Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Audio and Music Production (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Recommend me some 2022 albums +1000th album halp (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=137263)

rayword45 05-6-2022 12:58 AM

Re: Recommend me some 2022 albums halp

Day 964: Ramona Park Broke My Heart by Vince Staples

This is way better than that last piece of trash, but I think he peaked with Big Fish Theory. I really hope he didn't.

I wonder what it's like to have your worst album be your self-titled, if you perceive it as such.

Best Track: When Sparks Fly
Rating: 6/10

flat chest choof 05-6-2022 05:17 AM

hmmm bad spiritualized take

rushyrulz 05-6-2022 11:12 AM

Ghostlight by Poets of the Fall

rayword45 05-10-2022 08:22 PM

Day 965: Caprisongs by FKA Twigz

I bumped Magdalene from a 6/10 to an 8/10 a while ago.

This isn't as good as that one, but it's pleasant enough. Could be a bit tighter, but the features were mostly good. Maybe with repeat listens this one will bump up too.

Is my 1000th review going to be anticlimactic? I really hope not.

Best Track: Careless
Rating: 6.66666666666/10

flat chest choof 05-12-2022 12:27 PM

https://lilienrosarian.bandcamp.com/...r-in-my-garden

ambient glitchy tape music
incredibly pretty, I don't run into much music that overwhelms me in the way this one did lol

AAAorQUIT 05-12-2022 12:41 PM

https://fiend.bandcamp.com/album/fever-dream

one of my favorites

rayword45 05-15-2022 09:43 AM

Day 966: the new future

its mid

Best Track: nah
Rating: 5/10

rayword45 05-16-2022 05:11 PM

Day 967: Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers by you-know-already

I wanted to get this out before the stupid bald melon but I also wanted to give this a review more in-depth than half a sentence. I listened to this 3 times and went and listened to each of his LPs at least once again (besides Overly Dedicated) and I have to say that this is probably smack in the middle in terms of how much I like his albums.

With that in mind, knowing that my order of preference for his albums is usually the complete opposite of other people's, you'll probably find this to be mid for him too. It's not incredibly focused, yet it somehow feels like his most personal album since Good Kid. I think there's a great 50ish minute album in here, but some songs are truly, truly cringy and if someone like Hopsin released Auntie Diaries or We Cry Together people would rightfully be calling him a cornball.

Still, it hits more than it misses for me. Although having a feature from Kodak Black is probably a bad look.

Best Track: Father Time
Rating: 7.5/10

3lijah 05-17-2022 09:26 AM

Bruh at this point you could be the Anthony Fantano of VSRGs

rayword45 05-18-2022 06:41 PM

Day 968: Maladaptive Dreaming by sonhos tomam conta (Album Choice: gravity and Alice... kinda?)

Wait, so you guys wanted me to fuck to the album these guy(s?) released before this one? Is this new one drastically different or something? Because I have some SERIOUSLY worse/weirder/sadder choices on my sex music list than whatever this is.

This oddly made me nostalgic for 2013, this gave me flashbacks to October Language despite this being WAY more song-oriented. Do I like it? I mean, uh, somewhat. What exactly is metal or blackgaze about this? Who cares about genres but I mean, nothing about this made me think "metal". It's more just dreamy soundscapes with faint vocals, like a ton of other shoegaze/noise pop stuff. It's definitely not that pop structured but it's more that than any sort of ambient.

The good is that it's lush and pretty. The bad is that it gets repetitive fast, although there are some standouts. If this was even LESS traditionally structured, maybe the repetitive feeling wouldn't bother me as much.

The unknown is if this or Hypnagogia will make for good sex music.

I hope by the time I get to 1000 Donda 2 or something equally notable is out.

Best Track: Nothing's Gonna Hurt You Anymore
Rating: 6.25/10

riktoi 05-19-2022 08:37 AM

sex music

Gravity Kitten 05-19-2022 09:32 AM

you were supposed to have sex to the album as a first impression jack ass

Gravity Kitten 05-19-2022 09:32 AM

also idk how april got dragged into this but ty for the review LOL

Wiosna 05-19-2022 11:00 AM

it's because i'm brazilian and so is the musician

rayword45 05-23-2022 06:42 PM

Day 969: Glitch Princess by yeule

I listened to it 5 times.

It was fine.

Best Track: rubma
Rating: 6/10

rayword45 05-26-2022 09:04 AM

Day 970: You Belong There by Daniel Rossen

I remember when I was like 15 or something I tried listening to Grizzly Bear and I didn't like it very much. I didn't hate it, it just felt like pure nothing to me.

This is the first solo album of one of the guys from that band and it reminds me a lot of my reaction to listening to that music when I was 15. It's fine, but it doesn't leave any real emotional impact on me. It's composed well, the melodies are fine, but it just goes in one ear and out the other, I really want to like this more than I do, but thems the breaks.

Best Track: footjob
Rating: 5/10

rayword45 06-4-2022 03:18 PM

Day N/A: DS4EVER by Gunna

it sucks ass

Best Track: ligma
Rating: 1.5/10

EDIT: I ALREADY REVIEWED THIS MOTHERFUCKER THIS DOESN'T COUNT

my rating went down 1 point lol

Trogdor!!!! 06-9-2022 03:07 PM

I'm gonna need some explanation on your current opinion of the new Beach House record.

rayword45 06-15-2022 09:29 AM

Day 971: mekanoworld​.​xyz by Team Mekano

I don't know how to describe this album whatsoever. When it's danceable shit akin to hardcore breaks or throwback rave genres, it's great. Breakcore shit, it's great. Mashcore type stuff, meh. Stuff that leans more towards hyperpop, well, I don't HATE it but I don't love it.

What drags this down is whenever it gets annoying, which is some of the hyperpop-esque stuff and ALL of the nightcore influences.

Also, I still don't know what HexD is.

Best Track: the last two tracks
Rating: 6.5/10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trogdor!!!! (Post 4779118)
I'm gonna need some explanation on your current opinion of the new Beach House record.

it sucks and is boring

rayword45 06-16-2022 08:58 AM

Day 972: Love of Plastic by Shinichi Atobe

A friend of mine recommended to me the EP this guy made in 2001 many years ago but many years after 2001. The one he made before disappearing for over a decade. I haven't listened to anything he's made since his return.

I think New York City has given me conflicting emotions about minimal techno/house type stuff, where I spend so much time around it because that city has a hard-on for music with absolutely no changes to rhythm or melody for 20 minutes or longer (that and dubstep). In certain contexts, I can vibe, but I wish there was more old-school rave stuff, or more Drum and Bass, or more breakcore, or more trance (I know of one small club but it's only good on weekdays), or really anything more than just the genres I listed.

None of these songs are over 10 minutes and most DO have some changes in them, I would say I enjoyed about 70% of this album, and that's going to be my rating (oh whoops spoiler alert). Only 2 or 3 tracks were REALLY good though, and an equal amount were boring. I went back and listened to that 2001 EP again to compare and that was WAY better.

Best Track: Beyond the Pale
Rating: 7/10