Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149163)

Hakulyte 05-8-2018 12:01 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4618975)
If you were human why would you be worried about being thrown off? To me this reads like "ffa is trying to sound artificial to bait a specific reaction out of me"

I'm trying to understand what you're doing to get a read on you and you keep doing random stuff.

flashflash account 05-8-2018 12:03 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4618978)
I'm trying to understand what you're doing to get a read on you and you keep doing random stuff.

You could've done literally nothing and I would've continued to town read you
Instead you opened a huge can of worms and now you're a serious consideration for scum in my mind

How is this me doing random stuff and not you

Hakulyte 05-8-2018 12:05 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Fine, you look frustrated enough.

unvote

I'll do myself a favor and go sleep.

flashflash account 05-8-2018 12:06 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
???

DarkManticoreX2 05-8-2018 12:20 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4618977)
Serious question, what connection do you see between wolf celery and these four players

They were in thread when I posted/during the three mins between my post and cel lurking.

flashflash account 05-8-2018 12:20 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Somebody else start talking

flashflash account 05-8-2018 12:21 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Oh so not really relevant

You weren't kidding

flashflash account 05-8-2018 12:25 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Ind what do you think about hakus recent behavior

inDheart 05-8-2018 12:27 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
hey i should probably play the game

had a really pleasant aria seed where i actually got the best sword this time and it cuts through 2 of the bosses like butter, and felt like my decisions mattered because going to clock tower super early gave me all the stuff to go like anywhere

flashflash account 05-8-2018 12:39 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Apply that effort to twg for like 20 minutes

inDheart 05-8-2018 01:02 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4618811)
I can't see the forest, the trees are blocking my view.

is that also a saying in french

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olimar12345 (Post 4618817)
Looks like flashflash is noc. Fun.

lol, you say this like you can't contain your excitement

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4618824)
Ye sry that game was entirely my fault haha!

you respond to this post but not the one where he's calling you scummy...?

ffa's reads would bother me more there if they were like, intensely serious, which they don't read like. he gives another one a couple hours later where it's more like he's throwing people into groups, you know

hey it's page 2 and i think haku's town

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoshi (Post 4618888)
im questioning funnygorl for agreeing with haku to a lesser extent when she's not even sure of haku's thoughts

they can agree on the result but not how they got there. i'd rather she ask haku why, but also...it's haku

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4618896)
Earlier you were meme shipping me and ind but I don't see why that's a thing

I'm willing to entertain you about this cause I wanna know what dynamic you see

I didn't notice ind pocketing me

i'm pocketing everyone and that's why my previous post bounced off both you and haku at the same time

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4618909)
I'm seeing that because in my previous game with you, we were the wolf team and you were interacting with me a lot early game like that.

It felt like a "hey im here lol" kind of post because wolves don't have a pre game chat or anything.

I could be wrong, but I just don't have a better lead atm.

:blonk:

this seems like not a great basis for a read and ffa continuing to like your line after this post (and then realizing the pregame chat thing after the fact) is weird

curry entrance is not spectacular, half his responses are like after-the-fact shitposting. i think he's played with haku before so his vote there, while having more to say about noc's reads, is confusing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4618934)
Hi! I'm still voting for you, but I'll be back in about an hour or two if you want to try and change my mind!

lmao

i totally missed ffa voting roundbox apparently, but now you're pushing on the slip thing on haku?

nvm i like curry's #225

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 (Post 4618964)
Heros is better for me because its my first MOBA. Also I play or have played all the blizzard games, so I know all the characters stories.

Its fun!

Also cel kinda ducking out since he was pinged earlier as scummy. Where you at bro? Youre clear bottom of my shallow wolf pool

heroes or don't talk to me, but cel's duck-out is a mindmeld across time and space

your following posts make me wish we had a lie detector

@ffa: looks like haku is missing why exactly your read flipped and why thread progression would fit the flip so i think you're just talking past each other and it's making things weird

towns atm
gun (duh)
ind
manti
zoshi
curry?
olimar?
haku?

