Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG 194 - Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151853)

Bolth mannn 04-27-2020 01:09 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

I was going to listen to my gut more coming into this game because of how last game went but my initial scum gutreads were Xel, Leetic and Funnygurl so my odds are looking pretty awful. I think it was a one off, guys

Here’s my thought on everyone thus far

DaBackpack: I see a big lack of leadership compared to what I’m used to, and I’m not sure if this is because, as he said, he’s changing up his playstyle, or if it’s because he is scum. He seems to genuinely believe the reads he is making so I tend to lean him town, but I want to see how he re-enters this phase.

Hakulyte: I don’t know if I still just have no idea how to read Haku or if I’m getting much better at reading him, but Haku is acting incredibly towny from my perspective. I don’t really have any intention of voting for this slot anytime soon.

FFA: The fact that you are being such an agreeable guy(™) this game is sketching me out a bit, because it's not what I’m used to. I AM townreading you, but my gut says somethings up.

Funnygurl: Green McQueen, I don’t like your playstyle in this game but logic and maths dictates you are a town.

Jessie: A pretty hard null for me. Funny seems pretty confident that Jessie is scum, and there’s certainly not anything about Jessies playstyle that screams town at me, but there’s also nothing screaming scum. I would personally really like Funny to elaborate on her read of Jessie.

Ullea: Another hard null for me. I don’t really understand why there's so many people scumreading this person, did I miss something? There wasn’t many posts in d0 but they all seemed quite full of valuable content, imo. I did like Leetic’s call out of Ullea’s first post, though, everything Leetic mentioned made a lot of sense.

Leetic: I don’t like to vote for cops

Xiz: I’m going to be called antitown for this but I really don’t see how his actions last phase were remotely pro town. It was chaos play, I don’t like it, and I still really want to vote here, even though it seems like yea, the mechanically correct thing to do at this point is leave him alive until massclaim.

MML: I don’t think I’ve played a game with MML where he wasn’t town, and his play seems very inline with what I’m used to. I’m pretty happy townreading him for now. His progressions seem natural and his tunnels don’t seem forced. Also, buy a new phone.

Dusk: It’s my meme buddy! The entire interaction I had with him d0 screams town at me, but I’m hesitant to lock it in. I feel like if I had just come directly from a wolf game into another, I would be memeing the fuck out of it as well, as a combat to fatigue. I don’t think I want to go here this phase but I’ll be keeping a close eye on how his play progresses.

Going to vote between Xiz, Jessie, FFA, Ullea or Dbp unless something major happens. I think our wolves are hiding in these 5 people.

flashflash account 04-27-2020 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4727175)
Dusk: It’s my meme buddy! The entire interaction I had with him d0 screams town at me, but I’m hesitant to lock it in. I feel like if I had just come directly from a wolf game into another, I would be memeing the fuck out of it as well, as a combat to fatigue. I don’t think I want to go here this phase but I’ll be keeping a close eye on how his play progresses.

this seems an insightful take

flashflash account 04-27-2020 01:12 AM

but ugh stop comparing me to anything we have not played together fam

Hakulyte 04-27-2020 01:12 AM

Quote:

The role distribution has been changed to:

TTTTTTT = 1-Shot Roleblocker + Godfather, Serial Killer (Conditional Extra Ability)

TTTTTT = 1-Shot Role Cop + Godfather

TTTTT = 1-Shot Role Cop + Godfather, Serial Killer (Conditional Extra Ability)

TTTT = 1-Shot Role Cop + Roleblocker + Godfather

TTT = Role Cop + Roleblocker + Godfather, Serial Killer (Conditional Extra Ability)

TT = Role Cop + Roleblocker + Godfather

T = Role Cop + Roleblocker + Godfather Serial Killer (Conditional Extra Ability)

0 Ts = 2 Role Cops + Roleblocker
Odds of Godfather is insanely high.
Odds of SK is fairly high if V (1-shot vigi only) because it creates impair number.

It could still be wrong if we have another 1-shot type, but if we have like 2 full roles, we would have a SK I think.

flashflash account 04-27-2020 01:16 AM

well, there wasn't a second kill last night so I'm assuming there isn't an SK
(unless xiz is the SK and got blocked, which is likely tbh)

Hakulyte 04-27-2020 01:16 AM

I have a theory that Xiz could have been SK and his vest is out.

He could still meme win in lylo if he plays his cards right.

flashflash account 04-27-2020 01:17 AM

duskfall being absent is notable to me, but knowing them it's entirely possible they just forgot the game exists in the day we had off

flashflash account 04-27-2020 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4727180)
I have a theory that Xiz could have been SK and his vest is out.

He could still meme win in lylo if he plays his cards right.

vest over investigation immune is trolling tho

jessiebessie 04-27-2020 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4727157)
nope >:O

why are you town

Are you... a wolf .-.

Hakulyte 04-27-2020 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4727182)
vest over investigation immune is trolling tho

Nah, you can play it like the Vigi got roleblocked by woof woof.

Hakulyte 04-27-2020 01:22 AM

@Bolth

Since this setup is C9, it's not unheard of to have a wolf leave fake marks in their entrance.

In fact, it's the kind of stuff wolf me would do in this setup.

Bolth mannn 04-27-2020 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4727177)
but ugh stop comparing me to anything we have not played together fam

I don't like the casual brushing off of my point, though, because we actually HAVE played together, and I don't really care how long I was in the game, I was reading you very differently to how I'm reading you now

Bolth mannn 04-27-2020 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4727185)
Since this setup is C9, it's not unheard of to have a wolf leave fake marks in their entrance.

I don't understand what you're saying here

MixMasterLar 04-27-2020 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4727146)
you guysssss haku is pretty towny
dunno why mml thinks otherwise

Fucking quote where I said this

Hakulyte 04-27-2020 01:32 AM

MML only said I was dumb for voting him and he's completely right to say that.

btw MML, do you remember if I left fake entrance bs stuff when we CC'd each others in this exact same setup ? (I was wolf)

I feel like leetic could be staging up the same thing where the goal is to leave a check on Funny to clear her further in the game.

I'm asking because I had a very similar plan in that game, but I ended up leaving a green check on a town player to troll people in F3.

It didn't work, but whatever.

flashflash account 04-27-2020 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4727071)
Next phase starts this phase

I need to see if we have a vigi that for whatever reason didn't claim and took a shot. Once people have checked in and I know that's not worth speculating it's time to demand Bolth, Uli, Jessie and anyone else under 25 posts to make some hard reads and be accountable. Everyone should probably give updated reads but those with less content last phase have no excuse

If he flips town and I don't have any other leads, frankly, you rub me the wrong way FFA and we'll gonna end up addressing that eventually

With Leetic and Funny currently cleared, Xel's gone and Xiz out of the picture.....I think DBP looks good so it's literally starting with FFA/Haku/Bolth/Jessie/Uli as possible scums and going from there. I want to say Uli won't let me down this phase and we can remove her from the list making it 4, but I want to see what she does. She doesn't get a d0 pass on d2

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4727074)
I mean yeah?

Name a strat

Wolf Haku does that.

Only difference from Town Haku and Wolf Haku is Wolf Haku likes the big bold plays midway through the game

pairing this with your aggression towards haku earlier, I interpreted this to mean you don't find them towny

Hakulyte 04-27-2020 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4727071)
I think DBP looks good so it's literally starting with FFA/Haku/Bolth/Jessie/Uli as possible scums and going from there.

I definitely disagree with that list atm, but it's not like I have the best list either. I'm still thinking out loud.

We need to find the right thematics that leads to the right players based on what can be done in this setup.

flashflash account 04-27-2020 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4727186)
I don't like the casual brushing off of my point, though, because we actually HAVE played together, and I don't really care how long I was in the game, I was reading you very differently to how I'm reading you now

what was the difference
don't give me the bullcrap "you're being more agreeable this time" because frankly it's meaningless buzzwordiness, and I don't necessarily agree with the point, I just think it's funny. It's also pretty subjective and situational

a single game is hardly enough to form a meta read, especially when you consider people who have known me basically half my career still can't read me

funnygurl knows what's up, by just giving up on reading me and looking at my associatives to see if I actually am viable partners with anyone (the answer is typically no)
it's worth noting that fg isn't actually doing that at all this game, which is why they were my cfd target d1 and the general suspicion of them this game stemmed from this

so no, I will casually brush off your point unless you can defend it well enough to force me to give it more merit

Funnygurl555 04-27-2020 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessiebessie (Post 4727183)
Are you... a wolf .-.

do you think i'm a wolf

Funnygurl555 04-27-2020 01:41 AM

alright ffa so do you see the problem with bolth's reads list?