Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=145930)

MixMasterLar 11-12-2016 01:49 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Hey Xel, Haku

How have you guys been?

Just hangin' out for the last 20 minutes I see

Must be nice over there where y'all at.

ShadoWolfe 11-12-2016 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4492779)
because like I said, I had a bad impression of your posting and then youc ame in and just voted one of the top wagons

coming in right at the end and just plopping a vote on throws up red flags for me in general and I was tinfoiling on xel/freezin so it seemed like opportunistic scum

but after rereading your posts I think my impression was wrong, your posts don't lean me strongly either way and certainly not enough to vote you right now

I do want to see what contributions you have to make though, and the part about you not wanting to bring up "similarities to the hydra game until d2" sounds gross, explain?

Oh, just saw this while rereading.
Rip lol

Whelp, we covered it already, after you had to ask a second time (lol)

MixMasterLar 11-12-2016 02:05 AM

Ok well my fish are baked and it doesn't seem like the majority of people here are wanting to post anyway

So I'll check in later.

andy-o24 11-12-2016 02:08 AM

I'll catch up on the thread when I get to work in about an hour. Charu seems weird though, I agree.

-o24

Hakulyte 11-12-2016 02:17 AM

I think you guys should discuss about creating a lynch pool of inactives and use these interactions as a mean to continue the game in the right direction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendetta21 (Post 4492131)
One note on lynching inactives early as a policy approach is that the town has a great deal less control over which inactive dies than the wolves do at this point, so the policy will strongly favor wolf influence (since it will only take one or two posts) and policy lynching is also just weak play because it doesn't create new interactions between you and them.

While that true, I think it's a bad idea to keep ignoring them "hoping they will eventually get active". It's also giving you all the chance to see what the others think about it.

Hakulyte 11-12-2016 03:07 AM

The rest of my game atm if I had time would be to reread the thread with Charu and FreezinIce flips in mind and compare their interactions with everyone.

Also, a "follow the vote" could be interesting for tracking purposes.

The problem with me right now is that I really shouldn't even be here right now, I should be sleeping. I hoped for some quick interactions, but I'm barely seeing anyone right now.

So yeah, I would currently priorize a low poster lynch while considering all of the above.

I understand that this is all general/obvious things and that you're hoping to see where I stand exactly, but I really simply am not even in a state to keep up with the game right now.

ShadoWolfe 11-12-2016 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4492829)
I think you guys should discuss about creating a lynch pool of inactives and use these interactions as a mean to continue the game in the right direction.

While that true, I think it's a bad idea to keep ignoring them "hoping they will eventually get active". It's also giving you all the chance to see what the others think about it.

Hi Haku. I hope you're enjoying your vacation!
How're things going? Doing well? Internet speeds alright? Tired of rolling wolf yet?

Why is it, "I think you guys should discuss" instead of "I think we should create a pool of inactives"?
Why are you certain that lynching inactives is "the right direction"?

What does, "It's also giving you all the chance to see what the others think about it." mean?

No vote, yet. I think there's a faint possibility you could be a tired town Haku, so I'ma wait this out. My questions about your well-being were genuine, btw, as was my question about you rolling woof.

ShadoWolfe 11-12-2016 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4492830)
The rest of my game atm if I had time would be to reread the thread with Charu and FreezinIce flips in mind and compare their interactions with everyone.

Also, a "follow the vote" could be interesting for tracking purposes.

The problem with me right now is that I really shouldn't even be here right now, I should be sleeping. I hoped for some quick interactions, but I'm barely seeing anyone right now.

So yeah, I would currently priorize a low poster lynch while considering all of the above.

I understand that this is all general/obvious things and that you're hoping to see where I stand exactly, but I really simply am not even in a state to keep up with the game right now.

This makes sense. I'm so glad you posted this before you left. I'm here for a quick interaction, if you'd like. I understand you haven't kept up with the game, though, so what would you like to gain from this interaction? Feel free to ask me any questions about the game, btw.

andy-o24 11-12-2016 04:05 AM

So, I was moved to a new area, there was a super drunk dude who made a run for it, but I think we've caught him, and there is this handicapped scanner thing for opening doors that is beeping randomly and University Police don't know how to stop it. Fun night.

Here's some spicy WIFOM for you:
Charu attacked my weak EOD play, calling me a wolf.
Wolves know I'm town, so getting other town to lynch me saves a wolf through this next phase.
To convince the town I'm a wolf, they kill Charu who was the only one really suspecting I am a wolf, in an attempt to show Charu was onto a wolf read.

As for the coin flip thing: I was really at a toss-up between who I thought was most scummy, Xel or Freezin. I didn't actually flip the coin. I felt Freezin's attempts to admonish himself from our scrutiny were heartfelt and Xel I didn't get the same read from. Therefore, vote on Xel.

-o24

Pazzaz 11-12-2016 04:35 AM

Ok guys, I'm alive! My role kind of kept me from posting the first day, sorry for not being part of it, I'll post a long post with my thoughts later today.

MixMasterLar 11-12-2016 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4492829)

Lynching inactives is never going into the right direction. We still have active-enough scumleans to examine that we don't need to start trying to lynch from an inactive pool 40-some-odd-hours away from EoD.

Also inactives+interactions in that sentence is pretty.....contradictory? Yeah I'll go with that.

Haku, I know you're on vacation. When do you think you can seriously sit down and make a somewhat serious post? Even if it just covers like 5 players, I want to see it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4492836)
So, I was moved to a new area, there was a super drunk dude who made a run for it, but I think we've caught him, and there is this handicapped scanner thing for opening doors that is beeping randomly and University Police don't know how to stop it. Fun night.

What fucking job do you have rofl

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4492836)
Here's some spicy WIFOM for you:
Charu attacked my weak EOD play, calling me a wolf.
Wolves know I'm town, so getting other town to lynch me saves a wolf through this next phase.
To convince the town I'm a wolf, they kill Charu who was the only one really suspecting I am a wolf, in an attempt to show Charu was onto a wolf read.

Wow

Woooowww

For a new guy to just come up with this is kind'O weird.

First off, why even make the point right now? No one seriously thinks thought it was you. I came the closest but ultimately admitted that would be a stupid assumption and left it be. You could be commenting on literally every other aspect of the game right now, but chose, out of EoD and this phase's start, to really try to address why you've probably been framed.

Second, that's hella specific for most anyone in this game to just come up with and use in a post. It reads like you (or someone else) have put alot of time into making it believable. Maybe I'm reading a little deep into that since point number 1 is making me suspicious of it, but I'm probably not reading too deep when I say that---

Third, you had a shit EoD regardless of rather you flipped the coin or not (saying you are going to flip a coin does not help the rest of town) and following that up with nothing but defense and no additional thoughts does not look good on you, no matter who you are.

MixMasterLar 11-12-2016 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pazzaz (Post 4492838)
Ok guys, I'm alive! My role kind of kept me from posting the first day, sorry for not being part of it, I'll post a long post with my thoughts later today.

Hold on a minute

If we're going to talk about roles that prevent you from being active in a game that is very dependent of interactions and activity you are going to have to sale that a little harder then that.

andy-o24 11-12-2016 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4492839)
What fucking job do you have rofl

I work "night" desk staff at the University in the residence halls. Night is a misnomer as it is from 12:00 AM - 8:00 AM, though they are changing it to 7:30 AM soon. Pretty much get paid more than minimum wage to sit around. Some mornings are more exciting than others, case in point this one.
Quote:

For a new guy to just come up with this is kind'O weird.

Second, that's hella specific for most anyone in this game to just come up with and use in a post. It reads like you (or someone else) have put alot of time into making it believable. Maybe I'm reading a little deep into that since point number 1 is making me suspicious of it, but I'm probably not reading too deep when I say that---
How is that weird? It seemed logical. The only person who put some thought into it was me, because I assumed AA, who imo is strongest town right now, would be the night kill and I would have to argue with Charu about my EOD play. Because I don't have to argue with Charu about it, I figured why the hell not bring it up myself?

My EOD play was going to be shit regardless of whether I posted the coin flip idea or not. In my mind, someone in thread at EOD and who has been at least somewhat active in the discussion would draw more attention to themselves having not voted than voted. So I knew for my sake given that idea I needed a vote on someone. Two wagons were popular, I found myself on one instead of the other because of the rationale in my previous post.