you appearing to seize late on haku's slip is odd to me, but i might reread it in the morning and see if i still think it's a slip and relocate him accordingly. meta is otherwise telling me he's town

i'm divided on you right now too, i think you're connected to that situation

inDheart 05-8-2018 01:04 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
also my main memory of xel's posts are him actually wanting to play the game and/or just being bored

which is...different than what i remember, potentially meta-breaking

don't remember him offering much of a basis to judge though

flashflash account 05-8-2018 01:07 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Good post

Do you want me to answer anything before I fall asleep

inDheart 05-8-2018 01:08 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4618994)
Good post

Do you want me to answer anything before I fall asleep

if you weren't voting roundbox to make him do things, who would you be voting

flashflash account 05-8-2018 01:11 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Still not haku, I'm in the same boat as you looks like

Most likely olimar or celery, I think olimar is 3rd party before wolf though so he's lower priority
Usually town celery is more active than this so I think he's trying to fly under the radar

inDheart 05-8-2018 01:12 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
ok cool

wanted to see what you say before i vote celirra

why olimar 3p, or even scum in general? didn't remember you talking about that as i read forward

Curry and Rice 05-8-2018 01:13 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4618991)
i totally missed ffa voting roundbox apparently, but now you're pushing on the slip thing on haku?

that was literally my first post of the game, so i don't know what you mean by "now"

Also you making a huge list of people you think are town is kind of suspicious to me at this point in the game; maybe I'm just used to "if you're town reading a bunch of people you're probably a wolf" but really, I'd say I'm only townreading like maybe one or two people right now.

flashflash account 05-8-2018 01:14 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Since this is sort of a question you asked: I didn't pick up on the slip right away, I think because by the time I got there I was already thinking about hakus pov from our game together

If I didn't look back at all of hakus posts I might not have read it again, but it was much more obvious the second time (probably as obvious as it ought to be)

flashflash account 05-8-2018 01:16 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4618997)
ok cool

wanted to see what you say before i vote celirra

why olimar 3p, or even scum in general? didn't remember you talking about that as i read forward

His first questions regarding the setup were about third party, and after I called him out on it he asked more broad setup questions that looked to me like he was trying to hide his soft

Haku thought it could be pr hunting but now that I look back on it with recent developments maybe haku was trying to fling some dirt? Either way olimar doesn't look great to me rn regardless of haku

flashflash account 05-8-2018 01:19 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4618998)
that was literally my first post of the game, so i don't know what you mean by "now"

Also you making a huge list of people you think are town is kind of suspicious to me at this point in the game; maybe I'm just used to "if you're town reading a bunch of people you're probably a wolf" but really, I'd say I'm only townreading like maybe one or two people right now.

Remember there are 14 people in this game and 5 or 6 of them already have enough content to be d1 read, and one more is confirmed town

Who are these one or two people may I ask

inDheart 05-8-2018 01:19 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4618998)
that was literally my first post of the game, so i don't know what you mean by "now"

Also you making a huge list of people you think are town is kind of suspicious to me at this point in the game; maybe I'm just used to "if you're town reading a bunch of people you're probably a wolf" but really, I'd say I'm only townreading like maybe one or two people right now.

that was also at ffa; most times i say "you" in that post are at him since he was here

my last 2 games have been large events with way more people, so being able to sort people quickly helps me feel like i have a handle on the game. i wouldn't say my reads are particularly strong but also not much has happened

ask me about whoever though

flashflash account 05-8-2018 01:23 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
I was going to try sleeping to get ready because I have work on Wednesday but I decided twg is more important than healthy circadian rhythms

Plus ind has good insight and we have a couple mindmelds

inDheart 05-8-2018 01:24 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4619000)
His first questions regarding the setup were about third party, and after I called him out on it he asked more broad setup questions that looked to me like he was trying to hide his soft

Haku thought it could be pr hunting but now that I look back on it with recent developments maybe haku was trying to fling some dirt? Either way olimar doesn't look great to me rn regardless of haku

hm, fine enough - also notable when you were the one thinking he just genuinely wanted to know what was going on with the setup too

since he apparently hasn't posted anything about the game after figuring out the setup either, i could see cleaning him up at some point

flashflash account 05-8-2018 01:28 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Like I said, olimar tends to be transparent. But he's also pretty smart and I think he could've figured out the answers to those questions

So I guess I'd say they were questions he had but he rushed to ask them to cover up instead of reading more thoroughly

inDheart 05-8-2018 01:28 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4618912)
In that case, it's different because I always try to interact with you early

You feel super easy to solve to me so why not start there

But I think the underlying principle is effective in general, that's all I'm saying here. Out of game commentary

That explains why you're so suspicious over it at least

Problem is I've been calling out lots of people so unless I have like 6 partners I just can't be wolf here

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4618914)
How do you know wolves don't have a pregame chat?

yeah, the reason i ask about you suddenly picking up on a slip is because your word choice reads like you saw it the first time too

roundbox 05-8-2018 01:30 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
is phase end in like 24h from now

flashflash account 05-8-2018 01:31 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
23:30 from now

Curry and Rice 05-8-2018 01:32 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4619001)
Remember there are 14 people in this game and 5 or 6 of them already have enough content to be d1 read, and one more is confirmed town

\_(ツ)_/

Quote:

Who are these one or two people may I ask
(aside from Gun)

Manti I know I'm slightly townreading for sure, and I actually forgot the second person. I'll get back to you on that later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619002)
that was also at ffa; most times i say "you" in that post are at him since he was here

Ah, that makes sense; I was kind of worried you just missed a big part of my post.

flashflash account 05-8-2018 01:33 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619006)
yeah, the reason i ask about you suddenly picking up on a slip is because your word choice reads like you saw it the first time too

Oh out of game commentary meant like

I'm talking about the abstract and not referring to this game specifically

I'm saying "I think those interactions are good to look for, but all of this is just talking about irrelevant generalizations" because it didn't apply in this case

I can see why that's confusing though, it's a bit ambiguous

flashflash account 05-8-2018 01:35 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4619009)
\_(ツ)_/


(aside from Gun)

Manti I know I'm slightly townreading for sure, and I actually forgot the second person. I'll get back to you on that later.

Is it me

Curry and Rice 05-8-2018 01:40 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4619012)
Is it me

I dunno. I think I'm more "not wolfreading you" than "townreading you."

flashflash account 05-8-2018 01:49 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Fwiw I feel like if curry was a wolf here he wouldn't "forget" who he was town reading

flashflash account 05-8-2018 01:49 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
It's also something I do all the time especially in bigger games so #relateable

flashflash account 05-8-2018 03:30 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Hey curry I see you watching the thread, have you figured out who your second human read is yet?

Curry and Rice 05-8-2018 03:44 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
I'm doing other stuff but keeping this tab open and checking back about every twenty minutes, so no.

Zoshi 05-8-2018 05:19 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4618981)
Fine, you look frustrated enough.

unvote

I'll do myself a favor and go sleep.

why is ffa being frustrated worth an unvote

Zoshi 05-8-2018 05:29 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4618996)
Most likely olimar or celery, I think olimar is 3rd party before wolf though so he's lower priority

huge statement might be worth something with a quote.

let it hold some value, let others agree with your point. all olimar has done was question the setup and he just joined the game last minute. i think questioning setup is neutral, because if you think otherwise it get's weird

Zoshi 05-8-2018 05:33 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4618991)
towns atm
gun (duh)
ind
manti
zoshi
curry?
olimar?
haku?

calling half the game town is weird. no wolf thoughts?

Zoshi 05-8-2018 05:38 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4619005)
Like I said, olimar tends to be transparent. But he's also pretty smart and I think he could've figured out the answers to those questions

So I guess I'd say they were questions he had but he rushed to ask them to cover up instead of reading more thoroughly

would he really do an 'acting dumb' thing knowing that you're from his home site and could pick up on it being fake

Zoshi 05-8-2018 05:42 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4619009)
Manti I know I'm slightly townreading for sure, and I actually forgot the second person. I'll get back to you on that later.

im curious to hear your reasons for manti

also i dont believe you forgot about the second town read. i believe it was non existent but you added in 'maybe two' to sound better.

XelNya 05-8-2018 06:55 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoshi (Post 4619022)
why is ffa being frustrated worth an unvote

Because, haku.

Hakulyte 05-8-2018 08:28 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoshi (Post 4619022)
why is ffa being frustrated worth an unvote

I was tired and it's ffa.

So, "Because Haku" is about right.

blindreper1179 05-8-2018 09:24 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Will post votes at 11ish server time.

flashflash account 05-8-2018 10:00 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoshi (Post 4619025)
would he really do an 'acting dumb' thing knowing that you're from his home site and could pick up on it being fake

He underestimates me

Like said I think they're actual questions he had but it's concerning that he didn't figure out the answers on his own. Imo either he's trying to earn some "noob town" points or hes covering up his previous questions so you can see why thats not a good look

He also vanished for the rest of the evening which is nai, just slightly irritating

Lots of people posted once and vanished oh well

flashflash account 05-8-2018 10:35 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4619028)
I was tired and it's ffa.

So, "Because Haku" is about right.

More like "because wolf" amirite

flashflash account 05-8-2018 10:42 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Hi Raeko what are yiiu up to

Funnygurl555 05-8-2018 10:56 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
morning, catching up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoshi (Post 4618888)
im questioning funnygorl for agreeing with haku to a lesser extent when she's not even sure of haku's thoughts

i meant that i'm not sure why haku's sketched, but i am too because of the stuff that i quoted.

unsure of how much that even matters anymore 'cause there's more shit to go off of

Funnygurl555 05-8-2018 10:58 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4618926)
I like curry's entrance. That's more along the lines of what I wanted to see.

i... disagree

Funnygurl555 05-8-2018 10:59 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4618924)
I just came out from 4 wolves games in a row so, I kind of still have a decent idea of what's going on in the mindset of a wolf around when the game starts.

It's like you want to communicate with your wolf partners indirectly, but you don't really want to get caught doing it. You're more likely to interact uncomfortably around each others because you're not sure how your wolf partners want to play and you won't really coordinate anything until the first night when you can talk together.

It's relevant here because I'm pointing out what I believe to fit that "early game" thematic.

this post made me like haku more because it looks like he wants to find the wolves

Funnygurl555 05-8-2018 11:00 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4618933)
Originally

However given your slip and the fact that you've faked frustration before (even in our wolf game together) I'm getting suspicious of you

what was the slip

Funnygurl555 05-8-2018 11:03 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4618940)
Rip

Well I don't think I'll be having any more original thoughts until more people join. Comfortable with my vote on roundbox and my reads on xel Raeko and celery

Manti is starting to slip due to preferring HotS over league

Curry is giving me his town vibes, I'll be able to tell pretty easily if they shift to wolfy vibes

where are these even coming from ... like

Quote:

Comfortable with my vote on roundbox
??????

Funnygurl555 05-8-2018 11:04 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4618951)
Pre game chats usually happen when there's a N0 or some sort of gimmick. This setup is straightforward with already established roles. If there's no mention of pre game chat somewhere next to the first few options, it means they don't have one.

It's just how it's been since forever. I don't see how that's a slip.

oh this is the type of stuff that flashflash is calling a slip. ok i'll keep this in mind i guess

Funnygurl555 05-8-2018 11:12 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoshi (Post 4619024)
calling half the game town is weird. no wolf thoughts?

idk why i didnt catch that but urite about ind's reads

Zoshi 05-8-2018 11:24 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4619030)
He underestimates me

Like said I think they're actual questions he had but it's concerning that he didn't figure out the answers on his own. Imo either he's trying to earn some "noob town" points or hes covering up his previous questions so you can see why thats not a good look

He also vanished for the rest of the evening which is nai, just slightly irritating

Lots of people posted once and vanished oh well

if Olimar could comment on this that would be fab

inDheart 05-8-2018 11:51 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoshi (Post 4619024)
calling half the game town is weird. no wolf thoughts?

easier to remember towns this game

anyone not on the list is someone i have to read closer anyway because i don't remember them, except for like, celirra and xel because i read them last night

inDheart 05-8-2018 11:54 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
i think i'm coming around to The Slip not actually being one

i wish haku and ffa would keep talking it out though and/or read the end of my post where they appear not to understand each other last night

blindreper1179 05-8-2018 12:19 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
VOTES

InD-->funny
Xel-->Cel
Haku-->ffa
Ffa-->round
Curry-->Haku
Ffa-->Haku
Ffa-->unvote
Haku-->unvote
InD-->Cel

Please call me out if wrong.

inDheart 05-8-2018 12:29 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
you know i think this whole pressure thing would work out better if people were voting for the people they wanted to pressure

*glares at manti and ffa*

mellonxcollie 05-8-2018 12:42 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4619037)
what was the slip

I wanna know this too

Hakulyte 05-8-2018 12:48 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
XelNya feels like he's not in a hurry to get invested in the game. Pmuch just null for now.

Zoshi/Funny looks fine so we probably should lynch them. [insert meme]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4619035)
i... disagree

Ironically, I agree with you after rereading.

---

I'm having trouble filtering false positives from what FFA would do as town in this game. It's like he keeps mixing up reaction tests with actual plays and I'm not sure if I should trust the willingness to move the game forward or hold the vote for not following my own set of expectations. It felt like a decent moment to back off and look elsewhere because that felt like a tunnel more than anything else. I'd rather act like this is TvT and try to see if there's a better fish or if I can lock the game further by looking more into making a potential town circle. At same time, I don't mind continuing because keeping the game with the focus on me/ffa makes the game trickier for wolves at Night 1. I do plan to vote him if I don't find anything better. I have curry in mind too, but not enough material to get a decent read yet.

I also have the wolf mindset in mind more than the town mindset(let's steal storn's meta) and it felt natural to me to want to push ffa regardless. I just somehow kept getting more confused about his intentions the more we talked to each others. He gave me way too much room early game for no reason and it felt like a failed pocket attempt. His reads felt underdevelopped which is normal, but also happened previously as wolf. He eventually went back on pressuring me, but I feel like he doesn't take his own push seriously despite voting. So, at this point, I think it's better to see who wants to take a side for me or FFA and why. That would help get a feel about how this game could be.

On paper, I'd be still voting FFA, but priority should temporary move to evaluating what everyone else is doing.

Hakulyte 05-8-2018 12:53 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
btw, despite what I think of FFA, I'm tempted to give him a pass for D0 just because he generates so much interactions on his own that it's moving the game forward and that's something town needs right now.

Hakulyte 05-8-2018 12:54 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
brb another 4-5 hours because lol school.

Hakulyte 05-8-2018 12:55 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mellonxcollie (Post 4619047)
I wanna know this too

I made a post that could be interpreted as a slip, but I don't really consider it a slip.

I assumed this game has no pre game chat after looking quickly at the setup.

#magic tricks revealed

Hakulyte 05-8-2018 12:56 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
The "OOTC off except for wolfs NIGHT chat" part specifically.

flashflash account 05-8-2018 01:11 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619043)
i think i'm coming around to The Slip not actually being one

i wish haku and ffa would keep talking it out though and/or read the end of my post where they appear not to understand each other last night

the problem I have with haku right now is that he's fitting his town meta yet mechanically looks wolfy (those are somewhat the same thing) and his town meta is so well known at this point I'm worried he's faking it

also callout to where he says he wants to "act like this is TvT"

I was thinking about the slip too and I'm actually more inclined to think it's real because of how confident it is, and how confident his followup is

anyway I walked 15 miles, wasted 2 hours of my morning, and spent $5.31 on a computer power cord that we have two of lying around the house that my mom took away for no reason

ama

Zoshi 05-8-2018 01:11 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mellonxcollie (Post 4619047)
I wanna know this too

the slip has been brought up numerous times, did you just miss it in reading, or are you not reading

Zoshi 05-8-2018 01:13 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4619053)
the problem I have with haku right now is that he's fitting his town meta yet mechanically looks wolfy (those are somewhat the same thing) and his town meta is so well known at this point I'm worried he's faking it

also callout to where he says he wants to "act like this is TvT"

I was thinking about the slip too and I'm actually more inclined to think it's real because of how confident it is, and how confident his followup is

anyway I walked 15 miles, wasted 2 hours of my morning, and spent $5.31 on a computer power cord that we have two of lying around the house that my mom took away for no reason

ama

is your mom hot

flashflash account 05-8-2018 01:14 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoshi (Post 4619055)
is your mom hot

no

ask better questions

also yeah raeko what's up with that are you not reading

Zoshi 05-8-2018 01:20 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4618999)
Since this is sort of a question you asked: I didn't pick up on the slip right away, I think because by the time I got there I was already thinking about hakus pov from our game together

If I didn't look back at all of hakus posts I might not have read it again, but it was much more obvious the second time (probably as obvious as it ought to be)

Looked back at your posts, and I just feel like the bold here comes across as just over explaining yourself. Like you're worried that somehow looking back on posts makes you look suspicious so there's that tiny bit of panic inside of you so you want your post to look really good and human.

am i close

Zoshi 05-8-2018 01:21 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4619056)
no

ask better questions

ok. is she single

DarkManticoreX2 05-8-2018 01:22 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Might be a quiet day for me. Work is going kinda crazy.

mellonxcollie 05-8-2018 01:25 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoshi (Post 4619054)
the slip has been brought up numerous times, did you just miss it in reading, or are you not reading

er no I did read that I just don't consider that to be a slip I guess. I thought there might have been something else I did miss

mellon_collie 05-8-2018 01:26 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
also sorry idk why i even logged back in as that account

flashflash account 05-8-2018 01:30 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoshi (Post 4619057)
Looked back at your posts, and I just feel like the bold here comes across as just over explaining yourself. Like you're worried that somehow looking back on posts makes you look suspicious so there's that tiny bit of panic inside of you so you want your post to look really good and human.

am i close

no

why would looking back on posts be suspicious?

Ind was wondering why I didn't see the slip the first time (he was concerned about my delayed reaction in that regard (which is understandable, it could look like I subconsciously skimmed past it because I already knew that too)) so I was just saying I probably would have noticed it if I hadn't tunneled on the part where haku was referencing our wolf game together

my response makes much more sense when you consider it a response to just that line imo

Zoshi 05-8-2018 01:39 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
So these are most of the posts referencing said slip, whether you believe it was a slip or not yourself, I fail to see how you wouldn't understand what the reference was:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4618909)
I'm seeing that because in my previous game with you, we were the wolf team and you were interacting with me a lot early game like that.

It felt like a "hey im here lol" kind of post because wolves don't have a pre game chat or anything.

I could be wrong, but I just don't have a better lead atm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4618914)
How do you know wolves don't have a pregame chat?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoshi (Post 4618919)
oh ok well i see the word 'night' is capitalised in op next for 'wolf NIGHT chat'

so i presume wolves dont have day chat. but odd that's something you picked up on and especially as were able to refer to the op about it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4618932)
I look things up when I question myself about if something is in the setup or not.

You can assume I read everything in details. Sometimes, I get the wrong idea, but I think I'll be fine with this setup.

(the 10 S.T.A.R.S Members part tho)

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4618933)
Originally I town read you for the reactions

The reactions were general frustration toward being town read

However given your slip and the fact that you've faked frustration before (even in our wolf game together) I'm getting suspicious of you

You say you're in a wolf mindset from being fresh off 4 wolf games but you could also be in a wolf mindset for being a wolf??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4618941)
Looks like you're starting to get more flexible with your view on me.

Hurray for getting what I want. I guess this is the part where I'll wait things out until someone else react.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4618950)
It looks like you slipped about wolfchat and are now panicking

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4618951)
Pre game chats usually happen when there's a N0 or some sort of gimmick. This setup is straightforward with already established roles. If there's no mention of pre game chat somewhere next to the first few options, it means they don't have one.

It's just how it's been since forever. I don't see how that's a slip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4618953)
Why was this not your explanation the first time around

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4618971)
Tried to sleep but my brother did laundry in the slowest and most obnoxious way possible and now am surfing for a few minutes

My thoughts on haku are currently a combination of town reading him from meta and genuine frustration but wolf reading him for a slip that I still consider highly suspect as well as some amount of flailing afterwards. He managed to calm down quickly which I'd imagine is due to getting better as a wolf

Overall I think the actions Trump the meta and I'm still leery of him. I think a vote on him is justified but I'm still mulling over the possibility of town haku here before jumping back on

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4618991)
is that also a saying in french



lol, you say this like you can't contain your excitement



you respond to this post but not the one where he's calling you scummy...?

ffa's reads would bother me more there if they were like, intensely serious, which they don't read like. he gives another one a couple hours later where it's more like he's throwing people into groups, you know

hey it's page 2 and i think haku's town



they can agree on the result but not how they got there. i'd rather she ask haku why, but also...it's haku



i'm pocketing everyone and that's why my previous post bounced off both you and haku at the same time



:blonk:

this seems like not a great basis for a read and ffa continuing to like your line after this post (and then realizing the pregame chat thing after the fact) is weird

curry entrance is not spectacular, half his responses are like after-the-fact shitposting. i think he's played with haku before so his vote there, while having more to say about noc's reads, is confusing



lmao

i totally missed ffa voting roundbox apparently, but now you're pushing on the slip thing on haku?

nvm i like curry's #225



heroes or don't talk to me, but cel's duck-out is a mindmeld across time and space

your following posts make me wish we had a lie detector

@ffa: looks like haku is missing why exactly your read flipped and why thread progression would fit the flip so i think you're just talking past each other and it's making things weird

towns atm
gun (duh)
ind
manti
zoshi
curry?
olimar?
haku?

you appearing to seize late on haku's slip is odd to me, but i might reread it in the morning and see if i still think it's a slip and relocate him accordingly. meta is otherwise telling me he's town

i'm divided on you right now too, i think you're connected to that situation

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4618999)
Since this is sort of a question you asked: I didn't pick up on the slip right away, I think because by the time I got there I was already thinking about hakus pov from our game together

If I didn't look back at all of hakus posts I might not have read it again, but it was much more obvious the second time (probably as obvious as it ought to be)

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619006)
yeah, the reason i ask about you suddenly picking up on a slip is because your word choice reads like you saw it the first time too

some posts might not directly say 'pre game chat' or 'slip' but that's because they were replying to a quote that did, and are still talking about the same thing, so you should have been able to see the quote they were responding to if you also saw these posts

there's like 13 posts here and I missed out a few. I dont buy you didn't know it because you didn't consider it a slip. maybe asking about it was just your way of wanting to seem interested in topic without paying too much attention

Zoshi 05-8-2018 01:40 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
also these span from page 9-14

flashflash account 05-8-2018 01:47 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4618922)
Noc just reminded me that the game started, which is good, because I probably wouldn't have checked the site until tomorrow had someone not given me a heads up on Discord.
wait so i guess that means ur a wuff wuff then
Hakylyte
i mean i read the setup but that's only because i'm trying to overcompensate for missing like a whole day of the game
i dun believe you because he technically admitted in broad daylight to being a wolf
all of this is dubious
Doubly dubious, indubitably.
I mean, you would know cause you're partners, right? :morton2:
yey
is polymer
i mean olimar
no ur fake
Also, just so I don't mess things up again and completely miss the phase end, what time does the phase end?

curry's entrance is pretty middling in a vacuum but this is town curry and I'd stake my life on it

I also value my meta read of curry over winning the game so don't bother asking why he's towny

Zoshi 05-8-2018 01:50 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4619062)
no

why would looking back on posts be suspicious?

Ind was wondering why I didn't see the slip the first time (he was concerned about my delayed reaction in that regard (which is understandable, it could look like I subconsciously skimmed past it because I already knew that too)) so I was just saying I probably would have noticed it if I hadn't tunneled on the part where haku was referencing our wolf game together

my response makes much more sense when you consider it a response to just that line imo

inD brought you up on that, not me, i just questioned the bold.

though i understand why you would want to add the extra bit on now, as you missed it only due to tunnelling the one thought, though you also didn't mention tunnelling specifically in the post in question.

it makes me uneasy that you are confident i should understand it better now


also why were you looking back on his posts anyway, you didn't reference anything else, where you just looking to see if you could pick up anything on him to make your interaction longer

flashflash account 05-8-2018 01:52 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
I was probably just looking back because I hadn't read the entirety of what he was saying yet

Zoshi 05-8-2018 01:53 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4619065)
curry's entrance is pretty middling in a vacuum but this is town curry and I'd stake my life on it

I also value my meta read of curry over winning the game so don't bother asking why he's towny

youre dumb to stake your own life on anything


if you wont explain why he's town then explain why you value your meta read so much. and if i look at NSM and see if you've ever been wrong on him i'm voting you


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution