Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149163)

blindreper1179 05-10-2018 01:00 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Preparing post. Will be a couple minutes.

blindreper1179 05-10-2018 01:06 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
In the night
Haku has died, he was Chris Redfield
Manti has died, he was Leon Kennedy

They day has started, and will end on 5/12 at 12:00:01 server time.

To be clear, as I did not state it last phase. anything after 00:01 is bad, and will not be accepted.

Zoshi 05-10-2018 01:09 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Manti could protect others but not himself rip

Haku was just holding Claire back tbh


Ok night night

Zoshi 05-10-2018 01:10 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Also now that haku is dead this game got boring


I expect inD to post twice as much now

roundbox 05-10-2018 01:16 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
losing JK sucks but isn't the end of the world
losing Chris is OK because our vigi won't suicide L0L

DarkManticoreX2 05-10-2018 01:18 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Why play :shrug:

inDheart 05-10-2018 01:29 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
oh jesus christ

uhhh

i tried to do a bunch of ffa spew reading

zoshi town
cel town a lot of the time i think, ffa wanting to push there was extremely bad and he got voted back for it
he was running with that weak ass weed check read on raeko that was unchanged by him picking up zoshi's suspicion on The Slip(tm)(C)(R)(U)
fg "mildly towny" is different wording than any of his other town reads, kind of like how he calls zoshi "moderate wolfy"
he was townreading xel for not really having time and posting one-liners?
idt his vote on roundbox means anything but roundbox appeared fine to lose him

inDheart 05-10-2018 01:33 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
also i think his posts complimenting haku's "wolves can't chat during the day so they do it in the thread" are just about himself and two towns in me and fg

i had a thought about xel, but i guess it might be wrong with ffa clearing him for ??? reasons

xel

inDheart 05-10-2018 01:54 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
think curry's town

the thing ffa was doing with curry is basically the same as a wolf play he made about a year ago on llf where he fake claimed seer with a green check on him (if he's done it any other times since, i don't know about them). there it was odd because why peek your friend. here he's just calling him confirmed town, without the peek

it's not a hill i'll die on but it's a familiar one

Curry and Rice 05-10-2018 02:21 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
frick

Two specials dead, but also one wolf dead? Not sure it's the best trade, but at least we're somewhere.

also i was totally going to push a lynch on manti for trying to save noc but i guess that ain't happening lol


Also, Zoshi and Cel are probably human, but there's also a slight chance either of them could be the third party. For now I'll give both of them a pass.

Curry and Rice 05-10-2018 02:23 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Roundbox is probably human because he also had the chance to cause a KitB but didn't.

Aside for that, I don't think much else has changed so far about my reads.

inDheart 05-10-2018 02:38 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
i just noticed only 2 kills

SK/wolf stack or something?

maybe manti knows the truth and we're SOL

Curry and Rice 05-10-2018 02:58 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Gonna take a guess and say that human vigi decided that they didn't want to use up one of their kills, for whatever reason.

Zoshi 05-10-2018 07:56 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Who is fg

inDheart 05-10-2018 07:58 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
funnygurl

i remembered there are also bulletproofs in the game, so maybe that's what happened

Celirra 05-10-2018 07:58 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619483)
i just noticed only 2 kills

SK/wolf stack or something?

maybe manti knows the truth and we're SOL

Or haku knows something, which makes this a bit fishy that you said this since his theory was ffa/you/curry, and ffa proved to be wolf so he's already proven 1/3 right

The fact you also claimed Manti knowing something then proceed to vote xel also makes this a pointless post


In other news correct me if I'm wrong here: the safe and smart play is for wolf team (but not sk) to kill the IC night 1, unless they were confident they could take out a PR. Given they went the riskier route and it may have worked (if their nk was on blocker and not the antivigi) leads me to think one of the two wolves left at least are good at pr hunting or know site meta well, or got lucky (ruling out the luck factor). In my mind the people who are strong enough who are in this game and also know the meta well enough and such, are inD, Raeko, Roundbox; I assume there's one wolf in those 3.

