Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149163)

Curry and Rice 05-17-2018 04:44 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
PART 3:

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4620241)
Could you please state your case for why roundbox is the most likely wolf to you? You have mainly said positive things about how he has played besides some concern that he is "fading"?

Don't really think I've been overwhelmingly positive about roundbox so idk what you mean by that. I also notice that you seem to be singling me out for allegedly bringing up a lynch out of nowhere, but completely ignore how roundbox pretty much did the same thing with me (with a dash of OMGUS to boot), exemplified by this quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620084)
tbh I wish curry and rice died here to solve my weird fantasy about him being wolf and celery being SK

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4620089)
somehow i missed where curry was the wolf in that fantasy


Curry and Rice 05-17-2018 04:44 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
PART 4:

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4620243)
Oh, I had not actually thought of this. Going back to look at the votes...actually that applies to both you and roundbox. But obviously not from your own perspective.

Cel had already unvoted by the time raeko voted though.

roundbox 05-17-2018 02:16 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620239)
I would just kill you if you were suspicious of me tbh
can't say that I've known you to be an easy mislynch

there's also the fact that 2/4 players from my perspective are anti-town
this isn't a game with 12 people alive and I'm just hounding you phase after phase

connect me to wolves if you're gonna call me one, and if you're gonna call me SK, sure, go ahead

also the the other reason I hate this post is because you're accusing me of OMGUS

dear god

roundbox 05-17-2018 02:16 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
no, seriously, accusing me of OMGUS is pretty tilting and insulting

Curry and Rice 05-17-2018 02:17 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620261)
also the the other reason I hate this post is because you're accusing me of OMGUS

dear god

i hate this post because you're trying to act like you're not

like

seriously

roundbox 05-17-2018 02:23 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4620250)
PART 3:


Don't really think I've been overwhelmingly positive about roundbox so idk what you mean by that. I also notice that you seem to be singling me out for allegedly bringing up a lynch out of nowhere, but completely ignore how roundbox pretty much did the same thing with me (with a dash of OMGUS to boot), exemplified by this quote:

I didn't try and lynch you with that fantasy because it felt rather unsubstantiated at the time
now that I've gone back and looked at your historical data, it seems to be the case

also, on the topic of raeko voting fg to save me: I guess? I understand why you see it this way, even though it's 100% false
I overwhelmingly called fg town and only voted to save myself since I know for a fact I'm town

roundbox 05-17-2018 02:24 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620214)
post

must be omgus because it's a case against me lol

inDheart 05-17-2018 02:33 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4620243)
Um...why not?

it would look like he has too much information, because he'd have a reason to "believe" that if he knew something about the night actions, therefore he's one of the antitown because no living town would know

that's pretty much what his previous post is saying

Curry and Rice 05-17-2018 02:33 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620265)
must be omgus because it's a case against me lol

you literally only started "suspecting" me after i didn't let up on you

like dude

inDheart 05-17-2018 02:38 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4620250)
Don't really think I've been overwhelmingly positive about roundbox so idk what you mean by that.

assume she means in the read you gave on him in your post with 4 reads, where you talk about him posting well but don't know if that was to save himself or what, and you were voting him then

that plus the post where you say you're not forgetting about him, just xel looks way worse

roundbox 05-17-2018 02:45 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
curry, you're being ridiculous. Here are the players I can suspect this game:

ind - Just kidding, he's the uncc'd vig

star - has had a pretty strong towny looking performance, I haven't had a problem with her posts and she's made some good points (including the one of your weird development of a scumread on me)

olimar - lolinactive (he's had some derpclear moments about 3rd party mechanics which he expressed openly to the thread)

celery - I liked his entrance back with manti and his harsh stance, but I want to say one of the only things pointing to him being scum is mechanics which leans him to being more 3rd party than anything else tbh (wolves wouldn't let celery do the kill unless he had to with raeko blocking and mw being disallowed)
I really need to read his posts

you - it's you for the reasons I've been stating

---

the gist of it is: I don't have many players to suspect
you're just the scummiest out of the bunch
this is completely independent of any case that you've brought against me

Curry and Rice 05-17-2018 02:47 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620271)
the gist of it is: I don't have many players to suspect

I mean, that's pretty telling in and of itself.

roundbox 05-17-2018 02:48 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4620272)
I mean, that's pretty telling in and of itself.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

roundbox 05-17-2018 02:49 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
here, let me rephrase that statement

I have only 4 players from my point of view that could be anti-town
2 of them are anti-town

what more do you want me to say

Curry and Rice 05-17-2018 02:50 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
are you even for real

Curry and Rice 05-17-2018 02:56 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Let me put it a different way: if all the potential suspicions you have are weak, maybe that says something about you.

roundbox 05-17-2018 03:55 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4620250)
Don't really think I've been overwhelmingly positive about roundbox so idk what you mean by that. I also notice that you seem to be singling me out for allegedly bringing up a lynch out of nowhere, but completely ignore how roundbox pretty much did the same thing with me (with a dash of OMGUS to boot), exemplified by this quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620023)
as for hunting wolves

curry hasn't done much in terms of reads fluctuation or affirmation, his only real concern today was a few quips for night kills and a posting of a reads list which didn't really have any development over the course of the day nor did it really diverge with anything from a previous day

this wasn't out of nowhere, you just missed the post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4620248)
PART 1:

Looking back, I think roundbox not voting to save FFA was because he thought that he would probably be lynched anyway the next day and didn't want it to be obvious that he was trying to save his partner. In light of the funny wagon and flip, he looks even worse from that, and his comments/reactions at the beginning of the day after that didn't help either (calling the game a "dumpster fire" and complaining about how the "game is proceeding in SK's favour" reads like venting after his partner died).

why would I not vote celery d1 to save my "partner"
you can check me on this, but historically my d0s go one of two paths:
1. I'm really confident in one person that nobody else gives even slight indication to
2. I have no idea what the hell I'm doing

(you can guess which one this game falls into)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4619765)
If funny's a wolf, we know who to look at. Otherwise, I think this gives you slight human points. No way you'd want to stop the lead vote when there's a chance it could turn to you.

don't forget you made this read about me as well

also, I'm really confused why you're reading into the dumpster fire comment as alignment indicative
all the PRs were dying left and right

and yes, the last living wolf is going to openly communicate their frustration that an SK was gonna win the game
(no, not me)

roundbox 05-17-2018 04:02 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=148561


here's footage of me wolfing

roundbox 05-17-2018 04:03 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620064)
I still like my tinfoil thoughts on celery
zoshi COULD be serial killing since his spiel with FFA simply makes him a non-wolf partner
still not gonna explore that avenue until later

did this get zoshi killed
lmfao

Curry and Rice 05-17-2018 04:08 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620281)
this wasn't out of nowhere, you just missed the post

Didn't miss that; that's literally from the same phase.

Quote:

why would I not vote celery d1 to save my "partner"
Same thing goes for me if you think I'm a wolf. And if you think I'm third party, then why haven't there been any kills?

Quote:

don't forget you made this read about me as well
Yes, and that was wrong. Am I not allowed to be wrong?

Quote:

and yes, the last living wolf is going to openly communicate their frustration that an SK was gonna win the game
(no, not me)
i mean

would be far from the first time i've seen it happen

Curry and Rice 05-17-2018 04:11 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
at this point, you're pretty much scrounging for any tiny scrap you can get tbh

roundbox 05-17-2018 04:16 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4620284)
Didn't miss that; that's literally from the same phase.

ok, then how did it come out of nowhere? you didn't include it in your post and it paints a completely different picture

roundbox 05-17-2018 04:16 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
if you're gonna vote me, just do it now and get it over with

Curry and Rice 05-17-2018 04:19 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Also doing some quick skimming through the last couple pages of that game of yours you linked led to these gems:
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4602894)
wow LMFAO this was a typo, he's towny fmpov if you read my post
I don't want to lynch him today
I don't fucking know what to do right now tbh

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4602896)
sorry haku I think you've bee doing a good job but I still don't like your slot
townreads on everyone else is really fucking my head right now

I don't think you could get much closer to that type of behavior right now if you tried. Starting from the end, I went back to Page 70 and you seem pretty similar between these two games.

Curry and Rice 05-17-2018 04:20 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620288)
ok, then how did it come out of nowhere? you didn't include it in your post and it paints a completely different picture

No, no it doesn't. The quote I highlighted from InD was to demonstrate how out of nowhere the whole suspicion was in general.

Curry and Rice 05-17-2018 04:21 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620289)
if you're gonna vote me, just do it now and get it over with

bite me

roundbox

roundbox 05-17-2018 04:24 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4620291)
No, no it doesn't. The quote I highlighted from InD was to demonstrate how out of nowhere the whole suspicion was in general.

I think my points against you were reasonable. Why don't you seem to see that?

also can we get like, one of any four other living players in this game to talk with us

Curry and Rice 05-17-2018 04:25 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Yeah, I'm just gonna take a stress break for a little bit before my brain melts or something.

star-crossed 05-17-2018 06:53 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
I think Cel is the least likely to be a mafia, between ffa pushing Cel as mafia throughout the day and not choosing to help Cel get on the subject of stuff besides manti by asking Cel questions, raeko's defense of Cel but unwillingness to fully side with Cel, and Cel starting the votes against ffa at the very end. This is one of the only things I feel very confident on. I will not vote for him today.

The main reason I have to think that olimar is not mafia, is the fact that ffa consistently pushed olimar as a serial killer suspect. Because serial killer reads are something that mafia can give genuine thoughts on and show that they are solving, I see it is much more likely ffa believed this, rather than tried to make somebody he knew was mafia and on his team look bad in this convoluted way. The only points toward him being a mafia, I feel, is raeko saying she felt kind of scared of voting him on D1, and possibly the fact that he kept defending ffa. I do not actually think that as the serial killer, he would talk about it the way that he has to us - which I think is the best lead I have on anybody, in terms of not being a serial killer. While I would feel very annoyed to lose to the person who is obviously trying the least out of everyone, my best guess at this point remains that he is a town. The raeko comment is kind of haunting me, to the point that I wish I had not even noticed it, because I don't feel that that one comment should hold more weight than how ffa acted through all of D0 (and seemed like he would have kept with if he had lived).

ffa had an awkward/silly push on roundbox from early on D0 that he did not keep up with, as I have said. rb specifically drew attention to ffa's read on raeko being for a silly reason. rb was around at the end of D0. rb had made a negative comment toward Cel earlier in the day that might help him defend trying to make more of a push on Cel to save ffa (something to do with the Manti stuff); however, he commented on Cel's stronger anger toward Manti, in a pretty neutral way, right at the end of the day when it may have been advantageous to him as a mafia in saving ffa, for him to speak more negatively of Cel. He chose not to vote anybody, but did say he would vote for Cel if somebody else switched to Cel, to avoid a kitb. He seemed very much a deer in the headlights for reasons I do not fully get.

roundb not voting for Curry (or even olimar) on D1 while he and funny, who he was townleaning, could be hanged confuses me a lot. Unless I am not understanding the vote timings and such, it seems like he is overemphasizing this woe-is-me narrative of "I am forced to kill funny to save myself" while not actually trying very hard to make an alternative possible. mellon on D1 voted funnygirl over roundb after a short conversation with him that is shading him about him being quiet here and there. I can kind of see raeko doing that just because funnygirl was susing raeko, though, and not necessarily because rb was mafia.

In summary, I feel the way the dead mafia talked toward him was pretty awkward - they both poked at him but did not follow through with it in any meaningful way (and with raeko actually helping to save him on D1 from dying). What looks good, is that he called out ffa and raeko on D0 as a connection, and that it seemed like he could have made Cel look worse to save ffa on that day as well. But probably the most important thing I would need to understand to feel better about him, is more about what his mindset has been at the ends of the Days, in retrospect.

I am getting to Curry next but I will post this now to give others the chance to respond...I think I have been writing and thinking this over, for over an hour at this point anyway.

roundbox 05-17-2018 06:59 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
I have a sinking feeling I just wasted a bunch of effort calling curry and rice scum and that he's actually town because of really dumb logic and parallels in my head

more in a bit

star-crossed 05-17-2018 07:42 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4620250)
Don't really think I've been overwhelmingly positive about roundbox so idk what you mean by that. I also notice that you seem to be singling me out for allegedly bringing up a lynch out of nowhere, but completely ignore how roundbox pretty much did the same thing with me (with a dash of OMGUS to boot), exemplified by this quote:

I think you misunderstood me here. You had been saying you felt suspicious of him since about halfway through D1, so it is not that it really felt random or inconsistent, it's just that up until you answered this question for me, the actual reasons you were giving that went against that suspicion seemed more salient/thoughtful than the points you'd raised against the person who you were consistently reading as sus.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4620191)
I mean, I already gave an explanation to that.

I would like to say, the main thing I was reacting to from this message when I was drunkposting (sorry) was actually this statement. Because, I initially tried to make clear that I did read your follow-up on the wording of your raeko read from D1. I just still think it was odd and potentially indicative of you two both being mafias, and my perception was that you were brushing off my read on that as illegitimate by portraying it as a question you had talked about more before. Sometimes your arguing style seems quite caught up in rhetoric. I am pretty sure this is mainly just your personal style, but I have had moments of wondering if it is being played up; this was one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4620248)
PART 1:

Looking back, I think roundbox not voting to save FFA was because he thought that he would probably be lynched anyway the next day and didn't want it to be obvious that he was trying to save his partner. In light of the funny wagon and flip, he looks even worse from that, and his comments/reactions at the beginning of the day after that didn't help either (calling the game a "dumpster fire" and complaining about how the "game is proceeding in SK's favour" reads like venting after his partner died).

I do think the concern that ffa may be hanged later on anyway is a pretty fair point for why the last mafia may not have tried to save him. Which I find kind of ironic, because I believe both you and rb have to some degree argued in your own defense "why wouldn't I have saved ffa if I were mafia?" and both of you are arguing each other as the most likely mafia. In your case, you seemed to be having technical difficulties with the forum, as well as with your computer restarting, and by the time you actually were commenting on how you felt about ffa versus Cel, there were about 2 minutes left in the day. (I presume this is mainly why you just left your vote on Haku when no one else wanted to hang him). So, especially given your complete lack of comments about Cel earlier, and your ideas on ffa as neutral throughout the Day, I do not really think you could have tried to save ffa as a mafia at the last minute without it seeming pretty awkward, given the technical difficulty situation. Which...kind of brings me back to looking at how the dead mafia acted toward you, which I will look over again now that I have a better idea of your history with ffa.

roundbox 05-17-2018 07:48 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
more on this "CRAZY" theory

so curry has had me as his top wolf pick for a bit now, and I was thinking of a line I used to defend myself about him as a line he could use to defend himself from me

so he's had me at the top of his spooky scale for a while now. there was one death last night: zoshi
at this point in the game, a killing power wants to get rid of another killing power because of how close the game is. curry, if he was wanting to get rid of his highest scumlean, he would just blast them.
both players COULD have stacked on Zoshi, but I think both killing powers go after each other at this point. If curry was convinced on me, I'd be dead. his vote on me supports this; I have never, at any point in the game, had a vest. curry would be 100% positive on my alignment if he shot a vest of mine, but he didn't, because he didn't shoot, and I don't have a vest.

soooo

yeah
is curry actually town???

star-crossed 05-17-2018 07:55 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620318)
more on this "CRAZY" theory

so curry has had me as his top wolf pick for a bit now, and I was thinking of a line I used to defend myself about him as a line he could use to defend himself from me

so he's had me at the top of his spooky scale for a while now. there was one death last night: zoshi
at this point in the game, a killing power wants to get rid of another killing power because of how close the game is. curry, if he was wanting to get rid of his highest scumlean, he would just blast them.
both players COULD have stacked on Zoshi, but I think both killing powers go after each other at this point. If curry was convinced on me, I'd be dead. his vote on me supports this; I have never, at any point in the game, had a vest. curry would be 100% positive on my alignment if he shot a vest of mine, but he didn't, because he didn't shoot, and I don't have a vest.

soooo

yeah
is curry actually town???

I kind of cannot really follow most of your theories about why people would make specific kills, so I am focusing on what I get more, which is day stuff. But I will be interested in what inD thinks of this

star-crossed 05-17-2018 08:05 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
The only interaction raeko arguably had with Curry is that raeko voted for funnygirl during the end of Day 1 while Curry was kind of an option. It is at 5:55am in my time that Curry is put to 2 votes, and while Cel does unvote before raeko decides to vote for funnygirl, it is within the same minute as raeko's vote (5:58am).

Curry voted raeko at the start of D2, with an italics declaration that wolves may be people not doing much. This was what he said when Cel said she tends to be quiet

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4619765)
Can anyone else corroborate this? I know in a game on NSM, wolf raeko was pretty quiet until called out for it, even though Charu thought she was a human.

It is confusing, because I like that he mentions that he has actual eperience with others being wrong about her while she was being quiet. But him asking for corroboration specifically when he already has the idea that she may always be (from Charu, and from Cel now), seems like it may be done with the intent of giving himself a reason to back off, while still being able to emphasize later that raeko was a "past vote" of his.

star-crossed 05-17-2018 08:16 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620214)
xel makes one angry and annoying post or two and he conveniently forgets the fact I'm his top wolf, even after he swaps out xel for olimar



I'm not a viable lynch? eh, fuck it, let's go with this guy

This argument does not really do anything for me, because I completely empathize with his view of xel at the time.

star-crossed 05-17-2018 08:34 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Sorry for posting so many times in a row but I am going to rest my eyes for a bit because I want to wait up for inD.

Curry and Rice 05-17-2018 08:39 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4620316)
I think you misunderstood me here. You had been saying you felt suspicious of him since about halfway through D1, so it is not that it really felt random or inconsistent, it's just that up until you answered this question for me, the actual reasons you were giving that went against that suspicion seemed more salient/thoughtful than the points you'd raised against the person who you were consistently reading as sus.

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say but I think I still disagree??

Quote:

I do think the concern that ffa may be hanged later on anyway is a pretty fair point for why the last mafia may not have tried to save him. Which I find kind of ironic, because I believe both you and rb have to some degree argued in your own defense "why wouldn't I have saved ffa if I were mafia?" and both of you are arguing each other as the most likely mafia. In your case, you seemed to be having technical difficulties with the forum, as well as with your computer restarting, and by the time you actually were commenting on how you felt about ffa versus Cel, there were about 2 minutes left in the day. (I presume this is mainly why you just left your vote on Haku when no one else wanted to hang him). So, especially given your complete lack of comments about Cel earlier, and your ideas on ffa as neutral throughout the Day, I do not really think you could have tried to save ffa as a mafia at the last minute without it seeming pretty awkward, given the technical difficulty situation.
I had the time to change my vote if I really wanted to, but I figured that even though FFA was, at the time, a null read to me, he was a better lynch than Cel (which was, of course, proven in hindsight). I probably could have used the excuse "Noc gets lynched Day 1 all the time as a human, so I think he's a human" if I were his partner as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620318)
snip

wut

are you ok

are you realizing you made a dire mistake in going after me

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4620321)
It is confusing, because I like that he mentions that he has actual eperience with others being wrong about her while she was being quiet. But him asking for corroboration specifically when he already has the idea that she may always be (from Charu, and from Cel now), seems like it may be done with the intent of giving himself a reason to back off, while still being able to emphasize later that raeko was a "past vote" of his.

The game with Raeko was only one game, not to mention her first one on NSM. Thus, I didn't know if it was an outlier in her playstyle, much like this type of inactivity usually isn't characteristic of Olimar.


Also, other people should totally chime up about this whole situation. Especially Cel and Olimar. As someone who's used to OOTC, it's kind of frustrating that all I can do is try to magically invoke them in the thread instead of pestering them through all manners available to me. :P

inDheart 05-17-2018 08:47 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
i'm here but i need caffeine because i am wilting fast

star, i agree that olimar really has the only stuff that means anything to being a serial killer or not, i'm just a little bothered still by his "humans don't want to lynch the SK" post today

i said earlier it could mean he's just not aware enough of the game state to even be scum, but if he's one of my clears, then there's only 2 other town posting and that doesn't feel quite right (and would be kind of disappointing)

inDheart 05-17-2018 09:05 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620318)
more on this "CRAZY" theory

so curry has had me as his top wolf pick for a bit now, and I was thinking of a line I used to defend myself about him as a line he could use to defend himself from me

so he's had me at the top of his spooky scale for a while now. there was one death last night: zoshi
at this point in the game, a killing power wants to get rid of another killing power because of how close the game is. curry, if he was wanting to get rid of his highest scumlean, he would just blast them.
both players COULD have stacked on Zoshi, but I think both killing powers go after each other at this point. If curry was convinced on me, I'd be dead. his vote on me supports this; I have never, at any point in the game, had a vest. curry would be 100% positive on my alignment if he shot a vest of mine, but he didn't, because he didn't shoot, and I don't have a vest.

soooo

yeah
is curry actually town???

he has you as his top wolf, but that doesn't make him 100% positive?

confus

also, i think this is only ruling him out of SK behavior because it'd be harder for wolves to present "real" scum picks to the thread while they aim to lynch town, especially in the early game

inDheart 05-17-2018 09:20 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4620321)
The only interaction raeko arguably had with Curry is that raeko voted for funnygirl during the end of Day 1 while Curry was kind of an option. It is at 5:55am in my time that Curry is put to 2 votes, and while Cel does unvote before raeko decides to vote for funnygirl, it is within the same minute as raeko's vote (5:58am).

Curry voted raeko at the start of D2, with an italics declaration that wolves may be people not doing much. This was what he said when Cel said she tends to be quiet


It is confusing, because I like that he mentions that he has actual eperience with others being wrong about her while she was being quiet. But him asking for corroboration specifically when he already has the idea that she may always be (from Charu, and from Cel now), seems like it may be done with the intent of giving himself a reason to back off, while still being able to emphasize later that raeko was a "past vote" of his.

sorry, where would he have that corroboration from before this game?

i'm not really sure how much attention raeko was paying to the end of day 1, tbh. she had said one total thing about funnygurl before that, nothing about curry, nothing about xel who was somewhat viable (cel wanted to vote him), and popped in to make the one post about olimar. so i think at some point she just decided her vote was going to be on funny regardless of whatever the counter was, and so her lack of a vote on curry isn't so notable

Curry and Rice 05-17-2018 09:57 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
I'll be back closer to phase end.

inDheart 05-17-2018 09:58 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
i think there's a scum in curry/roundbox, but maybe not both

i think they've both been doing bits of the thing they both say they're not doing and accuse the other of: expressing a high degree of confidence of scumminess of the other player, except at a time when it's stated to be wolfy to believe that because it implies TMI

one thing roundbox has going for him is the way he didn't seem to come into today auto-prepared to bury curry implies he doesn't actually have such knowledge; he posted for a bit before he started casing curry which expands a bit on his "weird fantasy" from late yesterday

i didn't remember many of those posts made by him in CLXXIV, which might be just a testament to how wrong and out of that game i was, and i've apparently completely confused his play there with the TWGood End game

inDheart 05-17-2018 10:04 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
beyond that i think it's a crapshoot

i really, really would like to be able to clear olimar but i don't know if i can fully, because of some weirdness around him

assuming there's only one in curry/roundbox means there's one in star/cel if i clear him, and they're both like, rather towny with cel having rather less wolf equity between them

Celirra 05-17-2018 10:25 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
I've read everything and stuff

I don't mind roundbox lynch

I like my tinfoil of star kinda still but not as much

Curry I have no clue about if I had to be honest, his general style is one that inherently comes off as scummy to me, which I'm trying to overcome this game which might be why I can't see him as too scummy for some weird reason.

Olimar is clear to me, I think I've gone over it and tbh there's not a ton *to* say given how little he's given us; it sounds bad but if he is scum I would consider it a win for us regardless given he hasn't really played and maybe should've been modkilled but I shouldn't go down this route

InD is almost as cute as me

I'll give more info on roundbox lunch once I get home from playing pump

Celirra 05-17-2018 11:08 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
re: roundbox


I think I mentioned before that I expect a lot from him as town and he just kinda... has been pretty apathetic towards towns wincon this game, and more... not emotional but definitely more pathos than logos it feels (did I do it right mr English teacher??)

The fg lynch rubbed me the wrong way for both good and bad reasons. As others pointed out Raeko saving him is kinda sketch, which i think is the good reason. The bad reason is his reaction to me asking if he was pr; given he wasn't on the hot seat particularly and was if anything the less popular counterwagon, vt was easily the easier route and likely pushed a lot of onus off of him it was the way that it came out too that sounded bad, and the idea of going for someone who you had already written off as towny earlier in the phase for GOOD REASONS just feels very poor to me, you could've easily started a different wagon if you felt so inclined. Especially given fg wasn't here to defend herself she made for an easy target, and naturally too given the potential to her being PR but not even caring about the risk is... well, bad.


It's hard to quote on mobile or I would use quotes potrbtually

Celirra 05-17-2018 11:12 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Roundbox also seems very fickle and (lightly sometimes) susses anyone who pressures him (me kinda, and now curry) which is kinda convenient

roundbox 05-17-2018 11:36 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4620340)
Roundbox also seems very fickle and (lightly sometimes) susses anyone who pressures him (me kinda, and now curry) which is kinda convenient

lol

roundbox 05-17-2018 11:43 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
this game is fire emblem all over again
except this time people suspect me of being evil and I'm not just here screaming at my remaining town members to be active

inDheart 05-17-2018 11:47 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4620339)
As others pointed out Raeko saving him is kinda sketch, which i think is the good reason.

ok but if they're both wolves then they have to be both around in thread for the d0 lynch and do absolutely nothing about it too

which i have a hard time getting over to call him a wolf

and like i said i don't think raeko was really reading that hard and was just hanging around to jump on funny

inDheart 05-17-2018 11:49 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
everyone is like approaching degrees of being clear from wolf though and maybe i should just cut through that and ignore it all

idk

i'm tired

roundbox 05-18-2018 12:00 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
celery is gonna get me lynched with the bare amount of effort

curry is just doing this thing and I'm everywhere on him

olimar is lmfao, he's peeped the thread at least 3 times today without saying anything

star is doing well though

ind has lost some zeal since he got left alive somehow


woo

roundbox 05-18-2018 12:01 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
I guess this is where I look at celery's posts

roundbox 05-18-2018 12:02 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620347)
I guess this is where I look at celery's posts

and I fucking swear if I get accused of OMGUS one more time
(I was planning on doing this earlier but I took a benadryl and it knocked me out)

inDheart 05-18-2018 12:09 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620346)
ind has lost some zeal since he got left alive somehow

i did not expect to be alive so i made plans for these past two days

next time i'll just block out the whole week tbh

roundbox 05-18-2018 12:13 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
at least town has another day to try after my (probable) death

I'm not gonna say how the night kills should happen because I'm not giving these jerkfaces a free pass to their wincon

Curry and Rice 05-18-2018 12:18 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620341)
lol

See, it's stuff like this that oozes suspiciousness. When you don't have legitimate answers to stuff, you instead choose to disregard aforementioned stuff with cheap humor.

Here, let me try:
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620346)
curry is just doing this thing and I'm everywhere on him

rofl

inDheart 05-18-2018 12:21 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
doubtful olimar is on the table since enough people don't want him on the table, apparently, and I GUESS his blissful unawareness of game state is a thing

cel came into today with 3 things to sort out and apparently got nowhere on curry even after this long interaction with mr. box, just goes from tonal stuff to "he's someone that acts scummy but i should probably be townreading question mark"

star seems...strangely un-bothered by cel suggesting a world where she's SK and doesn't respond to it even though she responds to something else in cel's bigpost today, but bristles more at curry suggesting it, so idk why the difference

Curry and Rice 05-18-2018 12:24 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Cel's disappearance is a bit concerning. Like, he should be here right now posting stuff, unless he's just given up which is honestly silly if he's a human.

roundbox 05-18-2018 12:27 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4620351)
See, it's stuff like this that oozes suspiciousness. When you don't have legitimate answers to stuff, you instead choose to disregard aforementioned stuff with cheap humor.

Here, let me try:

rofl

I do that often when I see something I think is bullshit or really, really lame

I said that line about you because anyone can look at my progression throughout the day and see what I meant

roundbox 05-18-2018 12:28 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
star and olimar end this phase without a vote

celery/curry probably vote me

the only way I survive here is a kitb assuming ind wants to hook a brother up

roundbox 05-18-2018 12:28 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620356)
celery/curry probably vote me

curry already has his vote on me, oops

inDheart 05-18-2018 12:29 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4620330)
he has you as his top wolf, but that doesn't make him 100% positive?

confus

also, i think this is only ruling him out of SK behavior because it'd be harder for wolves to present "real" scum picks to the thread while they aim to lynch town, especially in the early game

roundbox what do you think of this anyway

Curry and Rice 05-18-2018 12:31 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620355)
I do that often when I see something I think is bullshit or really, really lame

ok sure

i believe you

Quote:

I said that line about you because anyone can look at my progression throughout the day and see what I meant
I think you're just spouting random things out and hoping something sticks.

roundbox 05-18-2018 12:39 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
fuck off
if you're legitimately town here I hope you savour your loss because of your pretentiousness

@indheart:

what I was trying to say is that:
-if curry had the power to kill, he'd have killed me by now since he suspects me of being the other killing power
-I brought up the vest issue because Zoshi was the only night kill. A vest popped maybe? A stack happened, maybe? if one party popped the other's vest, they would be trying to lynch the other to save themselves from dying in the night

Curry and Rice 05-18-2018 12:45 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620360)
fuck off
if you're legitimately town here I hope you savour your loss because of your pretentiousness

Is it really that much worse than completely scoffing off anything the people against you say? I'm at least trying to provide some explanation as to why I don't like your behavior, and that's supposed to be pretentious?

inDheart 05-18-2018 12:48 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
is this two towns

jesus

i have a pronounced dislike for curry's tone on reread so i get what cel means now

Curry and Rice 05-18-2018 12:49 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4620362)
i have a pronounced dislike for curry's tone on reread so i get what cel means now

everyone says that all the time

i don't get it

inDheart 05-18-2018 12:54 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4620336)
I've read everything and stuff

I don't mind roundbox lynch

I like my tinfoil of star kinda still but not as much

Curry I have no clue about if I had to be honest, his general style is one that inherently comes off as scummy to me, which I'm trying to overcome this game which might be why I can't see him as too scummy for some weird reason.

Olimar is clear to me, I think I've gone over it and tbh there's not a ton *to* say given how little he's given us; it sounds bad but if he is scum I would consider it a win for us regardless given he hasn't really played and maybe should've been modkilled but I shouldn't go down this route

InD is almost as cute as me

I'll give more info on roundbox lunch once I get home from playing pump

i would want to lynch this post but not really the next post

aaaaagh

Curry and Rice 05-18-2018 12:55 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
It's even worse because there are a bunch of people who should be here but aren't.

roundbox 05-18-2018 12:56 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
I lost my multiquote (ffr ate it)

what I wanted to point out is that Celery had hardly any mention of the SK except for very, very light mentions in passing on some individual players

him voting out FFA makes him look very non-wolfy since he would have been actively ridding himself of the long-term wolf power

his lead on xel and only pursuing people based on wolfiness leads me to believe he's a very good SK candidate

---

my wariness about curry is that he isn't doing much to investigate other players this phase as all of his energy has been concentrated on me

he's responded to star about some things but his lack of considering other possible worlds in this game is frustrating and suspect at the same time

inDheart 05-18-2018 12:57 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
actually now i forget why i liked the second post

it's kind of got the shadowolfe vibe of severely overwordsing a wolf read

roundbox 05-18-2018 12:57 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4620365)
i would want to lynch this post but not really the next post

aaaaagh

how do you like him being apathetic to town's wincon

have I not been actively hunting scum and doing work within this phase and last???

roundbox 05-18-2018 12:57 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620369)
how do you like him being apathetic to town's wincon

have I not been actively hunting scum and doing work within this phase and last???

how do you like him saying that I've been apathetic to town's wincon**

Curry and Rice 05-18-2018 12:57 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4620367)
my wariness about curry is that he isn't doing much to investigate other players this phase as all of his energy has been concentrated on me

he's responded to star about some things but his lack of considering other possible worlds in this game is frustrating and suspect at the same time

I mean, I have Olimar pegged as sk, with Star as a paranoid pick. The only other person to investigate would be Cel.

roundbox 05-18-2018 12:58 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
my theory on Cel being the SK completely lines up with my wild guess of manti jailing him N0, therefore preventing him from having a kill the first night (only 2 happened)

inDheart 05-18-2018 12:59 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4620371)
I mean, I have Olimar pegged as sk, with Star as a paranoid pick. The only other person to investigate would be Cel.

isn't this lack of options type thing the same you were already at him over

roundbox 05-18-2018 12:59 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
celirra

up to you ind

inDheart 05-18-2018 01:00 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
i hate this

curry

roundbox 05-18-2018 01:00 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
I think curry and rice is a really, really misguided town

roundbox 05-18-2018 01:00 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)
 
ind???


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution