Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Bush Booed at Inauguration... (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=105105)

PlaceboFX 01-21-2009 06:53 PM

Bush Booed at Inauguration...

I was there and let me tell you, it was a horrible thing to listen to. I was actually embarrassed and could not even look at the expression on his face as he made his way to his seat. People were laughing, pointing, mocking, etc. It was like a sideshow. I enjoyed every moment of this event until this happened and tried my best to forget it afterwards.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_159507.html

What do you think?

Xandertrax 01-21-2009 06:56 PM

Re: Bush Booed at Inauguration...

I would've done it if I were there. Look at the state of our country right now. Sure, some of it was inevitable, but the past 8 years have not exactly helped.

Adamaja456 01-21-2009 06:58 PM

maybe if he had done a better job, people wouldn't boo him.

foilman8805 01-21-2009 07:00 PM

I think the booing was pretty ridiculous and uncalled for. Inauguration day was about Obama becoming president, not Bush leaving the presidency; however, it seems millions of people would have us think the opposite.

Who is to say that the same **** wouldn't have happened if Gore or Kerry were ever elected in his stead? I seriously wonder how people can just assume that the country would be better if Bush was never elected. They have no clue, and booing him doesn't fix or change anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamaja456 (Post 2958704)
maybe if he had done a better job, people wouldn't boo him.

Maybe if more than half of the American public didn't vote for him twice in 8 years, he would never have to be booed. So maybe we should boo everyone who voted for him in 2000 and 2004 instead.

Mr. Bob 01-21-2009 07:10 PM

i completely agree with foilman

i feel bad for bush. being the president is the most technical occupation in the entire nation imo

it's as if people think that EVERYTHING bad in the country is directly the president's fault; it isn't :P

Zybanthia 01-21-2009 07:10 PM

Whether the President screwed up or not, taking part in spreading that sort of negativity, especially on a day that calls for much respect for America's leaders, only says negative things about you.

ii GuRu 01-21-2009 07:15 PM

hahahah i hate that douchebag. god damn im so glad he is out. seriously our country would have been a pile of **** if he was still in office. Obama will do great things for our country

coraleaterlinda 01-21-2009 07:18 PM

i think that was wrong. they should not have done that, it makes them look really immature. it was supposed to be a celebration.

Cloud0005 01-21-2009 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ii GuRu (Post 2958740)
hahahah i hate that douchebag. god damn im so glad he is out. seriously our country would have been a pile of **** if he was still in office. Obama will do great things for our country

Did you read Mr.Bob's post?

I personally don't like Bush but either way, it's the most stressful job you could have. Give him a break.

ZC_Wolfy 01-21-2009 07:22 PM

That's incredibly immature. I don't see why anyone in their right minds would do something like that.

MrRubix 01-21-2009 07:28 PM

I agree, very tacky and uncalled for

funmonkey54 01-21-2009 07:28 PM

The united states government has a system of checks and balances in act. The president, does not make the entire decision. If you are to boo him out, then why are you not booing all of the political figures?

wickedawesomeful 01-21-2009 07:31 PM

What, are you guys worried about hurting the little presidents feelings?

****, he's going to go back to his huge-ass house on his huge-ass ranch in Texas and forget about it. Shut up.

Zybanthia 01-21-2009 07:31 PM

That's really not the point.

Cloud0005 01-21-2009 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wickedawesomeful (Post 2958758)
What, are you guys worried about hurting the little presidents feelings?

****, he's going to go back to his huge-ass house on his huge-ass ranch in Texas and forget about it. Shut up.

Someone wanted McCain to win.

wickedawesomeful 01-21-2009 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloud0005 (Post 2958760)
Someone wanted McCain to win.

Really?

Who?

MrRubix 01-21-2009 07:39 PM

I feel like booing out the ex-President at such a huge ceremony is really disrespectful. He may go back to a big house on a big house, but he'll go down in the history books as a very unpopular man whose intelligence and decision-making abilities were constantly questioned. He'll be known as an ineffective President, where some of the worst financial disasters/foreign relation deteriorations occurred during his Presidency. That seems to be pretty bad punishment, in my eyes.

The least people could do is respect the fact that, horrible President or not, no one man has power of everything. There are many natural functions to the business cycle that are simply beyond Presidential control. There are many players in the game of our economy, and we can't just pin it all on the leader. I'm not saying his decisions were the best either -- he certainly wasted a lot of resources and made very poor foreign policy decisions. But booing him like that is just poor form and really immature.

PlaceboFX 01-21-2009 07:41 PM

It isn't so much how Bush feels right now (although I can't imagine what it must feel like to be hated by the entire planet), but how the world perceives our behavior right now. If this is a time for change, then we must learn to change our behavior and as Obama mentioned, take responsibility for our actions. The booing made us look like imbeciles. Silence would have spoken volumes louder than booing, and we would have come out looking better for it.

musicdemon 01-21-2009 07:44 PM

Those people have no respect. Since Obama's been in the spotlight, it's almost as if his supporters were one "team" and those who back our president were another. They act like they are the Red Sox jeering at the Yankees! This man served our country for 8 years, and no matter what you think of him, at least show him some common courtesy.

MrRubix 01-21-2009 07:45 PM

I don't agree with all of Obama's decisions, but I really feel that he's taking some bold steps in the right direction. His ability to break down important priorities in a modular way is something I've honestly been waiting for in a President -- his desire to go through and re-optimize everything is ambitious, but I feel like it's a necessary evil at this point. We need to re-establish trust in our government, and I hope that Obama holds to his word when he made his promise to make the problemsolving strategies more open so that the people know what's going on, instead of this haze of misaligned notions and unclear priorities that pretty much defined the Bush Presidency.