Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Health and Fitness (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   2 week water fast (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=143659)

Ohaider 01-16-2016 05:37 PM

2 week water fast

Was thinking about trying a water fast just for a week or two for some of the health benefits and weight loss that I've read up on/watched videos on, and was wondering if anyone had any pointers and tips or testimonies

Basically just want to stick to water for the goal of 7 days and see how it goes, then coming off of those 7 days just move onto fruit/veggies/lean meats if I don't feel like i'm very capable of doing another 7

I know that it will most likely make me super drowsy and grumpy for a while but hopefully a lot of gross shit will be coming out of my body and i'll finish feeling better than I do now

Thiiinks

Reach 01-19-2016 06:11 AM

Re: 2 week water fast

I don't think there is any evidence to support fasts like this 'cleansing' the body. Nothing gross is going to come out of you that doesn't come out normally. You just won't have a colon full of shit because you haven't eaten anything.

With that said some people really like fasting. I don't see a problem with it as long as you stay well hydrated and trust your body (i.e. don't push it too far).

Wayward Vagabond 01-19-2016 06:37 AM

Why not just eat healthy and drink a shit ton of water?

rushyrulz 01-19-2016 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4396942)
Why not just eat healthy and drink a shit ton of water?

That's not a fad wtf

emulord 01-19-2016 12:14 PM

Ive only water fasted for 1 day at a time. I think you're overestimating what you can do safely. Even if you're overweight, you probably should eat something nutritious after ~4 days just to replace the things your body doesn't have stored. Ask a real nutrition expert

SCWolf 01-22-2016 11:42 PM

This seems unnecessary. WC hit the nail on the head.

If anything just eat one meal a day or something. You'll still lose weight doing that.

Whatever floats your boat though

25thhour 01-23-2016 02:45 AM

I only eat 1 meal per day, and drink about 4 litres of water. I've been doing this about 3-5 days per week for over a year. This has not helped me lose weight, if anything i've gained weight, I feel sluggish, and I am having trouble eating more meals throughout the day. I was forced to do this during university as I had no money to buy food.

Riotpolice 01-23-2016 06:04 AM

Good luck!

demonllama6124 01-23-2016 03:39 PM

With eating only 1 meal a day, you're starving your body of nutrients. Cut out the sodas, coffee, and other sugary drinks all together, so at least cut back to 1 or 2 a day. Snacking on things like roasted nuts, fruits, popcorn, or small veggie pieces instead of candies, chips, and other junk food will help.

Ohaider 01-24-2016 07:22 PM

after more studying it does look like 1-2 day fasting at a time is healthier than more extended periods, mostly just doing it for financial benefits and health benefits, heard it does well for skin. but holy shit is there a lot of false/baseless info out there overall

Quote:

Originally Posted by 25thhour (Post 4398842)
I only eat 1 meal per day, and drink about 4 litres of water. I've been doing this about 3-5 days per week for over a year. This has not helped me lose weight, if anything i've gained weight, I feel sluggish, and I am having trouble eating more meals throughout the day. I was forced to do this during university as I had no money to buy food.

i'm on a similar boat trying to make a quick buck

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 4396975)
That's not a fad wtf

the dude with multiple accs on runescape one maxed should probably stay away from the fitness forum kk

Frank Munoz 01-24-2016 07:39 PM

i feel ya on the finance thing.

ever since i started college about 5 years ago i haven't really eaten more than once a day.
unintentionally, i will fast nearly every other day.

if u lucky, your friends might not eat all their food they got from the taqueria across the street, and you can scavenge the bell peppers sometimes.

other than that, i say just do what you gotta do.
some sacrifices gotta be made ya know.
but dont go any longer than three days without food that's killer