Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149562)

Celirra 08-23-2018 11:36 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
actually I think that game is why I'm paranoid about sunfan a lot of the time now that i remember
because if i pushed harder man and didn't just give up when people didnt see eye to eye

Celirra 08-23-2018 11:36 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

i wanna vote funny but her not being here doubles the z count

Tps222 08-23-2018 11:37 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
My internet is shoddy at my friend's house, I'm feeling more confident that there is a wolf between xiz and blind after the most recent back and forth

The only reasons im holding off on xiz is the fact that he didn't try to justify or explain his day 1 vote on DBP, in my mind a wolf would have tried to give a plausible explanation for it considering the card flip.

I'm not reassured that blind is clear just because people think this is normal behavior for him. Him and precarious have been going at it all game and I find precarious to lean much more town with his recent posts than blind has been. Blind banking off that cockiness meta is the right play if he's a wolf and a dumb play imo if he's not.

Posting from my phone so apologies if i fuck up that bbcode.

FreezinIce 08-23-2018 11:37 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4645374)
who has been doing this?
I don't think funny was that vocal about Xiz before she voted him, and I don't really think I was like... super vocal about why he should die either

It's that but it's more like he has nobody defending him.

Nobody has him as town except for me I think. Nobody is defending his play which I think has been trending up along with prec.

Funny voting him was the point of demarcation to me

Xiz 08-23-2018 11:37 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
if sunfan is a wolf its gg i dont think town can come back

im kinda ride or die with him at this point i have no choice

the sun fan 08-23-2018 11:37 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4645386)
sunfan, real talk like

how confident are you on blind being town

because i wont self pres if you think blind is town and you think he can win

well, considering prec wants to lynch him I don't really think that's ever a good idea

you should always self pres etc etc mechanically correct etc etc win condition blah blah blah

I just like...

you said blind wouldn't be playing a good game if he's a wolf and you're just strictly wrong about that imo

if he's a wolf this game I certainly missed him evolving to be this... reactive... when called out on shit... if he is a wolf he's like... leading the wolf team, which I've definitely, definitely never seen him do. Like, currently, if the final 3 is blind, fg and me, I think I just instantly vote for fg despite how good I feel about her just because I don't think I can handle blind being a wolf. (disclaimer I would actually read as much as I could and try and determine if I was wrong and all that)

The way he's called out people is pretty in line with his town play imo.

YoshL 08-23-2018 11:38 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Votes from post 1861 to post 2486
Night in 0:22:50

---
:00 good :01 bad

the sun fan 08-23-2018 11:38 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4645395)
Funny voting him was the point of demarcation to me

yeah, I can understand that

its not quite the same thing but I really hated that vote from her

inDheart 08-23-2018 11:39 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
i think i'm getting a not-in-a-wolfchat type read on fg

she'd have to know by now that prec case exists on her, but all she's come back to do is vote xiz

the other end is she's just been in the tank for 2 hours on how to respond but that doesn't seem like it

the sun fan 08-23-2018 11:40 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4645400)
i think i'm getting a not-in-a-wolfchat type read on fg

she'd have to know by now that prec case exists on her, but all she's come back to do is vote xiz

the other end is she's just been in the tank for 2 hours on how to respond but that doesn't seem like it

nah, I don't think that this read is really worth putting too much stock into

blindreper1179 08-23-2018 11:40 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4645386)
sunfan, real talk like

how confident are you on blind being town

because i wont self pres if you think blind is town and you think he can win

Dude, i got this. I play and push when it's needed. Pre pushing and looking like he's doing something isn't worth my time.

the sun fan 08-23-2018 11:41 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
honestly, and this might be a terrible, horrible read, but I like the way that blind claimed vt during the massclaim

he said something like "VT for the 198738th time" and that stuff just always feels more believable to me

Xiz 08-23-2018 11:41 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4645397)
well, considering prec wants to lynch him I don't really think that's ever a good idea

you should always self pres etc etc mechanically correct etc etc win condition blah blah blah

I just like...

you said blind wouldn't be playing a good game if he's a wolf and you're just strictly wrong about that imo

if he's a wolf this game I certainly missed him evolving to be this... reactive... when called out on shit... if he is a wolf he's like... leading the wolf team, which I've definitely, definitely never seen him do. Like, currently, if the final 3 is blind, fg and me, I think I just instantly vote for fg despite how good I feel about her just because I don't think I can handle blind being a wolf. (disclaimer I would actually read as much as I could and try and determine if I was wrong and all that)

The way he's called out people is pretty in line with his town play imo.

yeah but you know i don't always play mechanically hah

I don't know. Im indifferent about blind leading, but i mean the only explanation i have is day wolf chat? i don't know

inDheart 08-23-2018 11:42 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4645402)
nah, I don't think that this read is really worth putting too much stock into

yeah maybe i'm just trying too hard to rationalize the vote

the sun fan 08-23-2018 11:42 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
cel, just so we're clear, do you see why I said what I said to Xiz now?

it seems necessarily correct to me that one of us is very right and one of us is very wrong if we're both town (assuming we're not getting dunked by 2 fakeclaims)

blindreper1179 08-23-2018 11:42 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
xiz safety vote

Precarious 08-23-2018 11:43 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4645364)
K, an hour left till eod and no wagons.

Who ya got.

Blind is a wolf by case.
Funny is a wolf by association.

Freezin and Tps are town by mechanical probability.

That leaves one wolf in a pool of Sun, Cel, inD, and Xiz.

These are all people that, in another situation, I'd lean more toward town on, but one has to be a wolf, and each has an aspect that leaves me uncomfortable.

Sun Fan falls under the umbrella of association by association--when I was ISOing Funny, I noticed a fair amount of pro-Sun posts. Sun's also currently scum-leaning on me because he disagrees with my reads, which is a poor method of thinking. On the other hand, I had Sun near the top of my town pile most of the game, and his work on the mechanics of the massclaim was both solid and pro-town.

Cel is a hard player to evaluate, since their high post volume and varied style leads to a sort of peaks-and-valleys reading of their game for me. There have been a couple times where I weakened on Cel more than anyone else in this group, usually due to jokey stuff that felt off at the time. But they've been so active and willing to engage just about anything that it strikes me as a dangerous position for scum to take. Early on, people told me that a scum Cel had been a sort of fence-sitter in a previous game, and while Cel has by virtue of activity kind of been in a lot of different places, it's not something I would really call fence sitting.

In both Sun and Cel's cases, I'd really want to do a deeper dive, and there's nowhere near enough time to do so right now.

inD has probably been the least "offensive" player in the group--by which I mean they've done nothing that really stuck out to me as problematic. But that's concerning in and of itself--that sort of even-keel tone is something that a lot of wolves strive for. I felt most of us in the Fire Emblem game were sort of going for that. But again, there's nothing overt, and his response to my Blind post felt real--an independent, active engagement with its ideas.

Xiz has mindmelded with me a bit, and that scares me because I can't help but wonder if I'm being pocketed. A large part of my reading of Xiz has come down to my experience with him as wolves in the FE game, and he feels more invested and focused this time around. Admittedly, he was busy in that game some of the time, which may have contributed to a different approach, but even at the end he played his role by posting a furry porn copypasta. This Xiz feels different, but he'd also know that I think.

There's not a lot a separation in this group for me. At all. I'd probably go

Cel > Xiz > inD > Sun

out of the four right now, with Cel as the towniest, but that's a really weak order for me. Blind and Funny would be my top scum picks today by a considerable margin.

Xiz 08-23-2018 11:43 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4645403)
Dude, i got this. I play and push when it's needed. Pre pushing and looking like he's doing something isn't worth my time.

fuuuuuuuccckkkk

the sun fan 08-23-2018 11:43 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4645406)
yeah maybe i'm just trying too hard to rationalize the vote

which vote sorry

you mean you playing devil's advocate for funny?

inDheart 08-23-2018 11:44 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4645411)
which vote sorry

you mean you playing devil's advocate for funny?

ya her vote on xiz


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution