Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=145930)

MixMasterLar 11-12-2016 09:25 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4493030)
if only this reaction wasn't god awful forced feeling, i wouldn't be willing to look at pazz

I noticed that but if Clix (was it Clix that Charu was bodyguard?) taught me anything is that you gotta believe the mechanical aspect of the game more then tone/shitty posts.

I think Paz is safely off the table. Or has really big balls.

ShadoWolfe 11-12-2016 09:28 PM

Quote:

second suspicion falls to shadowolfe for overreaction:

I'm not exactly sure why you're adopting such an alarmist point of view.

If I could adequately describe to you the sense of loss and frustration I felt after having had my post be ninja'd by "AA was found dead", I would. As it is, you'll have to understand that it was beyond words.

Quote:

you've said "if you are town" to multiple players like, telling them to play better but not actually scumhunting at all?

I said "if you're town" to one player, and that was andy. Also, define scumhunting, because I'd argue that that is exactly what my push on Haku constitutes.

MixMasterLar 11-12-2016 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4493034)
Maybe he's saying the truth, but he's not town aligned?

There's no way he has that Bus power and the ability to use arrows/got an item.

Not unless you can gift items somehow, but that's a really unlikely scenario as whoever got that item probably would have used it themselves

And I mean he swapped 2 townfolks. Why would a wolf swap two townfolks? To clear himself?

That's such a far fetched idea and considering you're throwing out excuses without much thought, floundering around trying to clear your name, I'd imagine the likelier story is you did.

Vote stands and will likely stay unless Haku convinces me otherwise.

Hakulyte 11-12-2016 09:40 PM

So, why are you reading me scum? That could be helpful.

Why aren't you considering that Pazzaz could be a possibility?

What does my game looks like to you?

Hakulyte 11-12-2016 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4493037)
There's no way he has that Bus power and the ability to use arrows/got an item.

It's really as simple as "not being able to post d0 (can even lie about d0) + ability to swap targets."
Quote:

Not unless you can gift items somehow, but that's a really unlikely scenario as whoever got that item probably would have used it themselves

Quote:

Items: On (Items cannot be passed from one player to another)
^ You can't gift items.

Quote:

And I mean he swapped 2 townfolks. Why would a wolf swap two townfolks? To clear himself?

That's such a far fetched idea and considering you're throwing out excuses without much thought, floundering around trying to clear your name, I'd imagine the likelier story is you did.

Vote stands and will likely stay unless Haku convinces me otherwise.

Pazzaz being a possibility =/= clearing Haku.

MixMasterLar 11-12-2016 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4493038)
So, why are you reading me scum? That could be helpful.

At first it was a meta read because you skipped shitposting. I tried ignoring it as you would know if you read any of my post bet hey it persists.

And now that AA is dead you're basically wanting to argue about Paz being a possibility right after I narrowed it down to you and Shado. If you where town trying to solve the game you would probably just agree with me on Shado, but a Wolf Haku would be self-conscience about being the one to name the wolf out of the pile and I can see him wanting to argue to open up the pool, not actually find the wolf.

Add in that AA was considering going over your post again really recently and it all adds up to you probably being the one that did it. Again, you're welcome to prove me wrong although you are doing a bad job of it.

Quote:

Why aren't you considering that Pazzaz could be a possibility?

Because it's so unlikely. There are multiple people who commented on this subject. You would see them if you read the thread.

Quote:

What does my game looks like to you?

Like a wolf who hasn't read the thread that well and is bad at gambits.

MixMasterLar 11-12-2016 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4493040)
It's really as simple as "not being able to post d0 (can even lie about d0) + ability to swap targets."

Ok. So? Doesn't deter my point on how unlikely I find he had an ability and an item/shot.

Quote:

^ You can't gift items.

Makes my point even stronger

Quote:

Pazzaz being a possibility =/= clearing Haku.

Damn straight it doesn't, but that wasn't my point. Look up Law of Parsimony sometime.

