Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The VideoGame MegaPack 4 (SUBMISSIONS CLOSED)! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=135987)

Fantasticone 03-27-2014 07:34 PM

Re: The VideoGame MegaPack 4!

Anyone mind stepping this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bN_CdttLU8

macgravel 03-27-2014 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasticone (Post 4106808)

Oh man, the memories I had playing this game... :')

rCaliberGX 03-27-2014 08:18 PM

do visual novels count as 'video games'?

NeonSM 03-27-2014 08:32 PM

My file is sent, eagerly looking forward to a review :)

macgravel 03-27-2014 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rCaliberGX (Post 4106831)
do visual novels count as 'video games'?

Yes, they do!

choof 03-27-2014 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wafles (Post 4106753)
i didnt even realize sm supported variable bit rate mp3

sm < 5 does lol

rCaliberGX 03-27-2014 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macgravel (Post 4106843)
Yes, they do!

i see, just sent a file.

blindreper1179 03-27-2014 10:02 PM

One file sent. WOO!

Arntonach 03-27-2014 10:33 PM

Sent something. :)

DigitalS3r4ph 03-27-2014 11:16 PM

Review time!

Inside The Pirate Ship - Keep on trying man. I can definitely see what you're going for here- The patterns are fun given the song, but there was quite a bit that didn't fit in. The chart itself is off sync. You would have a much better time and funner time stepping a file if the arrows are on sync with the notes. Also, I see there was an attempt to add patterns, but they felt forced because they weren't going to any patterns the song was providing. The song itself also lends itself to be much simpler...If you want to step a song from whatever game this is from, try at least starting with the battle themes. Sorry, maybe next time.

Minuit a Fond La Caisse - It's charts like these that really make me love the game. Damn creative dude, nice work. The mines are a big part of the enjoyment (Don't turn them off for this one peeps), and the song is sick! It was cut well, and was a seriously pleasant surprise. I'm familiar with absolutely nothing of today's style of charts, but after being shown this display, I can tell you're a heavy hitter in today's Stepmania simartist age. Looking forward to more submissions. Big YES from me.

Intension - Ristar! One of my favorite games and soundtracks. I'm undecided about the Hard chart since this is one is obviously a score attack type file. I'll give my verdict after I've had a look in the editor at a slow rate to see how well sync and pitch-relevant/stereoscopic that patterns are. The novice version of the chart though is a complete mess lol. It's just a button mash fest to me and I didn't overall enjoy it. It can remain in the complete chart, but to offset that damage I'm going to want to see an easier, fleshed out simple version of the chart for beginner/intermediate players to enjoy. Shouldn't be hard, given the song has many layers, so please indulge us with further exploration of this file.

Thunder Plains - I happen to like this song, and it was not bad, but fairly boring to play. I would suggest (And require since this is previously released - albeit at a small scale) some revisions on the chart to make it more fun. The layering would have to be done differently, with much longer freezes, but even then it would be a tough sell for the pack. Even though it didn't look or feel pitch relevant at all, the colored piano notes were on sync to me, so well done there. I'm going to have to say no for now though.

Wiosna - What's up with ya'll trying to put me to sleep while I'm playing mah stepmanz at past midnight?! Lol. Well, nice work on this one; It's pitch relevant and on sync, and it's not the most offending song to play. This is the kind of song I'd meditate to though, not try to get AAAA's on; I mean, I guess I could try to AAAA this, but I'd probably want to go to bed a few times on the way to that trip, lol. I'll have to see how the pack fleshes out overall in terms of difficulty, but this is a contender for the easiest song in the game I'm going to accept into the pack. :P Undecided I think I'm going to bed now haha.

NeonSM 03-27-2014 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigitalS3r4ph (Post 4106917)
Review time!

Inside The Pirate Ship Sorry, maybe next time.

Well, I am glad that you at least thought the patterns were fun! :) I'm using a bpm analyzing program to auto set the bpm which may have been why the chart wasn't exactly on point. Feeling optimistic though, and will probably pick a song with a little more meat to it for next time. We can submit more than one file, correct?

macgravel 03-27-2014 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeonSM (Post 4106923)
Well, I am glad that you at least thought the patterns were fun! :) I'm using a bpm analyzing program to auto set the bpm which may have been why the chart wasn't exactly on point. Feeling optimistic though, and will probably pick a song with a little more meat to it for next time. We can submit more than one file, correct?

Absolutely! You can submit as many files as you want! :D

DigitalS3r4ph 03-27-2014 11:57 PM

I posted a couple more reviews. I'm getting pretty excited with what I've been seeing so far.

