Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=145930)

roundbox 11-12-2016 12:53 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

A little busy with parents visiting this weekend but I'll try

I really think there are third party roles this game MML, so I disagree with you there. I don't think your assumption that they don't exist is scummy, so you've got that going for you. However, you trying to instantly frame a lynch based on your two assumptions isn't healthy for you.

AragakiAyase 11-12-2016 12:54 AM

it's strange because haku usually manages to attract a lot of attention to himself regardless of alignment and he's just been passed over this game

yeah he replaced but there was plenty of time left

ShadoWolfe 11-12-2016 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4492802)
did anyone besides me actually discuss haku?

I was the first to pressure Aryxi, and I discussed Haku with Haku.

My point is that his wolfleans were the ones that were already laid out on the table, so nothing special about a "mindmeld" there.

YoshL 11-12-2016 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4492803)
A little busy with parents visiting this weekend but I'll try

I really think there are third party roles this game MML, so I disagree with you there. I don't think your assumption that they don't exist is scummy, so you've got that going for you. However, you trying to instantly frame a lynch based on your two assumptions isn't healthy for you.

#mindmeld

MixMasterLar 11-12-2016 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4492797)
Hah, that's funny 'cause I actually thought it'd be funny if someone tinfoiled into that while I was typing it, but figured anyone with a semi-decent grasp of the language would understand that "other options" here relates to "wonder who was gonna die".

What's even funnier is that it isn't either of the options you gave, though. It wasn't a slip, and the "poor vocabulary" comment doesn't apply either because my sentence made grammatical sense. If anything, you could try faulting my word choice, but that still wouldn't apply because the original syntax was not incorrect.

Learn to read, bruh

You knew it looked funny and that someone could take that the wrong way

Yet decided before you hit send anyway because for whatever reason you liked the word choice

Just to say I could fault you for bad word choice when you get called on it, which again you kind of already knew that and decided it was fine before so ???????????

Fuck my ability to read it's my lack of understanding how someone could do those things for those reasons that's making me question you

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4492800)
Aye, i'm not saying to completely discount the assumption, just that it's not a very founded one. Given 20 players, and a mystery setup, shit happens. Even with a larger wolf team, you would expect more than 1 kp per night phase at the very least, otherwise the game would drag on til no tomorrow.

Another completely valid option is that some protective role landed a hit or something, however it's not really good at all for anyone to claim with something as insubstantial as like "hey guys i did xyz during the night and maybe this happened whoops i claimed"

and again, i'm not saying to not look at what charu was thinking, just that assuming that there's a guaranteed wolf in charu's wolfreads is also not really a good way to go about things. Of course, given like, general statistics, there's probably a chance that there may be one, and if there's one thing that ffr twg players don't do as often as they should, it's look at dead player's reads.

juckter was playing ffr quite a bit while not making any posts.

psychoangel also popped into the thread and didn't actually say much.

etc.

1: I like YoshL a little better now. Seems like he's calmed down and is trying.
2: Fuck those players too, but they each at least have one post or more IIRC.

AragakiAyase 11-12-2016 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4492805)

My point is that his wolfleans were the ones that were already laid out on the table, so nothing special about a "mindmeld" there.

oh

eh, I think it would be easy to throw in inactives like freezin did so I disagree, I see where you're coming from though

now about those similarities to hydra 7, and why you didn't want to push them until D2...?

MixMasterLar 11-12-2016 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4492799)
not sure why you'd assume there are no extra 3rd parties because there are plenty of 3rd party roles that don't have killing powers

like lyncher, for one

.....True.

Well fuck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4492804)
it's strange because haku usually manages to attract a lot of attention to himself regardless of alignment and he's just been passed over this game

yeah he replaced but there was plenty of time left

Haku coming in seriously and trying not to post alot is kind of his wolftell. I think Turbo 6 I called him out on it really accurately when he was at 2 post.

The thing about voting him is that he just had the blunder of his life in Turbo 7, and I did kind of expect him to change his entire game regardless of roles after that. I want to see more from him, but if he doesn't ever get back to us I'm really OK with a Haku lynch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4492805)

Pretty sure I pointed out I thought I saw Haku's wolftell on the same page he first posted in.

Pretty sure I was the only one going at YoshL for awhile

Pretty sure I was the first one (or really early) to scumread DFR, and the first to vote for him.

Pretty sure I was one of the first to call out Freezin's big post as garbage

Pretty sure you're full of shit.

ShadoWolfe 11-12-2016 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4492808)
oh

eh, I think it would be easy to throw in inactives like freezin did so I disagree, I see where you're coming from though

now about those similarities to hydra 7, and why you didn't want to push them until D2...?

Re-read parts of hydra over the break in phases (man, that game is looong). The only similarity I could find in your half of the hydra was that your posts read townie, which is why I hadn't brought it up as soon as this phase started. Reading townie is wifom at best, so I'm content with keeping you at null for now. It was more of a feeling than anything yesterday, so I'm keeping an eye out, but that's pretty much all I can do at this point.

ShadoWolfe 11-12-2016 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4492807)
You knew it looked funny and that someone could take that the wrong way

Yet decided before you hit send anyway because for whatever reason you liked the word choice

Just to say I could fault you for bad word choice when you get called on it, which again you kind of already knew that and decided it was fine before so ???????????

Fuck my ability to read it's my lack of understanding how someone could do those things for those reasons that's making me question you

Again, it wasn't bad word choice. I hit send because I'm not gonna break my flow and edit my posts out of paranoia that someone might tinfoil too hard into the words "other options".

The only reason I even responded to your "sliiiiipp" post was because I had thought of the possibility occurring before it did.

As for your last sentence, that's impossible. That couldn't have been the reason you questioned me because I hadn't given "those reasons" before you did, so please don't try to use present knowledge to justify anything in the past.

MixMasterLar 11-12-2016 01:18 AM

OK

1 - Charu has too many post for what little he actually was saying most of the time

2 - He was on Andy's nuts the last leg their after that "I'll toss a coin" post.
What's interesting is that, Andy being a new player, I can totally see Wolf Andy thinking he's been caught and trying to get rid of the only player who noticed. And fast!

Then again I can see someone more experience seeing that situation and thinking Ah yes easy framin' boys

Whole thing stinks. I do want to see more Andy posts though.

Also HEY V YOU GONNA PLAY NOW?

MixMasterLar 11-12-2016 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4492811)
Again, it wasn't bad word choice. I hit send because I'm not gonna break my flow and edit my posts out of paranoia that someone might tinfoil too hard into the words "other options".

The only reason I even responded to your "sliiiiipp" post was because I had thought of the possibility occurring before it did.

As for your last sentence, that's impossible. That couldn't have been the reason you questioned me because I hadn't given "those reasons" before you did, so please don't try to use present knowledge to justify anything in the past.

I'm not. The Justification of my first post is that it looked like a possible slip.

MixMasterLar 11-12-2016 01:22 AM

V left.

Like a bitch

ShadoWolfe 11-12-2016 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4492812)
He was on Andy's nuts the last leg their after that "I'll toss a coin" post.
What's interesting is that, Andy being a new player, I can totally see Wolf Andy thinking he's been caught and trying to get rid of the only player who noticed. And fast!

This is a faulty assumption because it negates the existence of an entire wolfteam would have had input into "Andy's decision".

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4492812)
Then again I can see someone more experience seeing that situation and thinking Ah yes easy framin' boys

Is that what you thought when you saw it, Lar?

MixMasterLar 11-12-2016 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4492815)
This is a faulty assumption because it negates the existence of an entire wolfteam would have had input into "Andy's decision".

Is that what you thought when you saw it, Lar?

1- Maybe, not if he's entire wolfteam is MIA though.
2- You can tell Shado's serious because he bothered to typed Lar.
3- And no, when I first saw it I thought that Wolf Andy was likely, but it dawned on me that would be a stupid assumption to make.

MixMasterLar 11-12-2016 01:30 AM

I typed he's instead of his

Truly I have reached new lows in English

danceflashrevo 11-12-2016 01:37 AM

Okay I'm not reading the thread yet. Sorry I've been gone, I've worked very hard on a project that's being presented at MIT into the late hours, I'm exhausted blah blah blah excuses I'll save you the sob story. Grill me while I'm gone, I'll respond when I wake up, hopefully feeling refreshed.

ShadoWolfe 11-12-2016 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4492816)
1- Maybe, not if he's entire wolfteam is MIA though.
2- You can tell Shado's serious because he bothered to typed Lar.
3- And no, when I first saw it I thought that Wolf Andy was likely, but it dawned on me that would be a stupid assumption to make.

1. If every wolf except one is MIA, I will rant for hours again in both deadchat and postgame. TOO. MANY. WAAAAALLS. will be the dying cry of everyone who will have to suffer my presence in those threads.

2. Yeah, sorta.

3. Fair enough.

MixMasterLar 11-12-2016 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4492819)
1. If every wolf except one is MIA, I will rant for hours again in both deadchat and postgame. TOO. MANY. WAAAAALLS. will be the dying cry of everyone who will have to suffer my presence in those threads.

I'll be right there with you. Shit is garbage

ShadoWolfe 11-12-2016 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4492818)
Okay I'm not reading the thread yet. Sorry I've been gone, I've worked very hard on a project that's being presented at MIT into the late hours, I'm exhausted blah blah blah excuses I'll save you the sob story. Grill me while I'm gone, I'll respond when I wake up, hopefully feeling refreshed.

You think the fact that the project is being presented at MIT makes any difference here?!

It does, and I hate how much it does.

MixMasterLar 11-12-2016 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4492818)

Hey, I appreciate the check in

Just now that I have great expectations for you when you return in hopefully a timely manner and not like at EoD or the next phase or some shit