Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Lar's Top Ten Video Games EVER (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=152423)

MixMasterLar 10-5-2020 12:40 PM

Lar's Top Ten Video Games EVER

Folks of all genders, I present to you my personal Top Ten list for videos games!

Spent too much time working on this and while I didn't get to do everything I wanted I think it turned out nicely. It's for sure better then previous videos in this style (we don't have to name names <.<)

Absolutely feel free to comment on the placement or inclusion of any of these games and tell me your top 10s. I love talking about games, and love defending my opinions even though opinions don't need defending haha. If you'd like to help my channel you can opt to post your list/comments in the YouTube comment section---it really helps out. But in either case, hope everyone enjoys this!

DaBackpack 10-5-2020 06:16 PM

Re: Lar's Top Ten Video Games EVER

Pretty good list, great video! However, it's missing Final Fantasy 6, so it sucks and you're a philistine

mi40 10-5-2020 07:47 PM

mi40's Top Ten Beards EVER
Number 1: Urs

MixMasterLar 10-5-2020 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4744823)
Pretty good list, great video! However, it's missing Final Fantasy 6, so it sucks and you're a philistine

Final Fantasy 6 was gonna make it but then Relm glitched it out.

I do love that game though played it like 3 times

Quote:

Originally Posted by mi40 (Post 4744867)
mi40's Top Ten Beards EVER
Number 1: Urs

Lol thanks man.

PhantomPuppy 10-5-2020 08:33 PM

this didn't line up with my top 10 though > : (

but actually was a good list. i'm surprised tag 2 was on it since it's pretty controversial among the tekken community, but a lot of these i agree are amazing games.

MixMasterLar 10-5-2020 10:00 PM

I've basically fallen out of the Tekken community since Bloodline Rebellion released so I'm not entirely sure what the gripes are against it other then the arcade original has serious balance issues and the console release never got the last update. Otherwise I'd take it over 6/7 any day of the week.

What does your top 10 look like?

PhantomPuppy 10-5-2020 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4744913)
What does your top 10 look like?

off the top of my head and in no particular order:

persona 4, FFR, ratchet and clank (original trilogy), final fantasy X, heroes of the storm, maplestory, fallout NV, SSX 3, bioshock (pref 1 and 2, infinite was still good though), and probably final fantasy dissidia.

persona 5 might be on the list, but my ps4 broke right before it released so i never got to play it lol

MixMasterLar 10-6-2020 12:15 AM

Persona is a series I missed the boat on pretty hardcore. Was considering starting at P3FES and moving forward but I'm playing Treasures of the Rudras <and> Breath of Fire 4 and am unwilling to add another RPG until those are doneski.

Most of those are solid picks although I never saw the appeal of Maplestory. I think looking back I just wasn't near social enough to appriciate what it was trying to do.

XelNya 10-7-2020 10:36 AM

ngl this makes me wanna make one of these videos

but the sonic mention is nice, I really happen to like sonic 3 / and the pc cd disk reference was awesome

MixMasterLar 10-7-2020 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4745481)
ngl this makes me wanna make one of these videos

but the sonic mention is nice, I really happen to like sonic 3 / and the pc cd disk reference was awesome

You absolutely should bro.

I think people forget these games where released pretty widespread (and still continue to be) but you use to be able to not only find them at retail chains but droves of the discs in the second-hand store whenever a new Windows released

XelNya 10-7-2020 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4745486)
You absolutely should bro.

I think people forget these games where released pretty widespread (and still continue to be) but you use to be able to not only find them at retail chains but droves of the discs in the second-hand store whenever a new Windows released

There's also a port of it on steam. It's not great, but it at least works rofl

MixMasterLar 10-7-2020 04:12 PM

Most of the Genesis mainstays appear to be on Steam but I own enough of the console collections that I never felt the need to try them. It's a shame the most accessible ports aren't that great

katanaeyegaming 10-8-2020 04:41 PM

My own top 10 list is as follows

10: Rogue legacy
9: Jak and daxter the precursor legacy
8: The legend of Spyro trilogy
7: Tekken 6
6: Risk of rain 1&2
5: Terraria
4: Castlevania symphony of the night and harmony of dissonance (Tie because these 2 are fucking fantastic)
3: Soulsborne (mainly Dark souls 1 but all of them are good in some way)
2: Every rhythm game I have ever played (way too many to list here but this genre is great)
1: The Monster Hunter franchise

Bolth mannn 10-8-2020 05:56 PM

Top 10: Among Us

Shadow_God_10 10-8-2020 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4745712)
Top 10: Among Us

Yes

MixMasterLar 10-9-2020 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katanaeyegaming (Post 4745695)
My own top 10 list is as follows

10: Rogue legacy
9: Jak and daxter the precursor legacy
8: The legend of Spyro trilogy
7: Tekken 6
6: Risk of rain 1&2
5: Terraria
4: Castlevania symphony of the night and harmony of dissonance (Tie because these 2 are fucking fantastic)
3: Soulsborne (mainly Dark souls 1 but all of them are good in some way)
2: Every rhythm game I have ever played (way too many to list here but this genre is great)
1: The Monster Hunter franchise

Don't hear people mention Rogue Legacy anymore.

With music games it really does feel honest to just list the genre, huh? I almost did in my list

DaBackpack 10-9-2020 06:30 PM

This is a favorites list, not necessarily an objective list. The order is pretty arbitrary after the Top 5 for each of these.

10. Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions (PSP translation)
9. Azure Dreams
8. Sonic 2
7. Sonic Adventure (Dreamcast)
6. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
5. Final Fantasy VI
4. Little Busters!
3. Umineko
2. Muv-Luv Alternative
1. CLANNAD
0. Final Fantasy XI Online

11. Street Fighter 2
10. Final Fantasy IV
9. Ghosts n Goblins (Arcade)
8. Metal Gear Solid
7. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
6. Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
5. Azure Dreams
4. Sonic 2
3. Sonic Adventure (Dreamcast)
2. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
1. Final Fantasy VI
0. Final Fantasy XI Online

Persona 3 Portable is there somewhere. Dissidia Duodecim too. And Ms. Pac-Man.

13. Forest (from Liarsoft)
12. Higurashi
11. The House in Fata Morgana
10. Fate/stay night (Original 2004 release)
9. Ace Attorney 3: Trials and Tribulations
8. Subahibi
7. Ever17 -the out of infinity-
6. Steins;Gate (original release. Not this 'Elite' crap)
5. Kono Yo no Hate de Koi o Utau Shoujo YU-NO (PC-98 release. The music holy shit)
4. Little Busters!
3. Umineko
2. Muv-Luv Alternative
1. CLANNAD

planetarian is up there too. Kanon and AIR too. I haven't finished White Album 2 -Closing Chapter- yet but it's almost certainly GOAT material after just one route.

I don't really see anything beating CLANNAD ever. It's hard for me to imagine a game having a deeper impact on me than that one did.

mi40 10-9-2020 08:11 PM

top 1: maplestory

HBar 10-9-2020 09:23 PM

10. Nethack. After decades it's still the best dungeon crawler.
9. Grim Fandango. I had to include at least one classic LucasArts adventure game here, and Grim Fandango has the best soundtrack, the best style, the best story, and so many of the best characters.
8. Portal. The only flaw in this game is that it was too short, and it paved the way for so many other brilliant first-person puzzlers like The Talos Principle, The Turing Test, Tri, Q.U.B.E, Qbeh-1, and so on.
7. TIE Fighter. I almsot put X-Wing here because it was my first fully 3D game and so mindblowing for its time, but TIE Fighter was even better.
6. X-Com UFO Defense. I almost wanted to put X-Com Apocalypse here, I like the style and the feel of Apocalypse even better but it also has a lot of flaws while UFO Defense is flawless (except for the bug where the difficulty was always beginner, but that's been fixed for a long time).
5. Half-Life. Not just for the main game, which is great, but for all the mods like Team Fortress Classic, Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat, Natural Selection, and I feel like I'm forgetting a few others. And also for the way it encouraged and popularized that kind of modding.
4. Star Control II. The soundtrack, the dialogue, the story, all the alien species, and the gameplay all come together to make this the best space adventure. The games Starflight I and II also deserve honorable mentions here for being obvious inspirations and two of the best games of their time, but Star Control II took the concept and turned it into a game that's even better in every way.
3. Morrowind. The otherworldly atmosphere, the lore, and the story make Morrowind the best Elder Scrolls game. The leveling system had its flaws, but there are mods for that.
2. Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. The tech tree, the wonders, the customizable units, the ideological factions, Planet, and the whole feel of the game make this still the best one in the Civilization series.
1. DOOM. Maybe a mainstream answer, but that's because it's true. The soundtrack, the style, and the gameplay were all perfect and revolutionary.

MixMasterLar 10-10-2020 05:00 PM

I wish I could intelligently talk about VNs because to me they might as well be black boxes on that list lol

I'll probably refer to it if I ever decide it's finally time to grind through some.

Also sup HBar it's been a hot sec.
Haven't even heard of Nethack in forever haha.