Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149562)

Celirra 08-17-2018 06:50 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4642380)
he was asking about D0/D1

ye but i was trying to seem useful

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 06:52 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradiant (Post 4642120)
I also hate this. Reading the stuff that has happened before would take almost no work to give a few meaningful responses to. this is nowhere close to how bad the FE game was.

do you think this is alignment indicative?

Syhto 08-17-2018 06:53 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
i was about to say this game is hard
I really don't like the whole in-thread only thing man, it takes a lot of getting used to I think, I'm having a hard time keeping up with everything
euHHHHH

I usually just go off my gut but I doubt my gut very seriously
I thought WC was posting differently than last game so I thought he may be wolf
Then he seemed really calm and nonchalant like he was so I was like ok maybe he is town
Then after he asked why I thought he was town I went and reread all the posts and I am way more confused now dude

like idk what to say

although I did count how many times celirra said the letter z not including xiz's name

Cel Z COUNT: 96

hope that helps someone

Syhto 08-17-2018 06:55 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
how do you guys multi-quote like that im such a noob

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 06:56 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4642199)
the wolves are tps, the artist formerly known as Anti-Pearl, and myself

why did you pick three wolves? :thinking:

Celirra 08-17-2018 06:56 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
its pronounced z not z

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 06:59 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4642254)
i wrote up a case on dabackpack and then talked myself out of voting for him

please advise

bam he's at it again

the sun fan 08-17-2018 06:59 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
thinkin that inD wall is p good

the read on me makes me feel special

the townread on gradiant is something I think he should be thinking, and the read on DBP feels not made up

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 07:00 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4642251)
i can't really parse the sentence i bolded? you doubt he didn't read your post about xiz?

and again

this is a strange verbal tic and I don't think I've ever seen it from ind before

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 07:01 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradiant (Post 4642260)
maybe dumb, but i actually don't like sunfan's current vote gimmick as you can't see what he warrants enough of a lean to leave a real vote.

this might amount to nothing but you've been saying you "don't like" a lot of things this game

the sun fan 08-17-2018 07:01 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
dbp the thing you didn't understand
I was just telling you I am proud of you

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 07:02 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4642261)
i thought i was treating you with similar degrees of force considering you both were on about the sunfan posts? what difference do you see


i sorta like her remembering fg exists? like she's placing value on trying to get fg right this game instead of letting her just be lynchbait, so wonder what you think about that bit


why are you so bated with these claims?

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 07:03 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
bated is the wrong word

"weak" is what I mean

even beyond the fact that you qualify some of your points by writing them as questions

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 07:03 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4642262)
like who would that be for, me? since i talked about it in postgame?

and again

the sun fan 08-17-2018 07:04 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
inD the thing about TPS picking 3 names feels vaguely familiar to me, I think its just something he does?

Idk this is deep in the recesses so maybe don't listen to me if u don't want to but I think its normal for him to pick lynches like that

your aadvice still makes sense to him tho

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 07:06 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4642267)
my read is that he often gets pressure on d0 before he really has time to bite into the thread (given his err, nap schedule) so I think people being skeptical of him aren't really getting it too well

he did say something like way long ago that I liked but I don't really remember it

I am mostly holding off on him until I invariably see more

I was going to describe why my sleep schedule is the way it is but then I'd be a massive hypocrite because I hate it when people make posts that might end up appealing to IRL emotion

you'll just have to trust me on it

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 07:08 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4642278)
one good blowjob and you're talking about it for years

he does have a tendency to bring up this particular game a lot iirc

it seems like a traumatic wolf experience for him

the sun fan 08-17-2018 07:08 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4642402)
he does have a tendency to bring up this particular game a lot iirc

it seems like a traumatic wolf experience for him

no, he won heroically carrying a team full of potatoes in one of the greatest town throws of all time

inDheart 08-17-2018 07:09 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4642382)
i'm trying to decide whether its on the fence or not
he don't do them as wolf but is this it?