Hakulyte 11-12-2016 09:57 PM

Did you clear andy somehow recently? He was like my main suspect until Shadow jumped in and Pazzaz posted that "NOOOOO" comment thing.

andy-o24 11-12-2016 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4493041)
At first it was a meta read because you skipped shitposting.

He subbed in. We were past the shitpost timing, pretty much. He came in, as I recall trying to contribute right off the bat. I don't think this is relevant at all in trying to read Haku, unless you have a serious meta archetype for him.

-o24

Hakulyte 11-12-2016 10:14 PM

Quote:

At first it was a meta read because you skipped shitposting. I tried ignoring it as you would know if you read any of my post bet hey it persists.

And now that AA is dead you're basically wanting to argue about Paz being a possibility right after I narrowed it down to you and Shado. If you where town trying to solve the game you would probably just agree with me on Shado, but a Wolf Haku would be self-conscience about being the one to name the wolf out of the pile and I can see him wanting to argue to open up the pool, not actually find the wolf.

Why would a wolf haku frame himself to make himself look bad to get town read?

Quote:

Add in that AA was considering going over your post again really recently and it all adds up to you probably being the one that did it. Again, you're welcome to prove me wrong although you are doing a bad job of it.

I'm definitely constantly worth revisiting at any phase of the game.

Quote:

Because it's so unlikely. There are multiple people who commented on this subject. You would see them if you read the thread.

I've been more self-conscious about second guessing scenarios since how Turbo VII ended, but telling you that is not really alignment indicative. whatever.

Quote:

Like a wolf who hasn't read the thread that well and is bad at gambits.

That makes sense to me, but I simply don't see how else to express this.

MixMasterLar 11-12-2016 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4493043)
Did you clear andy somehow recently? He was like my main suspect until Shadow jumped in and Pazzaz posted that "NOOOOO" comment thing.

I never cleared Andy. You should read my reads list.

This attempt at deflection looks poor on you, Haku

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4493044)
He subbed in. We were past the shitpost timing, pretty much. He came in, as I recall trying to contribute right off the bat. I don't think this is relevant at all in trying to read Haku, unless you have a serious meta archetype for him.

-o24

You don't know Haku

Every phase for Town Haku is shitposting phase. That or "I give up I suck i'm horrible " phase. So yeah, I guess I do have a serious meta archetype of him.

So ANDY

Should I take the fact you haven't mentioned Haku's current post as you being ok with them?

Should I take the fact that you come on to defend Haku and not try to figure out who actually killed AA as scummy? Oh, before you mention tha he suspected you: Haku does like killing his scum partners off sometimes. A little trick he picked up from Charu.

MixMasterLar 11-12-2016 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4493045)
Why would a wolf haku frame himself to make himself look bad to get town read?

You're not framing yourself, you are simply trying to keep a larger pool of suspects open.

Quote:

I'm definitely constantly worth revisiting at any phase of the game.

Glad you agree.

Quote:

I've been more self-conscious about second guessing scenarios since how Turbo VII ended, but telling you that is not really alignment indicative. whatever.

TBH I already gave you this excuse doing your entrance.

Quote:

That makes sense to me, but I simply don't see how else to express this.

Fair enough I suppose.

MixMasterLar 11-12-2016 10:23 PM

Hey Precarious

I see you down there.

Hakulyte 11-12-2016 10:35 PM

Oh yeah, unvote.

I'll come back tomorrow hopefully to get somewhere with this.

MixMasterLar 11-12-2016 10:37 PM

If you don't have time to respond to me now, I want to pick this up when you get back, Haku

MixMasterLar 11-12-2016 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4492965)
idk, he lost his townread for me with the whole coinflip thing and how he seems to not really care about why people say it's bad. sitting at null atm

also indheart the reason I'm the inactive enforcer this game is because I've realized (finally) that more often than not, wolves sit in the inactive players because it's difficult to be comfortable posting a lot as a wolf

also if I look at the more active players, I don't have a solid scumlean on any of them

I think MML/yoshl are pretty towny
xel semi cleared himself with post 1092 or something, where he said to lynch him instead of freezing
shadowolfe I *thought* was scummy, now I'm kind of null on him, wouldn't lynch today though

and now is where it gets murky, dfr has not done anything this game that makes me townread him
roundbox had his push on xel which seemed fine, if annoying because he took forever to make a concrete case, but I'm also not particularly townreading him
storn/gs I actually have townleans on, storn moreso than gs

then there's zenith/andy who are null, and the clusterfuck of inactives who I think have at least 2 scum

I'm hesitant to meta juckter's slot off of inactivity because of wineandbread, and wnb's content has seemed ok to me. pazzaz I also believe, I think he's more likely town than not, but this read depends a lot on whether or not he follows through with the large post with thoughts that he promised and what it contains

I'm not feeling good about precarious, V is null, I actually think haku is scummy (will have to go back and dig more), and I'd like to see more definitive conclusions from indheart when he manages to finish catching up

so tldr

the top actives seem towny-null for me (really just shado who is null), and the inactives are a lot of ???/scum

which is why I KEEP pushing them but it's hard when nothing seems to gain traction

The only person who AA was scumreading before his death was Haku, and maybe Roundbox & Andy. Everyone else is just null or on the greener side of the fence.

It really looks like Haku got antsy and decided to take the shot, hoping that if his reactions to it seemed good it'll clear him for the rest of us. For someone who's on vacation that shot was very accommodating for his time, as he was here when it happened and had enough time to sit around and respond for like an hour or so (more so actually, not sure how long exactly)

Everytime I try to think about another killer my mind goes back to Haku.

danceflashrevo 11-12-2016 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4492782)
Freaking why? Please explain this. The timing is really bad for this vote considering the timestamp and wagons that where going on. You're normally a champion of picking between ongoing wagons tbh

I think it's really funny that you're skeptical of him over the same reason he was skeptical of wolfe.

At the time of writing this I'm curious if Pazzaz has some sort of silenced role, or someones constantly silencing him. (p57)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4492812)
2 - He was on Andy's nuts the last leg their after that "I'll toss a coin" post.
What's interesting is that, Andy being a new player, I can totally see Wolf Andy thinking he's been caught and trying to get rid of the only player who noticed. And fast!

Then again I can see someone more experience seeing that situation and thinking Ah yes easy framin' boys

Wolf Andy killing Charu over the 3/4 other people that pinged him out for it is kinda silly IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4492831)
Hi Haku. I hope you're enjoying your vacation!
How're things going? Doing well? Internet speeds alright? Tired of rolling wolf yet?

This reads very weird to me, because he kinda means it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4492836)
Here's some spicy WIFOM for you:
Charu attacked my weak EOD play, calling me a wolf.
Wolves know I'm town, so getting other town to lynch me saves a wolf through this next phase.
To convince the town I'm a wolf, they kill Charu who was the only one really suspecting I am a wolf, in an attempt to show Charu was onto a wolf read.

Mm, not wrong about that spicy WIFOM.

Pg. 59, oh hey I was kinda right lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4492840)
Hold on a minute

If we're going to talk about roles that prevent you from being active in a game that is very dependent of interactions and activity you are going to have to sale that a little harder then that.

I don't think that's far at all from being logical. I mean there's already a silencer role, plus being inactive d0 is like the best phase to be inactive in. Considering we didn't even cfd to a different inactive. I would classify freezin from not being inactive after all the posting in the last 24-36 hours of the phase. So literally all inactives survived. This is bad reasoning imo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by storn42 (Post 4492881)
Lyncher eh? Well that's funny cus i was thinking the same thing.

I'd like to talk about tokzic. He seems to fit that inactive thing you're going for with only 23 posts., and more importantly I'd like to talk about his vote on me. Ifor you read back to it, it actually feels quite forced. He just "has a strong gut read" on how woofy I'm being. I can see this being a world where he rolled lyncher and me the lynched, or even simply him being a woof and trying to fake reads on people like me. But even so as he has this strong read on me in the end he goes and votes for xel. He jumps on that wagon for seemingly no reason despite his read on me.

I like this post a lot. +1 town point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4492924)
"Bus Driver has been seen as each alignment and historically is a pro-Town role; however, some moderators consider Bus Driver to be a Negative Utility role in Town hands, since it is more likely to thwart or confuse power roles than help. The pro-Town intent of this role is to attempt to redirect the scum's kill onto a better target." From mafscum

I feel like we're kinda almost angleshooting this whole is bus driver a town or scum role. Can we drop it? Like... this quote alone should make everyone think "yeah guys this is a garbage thing to be devoting time to". And I hope that's what people say because I'm still catching up teehee.

==Panda Express Break==

Reading through, storns followthrough vote on tokzic makes me feel better on him too. He's acting on it, not just bringing it up and seeing what others think about it.

Obligatory let's talk about Haku meta concerning MML's post at top of p63, Haku basically has no meta. He changes it every game practically and I wouldn't be surprised if he drastically changed his meta from the last turbo to this game to the next game ad nauseam. (also what's Jones Soda)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4492994)
"Nice timing."?
Really?
The same could be said of you and Zenith, materializing out of nowhere moments before the kill came in.

I wasn't sure of you before this, and I was hoping you'd post more because voting you just based on meta alone was weak, but I'm not waiting any longer.
Hakulyte

Either I missed every single @haku shadow post or this materialized super quickly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4492999)
What all possible roles could do this? I never played a game where that was a thing

Quite a few, I'm kinda shocked that you haven't.

Quote:

What kind of gamble is voting an inactive anyway? Is the gamble that you're voting for your partner?
Idk maybe the fact that it's an inactive? And that second part tacked on kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Quote:

You uh

You got anything to say about our top town dying in the middle of the fucking day like that?

You should explain that to me.
This part feels like he's fishing. You could argue that any reaction or response is wolfy, at least in my experience so idk this post feels kinda garbagey.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4493001)
Guys I am legit triggered I didn't fucking expect a role that kills in the fucking daytime

Was this pun intentional?

==NOTE OMG THIS JUST IN MICHIGAN AND WASHINGTON LOSE AS WELL CLEMSONS NOT IN SUCH A BAD SPOT ANYMORE THE SALT IS GONE BABY==

*ahem*

Note about the screenshot at the time of the shooting, is the plus beside shadow indicative of invisible? Because that's pretty lol. Feels angleshooty though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pazzaz (Post 4493010)
It's also pretty bad now that this doesn't even prove that I'm town. Why couldn't you have killed me???!!!!

Why wouldn't it? I'm not really sure about how the role flipping would work. Would any outcome ever really clear you? I still believe your claim and all but, idk maybe someone could explain it to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4493018)
For me; it's between Pazzaz/ShadoWolfe/Andy-o24

pazzaz? huh

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4493028)
Is there anything that proves he's a confirmed town?

Certainly a good case for one, good enough for you to not have that concern aorn lmao

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4493034)
Maybe he's saying the truth, but he's not town aligned?

Here's where I would go to likely hood of alignment about the role. The whole silence thing. I think it's a lot more shitty for a wolf to be silenced than a townie. It has so much more impact on the game.

MixMasterLar 11-12-2016 10:48 PM

You been sitting there for awhile, Andy. You have a response to me yet?

MixMasterLar 11-12-2016 10:55 PM

Welcome back DFR

Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4493057)
Obligatory let's talk about Haku meta concerning MML's post at top of p63, Haku basically has no meta. He changes it every game practically and I wouldn't be surprised if he drastically changed his meta from the last turbo to this game to the next game ad nauseam. (also what's Jones Soda)

First off, that's bullshit and you know it. He's piss easy to read. Hell I've done it before. I gave him a pass because of Turbo VII and the likelihood that he would change it, but he has done nothing but play bad. Read my latest post regarding Haku.

Second off, Jones Soda is the best. I got theblue bubblegum flavor

MixMasterLar 11-12-2016 10:56 PM

DFR before you go I would like a full on reads list please.