Further analysis? Nothing as of yet. As I said, Charu kill is weird and I gave potential wolf rationale for it. I'll have to go back and refocus on some individual players given what I now know and see how others react. If you want to keep grilling me over my EOD play, feel free. You and I both know I had no experience at that phase prior to that one, and clearly I don't know what I'm doing. I don't regret the coin flip post though, gotta learn somehow.

-o24

AragakiAyase 11-12-2016 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4492810)
Re-read parts of hydra over the break in phases (man, that game is looong). The only similarity I could find in your half of the hydra was that your posts read townie, which is why I hadn't brought it up as soon as this phase started. Reading townie is wifom at best, so I'm content with keeping you at null for now. It was more of a feeling than anything yesterday, so I'm keeping an eye out, but that's pretty much all I can do at this point.

Lmao so you'd potentially scumread me for my posts seeming townie? Ok

MixMasterLar 11-12-2016 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4492842)
How is that weird? It seemed logical. The only person who put some thought into it was me, because I assumed AA, who imo is strongest town right now, would be the night kill and I would have to argue with Charu about my EOD play. Because I don't have to argue with Charu about it, I figured why the hell not bring it up myself?

Except I already brought it up, so that weakens the impact of you trying to lampshade it.

Quote:

My EOD play was going to be shit regardless of whether I posted the coin flip idea or not. In my mind, someone in thread at EOD and who has been at least somewhat active in the discussion would draw more attention to themselves having not voted than voted. So I knew for my sake given that idea I needed a vote on someone. Two wagons were popular, I found myself on one instead of the other because of the rationale in my previous post.

Andy

For me to buy that you are town and not a coached wolf, I have to assume that you are extremely sharpwitted and pick up on the subtle aspects of this game with a quickness. That's believable to a degree.

But here, you justify your bad EoD because you where trying to draw less attention by voting. Why would a town player worry about that? Especially in your case when there was not a wagon on you.

If you'd exercised the thought process you had displayed with trying to clear yourself of the Charu kill, or when you caught the host making a mistake, you would have probably concluded that it is in town's best interest to weigh the options even to the last second logically and vote your conscience, posting honest thoughts in real time to allow feedback from others.

Instead you joke about flipping a coin? And justify it by Not wanting to draw attention? Why would town give a FUCK about that at that point in time with as little pressure as you had?

Andy you've already proved you are better then that.

Quote:

Further analysis? Nothing as of yet. As I said, Charu kill is weird and I gave potential wolf rationale for it. I'll have to go back and refocus on some individual players given what I now know and see how others react. If you want to keep grilling me over my EOD play, feel free. You and I both know I had no experience at that phase prior to that one, and clearly I don't know what I'm doing. I don't regret the coin flip post though, gotta learn somehow.

-o24

You should regret that

It was horrible

MixMasterLar 11-12-2016 06:02 AM

Oh hey AA. Tell me what you think of Andy. I'll read it later though Imma go to bed

Oh and Hey V PLAY THE FUCKING GAME PLEASE KTHX

Pazzaz 11-12-2016 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4492840)
Hold on a minute

If we're going to talk about roles that prevent you from being active in a game that is very dependent of interactions and activity you are going to have to sale that a little harder then that.

Ok, I've been thinking about the consequences of what I'm about to say, I hope this provides clarity. I thought about keeping this a secret but I will have to say this before the EOD incase I die so here's the truth.
I couldn't speak D0 but instead I received the ability to switch the positions of two people at the beginning of N1. I switched AragakiAyase and Charu. This is why several people reacted weird, they thought AA was gonna die or atleast not that Charu was gonna die. So if I die as town, AA is confirmed town (or the wolves tried to kill one of their own lol).

TL;DR AragakiAyase IS CONFIRMED TOWN FOR ME

From now on I'm normal townie and will be scumhunting. I'll post my thoughts about everyone later.

AragakiAyase 11-12-2016 06:26 AM

Oh what the fuck

AragakiAyase 11-12-2016 06:26 AM

So were you scumreading charu?

Pazzaz 11-12-2016 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4492848)
So were you scumreading charu?

No not really, that was not why I chose him. Yes, choosing a scum and a townie and the scum then dying would have been good but the chances for that happening would be pretty low. If I choose two people who are probably townies, if one of them die then I'll know the other is a townie too. I didn't want to throw my ability way and have it not affecting anything.