Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Song Corrections Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=128295)

DossarLX ODI 04-8-2016 04:44 PM

Re: Song Corrections [NEED FEEDBACK]

KXLU1 was a title to indicate the first original track played in Lauren Bousfield's set on July 31st at KXLU in 2014, although on January 29th he released the official track name to Bandcamp: Clocked, which I've changed the song name ingame from KXLU1 to Clocked.

XelNya 04-8-2016 05:26 PM

Re: Song Corrections [NEED FEEDBACK]

You have a mistake listed on "Call Me Maybe (Grabbitz Remix)" where you list that you're gonna change the artist to just "Carly Rae Jepsen" which would be wrong I think. (Might just be you planned to just add it in, but based on the rest of the list I think it's an error.)

Digging the changed to the rock titles having like "heavy" and such removed when there's not two charts in game. Never understood that in the first place after the widgets where killed off.

Did the author of Papyrus Adventure really write it that way without an apostrophe? Because it probably should be "Papyrus' Adventure"

And the Sleep [Part 2] change is great. I was torn when submitting it which would be better. (In case someone asks, yes it picks up exactly where Alloys' left off, so a [light] and [heavy] tag for the songs is not correct.)

Any time you say "feat. Hatsune Miku" or whatever it happens to be you could probably get away with "Ft. Hatsune Miku" for space reasons unless you're trying to be wicked precise :D

Wait we're finally putting the word fuck into song titles? Finally.

"It's Over" by Yuyoyuppe's author should be Yuyoyuppe ft. Merami
Source: https://remywiki.com/It's_over you could probably look it up through a sound vortex video or something though to triple check if you'd like but I saw like two different wikis acknowledge this.

Also purposing we go through and parental advisory consistently, or remove it entirely. If asked, I'd probably leave it out.

That said I don't know anything about most of the other songs in here. But it looks good.

Fallaise 01-13-2019 03:53 PM

Re: Song Corrections Thread

A few minor mistakes on the authors names for the files Zephyros, Anima and Fractured Sunshine. Zephyros and Anima are credited to Xi while every other xi song is credited with a lowercase x. And Fractured Sunshine is credited to Terminal11 rather than Terminal 11 like every other file.

DossarLX ODI 01-13-2019 05:20 PM

I think you meant Anima and Death Piano v2. Both have been fixed to all lowercase (xi) and Fractured Sunshine has updated the song artist to Terminal 11 (with a space).

Fallaise 01-13-2019 05:24 PM

Oh woops, thank you Dossar!

Moria 09-27-2019 05:50 PM

Deamerai's "No Reply" by Nvoise has no genre or "song style".
its nothing major but i figured someone should mention it

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...php?level=2663

edit: nevermind i read the date wrong, i noticed all the songs during the tourney have gotten the same treatment but i only mentioned it cause i thought it was released back in may. turns out its just the american dating system so it didnt make any sense at all.
my bad, ignore this post.

psychoangel691 09-27-2019 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moria (Post 4699374)
Deamerai's "No Reply" by Nvoise has no genre or "song style".
its nothing major but i figured someone should mention it

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...php?level=2663

I haven't done everything added during the OT yet

Moria 09-27-2019 05:57 PM

yeah my bad, i get that

i just thought it was released in may so i thought it was overlooked, blame your dating system

XCV 03-5-2021 08:57 PM

Three Ring Nightfall is by Hadyn, an OC Remixer, not Haydn, the composer.

https://soundcloud.com/ocremix/1-07-...ring-nightfall

jh05013 02-3-2022 02:28 AM

The original title of Mabi V2 is translated as "An Old Story from Grandma (SHK Remake)". I don't think it was released as any English name, let alone as Mabi V2.

https://soundcloud.com/soundholick/shk-remake

http://egloos.zum.com/ishk/v/1973182/

Not sure if this thread is still active, but posting it here anyway.

gold stinger 02-3-2022 02:59 AM

Working on pushing the massive Song Author re-linking project first before changing stuff that is posted here, since it inherently edits every song in the game including some names, author attribution, stepauthor, etc.

The Hadyn issue was addressed in the project but not Mabi V2.

Just ping me in Discord or DM me if the project fixes go out and I forget to change it after the matter.

gold stinger 02-12-2022 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jh05013 (Post 4775835)
The original title of Mabi V2 is translated as "An Old Story from Grandma (SHK Remake)". I don't think it was released as any English name, let alone as Mabi V2.

https://soundcloud.com/soundholick/shk-remake

http://egloos.zum.com/ishk/v/1973182/

Not sure if this thread is still active, but posting it here anyway.

This should be fixed now. If you see any more issues with attribution or song transliteration, bump the thread or DM me and I'll get to it.

jh05013 02-12-2022 11:08 PM

Nice, thanks!

I think the whole sheet in the main post is worth looking at, but the most incorrect titles I'm aware of are:

- The correct title of "Ascii Art Core" is "/^o^\"
- The correct title of "Of course you Need and...NEED ME" is "Ofcourse you Need and nEed and neEd and neeD and NEED ME?"

jh05013 02-14-2022 09:07 AM

The following songs have inconsistent capitalizations. They should be either all uppercase or all properly capitalized:

FAKE PROMISE
LITTLE GOD CH@NNEL
11ELEVEN, TAKECORE OF YOURSELF, IVALTEK
BLUE ARMY (need to find image, but it's written in uppercase in vgmdb.net)
STRAWBERRY SWEETZ, HEY HEY MONKEY, SHIND BAD, STRANGEPROGRAM
PANTS
POWERPUFF GABBERZ, OTAKU SPEEDVIBE, BLUE NOAH

Psychotik 02-14-2022 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jh05013 (Post 4776081)
- The correct title of "Ascii Art Core" is "/^o^\"

This was brought up on the discord before. If we want to use a more accurate song name that isn't just ascii art, the proper translation of that song title is "Fujisan".

justin 02-14-2022 11:00 AM

Mentioned this to GS direct but will post here as I haven't heard from him and it's been a few days.

DubstEpic Symphony should be corrected to DubstEpic Symph. I don't know when the rename took place but it's uniform across Spotify, Apple Music, iHeart Radio, Deezer, YouTube, SoundCloud, and other places.

I've already updated the wiki entry for the song, just need the update in FFR.

gold stinger 02-14-2022 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin (Post 4776114)
Mentioned this to GS direct but will post here as I haven't heard from him and it's been a few days.

DubstEpic Symphony should be corrected to DubstEpic Symph. I don't know when the rename took place but it's uniform across Spotify, Apple Music, iHeart Radio, Deezer, YouTube, SoundCloud, and other places.

I've already updated the wiki entry for the song, just need the update in FFR.

fixed, appreciate the wiki work! Made sure to update both your wiki page & WV's wiki page with the correct name as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psychotik (Post 4776113)
This was brought up on the discord before. If we want to use a more accurate song name that isn't just ascii art, the proper translation of that song title is "Fujisan".

The true ascii art name would actually break syntax naming schemes within FFR, so it's not used. However, if there's backing proof for proper transliteration support being "Fujisan" for the name, I am ok with changing it to that, despite maybe confusing some players about what sort of song it is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jh05013 (Post 4776112)
The following songs have inconsistent capitalizations. They should be either all uppercase or all properly capitalized:

FAKE PROMISE
LITTLE GOD CH@NNEL
11ELEVEN, TAKECORE OF YOURSELF, IVALTEK
BLUE ARMY (need to find image, but it's written in uppercase in vgmdb.net)
STRAWBERRY SWEETZ, HEY HEY MONKEY, SHIND BAD, STRANGEPROGRAM
PANTS
POWERPUFF GABBERZ, OTAKU SPEEDVIBE, BLUE NOAH

All changed until someone complains that they are capitalized differently otherwise (such-as capitalization for the sake of print, since most of these proofs are from the back of the record. Can't really argue with PANTS though since non-capitalization exists for that one).

Matthia 02-14-2022 12:24 PM

So a few months back, I noticed that the artist tags of all songs titled "Rain" has been removed (like Rain [YMCK]).

If that was the intention, there are a few other song pairs with tags that should probably also be removed to maintain consistency (if that wasn't the intention though, you could probably just re-add those tags)

However there are pairs of titles which consists of one having a tag and one not, in which I would probably do something about it:

(special case, B capitalization is different, so tags aren't needed regardless)

(another special case, however this time I'm pretty sure the capitalization for "memories" is incorrect, after doing a quick internet scroll)

These two pairs here are from the same artist(s)/have identical soundtracks, but different titles

Lol

gold stinger 02-14-2022 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jh05013 (Post 4776081)
- The correct title of "Of course you Need and...NEED ME" is "Ofcourse you Need and nEed and neEd and neeD and NEED ME?"

This has been changed too.

gold stinger 02-14-2022 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthia (Post 4776117)
So a few months back, I noticed that the artist tags of all songs titled "Rain" has been removed (like Rain [YMCK]).

If that was the intention, there are a few other song pairs with tags that should probably also be removed to maintain consistency (if that wasn't the intention though, you could probably just re-add those tags)

However there are pairs of titles which consists of one having a tag and one not, in which I would probably do something about it:

(special case, B capitalization is different, so tags aren't needed regardless)

(another special case, however this time I'm pretty sure the capitalization for "memories" is incorrect, after doing a quick internet scroll)

These two pairs here are from the same artist(s)/have identical soundtracks, but different titles

Lol

fixed. Again, let me know if there's any other issues by bumping this thread or DM'ing me directly.