Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Which rhythm game do you play/prefer the most and why? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=154316)

salAndy 03-11-2023 02:09 PM

Which rhythm game do you play/prefer the most and why?

Personally, I prefer StepMania because of the themes

ositzxz369 03-11-2023 06:57 PM

Re: Which rhythm game do you play/prefer the most and why?

Personally, I prefer FFR because of their huge catalog of Venetian Snares files

Zyxel 03-11-2023 07:52 PM

FFR is what im most comfortable with. from a gameplay perspective, its easily my favorite ATM

Stepmania is nice, imo its more aesthetically pleasing (etterna specifically, + bonus points for SM cuz it has Ultralight theme based)

osu!mania doesn't have stepcoloring, traditional rates, has terrible skins and even worse files. the only good charts o!m has are ones ported from stepmania or ffr, OR from stepauthors who originally came from a different VSRG. Hold notes also feel incredibly clunky and awful. The scoring is also whack. [btw most of this is sarcasm if it wasn't already obvious, i in no way want this to be interpreted as me attack o!m players or charters, just some goofy banter. however the mechanical differences in o!m relative to other VSRGs feels really bad from a gameplay perspective]

My opinion doesn't hold any weight though considering im still (relatively) new and im a low level scrub. I do enjoy slandering o!m though hehe lol

jokes aside, i enjoy o!m ffr and SM respectively, and all of them have their individual strengths and weaknesses. but to re-emphasize what i said at the beginning of this reply-- FFR is currently my favorite. (shout out to the april fools engine btw so i get to play stepmania packs on there)

Lights 03-11-2023 08:43 PM

Etterna. Has more of the types of files I like to play and a scoring system i jive with a little better.

ToonE156 03-13-2023 08:24 AM

Etterna is deadass my 2nd/3rd favorite game of all time to that i guess

icontrolyourworld 03-16-2023 12:16 AM

my fav right now is osumania, i love the map pools in graveyard loved and ranked there's so many amazing maps and honestly it has the best mp experience i've had in any vsrg since stepmania back in like 2008-2011. mp has always been one of my favorite things about vsrg :)

Hakulyte 03-16-2023 02:17 AM

4 keys, I'd say etterna for training specific skillsets and FFR for testing training.
6 keys, I'd probably download back bandmaster if it's still alive.
7 keys was O2Jam when it came out. Now, It's more o!m after dropping graphics. That fixed LNs for me.

storn42 03-16-2023 03:26 AM

out of all 4k i generally find myself playing FFR the most. Even when i wanna play sm files (usually just playtesting) or something its usually AF engine lol.

Though out of all rhythm games WACCA was the goat (RIP). Such a simple concept but it was a blast to play and the charts can be so creative. It didn't deserve what happened to it.

These days though i'm just a chrono circle main because i like washing machines apparently. (spinning the wheel is fun though)

Adriano264 03-16-2023 09:38 AM

ffr because its my first vsrg

XelNya 03-16-2023 11:52 AM

Etterna or Muse Dash. Though I wish MD would let me remove the transitions in fever, it's makes everything harder to read which is just crappy artificial difficulty.

But the game is super fun.

IwasAsquidOnce 06-5-2024 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ositzxz369 (Post 4786426)
Personally, I prefer FFR because of their huge catalog of Venetian Snares files

o rly

Josemba 06-5-2024 09:02 PM

4k: FFR/Etterna
5k: O!m
6k: O!m/Etterna
7k: O!m/O2jam
7k+Scratch: LR2/O!m

I prefer O!m over all the vsrg (except 4k) because the way you can change keys, large amount of maps, converts, multiplayer, mods, private servers, skinning and rankings.
I'd like O!m had the leveling system ffr or Etterna have.

imo FFR is the most comfortable vsrg I've played, I'd love if velocity could add more keys in the future, imagine some Venetian Snares files made by ositzxz for 7 keys :o