Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Value of the credit and credit sinks (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=127959)

Charu 12-8-2012 02:21 PM

Re: Value of the credit and credit sinks

Then I wouldn't be able to play the fantastic Staring at My Spaceship file.

=C

UserNameGoesHere 12-11-2012 11:14 AM

I think FFR could have more minigames or something. You could both earn and spend credits on them as well. For some reason this idea wasn't popular last time this topic was brought up. I don't know why -- why wouldn't you want to have more games?

I just think there's only so much you can do with just FFR, the game, itself. Why not expand with additional games?

Untimely Friction 12-11-2012 12:17 PM

Minigames eh... SLOTS~

igotrhythm 12-11-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserNameGoesHere (Post 3816624)
I think FFR could have more minigames or something. You could both earn and spend credits on them as well. For some reason this idea wasn't popular last time this topic was brought up. I don't know why -- why wouldn't you want to have more games?

I just think there's only so much you can do with just FFR, the game, itself. Why not expand with additional games?

I think this was the idea in 2007 or so. Token hunting, MeTrivia, vidchat, SIU, R2, multiplayer...truly the site's golden age. Of course, back then we had the active userbase to warrant such expansion. I maintain that the downtime will be something from which we might never fully recover.

rushyrulz 12-11-2012 11:47 PM

Bring back punch Tass!

popsicle_3000 12-12-2012 07:00 AM

what was ^^?

MrPoptart 12-12-2012 08:05 AM

maybe we could "rent" special song packs? =p
or we could just have a song that costs a mill creds to buy.
or more rich sponsored tournies focused more toward lower skilled player (players more likely to need credits)

idk I only have 90k and I haven't even bought all the songs yet. I assume most of the richer players get their cash from tournies?

Edit: punch tass - Pic
winning gave you 15cr, losing took 5, but you were more likely to lose.
everytime he got punched, it sent him a PM

-> Edit: on another forum we had this game where you could steal random amounts of credits from someone, but if you did, your name would go on the list of people able to steal from, and it would send you a PM telling who stole how much from you. we did it for a month iirc and you could only steal from the same person once a day.

popsicle_3000 12-12-2012 09:19 AM

LMAO that punch tass game. why are all these good things in the past :(

icontrolyourworld 12-12-2012 09:30 AM

How about an unlockable genre (100k credits) where veterans can add their own simfiles to the genre (up to a limit, let's say 5 files) and it costs credits to add files to the genre (let's say 10k credits) while it's free to remove your own files. All files added to the genre we should have permission for and anyone who has unlocked the genre (including non vets) can play any of the files added to it.

Just throwing something out there. I don't know how many people this would interest, but it could be cool

Pseudo Enigma 12-12-2012 02:46 PM

is there even a possibility of this happening? Every time a topic is brought up like this, everyone is on board, and then we have no follow through from the important people.

I don't want to put a hex on the whole thing, I just wanted to point it out so it won't happen again..

icontrolyourworld 12-13-2012 10:39 PM

My idea is actually pretty bad
but like what would you spend a million credits on?

qqwref 12-14-2012 12:54 AM

I dunno. Sometimes you get people giving out huge quantities of credits but most of the time they just want to keep them. Whether I have 300k or 3mil sitting in my account doesn't affect much - I mean, yeah, sure, I could give someone credits for something or donate a chunk to a tournament, but the actual value of an additional 100k is very low. Compare that to a new active player who will have a seriously hard time amassing 100k without tournaments, placing high in events, finding someone generous, etc.

I do think it's about time to change the secret genre to something based on grandtotal, though. Let's suppose a song requires 100k. So you have to keep 100k in your account at all times to play it? Is this the behavior we want? Imagine instead we converted it to grandtotal, at 50k points per credit - that's 5 billion GTS. So now instead of requiring a certain credit count, it requires a certain grandtotal count, and once you are over that number you are ALWAYS over it. You can spend your credits at will on fun stuff and you just need to be able to get enough to purchase new songs.

The only thing is that the admins have to be reasonable and not put in stuff that requires too much. Because at that point even an extremely active, high-tier player will have to play for a long time to amass it. (Dossar has 8.something billion and that's AFTER he got 1.6 bil in a day.) So maybe we should make sure these things don't go above 5 billion or so. Instead of putting epic long songs further into the secret genre, we should be having them as awesome tokens. A lot of them would be really great with courses, e.g. staring at my spaceship might require you to FC a couple of Virt songs in a row.

igotrhythm 12-14-2012 01:15 AM

And we have the 50bil GTS for vROFL, so it's not like we haven't done this sort of thing before.

qqwref 12-14-2012 01:22 AM

By the way, going off of the 1.6 billion figure, it takes about 15 hours of solid, optimized grandtotal whoring to amass a billion points. The real figure will be quite a bit more than that because most people don't constantly full combo VS Boss Battle. So when we say 5 billion GTS we're talking about at LEAST 75 solid hours of gameplay. That's nothing to scoff at.

swordmasterz 12-14-2012 01:48 AM

I feel like credits shouldn't even be a thing, as they currently exist on this site. It's fair to have a song shop and such but there are plenty of other ways to get 'unlockable' songs outside of this system (e.g. current skill token system; general 'achieve x playcount/score', etc.).

I'm only saying this because even though there are plenty of good ideas to implement credit sinks, I feel like right now there aren't enough people with enough motivation to actually go ahead and code it in. It'd be nice to have such luxuries like gambling halls and minigames, but if no one is going to step up to make that stuff happen, then what's the point?

Credits are also really subpar prizes for tournaments and payment for odd-jobs (graphics and such). Shitty incentives are shitty.

In terms of the secret genre issue, I think that for the current system it would be reasonable to allow secret songs to stay unlocked after the credit amount required to unlock that song exists, as Zag was saying. However I'd be much more inclined to just move all those to purchasable songs, it'd just make more sense. A "secret" genre should not refer to your credit e-peen, which suffice to say doesn't have to be very large to have all the songs anyway.

tl;dr just get rid of credits unless one of you staff wants to step up and code these suggestions

Velocity 12-14-2012 03:57 AM

I'm going to try something for awhile:
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/gambling/

hi19hi19 12-14-2012 04:00 AM

i betteded

Velocity 12-14-2012 04:02 AM

Lost 100k already, o well.

Xx{Midnight}xX 12-14-2012 04:04 AM

Jon if that was you

I won them 'cause I put up a 100k

Velocity 12-14-2012 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX (Post 3817954)
Jon if that was you

I won them 'cause I put up a 100k

I know you won them, I checked the logs. ;D