The alt theory is that it's someone old who remembers the reign of Manti being dominant and wanted to fear kill, which could potentially be curry/zoshi but I don't like this theory as much because statistically even it's 50% less likely given our knowledge

inDheart 05-10-2018 07:58 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
woke up with the sun, can't get back to sleep

rip

inDheart 05-10-2018 08:03 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4619487)
Or haku knows something, which makes this a bit fishy that you said this since his theory was ffa/you/curry, and ffa proved to be wolf so he's already proven 1/3 right

The fact you also claimed Manti knowing something then proceed to vote xel also makes this a pointless post

di...

did you read the role list

or the game

haku's earlier theory that ffa's posts are from is ffa/me/fg, i'm pretty sure

i was wondering whether manti jailed someone because that's a thing he can do and he's dead

i have no idea what the second sentence even means, why would manti knowing something affect that vote

inDheart 05-10-2018 08:06 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4618893)
I'm starting to think that inDheart/Funny/FFA is a thing. (yes, I'm making these awful worlds once again)

bop

yup, i remembered right

Celirra 05-10-2018 08:09 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
My b I misremembered

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619489)
i was wondering whether manti jailed someone because that's a thing he can do and he's dead

You made it sound like it was a case of Manti knowing about wolf setup causing him to be nk with your original post so my b if this was actually your intention? I don't change my stance though

inDheart 05-10-2018 08:10 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
also i don't think wolves care about killing the IC given he's not here much (even if he is here much really)

he's a clear, but so is any other role they don't want to get into a claim fight with and the other roles can do stuff

inDheart 05-10-2018 08:16 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4619491)
My b I misremembered



You made it sound like it was a case of Manti knowing about wolf setup causing him to be nk with your original post so my b if this was actually your intention? I don't change my stance though

oh it hit me now what you mean with "knows something" mid-post

nah, i just meant mechanically. i could easily see haku being killed for being right on ffa

still unsure of the connection between xel and manti you mean

Zoshi 05-10-2018 08:25 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
ok also i knew no human would walk 15 miles at a mile per 9 min


with ffa flip inD does look worse to me now

Zoshi 05-10-2018 08:29 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
also doesnt look good for olimar that he disappeared after getting called 3rd party so much

inDheart 05-10-2018 08:30 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
reason i didn't vote yesterday was i came back really late and manti mindflooded me with the idea of a third wagon on he didn't really know who

if i vote a wagon there it's ffa though

Zoshi 05-10-2018 08:45 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Iíd be surprised if you said someone else lol

mellon_collie 05-10-2018 12:03 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619497)
if i vote a wagon there it's ffa though

I don't know how much this means at this point, it's a bit weird to point it out but.... ok

inDheart 05-10-2018 12:34 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4619502)
I don't know how much this means at this point, it's a bit weird to point it out but.... ok

well tell that to cel and zoshi who want to make something out of ffa's flip

up til eod before i left for a bit i was coming around to ffa being a wolf in everything except vote

i think haku's theory is just stupid anyway, so

Zoshi 05-10-2018 12:40 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
I’m going to town read curry for now, I don’t think ffa would call him out confirmed human if he didn’t think it was true

Celirra 05-10-2018 12:49 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
I remember ind using a similar strategy in the turbo I hosted as a wolf, where he voted for a noncontender who would've had some potential case if he really tried and then trying to underplay his vote or agreeing to the lynch for x or y reason

Zoshi 05-10-2018 01:08 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Curry,


Based on ffa being wolf, yet saying youíre 100% human, how do you think we should read that? And if you can reference anything to support your answer that would be amazing

Zoshi 05-10-2018 01:19 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
I like Raeko for coming to Cel’s defense usin irl ish things and from knowing them personally. I read that as going extra for cel and either h/w or h/h. With Raeko being human.

I’m also not sure if cel would come across so aggressive and distressed early on if they were wolf, and their points there after seem to be very logical and helpful, so I have a good human lean on them too

Zoshi 05-10-2018 01:20 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
I like Raeko for coming to Celís defense usin irl ish things and from knowing them personally. I read that as going extra for cel and either h/w or h/h. With Raeko being human.

Iím also not sure if cel would come across so aggressive and distressed early on if they were wolf, and their points there after seem to be very logical and helpful, so I have a good human lean on them too

inDheart 05-10-2018 01:22 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4619509)
I remember ind using a similar strategy in the turbo I hosted as a wolf, where he voted for a noncontender who would've had some potential case if he really tried and then trying to underplay his vote or agreeing to the lynch for x or y reason

you say that like manti would have traction

i did it to pressure him and see who it'd piss off because of the supposed undeserved townreads on him

i just didn't make it back to be relevant

Zoshi 05-10-2018 01:23 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Dumb phone idk why that double posted.

Celirra 05-10-2018 02:54 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619515)
you say that like manti would have traction

i did it to pressure him and see who it'd piss off because of the supposed undeserved townreads on him

i just didn't make it back to be relevant

I would consider using applying pressure as an excuse here akin to justifying an attempted wolf vote

Plus you're a smart guy, I'm sure you understand how convenient it sounds to use this as a reason after the fact especially given the fact you posted after that vote, and also posted the following:

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619397)
i hate everything

Which I read as you complaining about an EoD scenario that you likely did not support.

I could also see the case that it's you being upset that you didn't get a chance to pressure your target before EoD, but it doesn't fit my agenda so I'm gonna conveniently call it an irrelevant possibility

Celirra 05-10-2018 02:56 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Also zoshi hello I can't reply to you because everything you've said lately when I've been in a position to post has been observational which doesn't inherently warrant responses, but your transparency is good and helping me to townreads you probably so keep it up

Curry and Rice 05-10-2018 03:01 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoshi (Post 4619496)
also doesnt look good for olimar that he disappeared after getting called 3rd party so much

I don't usually know Olimar to be the inactive type. While it's entirely possible he's trying to slip under the radar because the number of people who know him this game is relatively low, I'm guessing there's some other outside reason why he hasn't posted much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoshi (Post 4619510)
Curry,


Based on ffa being wolf, yet saying youíre 100% human, how do you think we should read that? And if you can reference anything to support your answer that would be amazing

FFA has this thing lately where he's been going on and on about how he keeps insisting that he's always perfectly spot-on about reading me (validated in his mind because of that one time recently when he "caught" me as a wolf by misreading a joke I made). Because he's FFA and it's kind of the way he plays, it makes sense that he'd maintain that sort of bravado regardless of role to keep up a human-seeming facade.

Gun92 05-10-2018 04:16 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Not that this really relates to much in the way of anything, but has Psyco posted at all? I don't think I saw anything when I was going through all the posts the other day but also pretty possible for me to have missed that. Didn't know if there was an alt account for the game specifically but I don't think I have seen her name pop up yet/very often.

Zoshi 05-10-2018 04:59 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
no psycho hasn’t posted

Celirra 05-10-2018 05:09 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gun92 (Post 4619529)
Not that this really relates to much in the way of anything, but has Psyco posted at all? I don't think I saw anything when I was going through all the posts the other day but also pretty possible for me to have missed that. Didn't know if there was an alt account for the game specifically but I don't think I have seen her name pop up yet/very often.

I'm glad you're the innocent child because you're useless and would be a mislynch otherwise

Hakulyte 05-10-2018 05:16 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 

roundbox 05-10-2018 05:28 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4619532)
I'm glad you're the innocent child because you're useless and would be a mislynch otherwise

Was this necessary

Curry and Rice 05-10-2018 05:36 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4619537)
Was this necessary

I mean, aside from *technically* being true (albeit rather base and unrefined), no.

Celirra 05-10-2018 05:50 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4619537)
Was this necessary

What can I say, I like my pr's to be beneficial and it's frustrating when they're not using their tools to help as much as they could

I'd be even more cheesed if psycho ended up being pr

Gun92 05-10-2018 07:11 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4619532)
I'm glad you're the innocent child because you're useless and would be a mislynch otherwise

Cool beans. Now, instead of being an angry individual for whatever reason, how about I remind you that it's probably been 3 years since I last played so the rust is pretty tangible. How about you help me help you so you feel less pissy and I am less useless?

Celirra 05-10-2018 07:15 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gun92 (Post 4619552)
Cool beans. Now, instead of being an angry individual for whatever reason, how about I remind you that it's probably been 3 years since I last played so the rust is pretty tangible. How about you help me help you so you feel less pissy and I am less useless?

Just put some legitimate effort into the game and give your thoughts on who's wolfy and not dude I can't do your job for you

I'm pussy either way though anyways

mellon_collie 05-10-2018 07:47 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4619554)
Just put some legitimate effort into the game and give your thoughts on who's wolfy and not dude I can't do your job for you

I'm pussy either way though anyways

you heard it first here folks

celery confirmed feline

inDheart 05-10-2018 07:58 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4619523)
I would consider using applying pressure as an excuse here akin to justifying an attempted wolf vote

Plus you're a smart guy, I'm sure you understand how convenient it sounds to use this as a reason after the fact especially given the fact you posted after that vote, and also posted the following:



Which I read as you complaining about an EoD scenario that you likely did not support.

I could also see the case that it's you being upset that you didn't get a chance to pressure your target before EoD, but it doesn't fit my agenda so I'm gonna conveniently call it an irrelevant possibility

honestly, you're giving me too much credit

the two games you're comparing, charu had it right in the other one, i didn't touch op *at all*. i said nothing about him besides giving a few tries at interacting with him that didn't get picked up (and i don't remember us having daychat there for me to suggest that was a good idea) and faking minor annoyance about it

then when he was about to get lynched, i posted something like "i'm not defending op but i'd rather stick on x"

in chat the night afterward, i referenced a missed opportunity to weakly townread him off some inconsistencies in his posting that happened to follow a pattern - was something like he was mistaking two people in his reads consistently

that game's a little odd though because of the mechanics and me just stubbornly trying to lynch a chosen each day

so anyway, that's a long way of saying i would have an interest in keeping ffa around this game if i were his wolf pal, and not just post about things i don't like in his posts to fuel the fire right before eod while he'd already said he was going to sleep

my manti read at the time was "he's not playing because wolves are in a good spot, and take away his posts about you and there's nothing there", which seems fine for a vote. i have that read because it's what he did in the hydra game with charu - he just hung out and chatted cuz charu had the posting covered even when they were the only wolf slot alive

inDheart 05-10-2018 08:05 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4619526)
I don't usually know Olimar to be the inactive type. While it's entirely possible he's trying to slip under the radar because the number of people who know him this game is relatively low, I'm guessing there's some other outside reason why he hasn't posted much.


FFA has this thing lately where he's been going on and on about how he keeps insisting that he's always perfectly spot-on about reading me (validated in his mind because of that one time recently when he "caught" me as a wolf by misreading a joke I made). Because he's FFA and it's kind of the way he plays, it makes sense that he'd maintain that sort of bravado regardless of role to keep up a human-seeming facade.

do you remember *wilhelm scream*, because that's the game i'm drawing parallels to in particular

does he normally try to take you down with him when he's wolfing?

also does olimar play that many no-outside-comms games

inDheart 05-10-2018 08:10 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4619074)
when im a wolf i have a hard time making up fake wolf reads, so yeaaah i dont like this

ind

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4619108)
ok whatever i'll ask about it anyway



don't you think it's better to vocalize having more than one wolf read at a time? there's a higher chance that people will agree with at least one of them, so you can be a part of a wagon that you like

that was just a really odd thing to say

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4619116)
oh ok

funny

Celirra 05-10-2018 08:25 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4619555)
you heard it first here folks

celery confirmed feline


Celirra 05-10-2018 08:28 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619557)
honestly, you're giving me too much credit

the two games you're comparing, charu had it right in the other one, i didn't touch op *at all*. i said nothing about him besides giving a few tries at interacting with him that didn't get picked up (and i don't remember us having daychat there for me to suggest that was a good idea) and faking minor annoyance about it

then when he was about to get lynched, i posted something like "i'm not defending op but i'd rather stick on x"

in chat the night afterward, i referenced a missed opportunity to weakly townread him off some inconsistencies in his posting that happened to follow a pattern - was something like he was mistaking two people in his reads consistently

that game's a little odd though because of the mechanics and me just stubbornly trying to lynch a chosen each day

so anyway, that's a long way of saying i would have an interest in keeping ffa around this game if i were his wolf pal, and not just post about things i don't like in his posts to fuel the fire right before eod while he'd already said he was going to sleep

my manti read at the time was "he's not playing because wolves are in a good spot, and take away his posts about you and there's nothing there", which seems fine for a vote. i have that read because it's what he did in the hydra game with charu - he just hung out and chatted cuz charu had the posting covered even when they were the only wolf slot alive

ok I'm getting vibes of that fire emblem game now where I misread you and then you proved to be town (i think)

it's not overwhelming though, it's like 50/50 between that game and the other game I referenced



non-meta though and more logically, this does feel a bit like scrambling esp with suddenly applying hard pressure to FG

keep posting stuff, give me some thoughts that arent based on mechanics if you really want to be cute

Zoshi 05-10-2018 09:21 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4618909)
I'm seeing that because in my previous game with you, we were the wolf team and you were interacting with me a lot early game like that.

It felt like a "hey im here lol" kind of post because wolves don't have a pre game chat or anything.

I could be wrong, but I just don't have a better lead atm.

so i was thinking about the bold from this post, and i checked the previous game and it checks out. Ffa isnt afraid to interact with his wolf partner and he did it very very early last game with Haku. This game he did it with funny and inD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4618723)
What you said just made no sense

I like the vote on funny though

this is ffa commenting on inD voting funny (ffa's 3rd post). I'm not sure if FFA would feel confident enough to comment positively on his partner's (inD) random vote. But I can imagine him making the comment if its his wolf partner being voted.

I'm feeling between funny and inD for wolf number 2. Though it's possible they both are?

I want to hear more from funny anyway though.

They haven't really done much or pushed on anyone this game. Their early mostly meaningless interactions on ffa (started by ffa) seems like a distancing ploy. They've said they disliked maybe 2 things and liked maybe 2 things, but overall I don't see them making much of an attempt to wolf hunt or put any real pressure on anyone

also

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4619070)
You're welcome to form your own reads on curry, but for my PoE he's town here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoshi (Post 4619071)
staking your life on something not 100% reads wolf or dumb. i can understand complete confidence but not staking your life. what are you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4619072)
he's my wolf buddy 8)

(lol)

Curry and Rice 05-10-2018 09:37 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619558)
do you remember *wilhelm scream*, because that's the game i'm drawing parallels to in particular

does he normally try to take you down with him when he's wolfing?

also does olimar play that many no-outside-comms games

I read over Noc's posts in that game (it was one of the ones I was actually able to save), and I kind of do feel it follows along with what I said about Noc earlier:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4619526)
FFA has this thing lately where he's been going on and on about how he keeps insisting that he's always perfectly spot-on about reading me (validated in his mind because of that one time recently when he "caught" me as a wolf by misreading a joke I made). Because he's FFA and it's kind of the way he plays, it makes sense that he'd maintain that sort of bravado regardless of role to keep up a human-seeming facade.

Standout quote from Noc in Wilhelm Scream being:
"Gs I've played with before a lot on nsm and I'm confident I can read him right."

As for Olimar, there was a game on NSM recently where OOTC was disabled (the game "frikin sombra"), but aside from that, I don't think he has. It's possible that such an active thread is a bit more difficult to keep up with, but again, that's just a guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619560)
funny

Zoshi's vote I can get, but what is this? Maybe I'm missing something, but it reads like voting for someone because they voted for you the phase before. :morton2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoshi (Post 4619568)
They haven't really done much or pushed on anyone this game. Their early mostly meaningless interactions on ffa (started by ffa) seems like a distancing ploy. They've said they disliked maybe 2 things and liked maybe 2 things, but overall I don't see them making much of an attempt to wolf hunt or put any real pressure on anyone

That reminds me. You know who else hasn't done much either?

mellon_collie

Occasional presence but minimal substance. Stalling the game isn't what we want, but you know who does? WOLVES.

Zoshi 05-10-2018 09:44 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
I was also going to bring Mellon up because they’ve literally not pressured anyone or showed dislike for anyone this game. Only thing they did was defend cel (which I liked but it’s not enough really). But I went with funny because of the distancing with ffa

I do want to hear some of your thoughts though mellon

inDheart 05-10-2018 09:52 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4619566)
ok I'm getting vibes of that fire emblem game now where I misread you and then you proved to be town (i think)

it's not overwhelming though, it's like 50/50 between that game and the other game I referenced



non-meta though and more logically, this does feel a bit like scrambling esp with suddenly applying hard pressure to FG

keep posting stuff, give me some thoughts that arent based on mechanics if you really want to be cute

idk if it's "hard pressure" if i don't say anything about it and just naked vote, but sure, i can treat this as you asking

i think there's a contradiction in voting me for not posting many wolf reads, me giving an explanation, liking the explanation and then apparently not having another wolf read

funny also didn't appear for eod, but that's more minor

also voting xel apparently did nothing, when i figured he'd see it at some point because he'd checked in a few times yesterday to say just nothing

inDheart 05-10-2018 09:59 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
speaking of eod it's a tough one to read. raeko and roundbox actively didn't vote, but both made posts that at least attempted to be interested in the lynch. plus there were a lot of people just missing. i don't think both raeko and roundbox are wolves because either they could vote cel (extremely awkward if you're raeko) or try to work an alternative out with manti/curry, or busing wouldn't be the worst thing in the world because ffa arguably has the weakest role (due to how gated it is)

i think curry looks bad in a vacuum for being around and keeping his haku vote, but i'm choosing to ignore that for now

so my takeaways are at least one wolf wasn't active and they weren't able to Do A Thing to shift the lynch

Gun92 05-10-2018 10:10 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619572)
speaking of eod it's a tough one to read. raeko and roundbox actively didn't vote, but both made posts that at least attempted to be interested in the lynch. plus there were a lot of people just missing. i don't think both raeko and roundbox are wolves because either they could vote cel (extremely awkward if you're raeko) or try to work an alternative out with manti/curry, or busing wouldn't be the worst thing in the world because ffa arguably has the weakest role (due to how gated it is)

i think curry looks bad in a vacuum for being around and keeping his haku vote, but i'm choosing to ignore that for now

so my takeaways are at least one wolf wasn't active and they weren't able to Do A Thing to shift the lynch

Does it happen fairly often when games don't have everyone vote on D1? There were 9 votes which meant 5 people didn't enter a vote and a handful of those people have either posted very little or not at all. What's most important right now with a wolf and 2 human roles killed after the initial night, look at those that have been active and pushing the game or look to those who have been less active or not at all? Yes, I realize that would have me fall into that category so I am trying to fix it. I know with phantoms off, the non-voting isn't punished but I can't imagine that is a tactic 5 people would go for especially with how active some people have been.

inDheart 05-10-2018 10:41 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gun92 (Post 4619573)
Does it happen fairly often when games don't have everyone vote on D1? There were 9 votes which meant 5 people didn't enter a vote and a handful of those people have either posted very little or not at all. What's most important right now with a wolf and 2 human roles killed after the initial night, look at those that have been active and pushing the game or look to those who have been less active or not at all? Yes, I realize that would have me fall into that category so I am trying to fix it. I know with phantoms off, the non-voting isn't punished but I can't imagine that is a tactic 5 people would go for especially with how active some people have been.

it probably happens often that at least someone doesn't vote, but the non-voting/off-wagon-voting rate isn't usually this bad. activity in general has been on a downturn recently, and this game taking a while to fill might have contributed, with several of the generally more active players becoming unable to play

we can kind of do both, but i would lean toward clearing out some people who aren't really playing, for two reasons:
-the people who are active now are either the ones who voted ffa yesterday, or me (with curry and rice being somewhere in the middle i would say). so out of that group i feel like i owe the others each some kind of deference for now
-the people who aren't active are many

phantoms haven't really been a thing for a while - i pretty much lost the first game i played to them and that triggered a debate (though i think they were getting less popular by then too). post minimums have been the newer thing but i don't think this game has one

Gun92 05-10-2018 10:49 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619575)
it probably happens often that at least someone doesn't vote, but the non-voting/off-wagon-voting rate isn't usually this bad. activity in general has been on a downturn recently, and this game taking a while to fill might have contributed, with several of the generally more active players becoming unable to play

we can kind of do both, but i would lean toward clearing out some people who aren't really playing, for two reasons:
-the people who are active now are either the ones who voted ffa yesterday, or me (with curry and rice being somewhere in the middle i would say). so out of that group i feel like i owe the others each some kind of deference for now
-the people who aren't active are many

phantoms haven't really been a thing for a while - i pretty much lost the first game i played to them and that triggered a debate (though i think they were getting less popular by then too). post minimums have been the newer thing but i don't think this game has one

Assuming most people have their wits about them, and I am sure that is probably everyone if not most, wouldn't a wolf agree more to eliminating a presence who isn't around/barely around just because its essentially giving them a free out? If I was one of the remaining wolves or the Ada, I would tend more to leave the players who aren't around and have a bigger focus on the bigger voices of the group. What is scarier to me is someone who can talk so much that they cause you to corner yourself a slip up. Someone who isn't around can't do that and won't gain as much information as a result. Is that a fair statement or have things changed that much since I last played?

inDheart 05-10-2018 10:56 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gun92 (Post 4619577)
Assuming most people have their wits about them, and I am sure that is probably everyone if not most, wouldn't a wolf agree more to eliminating a presence who isn't around/barely around just because its essentially giving them a free out? If I was one of the remaining wolves or the Ada, I would tend more to leave the players who aren't around and have a bigger focus on the bigger voices of the group. What is scarier to me is someone who can talk so much that they cause you to corner yourself a slip up. Someone who isn't around can't do that and won't gain as much information as a result. Is that a fair statement or have things changed that much since I last played?

do you mean for choosing a lynch candidate, or night actions?

i think activity dwindling benefits wolves in general, yes

inDheart 05-10-2018 11:13 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Assuming most people have their wits about them, and I am sure that is probably everyone if not most, wouldn't a wolf agree more to eliminating a presence who isn't around/barely around just because its essentially giving them a free out? If I was one of the remaining wolves or the Ada, I would tend more to leave the players who aren't around and have a bigger focus on the bigger voices of the group.
i guess i'm confused because these two sentences seem like they're saying opposite things

i think moving to lynch someone who's barely around would be the free out you mean, but then you wolf the people actually playing at night

i think that's why i feel more fine about raeko and roundbox just hanging around, because they didn't move to lynch some random low poster as a third option when it would have been really easy

Olimar12345 05-10-2018 11:26 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Jesus... I.. there are so many replies...

Someone tl;dr what happened

inDheart 05-10-2018 11:28 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Olimar12345 (Post 4619582)
Jesus... I.. there are so many replies...

Someone tl;dr what happened

yesterday mikey got lynched and he was a wolf

in the night manti and haku died and they were both specials

game is relatively slow now so reading today shouldn't be too bad

Curry and Rice 05-10-2018 11:37 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Olimar12345 (Post 4619582)
Jesus... I.. there are so many replies...

called it

inDheart 05-10-2018 11:40 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4619569)
I read over Noc's posts in that game (it was one of the ones I was actually able to save), and I kind of do feel it follows along with what I said about Noc earlier:

Standout quote from Noc in Wilhelm Scream being:
"Gs I've played with before a lot on nsm and I'm confident I can read him right."

yeah, that was also a funny quote because it would have to be after he claimed seer privately

but i guess what i was getting at is, do you think it's important to reading you or particularly indicative when he does that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4619569)
As for Olimar, there was a game on NSM recently where OOTC was disabled (the game "frikin sombra"), but aside from that, I don't think he has. It's possible that such an active thread is a bit more difficult to keep up with, but again, that's just a guess.

>opens postgame
Quote:

Olimar12345 Posts: 75
huh. olimar's like second-most for the game too. also it's not strictly ootc-disabled if it allows forum PMs, really

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4619569)
Zoshi's vote I can get, but what is this? Maybe I'm missing something, but it reads like voting for someone because they voted for you the phase before. :morton2:

explained it to cel above, lemme know if that's unsatisfying i guess

Curry and Rice 05-10-2018 11:55 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619585)
but i guess what i was getting at is, do you think it's important to reading you or particularly indicative when he does that?

Like I said, I think it was just Noc being Noc; he's also done the same thing when he's a human.

Gun92 05-11-2018 12:00 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
What I meant above is, wouldn't a wolf also use the simple fact that there aren't some people playing as frequently or at all and work toward eliminating one of the bigger threats to them since those not playing probably aren't viewed as a threat?

Now, this probably doesn't help much but I looked at post frequency along with voting and this is what I got. I might be off by one or two because let's be honest here, a shit ton has been posted.

Haku posted 115 and voted
Cel posted 24 times and voted
Roundbox posted 27 times and didn't vote
Curry posted 30 times and voted
Psycho hasn't posted and didn't vote
Mellon posted 12 times and didn't vote
Xel posted 11 times and voted
I posted 11 times and voted
Manti posted 34 times and didn't vote (late)
InD posted 91 times and voted
Funny posted 25 times and voted
Oil posted 10 times and didn't vote
Zoshi posted 129 and voted
FFA posted 165 times and voted

My initial thought would be wanting to know why those that didn't vote chose not to vote. I also found Funny's posts and Oils post to not really add anything to the conversations going on at the time. I also noted that Zoshi unvoted FFA somewhat late into the day phase. That's what I got at this point and suppose my question is towards those who didn't vote and want to know why.

inDheart 05-11-2018 12:01 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4619587)
Like I said, I think it was just Noc being Noc; he's also done the same thing when he's a human.

tbh you taking this angle on it reads towny to me

Gun92 05-11-2018 12:01 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
I don't know if its weird or just me that the unvote on FFA from Zoshi is what is sticking out to me most after going back over everything, albeit in a quick and glancing manor

roundbox 05-11-2018 12:03 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
I'll contribute more tomorrow fwiw

inDheart 05-11-2018 12:13 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoshi (Post 4619568)
so i was thinking about the bold from this post, and i checked the previous game and it checks out. Ffa isnt afraid to interact with his wolf partner and he did it very very early last game with Haku. This game he did it with funny and inD.

btw, check out the timestamps there if you haven't. the game had 3 posts in it for the first 4 hours

haku also claimed a green check on ffa so i thought he was the one initiating it there by doing that; might as well talk to the guy who's fake peeking you

Curry and Rice 05-11-2018 02:07 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4619591)
I'll contribute more tomorrow fwiw

I will hold you to that.

XelNya 05-11-2018 04:33 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619477)
also i think his posts complimenting haku's "wolves can't chat during the day so they do it in the thread" are just about himself and two towns in me and fg

i had a thought about xel, but i guess it might be wrong with ffa clearing him for ??? reasons

xel

dunno how you have a thought about me considering my lack of presence this entire fucking game

but sure try to take your easy target wolf boy

Celirra 05-11-2018 07:49 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gun92 (Post 4619590)
I don't know if its weird or just me that the unvote on FFA from Zoshi is what is sticking out to me most after going back over everything, albeit in a quick and glancing manor

Just wanna say thanks for putting effort in the game after I bullied you a bit, friend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4619598)
dunno how you have a thought about me considering my lack of presence this entire fucking game

but sure try to take your easy target wolf boy

You came in here last phase, dropped some shitposts, made a shitvote, and then poofed. The vote could easily be seen as an attempt to hide the fact that you were totally absent, as there are definitely people who focus on simply voting somewhere as a reason to have an opinion about someone.

Then you come back, throw out a post that does nothing but give an excuse then uses a "no u" tier argument, then you poof again.

Have you just given up as wolf again, xel ?

roundbox 05-11-2018 09:50 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4619597)
I will hold you to that.

this doesn't sound threatening if that was what you were going for

blindreper1179 05-11-2018 10:02 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
effective immediately, star has replaced psycho

Zoshi 05-11-2018 10:04 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gun92 (Post 4619590)
I don't know if its weird or just me that the unvote on FFA from Zoshi is what is sticking out to me most after going back over everything, albeit in a quick and glancing manor

I didnít unvote FFA, I unvoted Curry, so that I could vote FFA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619594)
btw, check out the timestamps there if you haven't. the game had 3 posts in it for the first 4 hours

haku also claimed a green check on ffa so i thought he was the one initiating it there by doing that; might as well talk to the guy who's fake peeking you

oh, I was checking ffaís Posts specifically and it seemed to indicate he was starting it, Iíll check out the game topic itself in a bit

star-crossed 05-11-2018 10:08 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4619605)
effective immediately, star has replaced psycho

Um..knowing what my role is would be nice then


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution