Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Films and Television (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Starting an anime BD release group (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=136965)

Rebirth0 05-14-2014 02:12 PM

Starting an anime BD release group

After seeing some release groups do some BD releases, I noticed its quite easy to do, especially if you don't have to translate and sub the anime yourself. Some groups use other peoples subs and modify them. Final8 does this and his stuff is very popular. Coalgirls does it to a certain extent, with multiple languages, though they have the ability to completely translate something themselves if they want to

I'm looking for something to do during my free time this summer and during the school year, and probably beyond that that I can enjoy. I enjoy animu, and I collect blurays, so why not have some blurays in my collection that I can say I worked on?

So I'll be starting a BD release group. I'm posting this thread to ask for possible name suggestions for the group, and to possible recruit ONE or TWO people to help do the same stuff.

As of right now, my group name is redfraction. I repurchased the http://redfraction.us domain and have plans to use that as the website for my releases. But there might be a better name out there I could use. Any suggestions are welcome. I'm not restricted to using redfraction because I purchased the domain. I could use a subdomain of that website or even purchase a different domain for this project. Domains are $4... that's fucking cheap

As for recruiting, it would be nice to have one or two people that are also interested in doing encoding and some sub editing/typesetting (no translation work is really needed). This is not difficult work, 30 minutes of research goes a long way, and I can supply you with the programs to use. My thought is if I have 3 people total, we can do one series each and pump out more releases. Izzy is potentially going to help out, so one more person would be great.

Plans right now are to do Kill la Kill BD. That's the one I'm working on. Next is Maria Holic Alive (season 2) because there isn't a bluray release for that for some reason

Thoughts? Comments?

choof 05-14-2014 02:17 PM

Re: Starting an anime BD release group

the nice thing about reviving redfraction as an anime community instead of a stepmania community is that even less people will care when it dies

choof 05-14-2014 02:18 PM

Konami Presents RedFraction III: The Final

Rebirth0 05-14-2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4135256)
the nice thing about reviving redfraction as an anime community instead of a stepmania comunnity is that even less people will care when it dies

more likely chances are that it won't even kick off anyway. I spend $4 on the domain and $4 per month on hosting. I don't give a fuck

I actually revived the domain because I'm doing computer science in college and I actually want to use it to work on my own things, potentially for a giant senior project. If it becomes a stepmania/animu community again that's just a bonus

Izzy 05-14-2014 02:20 PM

I'd really prefer a different name and not even worry about a website. Some kind of community website with a forum is already bound to fail.

Just needs a short and simple name or none at all. The purpose is to watch BDs with subs, not to make a name for yourself with other peoples content. It already bothers me when other people slap their name on shit they didn't make.

Tyson ultima 05-14-2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4135257)
konami presents redfraction iii: The final

your welcome

Duplica 05-14-2014 02:46 PM

well last time red fraction came up we had that ripped dossar thread that went on for like 30 pages

choof 05-14-2014 03:04 PM

we also got #basedkayla doing some cool things in shoutbox

so maybe this should happen

Rebirth0 05-14-2014 10:51 PM

Decided on a better release group name. [BestGirl]. Where we can shitpost best girls in every series and piss everyone off as we release shit they'll watch

Zageron 05-14-2014 10:58 PM

crf 17 pls

GuidoHunter 05-15-2014 01:30 PM

The fuck is a BD?

--Guido

choof 05-15-2014 01:34 PM

it's : D with sunglasses

Izzy 05-15-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuidoHunter (Post 4135819)
The fuck is a BD?

--Guido

Blu-ray Disc, as opposed to a Digital Video Disc.

kommisar 05-15-2014 07:00 PM

it's a republican's nightmare

Rebirth0 05-17-2014 04:13 AM

Did my first release, volume 1 of Kill la Kill. Will be fun/annoying/frustrating

http://bestgirlbd.blogspot.com/

blog is a work in progress as fuck because it looks like shit right now and will probably translate into a website eventually but I don't care right now

ddr_f4n 05-17-2014 09:07 AM

Well at least Nonon is best girl that I can agree on.