Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   It's Ayu Day! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=147831)

MixMasterLar 07-1-2017 03:13 PM

It's Ayu Day!

Today is the day we all remember that Ayumi Hamasaki is a thing, and that she did things, and all that.

To celebrate, I recreated my favorite album cover:

So enjoy that!

Also it wouldn't be right without a link to July 1st so here you go

updated lyric video

alt link to the live version

Reincarnate 07-1-2017 08:13 PM

Re: It's Ayu Day!

Utsukushisugiru mono bakari
Atsumete narabete nagamete
Kirei na yume bakari mite wa
Genjitsu wo tada nageita

mellonxcollie 07-1-2017 08:31 PM

yes

may we never forget the otherworldly fusion of two of the best things ever... AYUROMIX

this video is bringing back nostalgic and slightly traumatic memories of learning para para routines before HD video was a thing

Reincarnate 07-1-2017 11:40 PM

A lot of those songs are forever burned into my memory -- they were really helpful back in the days when I was trying to learn the language.

MixMasterLar 07-2-2017 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reincarnate (Post 4567363)
Utsukushisugiru mono bakari
Atsumete narabete nagamete
Kirei na yume bakari mite wa
Genjitsu wo tada nageita

This isn't a song from Rainbow.....lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellonxcollie (Post 4567369)
yes

may we never forget the otherworldly fusion of two of the best things ever... AYUROMIX

this video is bringing back nostalgic and slightly traumatic memories of learning para para routines before HD video was a thing

Holy shit it has been a solid decade since I've seen any dances to these mixes.

The Euro mixes of Evolution and Independence are very, very nostalgic for me and instrumental to why I got into Jpop past what was in DDR. The actual songs are also worth the time.

Also, even though it's more about shit I can't relate to half the time, I f*cking love Rainbow as an album. July 1st and Dolls are the shit. I've had the actual CD since 2008.

Reincarnate 07-2-2017 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4567454)
This isn't a song from Rainbow.....lol

Neither are a lot of the songs in the video -- who cares? Naturally is still a great song (prob. my favorite of hers -- I always associate it with the early days of Stepmania / DWI):

Always loved these as well

Evolution (Goldenscan remix):

M (Above and Beyond remix) -- this was my introduction to her music altogether (and now that I think about it, Above and Beyond's music, too), via some random simfile that has probably been lost to time:

As for Rainbow though, I always found Taskinillusion to be a really interesting and unusual track -- I've only ever usually heard it as an instrumental.

mellonxcollie 07-2-2017 03:45 PM

I always used to play MonsterJoe's M Above & Beyond file on ITG. could never pass it now. such a fun file though

MixMasterLar 07-2-2017 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reincarnate (Post 4567555)
I always found Taskinillusion to be a really interesting and unusual track -- I've only ever usually heard it as an instrumental.

It doesn't have any words as far as I know, unless you mean it has the backing vocal taken out in another compilation or something.

Which is.......odd of them to do.

MixMasterLar 07-1-2018 10:10 PM

Instead of a new thread I'll bump this one

Today (in it's last 2 hours) make it a point to listen to all of Ayu Trance 2 it's still fucking good.

Also still upset that no one really got the joke in post 1. Like I'm honored y'all are supporting in my fandom but you didn't have to look at that horrible photo and be like "yeah we're just gonna be nice to Lar on this one" lol.

DaBackpack 07-1-2018 10:27 PM

mellonxcollie 07-1-2018 11:36 PM

Ayu aaaaayu Ayu

Nyokou 07-14-2018 01:19 PM

I wonder if she's ever going to retire like Namie Amuro just did

MixMasterLar 07-14-2018 09:02 PM

HOLY SHIT NYOKOU LONG TIME NO SEE It has been forever lol

I don't even try to keep up with the amount of content that Ayu pumps out, her and her producers are machines. I will be surprised if she's still at this pace in 10 years. At that point it'll probably be one last Best Of collection and tours.

Funnygurl555 07-14-2018 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4567293)
To celebrate, I recreated my favorite album cover:

So enjoy that!

this killed me you're my new favorite person on the forums

MixMasterLar 07-1-2019 02:36 AM

Instead of doing my own cover for July 1st (look man, June sucked lol) I'm posting this waaaaay talented cover instead

Basically I still love Ayu's older stuff and if you don't listen to it you should....or at least scroll up and listen to the Euromixes that Raeko linked.

Maybe if I find the time today I'll sing karaoke and para dance....wouldbt be the craziest thing I've done for July 1st lmao

DaBackpack 07-1-2019 04:58 AM

mellon_collie 07-1-2019 09:40 AM

HAPPY AYU DAY EVERYONE!

UGUU

roundbox 07-1-2019 09:43 AM

UGUU

DaBackpack 07-1-2019 11:27 AM

UGUU