Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG 194 - Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151853)

flashflash account 04-24-2020 08:23 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4726328)
hahahahaha a d0 reads list

:eyes:

Hakulyte 04-24-2020 08:23 PM

I'll provide my cheat sheet if someone wants to win this game as town.

DaBackpack 04-24-2020 08:24 PM

Like idk if you guys ever played Final Fantasy 10, but if you had Kimahri in your party for the majority of the game, you're gonna have a bad fuckin time in endgame because he sucks. typically you get Kimahri and then never play as him so that those experience points can go to like, Auron or Rikku.

Ulleabhara 04-24-2020 08:24 PM

Just having another read up to speed before dinner...

IDK what to feel about most stuff up to #281. I feel so lost without any meta. (other than the Animal Crossing game obv)

I will say that MML vs Haku feels TvT.

DaBackpack 04-24-2020 08:24 PM

that's why you cull inactives early on. QED

MixMasterLar 04-24-2020 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leetic (Post 4726331)
How one reacts to a bad vote

Mmmmm indeed sir

DaBackpack 04-24-2020 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leetic (Post 4726209)
The active townies would be killed off by scum anyway, leaving the active wolves to keep picking off easy targets. Trust me, I've been there before.

so have we

active wolves pick off active/easy targets yeah. the question is what are we left with after that's done. a buncha mid-high posters or a buncha nobody posters. your choice

flashflash account 04-24-2020 08:28 PM

surprisingly, I do not get nightkilled very frequently on this forum despite being among the higher posters

DaBackpack 04-24-2020 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leetic (Post 4726283)
276 just doesn't look good to me. I don't see a town getting all riled up for that reason and it seems like someone trying to fake an emotional reaction.

oh ok missed this post

leetic 04-24-2020 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4726339)
so have we

active wolves pick off active/easy targets yeah. the question is what are we left with after that's done. a buncha mid-high posters or a buncha nobody posters. your choice

If town is lynching someone just because they're inactive, then I don't really have any faith in those high posters anyway. If they were truly trying, they'd be able to find a better target.

Although, I do think we should stop this discussion. We can argue about the ethics of lynching inactives as long as we want, but none of this is getting us any closer to finding scum.

Ulleabhara 04-24-2020 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leetic (Post 4726301)
...So that's it? No pushback at all?

For that, there needs to actually be pressure...I don't think any one person is even close to lynch at this point.

How about Haku and their whole interaction with MML? What's your take on it?

DaBackpack 04-24-2020 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leetic (Post 4726311)
Usually when I make such a case on town, they tend to get annoyed at me and try to push back. Just going "well okay I guess" at such an accusation looks weird.

gonna let this feud go on but have a general comment on this later

MixMasterLar 04-24-2020 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4726334)
I'll provide my cheat sheet if someone wants to win this game as town.

This fucking notion that watching videos is somehow more a negative trait then reading books pisses me off if I am being honest. Like reading some hot garbo like Seamus Hotep the Stuck up Tongue makes you a better citizen then watching Jet Li's Fearless

flashflash account 04-24-2020 08:34 PM

watching tv is a bad habit tho
my mom watches this thing almost every day called "news" and I swear she's addicted

MixMasterLar 04-24-2020 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leetic (Post 4726342)
If town is lynching someone just because they're inactive, then I don't really have any faith in those high posters anyway. If they were truly trying, they'd be able to find a better target.

Although, I do think we should stop this discussion. We can argue about the ethics of lynching inactives as long as we want, but none of this is getting us any closer to finding scum.

Lead the way

flashflash account 04-24-2020 08:38 PM

mml
leetic is right

DaBackpack 04-24-2020 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leetic (Post 4726342)

I mean I hate that so many of my posts have been about this but I think it's important to establish the "why"

If nobody lynches low-posters because "no information" and wolves only nightkill "high-posters" then literally you are gonna be left with a bunch of fucking no-posters and that is quite literally game over.

Sure if you have a power-scumread early on go for it. I use to do it all the time until very recently. If you are correct then we have a better best-case scenario. The problem is that the worst-worst-case scenario of doing this brings the game into the shit-tier.

The other thing is that your odds of correctly guessing a wolf in D0 is so, so low unless you really have convincing evidence. Most of the time you're trading off a proactive town (which is VERY valuable later on) for an inactivate town (which usually actually gives town a mathematical disadvantage). I'd go as far as to say that the mathematically-optimal best move for ensuring a solid average-case scenario is to lynch the inactive D0.

I had the same reservations you do now, I thought of it as an easy wolf copout. But at least on this site, this shit wins games.

leetic 04-24-2020 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4726349)
I mean I hate that so many of my posts have been about this but I think it's important to establish the "why"

If nobody lynches low-posters because "no information" and wolves only nightkill "high-posters" then literally you are gonna be left with a bunch of fucking no-posters and that is quite literally game over.

Sure if you have a power-scumread early on go for it. I use to do it all the time until very recently. If you are correct then we have a better best-case scenario. The problem is that the worst-worst-case scenario of doing this brings the game into the shit-tier.

The other thing is that your odds of correctly guessing a wolf in D0 is so, so low unless you really have convincing evidence. Most of the time you're trading off a proactive town (which is VERY valuable later on) for an inactivate town (which usually actually gives town a mathematical disadvantage). I'd go as far as to say that the mathematically-optimal best move for ensuring a solid average-case scenario is to lynch the inactive D0.

I had the same reservations you do now, I thought of it as an easy wolf copout. But at least on this site, this shit wins games.

How many of your posts have been scumhunting vs. "Let's just lynch all the lowposters"? I'm beginning to question your motives for putting so much effort into arguing this point but not so much in finding scum

DaBackpack 04-24-2020 08:42 PM

I mean fuck, people used to call my D0 "Hero Mode" because of how often I deliberately avoided inactives and when balls-to-the-wall on a specific scumread I had. When it works it's badass as fuck but most of the time it's wrong, then the inevitable "well, DBP is wolf because he pushed so hard here", and then the me having to try Hero Mode AGAIN to convince people that I'm actually town, etc.

more of an anecdotal thing which I'm trying to stray away from, and also why I've been advocating more towards democratic&policy-based lynches instead of hot shounen fire

flashflash account 04-24-2020 08:43 PM

yeah man being wrong sucks but on the plus side it makes your scum game a lot better