Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   y'all need some barney and friends in your lives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149371)

xXOpkillerXx 07-4-2018 12:28 PM

Re: y'all need some barney and friends in your lives

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4626499)
Yeah okay that's fair. I agree that QueenAshy was doing and saying some things that are meh, and it totally makes sense that you're annoyed. I still think there's nicer ways to tell QueenAshy to quit it, though. Some people were doing that, and you were nice to QueenAshy at first yourself, but some people are just plain mean.

I apologized to her on her profile for my choice of words in some of my replies. If you were new to a place, and a few old members got mad at you, wouldn't you do your best to try and rectify the situation instead of basically doing nothing ?

EDIT: The post Celery quoted got me too. It's just terrible.

Funnygurl555 07-4-2018 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4626502)
An issue I have with the "be nice to new players" mentality is that it can be largely hypocritical at times.

See:

I think it's fair to say they've earned criticism and it's fair for people to dislike them at this point, and its unreasonable to always expect kindness when it's not reciprocated in an even manner.

Yeah that most recent post of hers wasn't the best, but I think that can be read in a way that's not mean (?). Apparently those two friended each other or something.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaSM (Post 4626501)
unnecessarily?

im sorry what

:I

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx (Post 4626503)
I apologized to her on her profile for my choice of words in some of my replies. If you were new to a place, and a few old members got mad at you, wouldn't you do your best to try and rectify the situation instead of basically doing nothing ?

EDIT: The post Celery quoted got me too. It's just terrible.

If I were in QueenAshy's shoes, yeah, I would. I'm not saying she didn't do anything wrong.

mellonxcollie 07-4-2018 01:12 PM

Who cares guys it's not like anyone posts here that much and we hardly get any new people. Let people shit post in peace

Hakulyte 07-4-2018 01:14 PM

I heard that between January and December; the magic words are "please" and "thank you".

I believe this may help my life at some point.

Thanks Barney for giving me the opportunity to become a better person.

*leaves thread gloriously and doesn't read the rest*

SICKOVENOMOUS 07-4-2018 01:17 PM

im hard now

xXOpkillerXx 07-4-2018 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4626507)
I heard that between January and December; the magic words are "please" and "thank you".

I believe this may help my life at some point.

Thanks Barney for giving me the opportunity to become a better person.

I'm sure you'll read THIS though ;D

SK8R43 07-4-2018 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx (Post 4626513)

Just THIS one word, though.

Hakulyte 07-4-2018 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellonxcollie (Post 4626506)
Who cares guys it's not like anyone posts here that much and we hardly get any new people. Let people shit post in peace

I think people should post more so they get a better feel of how others around them also post and slowly try to push the conversation in a meaningful way.

At same time, attempting to assign expectations to others has never really been helpful unless both sides have the same intention.

At best, you get lucky and create a topic where many people care about the outcome because it's either controversial or legitimately interesting.

So, really, I don't see the problem with watching new threads happen. It gives something to talk about and honestly; that's good enough by itself.

You may think we need only A+ God Tier quality threads, but the truth is that it doesn't really matter. You can take a terrible thread and turn it into a legendary one depending on how you approach it.

You just have to find the right way to do so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx (Post 4626513)

Sick White Wall Part 2 and T6 hunt. Just keep the anime north cancer roadtrip music in mind for this. Maybe it's not the best, but it was something different.

Gotta take the opportunities when you can. :p

Yes, I know, I didn't respond to your quote, but it's because I didn't read it. I've seen the words, but I did not imprint them in my memory.

Space is precious nowadays.

xXOpkillerXx 07-4-2018 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4626517)
Space is precious nowadays.

What do you mean ?

Hakulyte 07-4-2018 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx (Post 4626519)
What do you mean ?

I should have said time, but I guess if you saturate your mind with reading a ton of random facebook stuff, watching anime/movies/etc. you eventually reach a point where you need to take a break and reevaluate what you should care about.

I mostly only care about posting here if I feel like it may contribute in some way, but that's because I want to value time and yet I don't have the commitment to go a few levels deeper.

So, I usually end up making "mid level" posts that could need just a bit more development.

Makes me wonder about asking others "why" and "how" they post the way they do.

xXOpkillerXx 07-4-2018 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4626524)
I should have said time, but I guess if you saturate your mind with reading a ton of random facebook stuff, watching anime/movies/etc. you eventually reach a point where you need to take a break and reevaluate what you should care about.

I mostly only care about posting here if I feel like it may contribute in some way, but that's because I want to value time and yet I don't have the commitment to go a few levels deeper.

So, I usually end up making "mid level" posts that could need just a bit more development.

Makes me wonder about asking others "why" and "how" they post the way they do.

I'm sorry my post was just b8 to make sure you'd read it so I made it short and seemingly serious.

However, I get what you mean and I agree

DaBackpack 07-5-2018 08:40 PM

In the immortal words of Bill S. Preston and Theodore Logan

Be excellent to each other

xXOpkillerXx 07-5-2018 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4626733)
In the immortal words of Bill S. Preston and Theodore Logan

Be excellent to each other

You're town

MixMasterLar 07-6-2018 09:34 AM

The Bill and Ted quote you gotta remember about these things is this:

That said newbies gonna look foolish and people gonna call then out. In principle I'm pretty ok with it. 75% of all of us went through this same cycle. Hell I did, and if you went through 2006 Lar's post it's like a different person was at the wheel---probably wouldn't have ever improved if I didn't get so much tender loving backlash at the time.

And considering how heavy things get around here sometimes it's probably a good way to weed out anyone who can't take FFR's....moodier moments.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4626504)
but I think that can be read in a way that's not mean (?)

It cannot (.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4626507)

I knew this was a lie the moment I read

But don't worry Haku You can bet that I'll always read you ;)

Funnygurl555 07-6-2018 12:33 PM

yeah my first tango with the internet i was constantly banned 'cause i was a turd but like i knew going in i was being a troll so i wasn't phased. i think it hurts more when ppl dont know how annoying they're being. the first time i got off on the wrong foot with anyone on this site i didn't sleep the whole night. im also a weak person who likes other ppl's approval so maybe i'm worse than most people

also yeah i was wrong about ashy's comment potentially coming from a nice place since the other duder didn't seem too pleased with that comment either.

mellonxcollie 07-6-2018 12:42 PM

I'm glad neopets existed and all of my accounts are gone so none of you will ever get to see me in that stage

DaBackpack 07-7-2018 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellonxcollie (Post 4626863)
I'm glad neopets existed and all of my accounts are gone so none of you will ever get to see me in that stage

same except with gaiaonline

choof 07-7-2018 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4627045)
same except with gaiaonline

as far as I know, gaiaonline's forums are still up and have basically everything archived since the beginning
I only know this because I was posting on gaiaonline as late as 2016

Ksl33zy24 07-8-2018 03:36 AM

Spenner 07-8-2018 08:48 AM

Madnesscombat.net forums was where I grew up and learned how to deal with flaming and nastiness. I learned a lot about life and macromedia flash.