I am the only person that thinks that the lead singer of Faith No More sounds like Spongebob

i'm laughing at your typo but this helps too

Syhto 08-17-2018 07:10 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4642377)
13. the sun fan - gimmick is a bit annoying; i touched a bit earlier on how it could be misdirection for reading into voting patterns if he's wolfing. also think usually by now he's able to do things with more confidence than he has, but his syhto read and the perhaps now-forming cel read could be examples of that - BUT the syhto read just doesn't feel good to me either. i think him trying to get by as a wolf on d0 usually involves setting up some kind of an insurmountable wall for his favorite mislynch, and syhto could be that here, and having thread support for the lynch is helping him out. saying she feels the same as the jtwg isn't great because the implication is for that read to change, she has to just feel different, and that's only really with a fresh example of her wolfing to contrast

I like this read on suntan. It is similar to what I was suspecting when I made my short list saying he was giving me a weird feel

Also he was talking to me about a game where I was a wolf and had supposedly named the full wolf team d1 including myself and we all still won and endgame

and then he posted that wolfteam including himself lol

kinda funny

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 07:13 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Syhto (Post 4642321)
im just posting how I feel, I regret not being thorough but I'll use it as a learning opportunity is all I'm saying, I'm relearning how to play still

there are posts I like from Syhto but I'm sketched out by her repeatedly reminding everybody that she's relearning this game

1) it seems like a constant appeal to noobishness
2) she makes a few posts wherein she tries to justify her thought processes too... finely

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syhto (Post 4642319)
sorry meta reads aren't entirely dumb I just love putting my foot in my mouth for some reason it seems

I'll repost my reads and elaborate more in a bit. I do see how what I said could be taken as lazy/noncommittal, because they pretty much were just that; ghosts of thoughts running through my mind at that moment, not founded in anything and basically unhelpful

so that is my fault

I'll get better I promise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there's a lot of self-awareness in her play despite learning the ropes again

the sun fan 08-17-2018 07:14 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Syhto (Post 4642405)
I like this read on suntan. It is similar to what I was suspecting when I made my short list saying he was giving me a weird feel

Also he was talking to me about a game where I was a wolf and had supposedly named the full wolf team d1 including myself and we all still won and endgame

and then he posted that wolfteam including himself lol

kinda funny

I'd love to try shrooms sometime

the sun fan 08-17-2018 07:14 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4642401)
you'll just have to trust me on it

ugh now we're back where we started

inDheart 08-17-2018 07:16 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4642399)
and again

this is actually a question lmao, are you just ctrl+Fing "?"

to the rest, i've never been certain about anything in my life. my first game i was when i blissfully had fewer variables to think about, so i'll just assume i've been on a slow decline since then

i think i do it more than you think but it's not like i count

Celirra 08-17-2018 07:16 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4642407)
I'd love to try shrooms sometime

I thought you told me at AN you didnt have desire for that kinda stuff or something

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 07:16 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4642346)
ToNe Is A gOoD eVaLuAtIoN tOol

I know this is a joke but I value personal tone-reads very highly

this isn't a game about logic, it's a game about feelings and moods

Syhto 08-17-2018 07:17 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Ya I feel like I am reiterating that I am a noob too much but I feel like one
All of you guys have these well formed thoughts and I usually used to just talk to people a lot on aim ??? It is kind of a culture shock I wasn't quite prepared for

Jtwg was good but that game was smaller and had a lot more inactivity, this game is making me feel way less confident again IDK

I'll get there, this is good

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 07:17 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4642409)
this is actually a question lmao, are you just ctrl+Fing "?"

to the rest, i've never been certain about anything in my life. my first game i was when i blissfully had fewer variables to think about, so i'll just assume i've been on a slow decline since then

i think i do it more than you think but it's not like i count

I made my initial post before I started catching up, in reference to your previous day's play, and all of the stuff I've quoted from you is just further evidence, from today, proving my claim

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 07:18 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
I don't have an objection to you asking questions, I have an objection to you saying things and then rhetorically weakening them by phrasing them as questions

Celirra 08-17-2018 07:18 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Syhto (Post 4642412)
Ya I feel like I am reiterating that I am a noob too much but I feel like one
All of you guys have these well formed thoughts and I usually used to just talk to people a lot on aim ??? It is kind of a culture shock I wasn't quite prepared for

Jtwg was good but that game was smaller and had a lot more inactivity, this game is making me feel way less confident again IDK

I'll get there, this is good

FFR forums are just aim with less rp'ing really, you'll get used to it I'm sure

inDheart 08-17-2018 07:19 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4642400)
inD the thing about TPS picking 3 names feels vaguely familiar to me, I think its just something he does?

Idk this is deep in the recesses so maybe don't listen to me if u don't want to but I think its normal for him to pick lynches like that

your aadvice still makes sense to him tho

does your memory tell you whether he does that as far out as he did from the lynch

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 07:19 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4642408)
ugh now we're back where we started

there are some lines I refuse to cross in TWG

you should know this

the sun fan 08-17-2018 07:19 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4642409)
this is actually a question lmao, are you just ctrl+Fing "?"

to the rest, i've never been certain about anything in my life. my first game i was when i blissfully had fewer variables to think about, so i'll just assume i've been on a slow decline since then

i think i do it more than you think but it's not like i count

hahahahahahahaha

the sun fan 08-17-2018 07:20 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4642417)
there are some lines I refuse to cross in TWG

you should know this

its ok I'm still proud of you

the sun fan 08-17-2018 07:20 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4642416)
does your memory tell you whether he does that as far out as he did from the lynch

considering he played during a time where you basically opened the thread once a phase, yeah

Celirra 08-17-2018 07:20 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
i have a bad reason for it but i think dbp is town
apparently bad reasons fly here so this should too

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 07:21 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4642349)
if i learned anything from physics and/or chemistry it's that qualitative measures are poor for evaluation due to lack of precision and consistency
so unless you're measuring my friction or temperature with some kind of tool then you're a poor physicist and/or chemistryist

I know you're half-joking but qualitative measures are extremely useful in the social sciences

which is a better analogy to TWG than the natural sciences

the sun fan 08-17-2018 07:21 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4642410)
I thought you told me at AN you didnt have desire for that kinda stuff or something

that's... at least not entirely true, but that's unimportant

its just a joke

no one just gives out the wolfteam for free

the sun fan 08-17-2018 07:23 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4642422)
I know you're half-joking but qualitative measures are extremely useful in the social sciences

which is a better analogy to TWG than the natural sciences

idk evolution makes sense in the TWG aspect

I can't keep college departments straight

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 07:23 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4642355)

i'm pretty sure "calling out" sunfan isn't what i did, because i had a rationalization for why he'd name you over any given lesser-than-active player

as another example, you begin this statement with "I'm pretty sure"

You are the one that fucking did it, why aren't you more sure about your own actions and motivations?

this isn't even the first time you've done that so far

inDheart 08-17-2018 07:24 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4642414)
I don't have an objection to you asking questions, I have an objection to you saying things and then rhetorically weakening them by phrasing them as questions

as penance after this game i will write out "i am never allowed to be uncertain about anything" 100 times

wanting to claim credit for something requires me to actually be right about it, and i'm already not the type of person to wave my dick in people's faces about how right i was when i have been

also you're not actually contending the points being made or considering that the data i'm trying to use in a lot of those circumstances is only weakly definitive, so i'm having a hard time caring

the sun fan 08-17-2018 07:24 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
fwiw no I don't actually plan on trying shrooms Cel

I know I'd enjoy drugs a lot but I get addicted to weak shit like caffeine and video games, drugs would be the death of me, Johnny Cash told me so earlier today

but I think I said I wanted to try coke at AN I have a vague memory of that

again none of this matters

Celirra 08-17-2018 07:26 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
I thought you said that you had a strong desire for trying like, softer stuff
I don't quite remember it being coke
but I do remember you mentioning johnny cash actually

the sun fan 08-17-2018 07:26 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
check out Anti-Pearl's slot on the OP

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 07:26 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4642426)
as penance after this game i will write out "i am never allowed to be uncertain about anything" 100 times

wanting to claim credit for something requires me to actually be right about it, and i'm already not the type of person to wave my dick in people's faces about how right i was when i have been

also you're not actually contending the points being made or considering that the data i'm trying to use in a lot of those circumstances is only weakly definitive, so i'm having a hard time caring

You're right, that's why I'll have to ISO you and see what your trajectory has been and if I can establish a link between my read and the contents of what you've been saying

the sun fan 08-17-2018 07:26 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4642428)
but I do remember you mentioning johnny cash actually

wait really?
that means this joke was repeated and therefore it isn't funny
shit

Celirra 08-17-2018 07:26 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4642429)
check out Anti-Pearl's slot on the OP

yeah i noticed that and it's made yoshl in my top 3 favourite flavour hosts

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 07:27 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
drugs are bad m'kay

inDheart 08-17-2018 07:27 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4642425)
as another example, you begin this statement with "I'm pretty sure"

You are the one that fucking did it, why aren't you more sure about your own actions and motivations?

this isn't even the first time you've done that so far

i know what i did, but i'm questioning whether i'm running into an issue with his terminology

my behavior's hard to construe as a call-out, as is sunfan's on tps. it's systematic enough for me to suspect a semantic issue

Celirra 08-17-2018 07:28 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
I'm like 99% sure I'm the only person on ffr who's not interested in rec drugs

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 07:29 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4642435)
I'm like 99% sure I'm the only person on ffr who's not interested in rec drugs

I hate drugs

inDheart 08-17-2018 07:30 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4642393)
thinkin that inD wall is p good

the read on me makes me feel special

the townread on gradiant is something I think he should be thinking, and the read on DBP feels not made up

you say some variation on this every time i put multiple thoughts in a post and it just makes that bell ring in my head every time, so that's its own kind of special

Xiz 08-17-2018 07:30 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Good morning im back

Syhto 08-17-2018 07:31 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
hey I'm sober now

the sun fan 08-17-2018 07:31 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
sorry for derailing I agree DBP drugs are bad

I think I'm at something like

not gonna lynch today:
fg (because she told me to)
gradiant (posting enough and posting well enough but he def could be a wolf)
inD (posting well above the intelligence quota for d0; reminds me of how he played in Capitalism)
wv (because he is thinking thoughts and talking about them and they seem alright and his questions make sense)
...TPS (maybe he doesn't deserve it but he feels alright and I think we could do better)
DBP (the thing from earlier)

Xiz is currently pending
would lynch in the remainder

the sun fan 08-17-2018 07:32 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4642437)
you say some variation on this every time i put multiple thoughts in a post and it just makes that bell ring in my head every time, so that's its own kind of special

I say some variation of that anytime someone puts up a big reads list that says smart things because I am just a sucker for walls

I need to learn to hate them more its like... a glaring flaw

the sun fan 08-17-2018 07:33 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Syhto (Post 4642439)
hey I'm sober now

congrats

the sun fan 08-17-2018 07:33 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
ok maybe that was too curt I do actually mean that

Celirra 08-17-2018 07:33 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4642436)
I hate drugs

wanna get married?

inDheart 08-17-2018 07:34 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Syhto (Post 4642389)
how do you guys multi-quote like that im such a noob

there's a lil + button next to the Quote button, and you can click that on all the posts you want to quote, then click Quote to toss them all into the reply box for you

also thanks for the Z count i'll be sure to compare that to the turbo

who_cares973 08-17-2018 07:34 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Someone stole my lunch from work, I'm mad

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 07:39 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
CONTENT WARNING: pedantry

I'm not a pro at this game but IMO TWG shouldn't be viewed as a logic game, at least in its connotative sense (it technically is a logic game in the denotative sense)

The two most used tools in this game, in logical terms, are abduction and induction-deduction. Abduction and induction are both used to obtain premises, and deduction is used to arrive at conclusions.

Abduction + deduction leads to circular reasoning, and induction + deduction leads to bias and false premises.

The bottom line is that there are no axioms in TWG: every "rule" we know is constructed from social observation. Without true axioms, you can't expect to reach consistent conclusions.

The appeal to logic is really just an appeal to the connotative sense, which is often used to suggest that "my reasoning is better than yours because logic is impartial", but that's just not true.

I do admit that gut feelings are less useful in TWG insofar as they are impossible to communicate to other people, but to suggest that they are weak or are inferior to reasoning is delusional

the sun fan 08-17-2018 07:40 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
see?
evolution?
that post makes me want to lynch you DBP, and then I get to procreate with someone else who doesn't have a negative opinion of drugs or emotions in TWG

Celirra 08-17-2018 07:41 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
i was gonna say that my bad reason isnt a thing anymore

inDheart 08-17-2018 07:41 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4642420)
considering he played during a time where you basically opened the thread once a phase, yeah

in 72/24.

huh.

granted it's the AIM difference, but you could just say the same kind of thing privately

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 07:44 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4642448)
see?
evolution?
that post makes me want to lynch you DBP, and then I get to procreate with someone else who doesn't have a negative opinion of drugs or emotions in TWG

CONTENT WARNING: pedantry

The denotation of "biological evolution" is different than the denotation of "evolution of thoughts"

the sun fan 08-17-2018 07:45 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
alright, that's close enough to cognitive dissonance
dbp

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 07:46 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
no one is more pedantic than me

no one

the sun fan 08-17-2018 07:46 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4642450)
in 72/24.

huh.

granted it's the AIM difference, but you could just say the same kind of thing privately

...what?

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 07:47 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4642452)
alright, that's close enough to cognitive dissonance
dbp

didn't I tell you I was going to be jerking it during EoD? That post is extremely masturbatory dude

Xiz 08-17-2018 07:47 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4642370)
in a dumb way i dont like how sunfan and xiz (i think it was xiz?) both have a read on me for the same bs reason

sorry but what

Celirra 08-17-2018 07:48 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4642458)
sorry but what

idk if it changed but didnt you say something like me playing my wolf game or something like that earlier

inDheart 08-17-2018 07:49 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4642455)
...what?

you're talking about checking the thread once per phase - meaning for votes

lynching within 3 is a sentiment tps could also express privately, and everything i've heard about the aim era tells me it was also rather active, just way more chat-based

you said this in the context of telling me the timing wouldn't be weird, but picking a group of 3 people to lynch in is something he could also say in a chat, so just saying that's how twg used to be isn't explanatory to me here

also doesn't say much about the timing of that one post per phase, while we're talking about posts specifically

the sun fan 08-17-2018 07:52 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
oh no, sorry, I missed a part
since you only open the thread once a phase you also only vote once a phase so that would be when he voices his suspicions, and depending on idk, what phase the moon is, either a safety vote or a real vote

Xiz 08-17-2018 07:52 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
While a lot of what ind has said i dont understand (his whole thing on me and cel must being a pair) i like his read on tps.

I still am kinda spooked by the whole sunfan comments about tps from earlier but im not sure how much weight that carries right now.

Also what do you mean by blinds paranoia, especially when (was it you?) who stated that his wolf and town games are really similar, i cant remember who said it. I am unsure of how i feel about blind personally but i wanna know more where you are comin from

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 07:55 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4642377)
i decided to write some words about people to see where i ended up and it was different than i expected tbh

[......]

This is a decent wallpost, I actually kind of like this first line here where he admits that he was kind of winging it

However there are no actual declarations of wolfiness in this post, and even after reading that entire wall, I still have no idea who indheart is most comfortable with lynching today. Aside from the townreads and some reasoning, which are good, there's no assertiveness here

As an aside, is there any significance behind the way you ordered this list?

Xiz 08-17-2018 07:55 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 4642366)
That mindmeld felt super fake to me because he made it seem like it was the greatest thing in the world

its real, you stop that

and i personally think its TOTALLY something greg would do to, specifically and mostly only to me.

but i don't know if he actually did do it because clearly nobody else is even giving it a chance. Im not as gungho as i was about it but like, i'll be upset if i was right because that would mean the #xizearlyread dream isnt dead.

which it probably is ;_;

Xiz 08-17-2018 07:56 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4642374)
You know what else kills time?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4642376)
hello

this post progression made me giggle

the sun fan 08-17-2018 07:56 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
its not dead Xiz
but uh
I would probably never do that as a wolf if those were my partners

DaBackpack 08-17-2018 07:56 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4642466)
this post progression made me giggle

actually LOL'd


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution