Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   World of Warcraft (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=103683)

Grandiagod 05-18-2009 10:47 PM

Re: World of Warcraft

after a 3 week raiding hiatus due to finals we downed kologarn, auriaya and got hodir to 30% on our third try. We would've killed Hodir but it was getting pretty late since we stopped right after auriaya to go kill Vault bosses before our WG timer ran out.

Ground_Breaker 05-18-2009 11:08 PM

Got Thorim in 10-man tonight, tanking the arena was crazy fun. Haven't been that challenged during an encounter since probably Kael'thas.

Had our first look at Mimiron too..and boy was he fun. Our healers were pretty shocked when they discovered just how much damage is being thrown around in phase 1, which we didn't get past...

Also, that tram you take to get to him was honestly the coolest thing I've seen in this expansion so far. The music was so perfect, it just made it an awesome experience.

Grandiagod 05-18-2009 11:09 PM

also bragging for our last hodir attempt.

tsugomaru 05-18-2009 11:31 PM

What? How is your guild not taking shit loads of damage on Hodir. In the 10 man version, I went over 2 million healing.

~Tsugomaru

Grandiagod 05-18-2009 11:47 PM

I think that attempt we only got him 45%.

Tank died then everyone else pretty much died.

devonin 05-18-2009 11:55 PM

What are you using to mod the chat to only show the first character of channel names, and colour-code speakers by class?

Ground_Breaker 05-19-2009 12:02 AM

I'm not sure if he's using it or something else just based on those pics, but Prat does the abbreviating and class coloring.

Grandiagod 05-19-2009 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 3078435)
What are you using to mod the chat to only show the first character of channel names, and colour-code speakers by class?

phanxchat

Gano 05-19-2009 01:58 AM

Finally got into one of my guilds 10 mans for Ulduar, I don't raid on offnights from 25 so I rarely get the chance, fun stuff! One shots for everything up until Mimiron where we called it for the night. Finally got a piece of t8 too, blah.

On 25 though we're having stupid problems with Thorim that I don't understand, we've been stuck on him 2 weeks straight now. I'm not sure how many we have in the tunnel compared to the arena, like 10/15. I've only been in the tunnel though, our stupid arena group keeps wiping every single time, it's pretty frustrating. I was on arena side for my 10 and I didn't know anything besides my add priority going in and it was just fine. Apparently half my guild is retarded.

[edit] Thanks Grandi thats a good mod

Tokzic 05-19-2009 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gano (Post 3078499)
Finally got into one of my guilds 10 mans for Ulduar, I don't raid on offnights from 25 so I rarely get the chance, fun stuff! One shots for everything up until Mimiron where we called it for the night. Finally got a piece of t8 too, blah.

On 25 though we're having stupid problems with Thorim that I don't understand, we've been stuck on him 2 weeks straight now. I'm not sure how many we have in the tunnel compared to the arena, like 10/15. I've only been in the tunnel though, our stupid arena group keeps wiping every single time, it's pretty frustrating. I was on arena side for my 10 and I didn't know anything besides my add priority going in and it was just fine. Apparently half my guild is retarded.

[edit] Thanks Grandi thats a good mod

holy **** gano are we having the exact same guild experience or what

i went to my first real 10-man a few days ago and got my first piece of tier 8 too and we stopped on mimiron too

and my guild has been stuck on thorim for two weeks too (except it was because have a lot of people absent or with computer problems)

on the other hand, we just downed freya tonight

tsugomaru 05-19-2009 02:36 AM

nah brah it's easy man just kill it

~Tsugomaru

Squeek 05-19-2009 03:41 AM

yeah bro you suck if you can't even kill freya damn just hit it until it dies bro

for people who don't use IRC: tokzic is an asshole in irc bragging about how every boss our guild struggles to kill was nothing more than a tank-and-spank for his

Grandiagod 05-19-2009 03:43 AM

Gotta look cool on the internets.

ImEric12 05-19-2009 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek (Post 3078088)
If you try to just kill him, he'll root you in place and run away, leaving you to get beat on by the other three guys.

Clearly you haven't been druiding long enough. Roots are the biggest lol as a druid, you just shift forms and they break.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek (Post 3078172)
Elemental is better >_>

Well, not really. Enhance is technically better DPS. I just vastly prefer Elemental since the gear switch over to Restoration is minor. And because I get to roll on a totally unique set of gear. And the unique raid buffs.

I'm not much of a fan of caster DPS. I've got balance gear on my druid, so if I really want I can do that, but running in and kicking the crap out of stuff is way more fun. Also, the amount of "oh ****" buttons enhancement has is ridiculous. I pop wolves->shamanistic rage->bloodlust->blood fury (orc racial)->ap trinket and anything that gets near me dies. I was doing the Harold Lane DEHTA quest, and while killing him I guess a mage attacked me and died in my wake, completely by accident. I only knew he attacked me because I saw his corpse afterwards, and looked in the combat log.

Squeek 05-19-2009 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImEric12 (Post 3078610)
Clearly you haven't been druiding long enough. Roots are the biggest lol as a druid, you just shift forms and they break.

Causing me to lose all my energy and completely open to attacks in my super quick mana-drain form. Yeah, that's really beneficial.

Not talented in Master Shapeshifter yet. Only level 26.

Grandiagod 05-19-2009 07:02 AM

See I would like melee DPS if every single fight wasn't:

MELEE STACK
MELEE OUT
MELEE RUN AROUND BECAUSE THIS BOSS NEEDS TO BE KITED AROUND THE ROOM

Yeah it's fun to do that but when I can just sit back and press my pew button and top meters I'd rather not go through the hassle.

tsugomaru 05-19-2009 09:19 AM

If you add pink pokeballs to the ground on trash, they will surely die.

~Tsugomaru

Brycexx 05-19-2009 09:46 AM

Alliance

Puzzling - 80 Priest Aerie Peak
Bollixed - 72 Druid Aerie Peak
Enticing - 70 Hunter Aerie Peak
Serpensortia - 48 Lock Aerie Peak
phenotype - 34 Shaman Aerie Peak

Horde (Recruit a friend is easy level mode takes 2 days to hit 60)

Aptitude - 61 rogue Blackrock
Endowment - 60 Deathknight Blackrock
Perception - 51 Pally Blackrock

ImEric12 05-19-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek (Post 3078614)
Causing me to lose all my energy and completely open to attacks in my super quick mana-drain form. Yeah, that's really beneficial.

Not talented in Master Shapeshifter yet. Only level 26.

Ahh, but a wee laddie.

Yeah, I remember getting Furor. It was awesome. (Used to be even better when you could powershift for more energy)

Also, my guild just downed Freya and Thorim, but I couldn't raid this week so I wasn't there =(

Kagome 05-19-2009 02:40 PM

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/2512/vezaxc.jpg

For those who forget my character's name I'm the one in with the bunny ears and dress.

Got some attempts on Yogg too which was fun stuff.