Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   The Werewolf Game (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151021)

dragonmegaXX 06-25-2019 12:12 PM

Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread

I mean it's worked pretty well so far considering that that's been one of the main points against me so far this day, with not too much else to back it up.

dragonmegaXX 06-25-2019 12:16 PM

Antori

Im putting this here for now. I didnt vote last time, and I think not voting two days in a row would be a waste.

I think reading that heavily into that one part of Shadow Gods post is just kind of ignoring what anyone else is saying, and I feel like you might just be hoping everyone else is into it enough to get me lynched and maybe give you another night.

I could be wrong, but I need to at least try to act instead of stand idle all day.

ShyYoshiGuy 06-25-2019 12:43 PM

GS:

I’ve been busy, alwite? I still don’t see it. I read the pages you told me to read a couple more times, and I don’t see it. You’re trying to trick me by posting pages of long posts of TWG-lingo words. “It’s in there. If you don’t see it, that means you’re not paying attention/you’re inactive/you’re really bad at this game, and it has nothing to do with the fact that I can’t actually summarize my thoughts. Go back and read it a couple more times until you finally understand, it’s in there.”

Sanzath:

Where you said Shadow’s vote came from is the exact reason I can’t find it. It’s just random, lucky votes. Gotcha. But that also means all my previous reads are garbage because they’re based on the random, lucky votes.

Nah, Antori and dragon are no longer my vote. My vote’s for goldenstinger.

MarioNintendo 06-25-2019 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanzath (Post 4679900)
MN I see you reading the fucking thread

just

post please

I beg you

hiya

Yesterday, instead of sleeping I was thinking about this whole thing. I promise I will make a reads list before the end of the day in case I get killed.

Right now, I'm trying to shift my thinking to mechanics, and this is affecting the way I post. As I was falling asleep, my mind was going adrift and I had a bunch of ideas. I'll list them in 3 separate posts, I hope they make as much sense now as they did to me yesterday.

Thought #1 : A dead wolf's reads list

Because of the number of wolves in this game, this reads list from Shadow_God_10 is the only opportunity we will have at looking into a confirmed wolf's mind (before the end of the game):
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4679591)
Have a bullshit reads list that I summoned via demonic circle:

Mario- I'm wolf leaning because you've been all over the place and a little aggressive imo (I'm pretty sure I'm the only one thinking that)
Sanzath- More than likely town. +1 for the Haku wisdom you blessed us with
Yoshi- I have no idea who you are which makes it weird, not to mention you were prepared to sling Dragon to the sun for not even posting once. I'm very conflicted about you. Null for now
Antori- Probably not a wolf but if he's lurking in the shadows as one, he completely forgot to make his own presence known to all of us which I think is suspect
Raeko- AFK Raeko is probably beneficial for us newer players so that way she doesn't come swooping in to massacre us all.
Sven- You're town as fuck. You've been really helpful for the newer players and I, for one appreciate it a lot
GS- Dicks. Butts. and Dicks. You're a chaotic towny who would steal from his own villages candy supply.
Dragon- I had you as a wolf who wasn't sure how to react at first, but you opened up to us which made things way better for you. I'm very convinced you're town.

If I have to vote, then I'm probably going to say Antori because of potential bad play.

Before we read into this list, we must determine what was Shadow_God_10's as he was posting it.

Before we do, some facts:
* The list was posted 5.75 hours before his lynch
* At the time of his post, the votes were:
shadowgod (2)- Sven, Mario
dragonmega (1)- Shy
gold stinger (1)- antori
unvote- dragonmega, gold stinger, sanzath

Was Shadow_God_10 trying to save his own skin?
Surely. Reads look good in general, and he was probably hoping either H&H and/or I would remove our votes on him. The votes on him at that point weren't based on deep arguments: H&H voted right out of the gates, and I voted Shadow_God because his tone seemed "off" (aka nothing concrete, I wanted him to post just to get a better idea of his tone). In theory, the vote switch could have happened: H&H's vote for Shadow_God was during his 3rd post, which was the 5th post of the entire game. I believe H&H is the only one who aimed at the same person for the entirety of d0, so Shadow_God was probably hoping H&H would "be reasonable" and do like everyone else, which is to move their vote around. As for me, I switched votes a lot during d0, so Shadow_God was probably still feeling rather safe. I think the only point at which he felt in danger is when he posted
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4679629)
Welp.

just 1h10m before the deadline, at which point he went after gold stinger, probably thinking "There's no way I'm getting through this by arguing, so I'll use votes instead".
Was Shadow_God_10 trying to shift blame?
What I think: Probably. He did list me as wolf. Unless I'm mistaken, the only other person who had me as a wolf lean was Hateandhatred. I think Shadow_God was trying to get a bus rolling, but it never worked.

The other wolf leans Shadow_God had in his list were Yoshi and Antori.

Shadow_God and Antori: They had a bit of back and forth, with Antori's defense only being
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antori (Post 4679606)
whenever i try to explain my reads people jump on me and now it gave me ptsd.

goldstinger because this isn't his usual town meta i saw him play before, he's alot more"cautious" than i'm used to him.

yoshi because of low effort he'd done.

And for some reason this was automatically satisfactory for Shadow_God, who went on to pressure Yoshi right after.

Sanzath actually pointed at this interaction:
Quote:

Originally Posted by sanzath (Post 4679795)
big post but

I feel like the interaction between shadowgod and antori feels kinda manufactured? Like, if they're together in wolfchat, they could have come up with that entire sequence beforehand in an attempt to say "hey let's interact together to draw away suspicion". Idk, it feels fake to me.

Anyone else see it?

I agree that it feels odd, kind of like "there and done". No one else had the time to step into that interaction.

Shadow_God and Yoshi: Still null, no interaction at all from what I can see.

Was Shadow_God_10 protecting his wolf partner?
That's the million dollar question... Since he was "wolf leaning" me, I'm tempted to say that, yes, he was protecting his partner. He made this list 5.75 hours before getting lynched, hence he probably did not expect to die. He must have felt relatively safe. He either posted this list and expected his problems to go away, or he expected to die (!?) and posted this list to throw us off on d1.

Was Shadow_God_10 trying to create/join a bandwagon?
I think what was going on in Shadow_God_10's mind was what he could create a "tie" by voting for Gold Stinger. In fact, that's what he attempted 30 mins before the lynch, but because GS was able to shift his vote, Shadow_God perished. Shadow_God could have chosen dragonmegaXX or Hateandhatred (Sanzath had a vote on H&H at that point), but Shadow_God opted for GS for some reason. I believe this was a bad decision on Shadow_God's part, because
* In my opinion, GS was much more convincing as a town during d0 than dragonmegaXX. The reason Shadow_God gave for voting GS was:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4679647)
Something about you felt a little off and I was really confused here hold on...I'm gonna go back really fucking quick here

(of course, he never came back)
* If dragonmegaXX is the wolf, Shadow_God could have taken the opportunity to distance himself from the wolf, or possibly even take credit for their lynch.

While I have my reasons to say it was a bad play, Shadow_God was probably not being careless. Do the points above suggest Shadow_God had an agenda when posting for GS?

-> If GS and dragonmegaXX were both town: Shadow_God should have voted for dragonmegaXX. It would have been much easier for him to start a bandwagon and would have probably spared his life. He should have known dragonmegaXX is not active and hadn't cast a single vote at that point, making it a smaller risk.

-> If GS is wolf: Shadow_God would be pulling a reverse psychology on us. This would mean that GS is a freaking alpha wolf for being the final nail in the coffin of his partner. This play is way too risky in my opinion. I list it here for completedness, but I don't see this happening.

-> If dragonmegaXX is wolf: Shadow_God's only way to escape elimination is to vote for the only other town in the lynch pool. Seems more probable than GS as wolf.

?? What if Shadow_God had voted for Hateandhatred? That would have been the worst case scenario for towns at d1, because there would be no new information to extract (both are dead).

My takeaway:
- This makes dragonmegaXX and Antori look bad.
- Yoshi comes out 100% Null. Again. And I don't like that.

Thought #2 : When a wolf gives up
One set of posts that I couldn't get out of my head after the lynch was this one:

(6 minutes before deadline)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4679647)
Something about you felt a little off and I was really confused here hold on...I'm gonna go back really fucking quick here

(4 mintues before deadline)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4679648)
No I'm gonna keep it the way it is. I'm outtie! I'll catch you guys in the Post Game/Deadchat.

We go from
* Hey guys gimme a sec I can prove I'm innocent
to
* bye, I give up, see you next game, (soon you will know I'm a wolf and I'm ok with this)

There has to be a reason between this sudden switch in tone. I'll try to explore some of them

* Wolf chat interaction (aka "STFU, let me take it from here")
To me, this seems very probable. I can picture it in my head:
Quote:

------------ Wolf Chat ---------------
shadow: Holy shit there's only 4 minutes left
wolf: That's not enough time you'll get lynched
shadow: No I'll come up with something, find some quotes I can use, we can probably move some votes
wolf: I don't think they're going to buy it. If you give additional reads and fail to survive, you'll probably incriminate me in d1. I can't take that risk.
shadow: Alright dammit, good luck
wolf: Thanks, I can manage
------------ /Wolf Chat ---------------
If we want to believe this option, I think it gives a certain character to the other wolf:
* Planning for the next days of the game, worrying that some slips might get out during eod
* Confident that they're better off playing alone than risking being handicapped with a slip

Overall, to me this just screams "Veteran wolf", someone who has rolled wolf before, or has seen enough games to see where that eod was headed. Someone active enough to catch Shadow_God in mid-air and prevent them from spilling some beans.

Looking at our set of players, this would put some light on:
- Gold Stinger (hate to list him, because I like GS very much this game, but if he was wolf this is how I think he would play it)
- Melloncollie
- Sanzath

* Shadow_God_10 just didn't feel like playing anymore?
Maybe no one told Shadow_God to give up.

Maybe he had just had enough.
He told us he had had health problems the day before, so he could have been recovering. Maybe he was getting too stressed out and he started to feel physically ill.

However, I doubt that Shadow_God hara-kiri'd out of lack of interest. His last post says "I'll catch you guys in the Post Game/Deadchat.", meaning he's excited for the game to end so that he can be able to discuss it in more details later on.

Anyway, if this option was the case, it probably invalidates the option above, so it's worth considering if this was Shadow_God's state of mind at eod.

My takeaway:
If we read correctly Shadow_God's quoted posts above, we might be able to understand what kind of wolf partner we're dealing with.

MarioNintendo 06-25-2019 01:02 PM

Thought #3 : There's only one wolf left
I think this is the first time I'm in a game where there's only one wolf left standing. This got me thinking about how the mechanics change from this point on. The wolf is now unable to communicate with a teammate, both in the thread or in the secret wolf chat. This got me thinking.

We are all town except for one wold
This is a big change in mechanics. Fewer moving parts. The wolf has no possibility to vote or distance themself from their wolf partner from this point on. The only way a wolf can look good right now is by:
* Providing believable town reads (which should be easy, because the wolf knows anyone and everyone around them is town)
* Arguing a townie out of a lynch (which will always happen if they try)

I think "town reading" each other will give us a false sense of security. If I was a wolf on d1, I would try to make as little waves as possible: being invisible. It's easier to do this by "town reading" people than by "wolf reading" them. I think the wolf will still do their best to jump on a mislynch bus, but on d1 it seems risky.

This is why I delayed my posting a bit, I didn't want to overly influence the wolf's strategy.

Conclusion: To find the wolf this phase, I'll look at users who are
* easy going
* making obvious town reads (possibly to get people to agree with them and find them not menacing)

... I'll also be looking at people who seem to change personality after this specific post.

[b]How can a lonely wolf earn town's trust?
The wolf is in a tough position:
* All of their "town reads" will be correct
* ... But all of their "wolf reads" will be wrong

Thus, I believe the wolf will make as little reads as possible, not to leave any traces (especially if, after reading my Thought #2, we think we're dealing with a wolf who cares about slips).

I think that, if pressured, this wolf will give reads, possibly on all current players, but with no pressure, I don't see an incentive for them to give some bs reads (unless they are veteran, planned ahead and did exactly this). I also think that this post will influence the wolf's behavior, so I'll stay on the lookout for this.

MarioNintendo 06-25-2019 01:03 PM

Errata:
in thought 1:
Before we read into this list, we must determine what was Shadow_God_10's intent as he was posting it.

MarioNintendo 06-25-2019 01:10 PM

Errata:
in thought 2
In the wolfchat, I meant "shadow" to say only 6 minutes left

in thought 3
We are all town except for one wolf

MarioNintendo 06-25-2019 01:11 PM

Yeah I didn't preview my posts, lol

MarioNintendo 06-25-2019 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShyYoshiGuy (Post 4679923)
GS:

I’ve been busy, alwite? I still don’t see it. I read the pages you told me to read a couple more times, and I don’t see it. You’re trying to trick me by posting pages of long posts of TWG-lingo words. “It’s in there. If you don’t see it, that means you’re not paying attention/you’re inactive/you’re really bad at this game, and it has nothing to do with the fact that I can’t actually summarize my thoughts. Go back and read it a couple more times until you finally understand, it’s in there.”

Sanzath:

Where you said Shadow’s vote came from is the exact reason I can’t find it. It’s just random, lucky votes. Gotcha. But that also means all my previous reads are garbage because they’re based on the random, lucky votes.

I don't think gold stinger is the wolf....
But if my earlier reasoning is correct, I don't think you're wolf either.

Really, one scenario I'm seeing here that ticks all the boxes is melloncollie

* Doesn't post a lot
* Town reads everyone (she did ask Antori to defend themself, but melloncollie never made a flat-out wolf read)
* Is the most likely to tell Shadow_God to STFU in wolf chat as illustrated in my thought #2
* I can see Shadow_God reacting within 2 minutes to melloncollie telling him to STFU

(melloncollie probably didn't use the words STFU, but you get the idea)

MarioNintendo 06-25-2019 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 4679933)
* Doesn't post a lot

When I say "doesn't post a lot", I was mostly referring to d0. She did post a bit more (as she promised she would) in d1, so the inactivity doesn't factor in at this point in my opinion.

Rather, it has more to do with the fact that every post seems to very much go with the flow. It just stands out even more considering how limited her post count is.

MarioNintendo 06-25-2019 01:29 PM

Alright, done for now. Excited to hear what you guys think

ShyYoshiGuy 06-25-2019 01:56 PM

Quote:

* Doesn't post a lot
* Town reads everyone (she did ask Antori to defend themself, but melloncollie never made a flat-out wolf read)
* Is the most likely to tell Shadow_God to STFU in wolf chat as illustrated in my thought #2
* I can see Shadow_God reacting within 2 minutes to melloncollie telling him to STFU

Sounds good enough. melloncollie

MarioNintendo 06-25-2019 02:00 PM

wait, what happened to your gold stinger vote?

Why do you agree with me?

Remember, I have you on a wolf lean. I don't like driving a wagon with you on board

MarioNintendo 06-25-2019 02:01 PM

See my thought #1

dragonmegaXX 06-25-2019 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 4679936)

Honestly wow’d with how much thought you put into that. The only thing I thought odd was that you said I seemed in the top two most suspicious people in thought one, but then in thought two you said you found the people who were town reading the hardest were the ones who should auspicious, when I’ve spent today mainly just trying to defend myself. Though that could just be because I don’t have much faith in turning out reads right now, and also I’m just prone to focusing on myself in this kind of scenario anyways.

dragonmegaXX 06-25-2019 02:04 PM

Who should be suspicious* typing on mobile with have the text box visible is fun.

ShyYoshiGuy 06-25-2019 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 4679940)

Why do you agree with me?

Remember, I have you on a wolf lean. I don't like driving a wagon with you on board

Everyone seems to trust you and your arguments sound good.

MarioNintendo 06-25-2019 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX (Post 4679942)
Honestly wow’d with how much thought you put into that. The only thing I thought odd was that you said I seemed in the top two most suspicious people in thought one, but then in thought two you said you found the people who were town reading the hardest were the ones who should auspicious, when I’ve spent today mainly just trying to defend myself. Though that could just be because I don’t have much faith in turning out reads right now, and also I’m just prone to focusing on myself in this kind of scenario anyways.

Try to explore different scenarios, that's why I separated my thoughts into different posts. They sometimes suggest different explanations to similar phenomenons.

1) I listed you as wolf because of Shadow_God's reads on you.

2) I listed (and eventually voted) for melloncollie because she behaves in a way I think fits a wolf at this point in the game.

1) is based on evidence we're not fully sure how to interpret (maybe it's not even evidence)
2) is based on gut and pattern recognition.

Either one could be right. I'm listing everything I can in case I get killed.

MarioNintendo 06-25-2019 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShyYoshiGuy (Post 4679944)
Everyone seems to trust you and your arguments sound good.

There's a flaw in your reasoning.

Yes, everyone trusts I'm town. BECAUSE I'm town, it also means I do not have knowledge of who the wolves are. The way I see this is, the more you know someone is town, the more you know they don't know anything. I'm just shooting ideas.

If you follow my ideas blindly, you are one of two things:
- A wolf taking advantage of my ideas (because they fit your agenda)
- A lazy town

I liked you more when you were voting for gold stinger. Alas, I disagreed with your vote, but at least it showed some effort to challenge ideas (gold stinger is a hard town). You were starting to make waves.

Your tone/intent completely shifted right after my posts. It's too sudden. It's weird. It's as if you didn't believe anything when you were voting for gold stinger.

ShyYoshiGuy 06-25-2019 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 4679940)

He’s close behind, but your reasoning is better than mine. My reasoning’s just that his argument doesn’t hold any bound.

dragonmegaXX 06-25-2019 02:13 PM

Fair enough, I kind of assumed each thought was it’s own separate thing and weren’t necessarily connected. Just wanted to clarify.

Antori 06-25-2019 02:14 PM

my vote is gonna be back on goldstinger if dragon flips town cause i had gut he's wolfing
i still dont think mellon would be this inactive as wolf

Antori 06-25-2019 02:15 PM

thanks for the "my takeaway"s MN

ShyYoshiGuy 06-25-2019 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 4679946)
There's a flaw in your reasoning.

Yes, everyone trusts I'm town. BECAUSE I'm town, it also means I do not have knowledge of who the wolves are. The way I see this is, the more you know someone is town, the more you know they don't know anything. I'm just shooting ideas.

- A lazy town

I liked you more when you were voting for gold stinger. Alas, I disagreed with your vote, but at least it showed some effort to challenge ideas (gold stinger is a hard town). You were starting to make waves.

Your tone/intent completely shifted right after my posts. It's too sudden. It's weird. It's as if you didn't believe anything when you were voting for gold stinger.

Well ‘cuz my argument doesn’t sound as good in my head now, you convinced me. Though, I mean, voting for GS was just so he would explain himself, but that didn’t work, so.

Antori 06-25-2019 02:19 PM

people i think are pretty town: mellon, MN
people i think are suspect wolf: GS, dragon

ShyYoshiGuy 06-25-2019 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 4679946)
- A lazy town

Much less lazy, much more because I have no clue what I’m doing. But I am also lazy because I’m busy.

MarioNintendo 06-25-2019 02:20 PM

Just realize that by voting on melloncollie you are defending her more than she could have ever hoped to do by herself, is all.

the sun fan 06-25-2019 02:21 PM

Sanzath (1)- gold stinger
Dragon (1)- Antori
Antori (1)- Dragon
raeko (2)- Mario, Shy

ShyYoshiGuy 06-25-2019 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 4679954)
Just realize that by voting on melloncollie you are defending her more than she could have ever hoped to do by herself, is all.

So it’s a bad thing that I agree with you?

ShyYoshiGuy 06-25-2019 02:25 PM

It was a bad idea the last times I forgot to say I had to go, so I’m saying it now. I’ve gotta go help move.

MarioNintendo 06-25-2019 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShyYoshiGuy (Post 4679956)
So it’s a bad thing that I agree with you?

It's just the last thing I expected you to do. Because it challenges the way I pictured you as I was making my vote, it challenges my vote.

I'm sticking to my guns and will leave my vote here for the moment. But I don't like this situation one bit.

As far as I'm concerned, you guys should wait for melloncollie to defend herself (I know she will) before jumping on the wagon.

MarioNintendo 06-25-2019 02:40 PM

In the post above I'm talking about my vote for melloncollie, sorry for the confusion d-future peeps

mellon_collie 06-25-2019 02:50 PM

Quote:

* Doesn't post a lot

Your first two points are fair enough, especially about not posting. I'm hoping to get better in that regard today. I'm really not town reading everybody but I get that I haven't exactly made that clear

as for your other point, your posts are a bit dense so sorry if I'm missing something

but just to be clear you think shadow's partner told him to stop trying?

even if I was a wolf I would never ever tell my partner to give up, ever. one of my biggest peeves in this game is when people self vote or otherwise give up, I think you should always try to somehow talk your way out or at least meme rather than giving up.

I'm not sure how much I buy into that theory anyway. I think it's entirely possible shadowgod just realized his position was pretty impossible and gave up on his own. I don't think he would have needed someone else to tell him he only had four minutes

mellon_collie 06-25-2019 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShyYoshiGuy (Post 4679939)
Sounds good enough. melloncollie

this post really reminds me of the antori vote I picked on earlier. obviously they can't both be wolves but they bug me for the same reason

why did one post change your mind so easily?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShyYoshiGuy (Post 4679947)
He’s close behind, but your reasoning is better than mine. My reasoning’s just that his argument doesn’t hold any bound.

don't you think the votes last day give us any information? what do you think about gold stinger and shadowgod voting for each other, knowing that shadow was wolf?

mellon_collie 06-25-2019 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antori (Post 4679949)
my vote is gonna be back on goldstinger if dragon flips town cause i had gut he's wolfing
i still dont think mellon would be this inactive as wolf

are there any specific posts that give you that gut feeling for gold stinger?

do you think I was lying about being away for the weekend? basically, why would my activity be different based on my alignment?

gold stinger 06-25-2019 03:03 PM

Just got back from work, I like what has been posted in the thread, I've read all of it, I want to post about it, but I have to go back out for about another hour or so.

tl;dr I still think we should follow the lynch order I provided, or in the situation that Raeko ends up taking the majority vote because of MN's big dick reads I am ok with swapping Raeko & Sanzath in the lynch order.

I'll post more in-depth when I get back, just going to the local bank to do some banking.

MarioNintendo 06-25-2019 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4679961)
but just to be clear you think shadow's partner told him to stop trying?

even if I was a wolf I would never ever tell my partner to give up, ever. one of my biggest peeves in this game is when people self vote or otherwise give up, I think you should always try to somehow talk your way out or at least meme rather than giving up.

I'm not sure how much I buy into that theory anyway. I think it's entirely possible shadowgod just realized his position was pretty impossible and gave up on his own. I don't think he would have needed someone else to tell him he only had four minutes

You read that right. I think his "I'm outtie" post reads like there was some external intervention. I mean, just two minutes before that, he was still scrambling, trying to find anything to incriminate gold stinger.

Gold Stinger looks good, but I don't think he looks perfect. Considering at least 2 people voted/wanted to vote for him this phase, I think Shadow_God could have found something, anything, to sway them at the last second.

So we're back to square one. Either Shadow_God was told "you're going to make us lose, stop it!", or he gave up himself.

That doesn't seem like him, though. I truly read Shadow_God as someone who would fight until the end to a fault.

It's interesting that you say as a wolf partner you would never tell your partner to give up, ever. I guess I'll put on my archeologist hat and see what I can find. I don't want to, though. ugh lol

MarioNintendo 06-25-2019 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4679964)
because of MN's big dick

**** YES

dragonmegaXX 06-25-2019 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4679914)
so I'm doing this right now but something too glaring just stood out to me

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING ABOUT OUR POSTS THERE BUD

do our jokes and shitposts really mean so little to you

I just just read this and I meant I've not actually seen or read a single game of TWG through before XD I need to actually do that, Im sure I'd find many shit posts hilarious.

Just a small thing from trying to reread some of this day. I missed some things obviously.

gold stinger 06-25-2019 03:35 PM

back from bank.

gold stinger 06-25-2019 03:36 PM

Sanzath why did you wait 15 hours to respond to some of the stuff I put on you

gold stinger 06-25-2019 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanzath (Post 4679890)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4679806)
your wolf read on yoshi is weak. If you want to consider the scenario of manufactured evidence in Antori's favor, then you have to consider the same scenario possibly being manufactured against Yoshi, and Yoshi didn't even post. I've explained my point on dragonmega, and raeko, while I see it, it's waaaaaay the fuck out there, because the only time I really saw raeko in this thread was during EoD. I think there's a lot more evidence that says the wolf is elsewhere.

I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT THE FUCK YOU MEAN BY THE BOLDED PART

It means that if you're willing to consider the scenario that the conversation between Shadowgod and Antori is fabricated, then you should also take into consideration the possibility of the conversation between Shadowgod & Yoshi being fabricated, which didn't even happen because Yoshi was not around to post.

scum leaning Antori from that back and forth would mean town leaning Yoshi for me.

gold stinger 06-25-2019 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanzath (Post 4679891)
AND WHY WOULD I THEN PROCEED TO NIGHTKILL H&H?????

This is something I actually agree with. Wolf should have killed me.

gold stinger 06-25-2019 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanzath (Post 4679895)
I DON'T WANNA WOLFREAD YOU BUT GODDAMN IS IT HARD WHEN YOUR LYNCH ORDER GETS RID OF EVERYONE MOST LIKELY TO CONTEST YOU LEADING THE GAME AND LEAVES INACTIVE SHEEP ALIVE

I also agree with this, and it's quite infuriating. If the inactive set of town (ShyYoshiGuy, Antori, Raeko, dragonmega) don't start taking the reigns of the situation and start attempting to solve the game from outside of a mechanic standpoint then the next few day phases are going to be largely inactive, and ripe for the final wolf to steer conversation whichever way they please.

At least with MN's post I am satisfied knowing that no matter who dies in the night phase tonight, there's still going to be a lot of town solving happening.

MarioNintendo 06-25-2019 04:01 PM

Please wolf, whoever you are, even if you're alone in wolfchat, please write your thoughts and strategy as the game unfolds, i want to read this later

sanzath 06-25-2019 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antori (Post 4679908)
i dont read the bigger posts i just glance over them, yes i think dragon is still a good vote to my knowledge they haven't done anything to prove me otherwise
list of things that prove me otherwise:
-reads
-voting

wtf?

gold stinger 06-25-2019 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4679912)
Also I think sanzath's string of posts is mostly towny based on tone, I like his enthusiasm for the game and his frustration about people not posting seems genuine. I'd think a wolf would be more happy about a null game state

The fact that he is SO defensive toward gold stinger is a little bit worrisome and does look like overreacting based on how far away eod is and how many people even seem interested in following on that push at this point. but this could just be mixing with his frustration at the lack of activity

imho Sanzath pre-goldstinger vote d1 seemed like he was taking advantage of that null game state. Like it helps that questions are being tossed around now, but when you reflect on MN's post (Get ready to put on your tinfoil hats for this dose of tunnel vision):

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 4679928)
Overall, to me this just screams "Veteran wolf", someone who has rolled wolf before, or has seen enough games to see where that eod was headed. Someone active enough to catch Shadow_God in mid-air and prevent them from spilling some beans.

Looking at our set of players, this would put some light on:
- Gold Stinger (hate to list him, because I like GS very much this game, but if he was wolf this is how I think he would play it)
- Melloncollie
- Sanzath

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 4679929)
Conclusion: To find the wolf this phase, I'll look at users who are
* easy going
* making obvious town reads (possibly to get people to agree with them and find them not menacing)

It really does seem to me, that after Sanzath wasn't getting really anywhere with me, he shifted gears to open frustration on the game and swap to asking literally everyone questions about everything.

mellon_collie 06-25-2019 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4679976)
I also agree with this, and it's quite infuriating. If the inactive set of town (ShyYoshiGuy, Antori, Raeko, dragonmega) don't start taking the reigns of the situation and start attempting to solve the game from outside of a mechanic standpoint then the next few day phases are going to be largely inactive, and ripe for the final wolf to steer conversation whichever way they please.

At least with MN's post I am satisfied knowing that no matter who dies in the night phase tonight, there's still going to be a lot of town solving happening.

ok so here's my take on things as of right now:

I'm finding Antori and Yoshi suspicious for essentially the same reason. They both seem very easily persuaded and it's really hard for me to read them based on their reasoning since they both just kinda use other people's posts as reasoning.

I think Yoshi is more suspicious though based on a few things. I'm not sure about this post
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShyYoshiGuy (Post 4679953)
Much less lazy, much more because I have no clue what I’m doing. But I am also lazy because I’m busy.

it seems like excuses to sheep town read people, and not have a lot of accountability for his own reads

and also the fact that he wanted to lynch anyone inactive right off the bat. with so many inactives that seems like a safe mislynch bet for a wolf

I still think it's highly probable that gold stinger is town, and I wouldn't vote for MN today even though he is currently voting for me ;_;

Sanzath I'm going to have to read again since I wasn't quite paying enough attention yesterday and he's posted quite a bit. I liked his tone but that's not enough to go off at this point

Dragon I'm having a tough time reading despite ISOing them earlier

MarioNintendo 06-25-2019 04:14 PM

What does ISOing mean?

mellon_collie 06-25-2019 04:15 PM

@gold stinger

I get the idea of a lynch order based on votes, I think it's a good idea but just not with me at the front :mrgreen:

I think yoshi or even dragon would be better for first choices

mellon_collie 06-25-2019 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 4679982)
What does ISOing mean?

it means isolating one person's posts

gold stinger 06-25-2019 04:15 PM

dragonmega you really have to read from a standpoint that they've never played a game of TWG before, and whether or not they would have received assistance in playing the game through wolfchat in d0.

Antori and ShyYoshiGuy are both playing this game from a mechanical standpoint and they both aren't really reading why people are leaning the way they are. I mean, ShyYoshiGuy voting me is basically the pinnacle of that.

sanzath 06-25-2019 04:17 PM

reading MN's Thought posts right now

holy shit thank you

MarioNintendo 06-25-2019 04:20 PM

Anytime, bud

gold stinger 06-25-2019 04:21 PM

@MN what's your thoughts on my dragonmega read? ShyYoshiGuy didn't really see it and thought it was out there enough to vote me, Raeko can't see it

gold stinger 06-25-2019 04:22 PM

pointing specifically to this post

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4679799)
My problem with wolf votes on dragonmega this phase is because literally the entire game dragonmega has been playing a game where they do not know what certain things or opinions on plays are, and are doing wolfy things/making bad plays without even realizing it. Even if the argument is "But Shadowgod is also a brand new player and also made bad plays and doesn't know certain things", it doesn't change that dragonmega didn't know what a read was after the flip when Shadowgod did. I feel like if there was some level of confusion on how to read things in the thread, Shadowgod would have at least assisted that much getting their wolf partner on board.

dragonmegaXX 06-25-2019 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4679985)
dragonmega you really have to read from a standpoint that they've never played a game of TWG before, and whether or not they would have received assistance in playing the game through wolfchat in d0.

Antori and ShyYoshiGuy are both playing this game from a mechanical standpoint and they both aren't really reading why people are leaning the way they are. I mean, ShyYoshiGuy voting me is basically the pinnacle of that.

I realize this. To be honest I’ve seen both of them make simple decisions based on little to no information. When MN made his giant post, I wanted to support and maybe switch votes, but I kind of sensed it was a bait to see who would switch votes right away, and seeing Yoshi do just that kind of confirmed that. It was mainly me concerned that I wouldn’t be able to give valid reasons for why I switched or anything like that, because I don’t have a solid read on Antori or anything, I mainly voted because he was like the third person to kind of heavily read into the dead wolf’s read on me and it was getting annoying.

I understand the mechanics at this point. I’m just trying to figure out the mindsets and how people interpret things before I post things, because essentially anyone here from my perspective can be a wolf and seeing each other twist and turn votes/leads is making me nervous to come out of my shell and say anything I’m not 100% confident in.

MarioNintendo 06-25-2019 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4679988)
@MN what's your thoughts on my dragonmega read? ShyYoshiGuy didn't really see it and thought it was out there enough to vote me, Raeko can't see it

The only thing that makes dragon look bad in my eyes is Shadow_God's read on them. Dragon doesn't know the lingo, but it doesn't affect my opinion at all, since it's both so easy to fake and so probable to be true...

mellon_collie 06-25-2019 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4679988)

I just think you're putting a bit too much stock into wolf chat interactions. Shadow wouldn't have been able to predict that happening after his own flip, there's no way he could have coached dragon on what "read" meant if it just hadn't come up in their chat

especially if they are both clueless wolf chat wouldn't really help much.

I think being clueless is pretty NAI in itself, since someone wouldn't know any better just by rolling a certain alignment other than a few things from wolf chat (but again I don't think we should put too much stock into that)

MarioNintendo 06-25-2019 04:40 PM

Yoshi is worrying me a lot

Sanzath, I try to see GS's world, but I feel you are zoning out too much. From what I recall, he made some believable calls. I don't know how to interpret his vote on h&h, and I'm very afraid of his wolf game so I try to keep my eyes peeled... There are just so many more things sticking out from other players that I have a hard time focusing on sanz. Again, I can see him being wolf. That's because he plays exactly the same, whether he is wolf or town. We will catch Sanz by understanding the intent of his posts.

Honestly, Antori and dragon voting each other makes me think "Confused towns". It makes me want to focus my attention elsewhere

MarioNintendo 06-25-2019 04:41 PM

NAI = Not alignment indicative

mellon_collie 06-25-2019 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 4679995)
NAI = Not alignment indicative

sorry, I'll try to stop using so many random terms I keep forgetting this is a jTWG

gold stinger 06-25-2019 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4679983)
@gold stinger

I get the idea of a lynch order based on votes, I think it's a good idea but just not with me at the front :mrgreen:

I think yoshi or even dragon would be better for first choices

Honestly I just can't.

I truly think dragon didn't know enough about the game going into d0 eod. A lot of their posts give off generic wolf vibes and bad suggestions for game plays, not to mention a lack of TWG lingo.

And Sanzath wolf leaning Yoshi and then exerting pressure on Antori via possible back & forth with shadowgod, which:

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4679974)
if you're willing to consider the scenario that the conversation between Shadowgod and Antori is fabricated, then you should also take into consideration the possibility of the conversation between Shadowgod & Yoshi being fabricated, which didn't even happen because Yoshi was not around to post.

scum leaning Antori from that back and forth would mean town leaning Yoshi for me.

dragonmegaXX 06-25-2019 04:45 PM

My dumbass also just realized GS was talking to Raeko and not me nice

gold stinger 06-25-2019 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 4679994)
Honestly, Antori and dragon voting each other makes me think "Confused towns". It makes me want to focus my attention elsewhere

This.

gold stinger 06-25-2019 04:48 PM

Add Yoshi in there y'all a buncha confused af towns

dragonmegaXX 06-25-2019 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4680001)
Add Yoshi in there y'all a buncha confused af towns

I feel like this is the whole point of hosting a jTWG

gold stinger 06-25-2019 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanzath (Post 4679891)
AND WHY WOULD I THEN PROCEED TO NIGHTKILL H&H?????

btw this is quality wifom material

sanzath 06-25-2019 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 4679936)

wow

cool post

Regarding thought #1:
Quote:

Was Shadow_God_10 protecting his wolf partner?
That's the million dollar question... Since he was "wolf leaning" me, I'm tempted to say that, yes, he was protecting his partner. He made this list 5.75 hours before getting lynched, hence he probably did not expect to die. He must have felt relatively safe. He either posted this list and expected his problems to go away, or he expected to die (!?) and posted this list to throw us off on d1.
Can you expand on this a bit? Do you mean that this particular point makes you think the wolf is within the people he townread and not within the people he nullread?

As an aside, staring at the reads list so much, I just noticed he didn't even say that Raeko was null, just that "it was good she wasn't here".

Regarding thought #2:

I still have no idea why he gave up like that. I think your wolfchat theory is interesting, but of the people you listed, Raeko's the only real possibility to me. Considering she was indeed in thread at EoD (responded to his "see you in deadchat/postgame!" post with "??"s), I suppose it could have happened.

sanzath 06-25-2019 04:56 PM

(accidentally posted because I forgot I was making a post for all 3 thoughts)

Regarding thought #3:

You declaring your intent to watch out for people changing their behaviour will also change their behaviour, lol

MarioNintendo 06-25-2019 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 4679994)
Yoshi is worrying me a lot

Sanzath, I try to see GS's world, but I feel you are zoning out too much. From what I recall, he made some believable calls. I don't know how to interpret his vote on h&h, and I'm very afraid of his wolf game so I try to keep my eyes peeled... There are just so many more things sticking out from other players that I have a hard time focusing on sanz. Again, I can see him being wolf. That's because he plays exactly the same, whether he is wolf or town. We will catch Sanz by understanding the intent of his posts.

Clarification: the "you" in my Sanzath read is Gold Stinger. I am not talking to Sanz in this post

sanzath 06-25-2019 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShyYoshiGuy (Post 4679923)
GS:

Sanzath:

I don't get this, specifically the bolded part.

- you never stated in any of your previous posts that you were reading anyone based on the fact that they had voted (or not) on shadowgod. (this is why it's important to actually post what you're thinking, not just think it!)
- even if you did, "random lucky votes" are never random when they come from the wolf. A wolf doesn't "randomly" land their vote on their wolf partner. If they do, it's because they're throwing their partner under the bus (usually referred to as "bussing"), which is pretty much against their own win condition, if they do it so early in the game.

gold stinger 06-25-2019 05:06 PM

would shadowgod townread dragonmega because mellon_collie townread dragonmega

if only the game were that simple

gold stinger 06-25-2019 05:08 PM

I'm gonna have to reread all of Sanzath's posts now if you think he made some believable calls because I didn't see any that stood out as believable to me.

gold stinger 06-25-2019 05:09 PM

Most of the stuff that I agree with from him are situations pertaining to the game as a whole, some of which I do agree with.

gold stinger 06-25-2019 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanzath (Post 4679412)
The safest strat as a wolf is to post very little. I am a wolf. Therefore I shall post very little.

good job btw

sanzath 06-25-2019 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4679961)

I can attest to raeko absolutely hating self-votes

[daily mafia flashbacks]

But that doesn't completely discredit MN's point. You could have said "hey maybe don't do the thing you're about to do" without actually saying "yo give up", and shadowgod just took it the wrong way?

it's just a theory tho

ShyYoshiGuy 06-25-2019 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanzath (Post 4680008)
I don't get this, specifically the bolded part.

- you never stated in any of your previous posts that you were reading anyone based on the fact that they had voted (or not) on shadowgod. (this is why it's important to actually post what you're thinking, not just think it!)
- even if you did, "random lucky votes" are never random when they come from the wolf. A wolf doesn't "randomly" land their vote on their wolf partner. If they do, it's because they're throwing their partner under the bus (usually referred to as "bussing"), which is pretty much against their own win condition, if they do it so early in the game.

Oof, you right. Ok fine, I’m not sure what I believe anymore.