But seriously, guys- If the song has been previously released, at least send in a new/unreleased version of that chart, or it will not be considered.

rCaliberGX 03-28-2014 01:45 AM

rofl wiosna was almost a joke file (10 minutes of effort, bad sync in spots) but i'm working on something more upbeat which i'll send over soon-ish

Charu 03-28-2014 09:55 PM

Alright, sent something.

macgravel 03-28-2014 10:30 PM

Minuit A Fond La Caisse (James May): The chart is solid. My only complaint would be the mines. They don't really seem like they go to anything in particular. Feels like they were just shoved in for the sake of it. Can you give me a little insight into your mine placement? Regardless, the file is definitely enjoyable. Yes.

Inside the Pirate Ship (NeonSM): The main problem with this file is the song. It doesn't really provide much for you to get creative with. A bunch of the notes don't go to anything, but again, mainly the songs fault. Please don't get discouraged, I'd love to see you send in a different file! :D No.

Intension (Blind): I'm really having a hard time telling what the jumps and quick little 48ths are going to. Otherwise there's not much to the file than a giant stream (which is fine with me, it makes me think of the old days). It's not bad, but the song doesn't give you much to work with. Undecided, for now.

Variations of Castle (Charu): WOW. Playing this file actually made me giddy. It's so much fun, the music is awesome, the chart is well done and overall an absolute blast. NO complaints from me! YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES.

Wiosna (rCaliberGX): Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......... (But seriously, if it's a joke file, I don't want it. If you put more effort into it, fix the sync and touch it up a bit, it would be a yes from me. There's nothing wrong with easy files).

Charu 03-28-2014 10:34 PM

Oh, well that's awesome, hahaha.

Credit goes to Gradiant for syncing in case you missed that!

Dynam0 03-28-2014 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macgravel (Post 4106986)
Variations of Castle (Charu): WOW. Playing this file actually made me giddy. It's so much fun, the music is awesome, the chart is well done and overall an absolute blast. NO complaints from me! YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES.

macgravel 03-28-2014 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macgravel (Post 4106986)
Minuit A Fond La Caisse (James May): The chart is solid. My only complaint would be the mines. They don't really seem like they go to anything in particular. Feels like they were just shoved in for the sake of it. Can you give me a little insight into your mine placement? Regardless, the file is definitely enjoyable. Yes.

Inside the Pirate Ship (NeonSM): The main problem with this file is the song. It doesn't really provide much for you to get creative with. A bunch of the notes don't go to anything, but again, mainly the songs fault. Please don't get discouraged, I'd love to see you send in a different file! :D No.

Intension (Blind): I'm really having a hard time telling what the jumps and quick little 48ths are going to. Otherwise there's not much to the file than a giant stream (which is fine with me, it makes me think of the old days). It's not bad, but the song doesn't give you much to work with. Undecided, for now.

Wiosna (rCaliberGX): Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......... (But seriously, if it's a joke file, I don't want it. If you put more effort into it, fix the sync and touch it up a bit, it would be a yes from me. There's nothing wrong with easy files).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynam0 (Post 4106993)

Pretty much, hahaha.

blindreper1179 03-29-2014 01:33 AM

Tsuka review:
Intension - Ristar! One of my favorite games and soundtracks. I'm undecided about the Hard chart since this is one is obviously a score attack type file. I'll give my verdict after I've had a look in the editor at a slow rate to see how well sync and pitch-relevant/stereoscopic that patterns are. The novice version of the chart though is a complete mess lol. It's just a button mash fest to me and I didn't overall enjoy it. It can remain in the complete chart, but to offset that damage I'm going to want to see an easier, fleshed out simple version of the chart for beginner/intermediate players to enjoy. Shouldn't be hard, given the song has many layers, so please indulge us with further exploration of this file.

My take: The Beginner chart is everything layered in, and what people like to play now n' days. Well, at least some people. Overlayered pieces of work. This chart doesn't have PR if any at all. The hard chart is just the main part of the song and the third layer. This is some type of instrument I can't put my finger on that I followed. The second layer is skipped in this chart, it doesn't follow the bass at all. I have a chart for just following the 48th stream and another chart for the bass/third layer if you'd like to take a look. Also, I have a perfect idea for an easier chart. Probably two easy ones.

Macgravel review:

My take: Like I previously mentioned, I have a chart for each layer to show what I followed if you'd like to look as well. With it being so short, and only three things to follow, mainly only one, I did what I could do.

Thanks for reviewing guys!