Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149562)

DaBackpack 08-16-2018 10:49 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4642003)
wait a sec thats coming from "sorry guys i napped all day"

yeah

inDheart 08-16-2018 10:51 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4642003)
wait a sec thats coming from "sorry guys i napped all day"

something something permission and forgiveness

Celirra 08-16-2018 10:53 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
something something blind is always afk anyways
i think he's said this exact thing as some alignment once before too
thats a useless statement

the sun fan 08-16-2018 10:54 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Syhto (Post 4641907)
Ya I hated that post too even tho I didnt understand any of it

I really think this post reminds me of some stuff that Syhto did as a wolf in jTWG
"Ya I agree" (no further input)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4641910)
sunfan you better town read me this game

u prolly town

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4641923)
i dun like sunfan

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4641924)
or at least, the real reads dont seem that real to me

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4641926)
or, they don't seem well thought out? i dunno didnt make me tingle in the good way

They aren't that thought out and they don't make me tingle either, I'm just saying what I had.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradiant (Post 4641931)
Also this was still all when shitposting's going on, but this response doesn't really match what i was expecting from him, or match what i think i anybody would respond to that with. Just a weird gut feeling for me

I was going to say something like "I didn't take you to be so charming." Its sarcastic; nothing about that is charming. You found my other trigger phrase, albeit one that like, I deserve to be triggered by.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4641932)
i can promise you there is no read between the dbp thing, hes not that type of player to do that. It's more of I remember he said he was going to get in a fight with sunfan and i wanted to see it :P

tbh I feel like i'm doing way more then most people, but i guess greg is reading that as nothing serious so I dunno if its more of a prod by him or like, hes trying to get a reaction but it defiantly makes me go all :thinking: on him

No one is doing anything yet. Not me, not you, not Yoshl. Except for carlos.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4641933)
also its now the 2nd time he made a comment about not posting because of TPS and i kinda all bullshit on that lol


but then again he did say pregame he will post little... but thats angleshooty?

triggered by misuse of angleshooting btw.
Yes, I am not posting less for TPS's sake, no matter how much I enjoy the sound of his gruff voice. I /am/ posting less because I have 15 credit hours this semester and the demands that I made pregame I made solely expecting to be dealbreaking; Yoshl and I had like an hour long discussion that somehow devolved into the rules of baseball about why wolves don't need daychat and I figured there was no chance he would change that. I made my last post of the phase assuming that I wouldn't be posting any more tonight since I am going to bed at Midnight eastern forever now, but I got a Jad task with 30 mins left and I don't got a blowpipe so you guys get me for a little while.

I still will do a lot, just less than normal. Tbh this is for the better; last game (the turbo) sucked balls on my end and its because I was trying to juggle too many balls and also because I had reverted to previous!sunfan instead of current!suntan

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4641934)
I dont like the idea of not posting for the sake of one person

see above

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4641935)
atm i think greggles is just being more shitposty then anything actually, im not sure i see it as like super wolfy because this is quite different from how he plays both town and wolf lol

ya its weird cuz I gotta be one of those two

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4641940)
greg if you're actually here

i kinda wish i was in your head on whether you'd think people should be able to make reads by page 1x in a full game, because both those seem kinda...airy for now if you'd be expecting people to have serious reads

this is a little 3deep5me, because I said a few pages back about how no one should have super solid reads at this point. They are airy. Its not a turbo I am not going to have the game solved by now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradiant (Post 4641944)
also curious why tps was the one mentioned in both posts about not wanting there to be too much to catch up on when there's also blind and antipearl in the same situation

Because tps's voice is nice.
not that blind's isn't its good enough to do small actor stuff
and anti-pearl is apparently also named Greg so they have to be at least a little bit cool

but I see blind all the time, and I'm not sure I can create the environment that foster's Anti-Pearl to blossom

TPS is a dinosaur, did you know he was in the fucking 6th TWG game on FFR?
I want him to stick around so I did pick him out for that reason. No, I can't make anyone post, no matter how much I spam in wolfchat for TPS and Anti-Pearl to post they will post on their own time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 4641950)
I don't like how sunfans bar for trying is so low when it comes to me. I get it, I'm bad at twg but come on dude :(

Unless you're trying to pocket me then also come on dude I'm not that bad :(

I'm not trying to pocket you and I certainly am not trying to set the bar low here. You remind me of how you were in the jTWG; proddy and posty. I like it. I am not townreading you for playing poorly or anything; you remind me of how you played last game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4641955)
what if i do this actually
anti-pearl

nothing will happen pls stop votes cannot summon someone this is something that needs to die in TWG

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4641991)
~~~red flag~~~

I forget what this post was talking about but it was a horrible thing to raise a red flag to

inDheart 08-16-2018 10:55 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4642009)
something something blind is always afk anyways
i think he's said this exact thing as some alignment once before too
thats a useless statement

my point was it's not hypocritical for dbp to say

the sun fan 08-16-2018 10:55 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4642002)
hey guys I'm gonna miss EoD tomorrow because I'm gonna be jerking it all night

I'm not UTR though I promise

nothing stops you from jerking it and being present at EOD

who_cares973 08-16-2018 10:55 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4641989)
You see my logic would fit so much better if it was the end of d1 but like, ill go into why i said it's not a super hot take but like that luke warm mist or whatever i said.

For a second there I wondered if cel and sunfan were partners, for how cel wanted to talk about something else other than sunfan when we clearly could keep going on him for a while, or at least thats what it seemed. thinking aobut it more tho i dunno, could be something wolf cel would do but it would be new to me. probably just a coincidence

That's cool and all but why are you explaining this to me when I didn't really ask for clarification but gradient sis

the sun fan 08-16-2018 10:57 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
I rescind calling anti-pearl at least a little bit cool it seems that their name is Gregg they are now dead to me

the sun fan 08-16-2018 10:58 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
syhto
u playin the same way u was playin b4 and u don't seem happy to be in town and I thought u be happy to be town

sry if u roll wolf 2 times in a row but them the braks

Xiz 08-16-2018 10:58 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 4642013)
That's cool and all but why are you explaining this to me when I didn't really ask for clarification but gradient sis

there are more than two people in the game, and there were more than two people involved in that discussion lol?

Xiz 08-16-2018 10:59 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
gl with jad nerd

i still have never beaten it

i tried actually i think once when i was 10 and was scared of it and havent tried it since lol

DaBackpack 08-16-2018 10:59 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
I've got a sneaky feeling about indheart and Gradiant so far

inDheart 08-16-2018 11:00 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4642010)
this is a little 3deep5me, because I said a few pages back about how no one should have super solid reads at this point. They are airy. Its not a turbo I am not going to have the game solved by now.

you said it in a way that made me question whether you were being straight-on serious about it or jokey
this confirms jokey ig

also that tps thing is at least different words than i thought you would use to talk about it, so that feels ok?
it'd be super easy to sell as "yeah he hates new twg, he even hosted that game that was ootc to intentionally not have a long thread that had the slightly ranty OP" but you're phrasing it more as just "he's from the ~past~"

inDheart 08-16-2018 11:01 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4642017)
gl with jad nerd

i still have never beaten it

i tried actually i think once when i was 10 and was scared of it and havent tried it since lol

what's a jad?
rs thing?

who_cares973 08-16-2018 11:01 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4642016)
there are more than two people in the game, and there were more than two people involved in that discussion lol?

Why Quote Me Then My Dude. That Seems Like A Weird Way To Address Everyone

the sun fan 08-16-2018 11:02 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4642017)
gl with jad nerd

i still have never beaten it

i tried actually i think once when i was 10 and was scared of it and havent tried it since lol

its nothing for me now; you do it enough it becomes nothing
the best advice I can give you is run under it when you have aggro'd all the healers and switch to melee protect, it saves you from having to do the mental gymnastics of standing in certain places to avoid getting hit by too many of them or from like trying to weirdly kite them.

he is scary if you've never done it before

also as Cel will try to trigger me by saying, I died 4 times to him before I got him on osrs because I'm actually braindead

Celirra 08-16-2018 11:02 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
jad isnt so bad goodluck friend

the sun fan 08-16-2018 11:03 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4642020)
you said it in a way that made me question whether you were being straight-on serious about it or jokey
this confirms jokey ig

also that tps thing is at least different words than i thought you would use to talk about it, so that feels ok?
it'd be super easy to sell as "yeah he hates new twg, he even hosted that game that was ootc to intentionally not have a long thread that had the slightly ranty OP" but you're phrasing it more as just "he's from the ~past~"

I'm more serious about the WV read than I am about the Xiz read, but both are at least somewhat serious

the syhto vote is serious too

who_cares973 08-16-2018 11:03 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
I'm not going to quote your post but I see what you're saying sunfan

the sun fan 08-16-2018 11:03 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4642024)
jad isnt so bad goodluck friend

I'll be fine
I had a task yesterday and before I knew it I had finished
the only way I should fail is by actually being really stupid

Xiz 08-16-2018 11:03 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 4642022)
Why Quote Me Then My Dude. That Seems Like A Weird Way To Address Everyone

because it was continuing the conversation? I really don't know what point you are getting at here

the sun fan 08-16-2018 11:04 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
alright I'm off gn friends

Celirra 08-16-2018 11:04 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4642011)
my point was it's not hypocritical for dbp to say

You're not wrong, but i also think they do similar things (though dbp does actually put effort in too)

Xiz 08-16-2018 11:05 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
like wc if you are saying that i shouldnt have quoted you to continue that train of thought then sure, i guess, but either way i dont think it matters

Gradiant 08-16-2018 11:08 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
I've got a sneaky feeling about dbp so far

inDheart 08-16-2018 11:11 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4642031)
like wc if you are saying that i shouldnt have quoted you to continue that train of thought then sure, i guess, but either way i dont think it matters

least you're likely not w/w

who_cares973 08-16-2018 11:12 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4642031)
like wc if you are saying that i shouldnt have quoted you to continue that train of thought then sure, i guess, but either way i dont think it matters

All I said was that your hot take was neither here nor there. You then came and explained to me why your hot take was a Luke warm take. Where you got the idea that there was a conversation there to begin with is beyond me. But sure I guess

who_cares973 08-16-2018 11:23 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Hey xiz why did you not continue your read conversation with gradient who showed more interest in your read than I did? Iirc you told him that it wasn't a strong read but a lukewarm read but didn't go further into it until I said your read was meh. To me this comes off like you're trying to set a Lynch up between celery or sunfan and where looking for people to help form a wagon. I didn't bite so that's why you decided to explain to me your reason.

who_cares973 08-16-2018 11:25 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Hot Takes

who_cares973 08-16-2018 11:27 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Hey dnp why wasn't your intro detective related

DaBackpack 08-16-2018 11:33 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradiant (Post 4642032)
I've got a sneaky feeling about dbp so far

you're the only person to take the bait

DaBackpack 08-16-2018 11:33 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 4642040)
Hey dnp why wasn't your intro detective related

because I'm not the detective

who_cares973 08-16-2018 11:37 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
dbp

DaBackpack 08-16-2018 11:39 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
WV I've always wondered why your sig is duplicated

who_cares973 08-16-2018 11:39 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4642044)
WV I've always wondered why your sig is duplicated

It's duplicated?

who_cares973 08-16-2018 11:40 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Oh wow i thought my sig was something completely different

Xiz 08-16-2018 11:43 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 4642038)
Hey xiz why did you not continue your read conversation with gradient who showed more interest in your read than I did? Iirc you told him that it wasn't a strong read but a lukewarm read but didn't go further into it until I said your read was meh. To me this comes off like you're trying to set a Lynch up between celery or sunfan and where looking for people to help form a wagon. I didn't bite so that's why you decided to explain to me your reason.

i dunno man i was more interested with what you said over gradiant at that time, i really think conversation between both of us is really not productive

Xiz 08-16-2018 11:43 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4642047)
i really think conversation between both of us is really not productive

*this particular conversation

who_cares973 08-16-2018 11:46 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4642047)
i dunno man i was more interested with what you said over gradiant at that time, i really think conversation between both of us is really not productive

Agreed

Gradiant 08-16-2018 11:56 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4642041)
you're the only person to take the bait

Oh shit, you took my bait too

Gradiant 08-16-2018 11:59 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
It's almost like I think it's bad if people say shit like that with no backing. Could've sworn I said something to that effect earlier too, I don't quite remember. Maybe somebody going through the thread after not being here and making vague posts to look like they're invested might recall what i'm thinking about.

blindreper1179 08-17-2018 12:02 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4641991)
~~~red flag~~~

How is this a red flag? I literally filmed all day today. Fuck off.

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 12:07 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradiant (Post 4642050)
Oh shit, you took my bait too

I'm not saying you're scummy for taking the bait, I meant it insofar as I wish other people had something to say about it

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 12:08 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4642052)
How is this a red flag? I literally filmed all day today. Fuck off.

I believe you

I just thought it was odd that you announced it to the thread as your first post this game

Gradiant 08-17-2018 12:15 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
You made a post hoping that other people would notice that it was bad?

Celirra 08-17-2018 12:16 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
So blind is that all ye'v got

inDheart 08-17-2018 12:17 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4642054)
I'm not saying you're scummy for taking the bait, I meant it insofar as I wish other people had something to say about it

i'm not really sure it begets saying anything, either you follow up or you don't

you were reading forward and usually you develop on thoughts you have when you get done, so i was thinking, let's see what it is when he gets done

Celirra 08-17-2018 12:17 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Also good night

Gradiant 08-17-2018 12:23 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Also watching some HotS tournament thing for the chance to get free cosmetic shit and see all these guys in suits talking so seriously about it is really funny.

inDheart 08-17-2018 12:24 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradiant (Post 4642051)
It's almost like I think it's bad if people say shit like that with no backing. Could've sworn I said something to that effect earlier too, I don't quite remember. Maybe somebody going through the thread after not being here and making vague posts to look like they're invested might recall what i'm thinking about.

tbf i'm not really sure your prior annoynace would stop him from making that post bc it seems like he missed the opportunity to bait you specifically with it if he's talking about it like he is

blindreper1179 08-17-2018 12:31 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Finally caught up. I've got nothing leaning wise. It's all been shit posting mostly. Quite annoying actually.

the xiz/wv thing was weird
sun is acting weird
dbp not calling out being a detective is bad

yup. Good night.

Gradiant 08-17-2018 12:40 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4642062)
Finally caught up. I've got nothing leaning wise. It's all been shit posting mostly. Quite annoying actually.

the xiz/wv thing was weird
sun is acting weird
dbp not calling out being a detective is bad

yup. Good night.

not really liking this. the top two points were the main stuff going on even though you're saying it's mainly shitposting. And then just super vague stuff like 'weird' does nothing to show us that you're involved, especially when things being 'weird' also does nothing in terms of you have any sort of leans. I'd say that's more annoying actually.

who_cares973 08-17-2018 12:40 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
I'm not sure what you're talking about dbp

Gradiant 08-17-2018 12:40 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
hopefully you can decide to make some stuff from all this tomorrow

Gradiant 08-17-2018 12:41 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4642061)
tbf i'm not really sure your prior annoynace would stop him from making that post bc it seems like he missed the opportunity to bait you specifically with it if he's talking about it like he is

sorry but the way this is worded is confusing me and i have no idea what you're getting at

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 01:12 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradiant (Post 4642056)
You made a post hoping that other people would notice that it was bad?

I made that post hoping people would ask about it

but nobody did

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 01:16 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
oh well

I still have scumleans on those two

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 01:17 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4642062)
dbp not calling out being a detective is bad

is this a real read or are you joking?

Funnygurl555 08-17-2018 01:50 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4642052)
How is this a red flag? I literally filmed all day today. Fuck off.

what were you filming? :D

Xiz 08-17-2018 02:01 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
I got bored tonight and made some water, so you get first eyes on this.


Xiz 08-17-2018 02:01 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
I'm not happy with some of the grain in the top right corner... but at least the refractions / light bounces match up pretty nicely to water normally.

Its related to this game cuz uh... its... sunfans tears. yeah that.

Xiz 08-17-2018 02:02 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
oh dang it was bottompaged rip me

Tps222 08-17-2018 02:08 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Well I'm caught up now, but god damn is there a lot of shit posting going on, is this what the current meta of TWG is like on day 1? : \ This will be a longer post because it's easier for me to get everything out that way and will probably be how I post for the most part this game.

I'm guessing that people treat day 0/1's now as a crapshoot to lynch almost anyone and then analyze the card flip and review how people interacted with that person?

I'm used to games where the the most productive early game discussion dealt with the role mechanics and what optimal strats were surrounding them, but maybe this format has been played to death so much with the current group that it's not necessary anymore?

What I currently see are a lot of people analyzing current behavior as compared to previous games and established meta of fellow players. I obviously can't use an analysis of how far anyone has strayed from that past meta, so I'm going to go off people who are seizing easy opportunities to call out strange behavior for now.

With that mind, Sunfan calling me out multiple times was weird, but indheart and xiz were the first ones to call him out on that, after his 4th of 5th post doing so. They both posted pretty safe/neutral takes on it initially though, which doesn't really accomplish much in my mind other than just bringing attention to the fact that they're suspicious of Sunfan. That created an opening for Gradiant to submit a counter-opinion, and then there's some back and forth that doesn't accomplish much until it shifts into another subject.

In my mind one of those 3 are likely a wolf then, it just seems like an opportunity for someone to gain townie points without putting themselves at risk. I'll be curious to see how they react here and probably base my vote off of what I see from that.

Funnygurl555 08-17-2018 02:41 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
XIZ THAT LOOKS SO COOL

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 03:03 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tps222 (Post 4642077)
Well I'm caught up now, but god damn is there a lot of shit posting going on, is this what the current meta of TWG is like on day 1? : \ This will be a longer post because it's easier for me to get everything out that way and will probably be how I post for the most part this game.

I'm guessing that people treat day 0/1's now as a crapshoot to lynch almost anyone and then analyze the card flip and review how people interacted with that person?

I'm used to games where the the most productive early game discussion dealt with the role mechanics and what optimal strats were surrounding them, but maybe this format has been played to death so much with the current group that it's not necessary anymore?

The mechanics thing will occasionally pop up for weird games, but usually we don't spend much time there

for me personally, I find preoccupation with the setup/mechanics scummy since it has historically been used by wolves to give them something to "talk about" that's not actually solving the game.

your assessment is pretty accurate. First lynch is usually a miss, but scumhunting on D0 is still valuable because it sets interactions into motion

blindreper1179 08-17-2018 08:55 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradiant (Post 4642065)
not really liking this. the top two points were the main stuff going on even though you're saying it's mainly shitposting. And then just super vague stuff like 'weird' does nothing to show us that you're involved, especially when things being 'weird' also does nothing in terms of you have any sort of leans. I'd say that's more annoying actually.

I did say mostly.. not entirely. I am involved, but reading 22 pages straight left me little room to absorb it.


Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4642071)
is this a real read or are you joking?

Real again dbp.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4642073)
what were you filming? :D

Legally cant say until release.

Celirra 08-17-2018 09:16 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4642080)
The mechanics thing will occasionally pop up for weird games, but usually we don't spend much time there

for me personally, I find preoccupation with the setup/mechanics scummy since it has historically been used by wolves to give them something to "talk about" that's not actually solving the game.

your assessment is pretty accurate. First lynch is usually a miss, but scumhunting on D0 is still valuable because it sets interactions into motion

I think it depends on different stuff though, in more closed setups I think discussing mechanics is more beneficial to have common ground on (eg. "Who should the vigi shoot?" or handling seer cover, etc)... of course this game I dont think it's super duper useful at least not yet. Might be needed next phase though

who_cares973 08-17-2018 09:29 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
How likely is it that blind would mention the detective thing on his own? How likely is it that he would put actual weight on something like that for a vote?

inDheart 08-17-2018 09:30 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradiant (Post 4642068)
sorry but the way this is worded is confusing me and i have no idea what you're getting at

you say you talked about already having been annoyed earlier in thread about people just kinda weakly indicating suspicions with nothing to back them up

but the way you're saying dbp was responding to posts (vague, to look invested) could also mean he just didn't read your post about it. if he did, he could have made that "sneaky feeling" post to bait you specifically, but him continuously saying here he'd want anyone to respond to it means that's not what he wanted

so if i read it right, you thought you could be baited by that specifically, but weren't really, if i'm looking at it from his side
+ you're right about dbp's catchup being pretty vague and uninspired then

this prodding from him just seems. bad, but would he do it (to the people he is doing it to, as well) as a wolf
i don't really wanna talk about it too much for reasons but i think it puts him on particular wolf teams if he is a wolf, and makes you more likely town

inDheart 08-17-2018 09:30 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4642070)
oh well

I still have scumleans on those two

lol

who_cares973 08-17-2018 09:32 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Blind how afraid are you of sunfan

inDheart 08-17-2018 09:37 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tps222 (Post 4642077)
Well I'm caught up now, but god damn is there a lot of shit posting going on, is this what the current meta of TWG is like on day 1? : \ This will be a longer post because it's easier for me to get everything out that way and will probably be how I post for the most part this game.

I'm guessing that people treat day 0/1's now as a crapshoot to lynch almost anyone and then analyze the card flip and review how people interacted with that person?

I'm used to games where the the most productive early game discussion dealt with the role mechanics and what optimal strats were surrounding them, but maybe this format has been played to death so much with the current group that it's not necessary anymore?

What I currently see are a lot of people analyzing current behavior as compared to previous games and established meta of fellow players. I obviously can't use an analysis of how far anyone has strayed from that past meta, so I'm going to go off people who are seizing easy opportunities to call out strange behavior for now.

With that mind, Sunfan calling me out multiple times was weird, but indheart and xiz were the first ones to call him out on that, after his 4th of 5th post doing so. They both posted pretty safe/neutral takes on it initially though, which doesn't really accomplish much in my mind other than just bringing attention to the fact that they're suspicious of Sunfan. That created an opening for Gradiant to submit a counter-opinion, and then there's some back and forth that doesn't accomplish much until it shifts into another subject.

In my mind one of those 3 are likely a wolf then, it just seems like an opportunity for someone to gain townie points without putting themselves at risk. I'll be curious to see how they react here and probably base my vote off of what I see from that.

for this game we don't have confirmed roles in the setup, so telling which roles to do what is a bit of a crapshoot. it makes it harder to develop a globally optimal strat besides "use bad stuff on this player" so it's not really worth the time

also i don't think i'm scumreading sunfan? he wasn't "calling you out" any more than just identifying you by name in a non-alignment-indicative way, and i had thoughts about why he'd name you specifically that he then validated.

Celirra 08-17-2018 10:01 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Ind feels like hes mostly just giving info or (more commonly) lightly shading thoughts or opinions

YoshL 08-17-2018 10:03 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Effective immediately, FreezinIce has replaced Anti-Pearl

Celirra 08-17-2018 10:05 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Huzzah

who_cares973 08-17-2018 10:13 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Welp

Celirra 08-17-2018 10:20 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
unvote

FreezinIce 08-17-2018 10:39 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
I'm not reading anything before this post

Xiz 08-17-2018 10:41 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
I'm not reading anything after this post

Celirra 08-17-2018 10:48 AM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
I'm not reading this post


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution