Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149562)

the sun fan 08-17-2018 03:48 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradiant (Post 4642297)
nah I don't though.

\_(ツ)_/

he's probably town for it

inDheart 08-17-2018 03:51 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradiant (Post 4642282)
I get a weird feeling reading this of an attempt to setup up a future lynch if people went onto cel (which would be reasonable since a pearl vote was indeed lazy). If you were a wolf you'd know if cel was town or not and it'd be easy to push that agenda through.

cel kinda has to flip for that opportunity, and i'd be on the record arguing against using the pearl vote as a reason to lynch him already before he was really viable or being voted

as insulting as it is to myself, i'm not sure i think that far ahead

i'm actually just realizing now that with the pearl vote, he hits a note that he wanted to use in the turbo where he's fine shrug-lynching generally inactive people, and supposedly that carries over from the FE game, but it wasn't a thing i was thinking when he made the vote, and it just might not mean much for him here

the sun fan 08-17-2018 03:51 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradiant (Post 4642298)
you used to be better than that

I /am/ as good as I am

this is a nice, polite game so I take your criticism but if I called everything wolfy because it didn't make sense or because I didn't agree with it then I'd usually run out of lynches pretty quickly

its not a read that I think he would be too likely to make up as a wolf

its not /just/ calling blind out for not doing anything, its calling blind out for not doing something when blind has a valid excuse for not being in the thread AND for saying the valid excuse

its like... a bit too awkward to be w/w in my mind.

I get pointing out when your partners aren't doing anything, I'm the king of that. The difference here is in blowjob your partners got lynched and mine tend not to.

So please, don't say I used to be better. I haven't gotten worse or soft with the years. I am more likely to be right here than you are.

inDheart 08-17-2018 03:52 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradiant (Post 4642287)
I'm not comparing myself to zenith here, i'm pointing out that it's super easy to get town cred by pointing out that a teammate that isn't doing anything is in fact, not doing anything. Look at the result too, you're saying you liked the post.

oh i forgot they were the wolves in that game
got it, now we're on the same page

the sun fan 08-17-2018 03:52 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
I am maybe too easily triggered this game sry

Celirra 08-17-2018 03:53 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
So how about that wolf shyto-ing
Ha get it

Gradiant 08-17-2018 03:54 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4642303)
I am maybe too easily triggered this game sry

yeah, I was just pointing out that you've gone from being strong on reads and set on what you thought with reasoning to being wishy washy and using stuff like 'it's bad but idk'. You're the one bragging that you're better than me.

Celirra 08-17-2018 03:55 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4642261)
i thought i was treating you with similar degrees of force considering you both were on about the sunfan posts? what difference do you see

also i thought you weren't there on xiz either but this post feels like you'd know he's town

also i'm realizing now this is probably a joke but it really is an odd one



from these posts?








first one seems to be reacting to posts that are not very indicative, mindset-type stuff which isn't really about the game

it puts her on the defensive but you do the good thing at least and try to get thoughts out of her and then you don't really like those thoughts

i don't really care about the reactions to pressure, more that the thoughts do seem noncommittal or lazy in that cluster, yeah

i sorta like her remembering fg exists? like she's placing value on trying to get fg right this game instead of letting her just be lynchbait, so wonder what you think about that bit



yeah i'll hold onto it

back when i started playing, he was a valid d0 wagon/lynch option so i've seen it happen, at least

i assume you mean fishy but why "if/when"
maybe i should go buy a fish

I'll say it's especially the response to the pressure
And I dont quite know where you're getting that about xiz
And I dont quite know why remembering fg exists helps
And I dont quite get what you mean by the if/when questioning
I dont quite to a lot of things I guess

Gradiant 08-17-2018 03:56 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4642304)
So how about that wolf shyto-ing
Ha get it

This is my first game with syhto so i have absolutely no idea when it comes to difference between now and however long ago it was when they played more.

inDheart 08-17-2018 03:56 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4642304)
So how about that wolf shyto-ing
Ha get it

i mean i did post about it if you actually wanna talk about it

Celirra 08-17-2018 03:58 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradiant (Post 4642307)
This is my first game with syhto so i have absolutely no idea when it comes to difference between now and however long ago it was when they played more.

I mean I'm in the same boat but meta reading is a crutch anyways tbh

Syhto 08-17-2018 03:58 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
ok im home now

the sun fan 08-17-2018 03:59 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradiant (Post 4642305)
yeah, I was just pointing out that you've gone from being strong on reads and set on what you thought with reasoning to being wishy washy and using stuff like 'it's bad but idk'. You're the one bragging that you're better than me.

With all the jokes about trigger phrases, telling me I used to be better will never not bother me regardless of whether or not the person Is better/worse than me and regardless of how well i have been/am playing

Celirra 08-17-2018 04:00 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4642308)
i mean i did post about it if you actually wanna talk about it

I did reply, and I think while theres a chance I'm being a bit hard, you're kinda being a bit hazy about your implications regarding it but that's neither here nor there
Is your verdict that she's ultimately null then? Does that push her into the upper half of wolfiness or the lower half of wolfiness in this game so far?

Syhto 08-17-2018 04:00 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
meta reading is dumb and honestly I'm not trying to be anti-town or anything, I will say I don't think I was trying to shrug off pressure, in any way shape or form. I really shouldn't post at work because,

a) I'm already irritated at work
b) I can't navigate the forums or type effectively enough to respond to anything pressing

so sorry about that

inDheart 08-17-2018 04:00 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4642306)
I'll say it's especially the response to the pressure
And I dont quite know where you're getting that about xiz
And I dont quite know why remembering fg exists helps
And I dont quite get what you mean by the if/when questioning
I dont quite to a lot of things I guess

lol ninja'd ok

the xiz thing is like, i think it's weird that on our hypothetical wolf team you're saying i distanced from you but not him

i'm asking, what do you think about syhto wanting to try to read fg correctly, after seeing her get mislynched the first day of the last two games? remembering she exists would mean it's a read she feels is important to have

thought the "if/when" was implying backpack was definitely going to get fishy at some point, and also that he's not currently

Gradiant 08-17-2018 04:01 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4642311)
With all the jokes about trigger phrases, telling me I used to be better will never not bother me regardless of whether or not the person Is better/worse than me and regardless of how well i have been/am playing

whatever you say dude
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4642309)
I mean I'm in the same boat but meta reading is a crutch anyways tbh

I brought that up because that was one of the main things sunfan brought up about syhto. There's certainly looking at their posts and not previous meta yeah. But I haven't done that yet.

inDheart 08-17-2018 04:02 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4642312)
I did reply, and I think while theres a chance I'm being a bit hard, you're kinda being a bit hazy about your implications regarding it but that's neither here nor there
Is your verdict that she's ultimately null then? Does that push her into the upper half of wolfiness or the lower half of wolfiness in this game so far?

yeah pretty much
i'd say upper half but that's too easy, i just don't have a lot of towns atm and am having trouble finding them and seeing where people are coming from

basically i'm unconfident and don't really see it as the slam dunk you seem to, def want development on the reads, don't mind the responses to pressure

Celirra 08-17-2018 04:08 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4642314)
lol ninja'd ok

the xiz thing is like, i think it's weird that on our hypothetical wolf team you're saying i distanced from you but not him

i'm asking, what do you think about syhto wanting to try to read fg correctly, after seeing her get mislynched the first day of the last two games? remembering she exists would mean it's a read she feels is important to have

thought the "if/when" was implying backpack was definitely going to get fishy at some point, and also that he's not currently

I think everyone gets fishy at some point or another tbh

I think you're taking satire as tragedy

I dont know if I thought as much about funnygurl as that and that sounds like a stretch by a weeeee tad bit

Celirra 08-17-2018 04:09 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4642316)
yeah pretty much
i'd say upper half but that's too easy, i just don't have a lot of towns atm and am having trouble finding them and seeing where people are coming from

basically i'm unconfident and don't really see it as the slam dunk you seem to, def want development on the reads, don't mind the responses to pressure

I mean I dont have a slam dunk or anything either here but I definitely did just juke from a star defenseman and might consider jumping soon

Syhto 08-17-2018 04:13 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
sorry meta reads aren't entirely dumb I just love putting my foot in my mouth for some reason it seems

I'll repost my reads and elaborate more in a bit. I do see how what I said could be taken as lazy/noncommittal, because they pretty much were just that; ghosts of thoughts running through my mind at that moment, not founded in anything and basically unhelpful

so that is my fault

I'll get better I promise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Celirra 08-17-2018 04:14 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
You dont have to apologize for stuff eh

Syhto 08-17-2018 04:15 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
im just posting how I feel, I regret not being thorough but I'll use it as a learning opportunity is all I'm saying, I'm relearning how to play still

Celirra 08-17-2018 04:16 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Fun fact, its impossible to be good at twg
It's possible to be bad but I dont think you're bad based on your jtwg

Syhto 08-17-2018 04:23 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
ok. Well I still don't think you are green, Cel.

I get the feeling that you are trying way too hard to seem town rn

Celirra 08-17-2018 04:25 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Meta is dumb and self meta is dumber but that's interesting because I always thought I was a natural wolf by tone when town

who_cares973 08-17-2018 04:27 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
The back and forth between Sunfan and ind was weird but maybe it's because I don't really understand what's going on. I'll reread and see if I come to a different conclusion.

I haven't had a chance to read to go back and compare sythos jtwg game to this one so far but her frustration seems real. I don't think it's alignment indicative though.

the sun fan 08-17-2018 04:27 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4642325)
Meta is dumb and self meta is dumber but that's interesting because I always thought I was a natural wolf by tone when town

this makes no sense, sensically

who_cares973 08-17-2018 04:28 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
I also apparently can't see what's going on with dbp and don't get it

who_cares973 08-17-2018 04:28 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Syhto why am I towny

who_cares973 08-17-2018 04:30 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Actually thinking about it. You agreeing with Sunfan that I'm towny is very much like your jtwg game. You tended to echo people a lot last game

the sun fan 08-17-2018 04:36 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 4642330)
Actually thinking about it. You agreeing with Sunfan that I'm towny is very much like your jtwg game. You tended to echo people a lot last game

NOW you get it!

Celirra 08-17-2018 04:47 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4642327)
this makes no sense, sensically

At least cognitive dissonance makes sense and so does looking for a needle within a field of hay bales

the sun fan 08-17-2018 04:52 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4642332)
At least cognitive dissonance makes sense and so does looking for a needle within a field of hay bales

if you're town a part of you that you may not even be aware of is doing this because I triggered you in the turbo and you're hoping I'm wolf

^the above is a deep thought

the sun fan 08-17-2018 04:53 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
ngl the towniest thing about Syhto by far is that avatar its absolutely stellar

YoshL 08-17-2018 04:54 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Votes from post 5 to post 675
Night in 6:06:33

---

Celirra 08-17-2018 05:01 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
I actually dont even remember what triggered me but I do remember being triggered

inDheart 08-17-2018 05:15 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 4642326)
The back and forth between Sunfan and ind was weird but maybe it's because I don't really understand what's going on. I'll reread and see if I come to a different conclusion.

I haven't had a chance to read to go back and compare sythos jtwg game to this one so far but her frustration seems real. I don't think it's alignment indicative though.

i wanted to ask sunfan a question that'd get him to engage with dbp's posts

he basically said he'd be able to figure it out some later, but there was one thing he liked, which i asked him to go find, and then i questioned why he liked it

after that is him going back over the read and trying to decide whether it's good or not

hope that helps with the understanding bit; maybe you can tell me why it's weird if it still is

who_cares973 08-17-2018 05:15 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Was it about blinking too much

who_cares973 08-17-2018 05:15 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
That was @celery

who_cares973 08-17-2018 05:18 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4642340)
i wanted to ask sunfan a question that'd get him to engage with dbp's posts

he basically said he'd be able to figure it out some later, but there was one thing he liked, which i asked him to go find, and then i questioned why he liked it

after that is him going back over the read and trying to decide whether it's good or not

hope that helps with the understanding bit; maybe you can tell me why it's weird if it still is

Okay yeah that helps. It was definitely weird because I didn't understand what the back and forth was about

Celirra 08-17-2018 05:19 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 4642341)
Was it about blinking too much

You're as big of a bully as yoshl

the sun fan 08-17-2018 05:25 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
cel I don't feel the greatest about u either u feel pretty similar as well

Celirra 08-17-2018 05:43 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
ToNe Is A gOoD eVaLuAtIoN tOol

the sun fan 08-17-2018 05:43 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4642346)
ToNe Is A gOoD eVaLuAtIoN tOol

I didn't say t0an
I said feel

Celirra 08-17-2018 05:46 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
FeEl Is A gOoD eVaLuAtIoN tOoL

Celirra 08-17-2018 05:47 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
if i learned anything from physics and/or chemistry it's that qualitative measures are poor for evaluation due to lack of precision and consistency
so unless you're measuring my friction or temperature with some kind of tool then you're a poor physicist and/or chemistryist

the sun fan 08-17-2018 05:51 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4642349)
if i learned anything from physics and/or chemistry it's that qualitative measures are poor for evaluation due to lack of precision and consistency
so unless you're measuring my friction or temperature with some kind of tool then you're a poor physicist and/or chemistryist

if you believe this then TWG isn't the game for you
I made some tea and the leaves told me you are a wolf and for that you must die

Gradiant 08-17-2018 05:54 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4642350)
if you believe this then TWG isn't the game for you
I made some tea and the leaves told me you are a wolf and for that you must die

And then we find out that xiz's hot take was right all along and this is distancing lol

Tps222 08-17-2018 06:00 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Sunfan is pulling out a lot of good reactions from people to analyze later, definitely getting a townie vibe from him.

who_cares973 asking people to explain why they view him as townie is really strange to me, I'm not sure what the motive behind that would be if you actually are town. Most of his posts seem to revolve around "explain this to me" and then "oh ok".

If sunfan is trying to make a lot of noise and accusations to draw out suspicion, who_cares is doing the exact opposite. I would like to hear who some of his top suspects currently are.

Celirra 08-17-2018 06:00 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
fun fact
it's literally impossible for me and sunfan to be w/w

Gradiant 08-17-2018 06:02 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
it was a joke

inDheart 08-17-2018 06:03 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
@tps, did you mean celirra where you said i was jumping on sunfan? or, rather, what's your take on celirra's treatment of sunfan's posts there?

i'm pretty sure "calling out" sunfan isn't what i did, because i had a rationalization for why he'd name you over any given lesser-than-active player

or if i did, cel was also there and voted pearl, and imo reacted more strongly, but you don't name him

Gradiant 08-17-2018 06:04 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tps222 (Post 4642352)
who_cares973 asking people to explain why they view him as townie is really strange to me, I'm not sure what the motive behind that would be if you actually are town.

I can see one thing, but he should respond first

inDheart 08-17-2018 06:10 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
hey sunfan,

is xiz town for not being here or something

i want to be able to parse your cel read too but i can't tell quite what or where it's coming from

Celirra 08-17-2018 06:18 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
p sure sunfan's read is coming from me being funny again

who_cares973 08-17-2018 06:19 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tps222 (Post 4642352)
Sunfan is pulling out a lot of good reactions from people to analyze later, definitely getting a townie vibe from him.

who_cares973 asking people to explain why they view him as townie is really strange to me, I'm not sure what the motive behind that would be if you actually are town. Most of his posts seem to revolve around "explain this to me" and then "oh ok".

If sunfan is trying to make a lot of noise and accusations to draw out suspicion, who_cares is doing the exact opposite. I would like to hear who some of his top suspects currently are.

She started off throwing shade because of the way I was posting, she said it was different from the last game. We didn't interact much after that then a couple posts after Sunfan gives me a hard town lean she says I'm townie. This is odd and I wanted to follow up on that. Which she still hasn't responded to so there's that

the sun fan 08-17-2018 06:30 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4642360)
hey sunfan,

is xiz town for not being here or something

i want to be able to parse your cel read too but i can't tell quite what or where it's coming from

xiz is town because he expressed ideas (specifically a mindmeld with cel I think) in a way that he do as a wolf

sounds confident right?

not as sure as I should be but I think he's town

the sun fan 08-17-2018 06:31 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4642361)
p sure sunfan's read is coming from me being funny again

uhhh, I mean I don't want to tell you and all but you're not doing something you didn't do that time

Celirra 08-17-2018 06:31 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
ty for not telling me but i still think its fuckin dumb

who_cares973 08-17-2018 06:35 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4642363)
xiz is town because he expressed ideas (specifically a mindmeld with cel I think) in a way that he do as a wolf

sounds confident right?

not as sure as I should be but I think he's town

That mindmeld felt super fake to me because he made it seem like it was the greatest thing in the world

who_cares973 08-17-2018 06:36 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Also he expressed himself in a way that he does a wolf so he's town for it?

the sun fan 08-17-2018 06:36 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 4642366)
That mindmeld felt super fake to me because he made it seem like it was the greatest thing in the world

the man cares about what he cares about

who_cares973 08-17-2018 06:37 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4642368)
the man cares about what he cares about

Not his typical mindmeld type post imo

Celirra 08-17-2018 06:37 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
in a dumb way i dont like how sunfan and xiz (i think it was xiz?) both have a read on me for the same bs reason

the sun fan 08-17-2018 06:38 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4642365)
ty for not telling me but i still think its fuckin dumb

this whole game is dumb
we lynch people for no good reason and sometimes our feelings get hurt
but we come back

and why?
because it kills time

Funnygurl555 08-17-2018 06:41 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
but also for the fun and the friendships you make along the way! C:

#captainoptimism

the sun fan 08-17-2018 06:41 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 4642369)
Not his typical mindmeld type post imo

agree to disagree then

I was pretty wrong on him at first last game so u can be right here

Celirra 08-17-2018 06:41 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
You know what else kills time?

Funnygurl555 08-17-2018 06:42 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
i'll be around for eod. i've been writing essays and i'm gonna haul my ass to the gym soon which is why im not... doing the thing where i post a lot

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 06:42 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
hello

inDheart 08-17-2018 06:43 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
i decided to write some words about people to see where i ended up and it was different than i expected tbh

5. Gradiant - is honestly the most inside my head, don't want lynched today for sure

11. Precarious - hasn't really played the game so all i have to go on is tone, which him not being wooden and deadly serious is lightly town indicative

9. blindreper1179 - light town? maybe? he doesn't seem to have the paranoia i attribute to his wolf game, from that one time he pushed into his partner sunfan as well as a town roundbox. don't care about him saying he wouldn't be around for the first half of d1 before-the-fact

1. Funnygurl555 - @funny there's a question for ya in here

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4641495)
wait wtf xiz has 2 votes too

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4641906)
xiz

cares about xiz votes, doesn't mind adding a joke vote?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4641910)
sunfan you better town read me this game

seems like wanted entitlement or something; those are bad words to describe that but you know what i mean

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4642252)
is syhto a wolf again

? expand please?


i guess not a whole lot to look into to give much of a lean. a lot of her posts come before i feel like the game shifted into serious mode. there almost seems like an aloof uncaringness to how people perceive her in the first two points here. probably the towny side of null

4. who_cares973 - at least don't think i would lynch today; real-time chat has been fine and he's been Doing Things; the places where he had friction don't feel great (e.g. talking about...cel/sunfan as a pair and interactions between them?) but don't feel particularly wolfy either, just rough more than anything, loose ends that i feel like he'd be tempted to trim as a wolf because i know he's able to think analytically in the wolf seat

12. Syhto - reads kinda scant, not very developed as mentioned, shows self-awareness of that though. final placement pending some fleshing out of thoughts as promised

3. Celirra - he does feel kinda samey to me but that's coming off a game that broke a streak of all town rolls. i'm just happy he did a thing before the end of time tbh but that's not much to go on. read i should shore up by poking at him

7. Xiz - kinda think him and cel are a package deal now which is why he's right next to cel. wants to shut down the talk between him and wc thinking it's unproductive which is like, mild glimmer of town not wanting to take over the thread with it? posting is fairly lol xd, and i'm biased but i think some of the details he's picking on aren't indicative of anything, but at least he's picking them out

8. Anti-Pearl FreezinIce - very null; he's also in the shading syhto bloc which is just rather easy and we're kinda waiting on him

10. Tps222 - didn't understand his comment to prec's d0/d1 thing, because like, you can just look at the opening of the game for that. might get the "didn't read the OP" read? didn't get why he thought sunfan was "calling [him] out" either, or why he thought i, specifically, had an issue with sunfan naming tps, because i had a rationalization for it. also saying you'll vote within us three feels...constrained; you can lynch anyone and you don't have to make up your mind so far out

6. DaBackpack - i have a complicated read on him where him coming at me and gradi and wanting to do this baiting thing instead of being straightforward about his reads there is pretty strange, and has elements of how i think he'd play a wolf game with arbitrary team members, but even so it's...daring. he does get easier to solve as d1 ramps up and i may not want to resolve him today on account of that alone, but having what i feel are eccentric reads for the game state is a decent way at appearing individualistic. i don't think doing so is him playing the game too far beyond d1 either; i have thoughts about generalities on how people would approach the game that i can expand on, and basically i think he fits those generalities and he'd think to have Spicy Reads as a way of appearing town

13. the sun fan - gimmick is a bit annoying; i touched a bit earlier on how it could be misdirection for reading into voting patterns if he's wolfing. also think usually by now he's able to do things with more confidence than he has, but his syhto read and the perhaps now-forming cel read could be examples of that - BUT the syhto read just doesn't feel good to me either. i think him trying to get by as a wolf on d0 usually involves setting up some kind of an insurmountable wall for his favorite mislynch, and syhto could be that here, and having thread support for the lynch is helping him out. saying she feels the same as the jtwg isn't great because the implication is for that read to change, she has to just feel different, and that's only really with a fresh example of her wolfing to contrast

i think the straightforward expectation would be someone rolling wolf twice in a row should feel at least a little different between the games - either not doing the same thing that just got you caught, or switching up what just worked so you're not falling into the same motions. i'm not seeing a depth of process here to suggest that same = bad, or specific things that are bad, or that where differences may exist, they don't matter

the sun fan 08-17-2018 06:44 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4642374)
You know what else kills time?

the new wow expansion?

inDheart 08-17-2018 06:44 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4642363)
xiz is town because he expressed ideas (specifically a mindmeld with cel I think) in a way that he do as a wolf

sounds confident right?

not as sure as I should be but I think he's town

he do do them as a wolf, eh

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 06:44 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4642087)
I think it depends on different stuff though, in more closed setups I think discussing mechanics is more beneficial to have common ground on (eg. "Who should the vigi shoot?" or handling seer cover, etc)... of course this game I dont think it's super duper useful at least not yet. Might be needed next phase though

he was asking about D0/D1

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 06:46 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4642085)
Real again dbp.

FYPOV me not claiming detective should be always be NAI, since if I'm a wolf there is no incentive for me to say something that yields no reward for me, yet automatically paints me in a strange light

the sun fan 08-17-2018 06:48 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4642379)
he do do them as a wolf, eh

i'm trying to decide whether its on the fence or not
he don't do them as wolf but is this it?

I am the only person that thinks that the lead singer of Faith No More sounds like Spongebob

the sun fan 08-17-2018 06:49 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4642381)
FYPOV me not claiming detective should be always be NAI, since if I'm a wolf there is no incentive for me to say something that yields no reward for me, yet automatically paints me in a strange light

you spent your first year of TWG with a trust tell whenever Yoshl asked you if you were town

many steps have been taken since then

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 06:50 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradiant (Post 4642113)
oh alright cool. my point still stands then, don't be a xiz, back your shit up

just to give you some perspective while I catch up

indheart had a few posts where he would make claims and then add a "?" to the end as if he was hedging his bets in case he was wrong

it read like he was making weak commitments so in the case that he was wrong he could back off of them without pushback, while still -saying things- in order to claim he brought the ideas up in the case he was successful

I honestly don't remember what I had against you, I think it was a tone thing, I'll see if I can rederive it once I finish

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 06:50 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4642383)
you spent your first year of TWG with a trust tell whenever Yoshl asked you if you were town

many steps have been taken since then

I don't understand what this means


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution