Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Technology (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Flash Flash Revolution: The App (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=139845)

KillerScythe0 11-24-2014 09:41 AM

Flash Flash Revolution: The App

So guys, I am currently in one of the only app development classes in the world (as far as I know) within my school. I was thinking that because FFR didn't have an app of it's own, I was thinking of making an app that let's you access;
  • Your profile
  • Forums
  • Song Info
  • Level Stats
  • Gambling Hall
  • Song Shop
  • and probably more!

Things you won't be able to do... just because it would be impractical;
  • Play the game
  • Change background (depending on the format chosen)
  • and probably more, as me being in class does not give me much time to think on my own and freely... in class I get about 48 minutes to work on whatever.

Sadly you would not be able to play the game... but at the same time, I don't think anyone would want to play RATO on an IOS device. It's almost comical.

I want this to really be a thing, but I would be working on this for a really long time and don't know when it would be finished. I'm currently in school and working on this, for now, I have to plan out what is NEEDED and what is WANTED. I would like feedback on how you would all feel about this being a thing.

Once I get back home, I will be able to elaborate more on this, but I just wanted to get this stuff out there so I do not forget.

Rapta 11-24-2014 09:45 AM

Re: Flash Flash Revolution: The App

Make it so we can access the video database so I can show my friends easier.

lurker 11-24-2014 09:48 AM

tbqh an FFR app that ISN'T for playing the game will only confuse newcomers

choof 11-24-2014 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerScythe0 (Post 4237778)
Things you won't be able to do... just because it would be impractical;
  • Play the game

read this as "i don't know how to do this so i won't even attempt it"

KillerScythe0 11-24-2014 10:04 AM

It's impractical to play the game on IOS, being that some songs are hard enough on a computer. I can do background, but that will be a latter thing I will add, not in my priorities.

I don't give up easily, but at the same time, I don't like to waste time on something I have nearly no clue on how to do it, when I could work on things I DO know.

choof 11-24-2014 10:09 AM

bluetooth keyboards are a thing

choof 11-24-2014 10:10 AM

you couldn't play ffr on iOS anyway because it doesn't support flash

KillerScythe0 11-24-2014 10:20 AM

Unless a new engine is created that is supported by IOS.

lurker 11-24-2014 10:20 AM

rhythm games are totally practical on iOS and it's pretty dishonest to use goddamn RATO as an argument against it
the only problem (lol only) is that you'd have to rewrite the entire engine, but ofc i want to see that happen regardless

mr_candy 11-24-2014 10:22 AM

Call it ffr community or something like that. Profile chat MUST, replays MUST. Access to games chatroom would be nice but you'll have a near impossible time implementing the first two.

Talk to ffr dev maybe they'll give you adequate information/access to make this possible. I would like to see it done but, it would honestly be useless without profile chat as I can do everything you listed more than adequately on safari...

Good luck

PhantomPuppy 11-24-2014 10:23 AM

whether we can play the game or not on it, i think its pretty cool that he's going out of his way in the first place to try and make this app. i say go for it, and good luck :)

EDIT: like what mr_candy said, it would be very useful to have profile chat in there. very nice suggestion.

KillerScythe0 11-24-2014 10:25 AM

I could include a Rhythm game aspect to the app, but It would be something that would be a more than one person team project, I can do the app, but rewriting an entire Engine is not something I can fathom right now.

I am sorry for using RATO, but it is a real thing that people try to FC, and those who try to AAA. Also, i don't think many would be happy only having about 3/4 of the songs available to play.

_Zenith_ 11-24-2014 10:25 AM

I was just having a discussion with a group of people how the usage of Apps or even how most of them are a "Cookie Cutter" for the next App to come out, is completely asinine. I personally would never use any such app, because it's more reliable to just sit down at a computer for ten minutes and check anything I need.

Wayward Vagabond 11-24-2014 10:26 AM

one of the things that is wanted is for the app to be available for android too

mr_candy 11-24-2014 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4237801)
I was just having a discussion with a group of people how the usage of Apps or even how most of them are a "Cookie Cutter" for the next App to come out, is completely asinine. I personally would never use any such app, because it's more reliable to just sit down at a computer for ten minutes and check anything I need.

Facebook on my phone, why? Because I want to access facebook when I don't have a computer available...... It's the exact same thing here....

KillerScythe0 11-24-2014 10:31 AM

Profile chat is definitwly an agreed must, though the hardest part. not including the rhythm game part of it. I do think replays/videos are also a must, and one of the easier parts of the app. Just a reminder to everyone. I AM THE ONLY ONE WORKING ON THIS, I AM A ONE MAN TEAM! i'm even getting shit from my fiends who play this in school... And i got a detention for being off tast on my Ipad, writing in these forums, that is how dedicated to you guys and gals... dancers...

KillerScythe0 11-24-2014 10:33 AM

not sur how to make it Android friendly. That would have to be from someone who knows about that to work mith me, now or after I finish.

mr_candy 11-24-2014 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerScythe0 (Post 4237807)
Profile chat is definitwly an agreed must, though the hardest part. not including the rhythm game part of it. I do think replays/videos are also a must, and one of the easier parts of the app. Just a reminder to everyone. I AM THE ONLY ONE WORKING ON THIS, I AM A ONE MAN TEAM! i'm even getting shit from my fiends who play this in school... And i got a detention for being off tast on my Ipad, writing in these forums, that is how dedicated to you guys and gals... dancers...

Talk to arcrmx he's an app developer iirc. The profile chat with access to the back end would be pretty simple for him.

But yeah to make this remotely decent you'll need heavy involvement from ffr staff otherwise you will end up with something no1 will use

_Zenith_ 11-24-2014 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_candy (Post 4237805)
Facebook on my phone, why? Because I want to access facebook when I don't have a computer available...... It's the exact same thing here....

I've never owned a phone in my life, because I personally hate phones, and this is my opinion, so of course it'll be wrong in other's eyes.

In terms of making FFR an App, it would be very weird and uncomfortable to adjust to because FFR has been a website for the past 11 years.

KillerScythe0 11-24-2014 10:39 AM

Yes it would be wierd, but I want to contribute to this community as much as possible. Change and development is necessary in all things, and I think this is the next step, that is not a new engine or a new website format. We can branch put durther with this and make it an even bigger community!

あああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああ

and where can I contact arcrmx and the devs for info, and which dev do I contact?

mr_candy 11-24-2014 10:44 AM

Pm prawnskunk with your idea and what you need. He'll tell you how it is

choof 11-24-2014 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerScythe0 (Post 4237800)

I am sorry for using RATO, but it is a real thing that people try to FC, and those who try to AAA. Also, i don't think many would be happy only having about 3/4 of the songs available to play.

the only (lol only) people in ffr's history who have tried to aaa are dossar and staiain

mina already aaa'd

choof 11-24-2014 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4237816)
mina already aaa'd

this is a joke guys,

KillerScythe0 11-24-2014 11:05 AM

You are right, but my main point was that it is not the easiest thing to AAA songs for some in the first place, and that making the game partial IOS would not make it any easier to AAA, it would probably just make it harder.

and not to reiterate,cbut remaking an engine is not something that I even know how to start. I can atleast start on the main app.

_Zenith_ 11-24-2014 11:07 AM

If there is serious thought in making a FFR App, then it would only be for prochat/forums/etc. The engine of FFR or even the capability of playing FFR as an App on the phone, should never become an App.

lurker 11-24-2014 11:08 AM

yeah because no one plays app games zzzzzzzzz

KillerScythe0 11-24-2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurker (Post 4237823)
yeah because no one plays app games zzzzzzzzz

lol, kinda true...

lurker 11-24-2014 11:09 AM

uh

KillerScythe0 11-24-2014 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurker (Post 4237825)
uh

uh?

choof 11-24-2014 11:14 AM

lmfao

choof 11-24-2014 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerScythe0 (Post 4237828)
uh?

hint: dam slunkin on the flance door

klimtkiller 11-24-2014 11:39 AM

ffr as an app would be so awesome

noname219 11-24-2014 11:41 AM

Second page, nobody linked this thread ? http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=139680

lurker 11-24-2014 12:00 PM

well shit

KillerScythe0 11-24-2014 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noname219 (Post 4237839)
Second page, nobody linked this thread ? http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=139680

Well f**k... I didn't see that... Well now I feel really stupid for trying to make an app...

_Zenith_ 11-24-2014 12:09 PM

LOL Velocity's user groups.

Wayward Vagabond 11-24-2014 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4237811)
I've never owned a phone in my life, because I personally hate phones, and this is my opinion, so of course it'll be wrong in other's eyes.

In terms of making FFR an App, it would be very weird and uncomfortable to adjust to because FFR has been a website for the past 11 years.

you probably hate phones because you can't afford a decent one. which is cool im not hating you for being poor thats your choice and i respect that

KillerScythe0 11-24-2014 12:12 PM

Still going to continue to make the app though.

KillerScythe0 11-24-2014 01:12 PM

Big News! An app(of sorts) has been in heavy development for a long while now! sorry everyone! I do plan on doing something for the community though! I will continue my thinking! maybe like FFR the mobile rhythm game!

_Zenith_ 11-24-2014 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4237851)
you probably hate phones because you can't afford a decent one. which is cool im not hating you for being poor thats your choice and i respect that

You wouldn't have said anything if that was the case.

If you must know, it's not because I'm poor. I dislike having a phone for many reasons, apps being one of them. I'm not one of those "this generation" kids who puts their entire wallet in their phone for upgrades or who spends at least 10 hours sitting on a phone just looking at useless shit.

You should watch what you say.

choof 11-24-2014 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4237895)
YI'm not one of those "this generation" kids who puts their entire wallet in their phone for upgrades or who spends at least 10 hours sitting on a phone just looking at useless shit.

Quote:

welp

_Zenith_ 11-24-2014 01:34 PM

Don't take me serious either

Wayward Vagabond 11-24-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

If you must know, it's because I don't have any reason to have a phone. No one would call me or send me messages and I have fat fingers which makes using a touch screen near impossible.

I'm sensitive about my issues so you should watch what you say.

Oh ok

Godnick 11-24-2014 02:26 PM

Quote:

If you must know, you are in the same boat. No one will call or send new messages because your a fat headed pussy which makes using a touch screen near impossible.

You're being hypocritical about my issues so you should watch what you say.

ok

Wayward Vagabond 11-24-2014 02:30 PM

how cute i bet you guys make a cute couple

Rapta 11-24-2014 02:32 PM

rekt

mr_candy 11-24-2014 03:28 PM

Damn zenith you got issues. Get a phone peasant

Tim Allen 11-24-2014 05:12 PM

triggered

Velocity 11-24-2014 06:35 PM

Replays and Prochat are flash based, so I'm not sure how one would make the current versions work on anything. Prochat is designed around how flash works so I'm not sure how to reimplement that into a non-flash based system.

Also MWT.

mr_candy 11-24-2014 06:54 PM

You not use a SQL db for them? If so then yeah really wouldn't be that hard makin an ios/android equivalent if not, remake the chatroom in HTML 5 jquery w.e you fancy just not flash :') voila wouldn't even need an app then web browsers more than good enough.

The replays; i'm able to watch flash videos on my phone idk how they've done it but their has to be a way to do it. Just guessing would mean remaking another version of it where it's simply a non interactive flash video if you're accessing it from your phone, then just add whatever ios player thing most streaming sites use

@bmah: close enough

bmah 11-24-2014 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerScythe0 (Post 4237812)
and where can I contact arcrmx and the devs for info, and which dev do I contact?

You probably haven't found him, because his username is actually arcnmx: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/profile/arcnmx/

Shoot him or Velocity a PM for further inquiries. :)

lurker 11-24-2014 07:18 PM

replays aren't just flash vids brah

mr_candy 11-24-2014 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurker (Post 4238038)
replays aren't just flash vids brah

Kinda why i said it would need reworking to make them so.

Chocille 11-24-2014 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _zenith_ (Post 4237895)
you wouldn't have said anything if that was the case.

If you must know, it's not because i'm poor. I dislike having a phone for many reasons, apps being one of them. I'm not one of those "this generation" kids who puts their entire wallet in their phone for upgrades or who spends at least 10 hours sitting on a phone just looking at useless shit.

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Fission 11-24-2014 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 4238024)
Prochat is designed around how flash works so I'm not sure how to reimplement that into a non-flash based system.

http://socket.io/demos/chat/

< 300 lines of javascript, just add some authentication and voila you can use it to replace prochat

mr_candy 11-24-2014 09:44 PM

Ooo nice find! Not gunna lie ima be quite upset now if profile chat doesn't go js. I literally cannot think of a single reason why this hasn't been done years ago

Velocity 11-24-2014 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fission (Post 4238083)
http://socket.io/demos/chat/

< 300 lines of javascript, just add some authentication and voila you can use it to replace prochat

It uses a Node.JS backend which we currently don't have access too.

We've looked into different ways to move away from flash, but currently it's in the planning stage.

Godnick 11-24-2014 10:42 PM

Acute couple indeed.

FFR The Game is somewhat playable with a keyboard using the Xtreme Browser app. Tried several apps out for FFR months ago and it was the best.

Izzy 11-25-2014 12:29 PM

I feel like it is possible to run a flash player app on android, but for awhile now flash hasn't been apart of android Chrome at all. Everything that used to be flash is html5.

Could be possible, certainly not on iOS though.

korny 11-25-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

If you must know, it's not because I'm poor. I dislike having a phone for many reasons, apps being one of them. I'm not one of those "this generation" kids who puts their entire wallet in their phone for upgrades or who spends at least 10 hours sitting on a phone just looking at useless shit.

Oh my