Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Value of the credit and credit sinks (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=127959)

Netjet! 12-15-2012 04:02 PM

Re: Value of the credit and credit sinks

Quote:

Originally Posted by i love you (Post 3819003)
I also agree with Michael.

Also, is it me or did the gambling hall got disabled again lol

Yeah it did lol

DossarLX ODI 12-15-2012 04:02 PM

The gambling hall obviously should be disabled. If that negative credit bug still exists, resetting to zero wouldn't mean crap when you can go on alts and getting a million right after the reset.

Velocity 12-15-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 3819006)
The gambling hall obviously should be disabled. If that negative credit bug still exists, resetting to zero wouldn't mean crap when you can go on alts and getting a million right after the reset.

I'm working on fixing it.

Riotpolice 12-15-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 3819008)
I'm working on fixing it.

This is why FFR needs more velocity.

Velocity 12-15-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riotpolice (Post 3819009)
This is why FFR needs more velocity.

No, if I had left it all alone everything would be fine.

TC_Halogen 12-15-2012 04:10 PM

In my opinion, the best solution would be to reset the credits to GTS / 50,000 after the gambling hall is fixed. Regardless of whether or not people have had alternate accounts with credits on them, they had to play (or win some sort of event) to get credits on them. The best measure of how many credits you have (should have) is that formula, anyway.

This should be done AFTER the exploit is patched, though.

EDIT: If you want to go further, you can do (GTS / 50,000) - (total credits spent on shop items). This might not account for untracked credit expenditures, but it still removes a shitton of the credits sitting in FFR.

Thank about it: Velocity removed nearly 15,000,000 credits on FFR in one day using the gambling hall. How much do you think THIS will remove?

DossarLX ODI 12-15-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3819011)
In my opinion, the best solution would be to reset the credits to GTS / 50,000 after the gambling hall is fixed. Regardless of whether or not people have had alternate accounts with credits on them, they had to play (or win some sort of event) to get credits on them. The best measure of how many credits you have (should have) is that formula, anyway.

This should be done AFTER the exploit is patched, though.

While I can see where this is going, the fact that people can send credits around would soon make the GTS/50,000 thing irrelevant.

Velocity 12-15-2012 04:15 PM

I fixed the exploit, it was an idiotic mistake. I should quit coding.

NoPrivacy 12-15-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 3819017)

Mistakes happen, you've done more than enough good for the community anyway. Just shrug it off man, you're good at what you do.

dAnceguy117 12-15-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

that feel, bro...

Velocity 12-15-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoPrivacy (Post 3819019)
Mistakes happen, you've done more than enough good for the community anyway. Just shrug it off man, you're good at what you do.

It was the mistake I made, I compared the bet wager against the bet wager, and not your credits. lol

Well it's back for the final time, if someone finds another bug in it, it's gone for good.

TC_Halogen 12-15-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 3819016)
While I can see where this is going, the fact that people can send credits around would soon make the GTS/50,000 thing irrelevant.

How so? If all of the totals are reset based off of their grandtotals, then alternate accounts under the possession of a person would also have the credits equal to their grandtotal (what they have earned actually playing the game).

If the credits were reset to 0 for everyone, people could play on main and alternate accounts and just resend it to their main accounts anyway - double standard.

rushyrulz 12-15-2012 04:21 PM

Here we go again..

dAnceguy117 12-15-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 3819021)
Well it's back for the final time, if someone finds another bug in it, it's gone for good.

that's not how testing should work :/

qqwref 12-15-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

I fixed the exploit

Awesome. Here's to hoping the gambling hall can stay (glitch free)!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 3819016)
the fact that people can send credits around would soon make the GTS/50,000 thing irrelevant.

This. After a couple of months of people buying stuff for creds, tournaments giving out millions at once, and gambling hall (if still enabled), it'll be back like we have it now, just with different people being rich and a bit less credits overall. And all the people who did legitimate hard work - tournament and event wins, profile creation, and so on - to get the credits they currently have will be totally screwed over.

Velocity 12-15-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 (Post 3819026)
that's not how testing should work :/

Testing isn't supposed to be public either. :p

NoPrivacy 12-15-2012 04:24 PM

Without testing being public, it's harder to find said bugs.

dAnceguy117 12-15-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 3819028)
Testing isn't supposed to be public either. :p

true that. if the current credit economy is a big deal, could you have some closed beta testing? I think seeing a new site feature get scrapped would be kinda discouraging.

Velocity 12-15-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 (Post 3819034)
true that. if the current credit economy is a big deal, could you have some closed beta testing? I think seeing a new site feature get scrapped would be kinda discouraging.

It's neither new, nor likely to get scrapped now, since everything seems fine.

Razor 12-15-2012 04:30 PM

if i lose all my credits cause u fucktards cant use the hall correctly, im gonna be mad