Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG 194 - Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151853)

Hakulyte 04-24-2020 09:51 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4726408)
ffa what do u think of leetic

I'm more worried about jessie that will probably go UTR.

Leetic seems okay for now. Just a different politic views than the average FFR player, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Funnygurl555 04-24-2020 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4726414)
I'm more worried about jessie that will probably go UTR.

Leetic seems okay for now. Just a different politic views than the average FFR player, but nothing out of the ordinary.

i mean she might 'cause she's moving on wednesday, but for now she's quarantined with her dog

Hakulyte 04-24-2020 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4726413)
@Haku, I don't think Xiz is a Serial Killer here, I think he's a wolf who is HUNTING for a Serial Killer. From my past experiences in C9++, I really don't actively "think" about the SK role when I'm actually the SK. I DO actively think about the SK role when I'm a wolf, because the SK is the biggest threat to wolves in this setup. There have been past games where we found wolves on D0 because that player brought up the Serial Killer one-too-many-times. It revealed a preoccupation with the wolf-team's safety over actual game-solving. That's why I think him bringing up the SK out of nowhere is sketchy.

This is why I wanted Xiz here in person before I made that post, or at least have Xiz in here in general, so that we can hash it out in real time.

Yeah okay. I totally had the wrong idea here. That's fair.

Let's see what Xiz says about it.

DaBackpack 04-24-2020 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4726416)
Yeah okay. I totally had the wrong idea here. That's fair.

Let's see what Xiz says about it.

yeah to be precise, this positions Xiz as wolf, not Serial Killer, unless he really just fucked up

Funnygurl555 04-24-2020 09:53 PM

mml did i meet your expectations

DaBackpack 04-24-2020 09:57 PM

as a corollary to that, I think wolves are more likely to bring up specific PRs out of the blue, and it's for the same reason: of course because they are hunting for PRs, not wolves

a good townie's mind is on gamesolving, and while IMO townies should keep an eye out for PR softs a little bit, you will notice that their top priority is nailing reds. The rest is secondary to that. This is clearly observable in normal play.

^This is the secondary test I would be running if Xiz had more posts

Ulleabhara 04-24-2020 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4726399)
ulli, where are you from? you got any games you could link?

Unfortunately, no. It's been around...5-6 years-ish? Since the site I played on last existed.

I say "site", but it was more like "the last in a series of sites, consisting of free forum software run on whatever server space we could dig up, moving elsewhere whenever we ran out of space". They were all called something really generic too, like "The TWG Site", "The TWG Site II"...the last one was IV. There were a couple of spinoffs, such as a short lived one dedicated to Resistance games, and the more successful "TWG Turbocharged!" which hosted super short games, as has become popular nowadays.

Gosh, it's so bittersweet to remember this...it was such a close-knit, fun community to play with at its peak. Unfortunately, the admins with actual access to server-side stuff just up and disappeared one day, and the last site slowly hemorrhaged players before going offline after a couple of months with no games run. Since adults and kids were playing on the same forums, there was a ruling very early in this community's history that any games involving OC were strictly conducted on a site based chat service, and no sharing of any IM handles or emails were allowed. I knew a few players' contact info from when I got invited, of course, but we slowly grew apart as the years drug on, and eventually handles/phone numbers changed, and they were gone.

On one hand, I get misty-eyed and want my TWG friends back! But on the other, some of them were pretty "dudebro-ish" if you know what I mean, and I dunno how me being a girl now would go over...

Hakulyte 04-24-2020 10:03 PM

Please read the thread with that list at hand and tell me if it doesn't make sense for any reason.

3) DaBackpack - Town
2) Bolth mannn - Town
3) Hakulyte - Town
4) flashflash account - Town
5) Funnygurl555 - Town
6) jessiebessie - Town
7) Ulleabhara - Town
8) psychoangel691 - Wolf
9) leetic - Wolf
10) Xiz - Wolf
11) XelNya - Town
12) MixMasterLar - Town
13) Duskfall - Town

I am also sorry if this ends up being true.

DaBackpack 04-24-2020 10:05 PM

shoot sorry I misgendered you earlier ulli, it was an accident><

Ulleabhara 04-24-2020 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4726422)
shoot sorry I misgendered you earlier ulli, it was an accident><

s'all good ✧・゚

flashflash account 04-24-2020 10:08 PM

twitch.tv/emcee_mikey

sekiro anyone?

DaBackpack 04-24-2020 10:08 PM

my eyes need some rest, I'm gonna eat and head out for a little while. I'm hoping to finally have time to read through my monstrous Krazy Kat Sundays anthology this weekend, and not sleep through the entire day like the piece of shit I normally am

DaBackpack 04-24-2020 10:10 PM

I had a strange dream last about Popeye the Sailor, I was Wimpy and we were having random WWII shenanigans at the US Naval Academy in Annapolis

something about ink? and bubbles? I had to convince myself those weren't real after I woke up

Popeye wasn't even in the Navy

Funnygurl555 04-24-2020 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulleabhara (Post 4726420)
Unfortunately, no. It's been around...5-6 years-ish? Since the site I played on last existed.

I say "site", but it was more like "the last in a series of sites, consisting of free forum software run on whatever server space we could dig up, moving elsewhere whenever we ran out of space". They were all called something really generic too, like "The TWG Site", "The TWG Site II"...the last one was IV. There were a couple of spinoffs, such as a short lived one dedicated to Resistance games, and the more successful "TWG Turbocharged!" which hosted super short games, as has become popular nowadays.

Gosh, it's so bittersweet to remember this...it was such a close-knit, fun community to play with at its peak. Unfortunately, the admins with actual access to server-side stuff just up and disappeared one day, and the last site slowly hemorrhaged players before going offline after a couple of months with no games run. Since adults and kids were playing on the same forums, there was a ruling very early in this community's history that any games involving OC were strictly conducted on a site based chat service, and no sharing of any IM handles or emails were allowed. I knew a few players' contact info from when I got invited, of course, but we slowly grew apart as the years drug on, and eventually handles/phone numbers changed, and they were gone.

On one hand, I get misty-eyed and want my TWG friends back! But on the other, some of them were pretty "dudebro-ish" if you know what I mean, and I dunno how me being a girl now would go over...

i feel that. the site i frequented before ffr disappeared like... 3 years ago or something? i stopped being active there a good five years before that, but i have fond memories of the friends i've made there. i don't keep in touch with them as often as i should 'cause we've drifted apart, and i've made peace with that. according to fb some of them are doing real well though :)

Funnygurl555 04-24-2020 10:35 PM

man now i'm having good ol' 2010 flashbacks those were the days. i had no responsibilities and spent my days online with my online friends on a website

why do we have to grow up

why does life have to get complicated

flashflash account 04-24-2020 10:49 PM

we didn't have wifi when I was a kid so I had irl friends :^)

Ulleabhara 04-24-2020 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4726430)
man now i'm having good ol' 2010 flashbacks those were the days. i had no responsibilities and spent my days online with my online friends on a website

why do we have to grow up

why does life have to get complicated

me whenever I'm reminded of this cruel inevitability:

Funnygurl555 04-24-2020 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4726432)
we didn't have wifi when I was a kid so I had irl friends :^)

i didn't have irl friends til college rip i was so lonely before the internet

real good practice for quarantine tho yeet

Funnygurl555 04-24-2020 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulleabhara (Post 4726433)
me whenever I'm reminded of this cruel inevitability:

i'm keeping this

Ulleabhara 04-24-2020 11:19 PM

Really?

Xiz and leetic are just gonna NOPE out of the thread for the night?

whatever i'm going to bed