is this chance

V-Ormix 10-22-2018 03:43 PM

its not very big at all scintill, not very big at all :v

but that could be taken out of context 8u

V-Ormix 10-22-2018 03:45 PM

liberal multisex lord gangsters, wa watta matta u dasuh spicce meet balle :y

Sanjixcon 10-22-2018 03:48 PM

"makin america great again".

V-Ormix 10-22-2018 04:00 PM

Funnygurl555 10-22-2018 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G.S.M (Post 4651861)
if you look up in the sky you can see the giant eraser

:P
fo real doh

I don't think anyone should get their rights taken away, but I do believe certain things need to change.

For one you can get jail time in certain places for using the wrong pronouns. Completely stupid. Correct them and move on? What if was an accident? Nope! Jail time! What about the people that take advantage of this? hmmmm

people who wanna clap back at custom pronouns use this shittiest arguments, i swear

a quick google search easily discredits this. jail time is a huge stretch. possibly having someone press charges on you for repeatedly misgendering them? yeah, that's a possibility if you're canadian. (possibly important clarification: someone could charge you for harassment if, despite them correcting you repeatedly, you still choose to misgender them)

i don't mean to come off as harsh as i am. i've just had to sit in on people yapping this bs for a while, and it's frustrating. if you want to have an honest and fruitful conversation about pronouns, then the ffr forums is probably not the best place. airing your grievances against custom pronouns is definitely not appropriate in a thread about the trump administration attempting to legally nullify transgender folks.

it's also not that big of a deal to be respectful of others and refer to them the way they like, so i don't understand how you can be so annoyed by this.

Sanjixcon 10-22-2018 04:17 PM

i like "yo" and "yoself". I would use those myself.
but stuff like xie , zir, co, ze..... i mean come on... it feels like im reading chinese peoples names.

edit: bottom line though.. it's physically impossible to make other people address you with a "specific" sound. You would have to torture them until they gave in... or alter their voice box with a computer chip or something.