Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Other Music Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   More Girls Playing FFR (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=30690)

Dippo_Teh_Shippo 08-28-2005 04:03 AM

More Girls Playing FFR

More girls should play FFR. Not b/c out here in my state we don't really play video games, but just to prove we can! I mean maybe guys think they're all hot b/c they can beat girls in games like this but come on! I for one think more of us girls need to play more FFR and DDR. And I have a feeling guys will absolutely disagree.... Well, let 'em. I'm speaking my mind for once 'cause I CAN'T TAKE THE REDICULE ANYMORE! And I refuse to do so.

Rebirth0 08-28-2005 04:21 AM

RE: More Girls Playing FFR

You kinda make it sound like girls are restricted from playing FFR and DDR. =/

You don't see too many girls playing these games because it doesn't spark their interest like it does for guys. Here's what I think about girls not playing DDR. I'm friends with a girl that plays DDR, she doesn't play too much because she complains about getting sweaty and complains when I'm sweaty. Plus she gets embarrassed when she plays right after I play or something, because she thinks she sucks just because I'm better than her at the game. Since I've been around a lot of girls that play DDR this is what I think when I hear them talking about it. Either they don't like geting worked up this way or they get embarrassed in front of guys.

Again, this is what I think. I have no clue what girls think about the game and why they don't play it.

Moonsock 08-28-2005 09:37 AM

Personally, I think it's what we're exposed to as children. Most boys were handed Nintendo and Atari to play with when they were little and girls were handed dolls and things. It's no wonder most girls don't have an interest, most girls were never really exposed to video games like guys. -shrug- I like DDR though because it's a game I'm actually good at. XD

Hr2 08-28-2005 09:58 PM

Your post sounds like that if we vote yes suddenly there is going to be a law forcing womenfolk to play FFR.

ravenhexa 08-29-2005 12:29 AM

I think I mentioned something about this last night in the MP lobby, Shippo. I'm a girl, and I did notice not too many girls play DDR. I think it's mostly the fact that some girls find it stupid. And they don't want to look like nerds.
My late sister never wanted to play in front of people even though she was good, just because she didn't want people to watch her.
I, personally, WANT to play in front of people, and play guys, because I want to beat them.

Although, I do think guys are sometimes better equipped for it...because they usually don't have breasts.

JurseyRider734 08-30-2005 11:23 PM

I play ffr :<

xsoccershortiix 08-31-2005 03:30 PM

First off, I hate sterotypes. Don't think that just because someone's a girl that she absolutely loves dolls and makeup and practically anything with a leather print on it. The reason girls don't really play FFR/DDR is normally because of the fact that it doesn't interest them or something along those lines. Maybe they've never even heard of it - lots of my friends have no clue what it is. On the flip side, I know a LOT of girls that play the game - and quite a few kick ass in it too. ;D

No need to flip out over the matter though =].

hieilover170 09-1-2005 10:06 AM

I'm a girl and I happen to adore DDR and FFR! And I agree with xsoccershortiix, I don't follow the stereotypes, I wear all boys clothes and I hate make up and dolls (except for my Yu Yu Hakusho Hiei plushie) and I don't wear leather print!!!!!!!! All my friends who are girls and even my sister play DDR!!!!! :x :P

Person08 09-4-2005 06:57 PM

Re: RE: More Girls Playing FFR

I play DDR and FFR, and I hate the stereotype that most people put on girls. Just last week I had heard about our school starting a DDR Club, so I went to it. They told all the new people planning to play heavy to stand in one spot. There was me and two other guys. Someone came up and was asking how many feet we could play and such, to see how good we were I suppose. They started to tell me that I'd have to play standard because too many people were playing Heavy and they needed even teams. All before they had even seen me play. Why? Because I'm a girl.

It turns out that I was better than both of them. Not by much, but I would say that I am, first off the guy couldn't do crossover steps...

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAVEnHEXa
Although, I do think guys are sometimes better equipped for it...because they usually don't have breasts.

Ditto. Sometimes it can get annoying, and that kind of makes me self-conscious if guys are watching. I can just hope that they are looking at my feet. :roll:

gardyloo 09-5-2005 12:07 AM

RE: Re: RE: More Girls Playing FFR

I don't think that FFR would care about an old wooden shipanyone, anyone? I know you've seen it!

Anuj 09-7-2005 11:13 PM

I can pass every song in the game and I don't do any crossovers =\

Brainmaster07 09-7-2005 11:16 PM

I know several girls that play DDR, in fact, more of my female friends play DDR then my male friends. None of them have played more then one or two games on FFR though =/.

stealth 09-8-2005 12:05 AM

Why should I care if girls play DDR/FFR/SM? If they dont like it, thats totally fine with me. If they do, then thats fine, too. Why do some people make it a big deal if a girl plays a video game? Its just adding to the separation of the sexes. I know plenty of girls at my school who play not only DDR, but CSS and BF2, too. Do I care and separate them from the male players I know? Nope, I just treat them all the same. Why cant others do the same?

Anuj 09-8-2005 07:52 PM

i think more girls should play ddr too... that way i can meet them, get to know them, and bang them

good call

sean637 09-9-2005 07:47 PM

YES girls should pla FFR wen ever they want i love girls and if u want to talk to me add me to ur msn messanger list if ur a girl 13-18 add me with sean637@msn.com or just send me a email of ur pic

super-smashman 09-11-2005 05:30 PM

Re: RE: More Girls Playing FFR

Quote:

Originally Posted by Person08
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAVEnHEXa

Ditto. Sometimes it can get annoying, and that kind of makes me self-conscious if guys are watching. I can just hope that they are looking at my feet. :roll:

Yeah... we're sorry about that...

Dippo_Teh_Shippo 09-22-2005 07:02 PM

Hm.. now that I think about it, Raven's right. They are better equipped. Not to mention out here they're better.... :cry:

Person08 09-22-2005 07:53 PM

Re: RE: Re: RE: More Girls Playing FFR

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anuj
I can pass every song in the game and I don't do any crossovers =\

That's fine, but I just think it's harder to do many of the songs without crossover steps. It wouldn't have been such a big deal except everytime that there were eigth notes that would be easier (IMO) to do with a crossover he would mess up.

African Anger 11-18-2014 12:02 AM

Re: More Girls Playing FFR

i support this

Fission 11-18-2014 12:03 AM

Re: More Girls Playing FFR

yes i think they should, it would be great to increase the gender diversity