Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Songs of the Week (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Official Tournament Round 3 Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=144738)

psychoangel691 07-8-2016 10:59 PM

Official Tournament Round 3 Files

D1
Dating Start!
Musician: Toby Radiation Fox
Length: 1:56
Step author: Silvuh

D2
Unpause the Heat
Musician: Aethernaut
Length: 1:53
Step author: ilikexd

D3
Funny Funky Freaky
Musician: mommy
Length: 1:53
Step author: bmah

D4
Zauberkugel
Musician: xi
Length: 2:18
Step author: gameboy42690

D5
Drunk Crunk Franken
Musician: t+pazolite
Length: 3:27
Step author: gameboy42690

D6
Kanon
Musician: tarolabo
Length: 2:21
Step author: ilikexd

D7
Stress Free Style
Musician: MOSAIC.WAV
Length: 3:21
Step author: SKG_Scintill

igotrhythm 07-8-2016 11:15 PM

Re: Official Tournament Round 3 Files

Wow, this JS is harder than I thought it would be. :)

iComfy 07-8-2016 11:15 PM

Wow D4 File was quite a challenge....

sickufully 07-8-2016 11:20 PM

Normally not a fan of 3mins+ files but Drunk Crunk is pretty damn fun, although that JS is slightly just out of my speed range.

edit - actually, if it weren't for that JS in the beginning, I don't think the rest of the file is that difficult. Maybe a 78-79?

edit 2 - that ending on the D7 file is just lulz

YoshL 07-8-2016 11:25 PM

Kanon is actually terrible

arcTangent 07-8-2016 11:26 PM

is it just me or is this round a lot more...jumpy than the previous two

guess its only natural that files get progressively harder but
man am i gonna have bruises after this

PhantomPuppy 07-8-2016 11:27 PM

loved the bursts, made the D6 file a lot of fun. :)

Charu 07-8-2016 11:35 PM

RenegadeLucien 07-8-2016 11:35 PM

I honestly had to make sure I had clicked on the right division's file. Funny Funny Freaky feels like an FMO.

feelingzwontfade 07-8-2016 11:36 PM

Oh wow, Zauberkugel is going to be the death of me lol. Definitely an upper 60 if not low 70. No SDG this time :(

Also, I found the D3 song just as difficult. Like, holy shit

inDheart 07-8-2016 11:38 PM

funny *funky freaky

.Gazelle. 07-8-2016 11:52 PM

that handjack at the end

remedy1502 07-8-2016 11:59 PM

I'm worse at d5 than d6
that's probably not normal

TheLegendofPie 07-9-2016 12:01 AM

Apparently the key to success on Unpause the Heat is to have mild hand cramps before you go into it.
I need an explanation for this.

MikeShinoda12345 07-9-2016 12:03 AM

Kanon is unnecessarily awkward and tbh not super fun, though probably a lot of effort was put in (color notes ._.)
Stress Free Style is lol
Edit: Okay I played Stress Free Style a little more and this is so so fun omg

YoshL 07-9-2016 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4451298)

Kanon is actually objectively terrible as a file

yes, we definitely want to play files where the file follows the hardest to hear sounds in the song, yeah that's so fun yes good yes good good yes

Charu 07-9-2016 12:06 AM

Kanon is a mess

#Wow #Whoa

Xiz 07-9-2016 12:06 AM

D3 file feels like my ex girlfriend.

I know how much it hurts me every-time, but I end up coming back for more thinking things will be better the next time.

remedy1502 07-9-2016 12:11 AM

you're all wrong Kanon is great

actually though I love it and think it's super fun and wish the whole thing was the hard part
I guess I'm pretty silly then

YoshL 07-9-2016 12:14 AM

more because the file is offsync as per usual for ilikexd files recently, as well as horridly layered. File did a great job following everything that was super hard to hear and time to

like, if the song fit the file, then yeah there's nothing wrong with patterning.

however, the song doesn't really lend to making a good file, since it's just some drum loops over and over again lol. song shouldn't have had a file for it at all imo

blanky! 07-9-2016 12:20 AM

No, Kanon is a good song and ilikexd made an OK file for it.
But the difficulty curve is nonexistent, the bursts are nothing we haven't seen before and the density isn't high enough nor long enough to disallow lots of AAA's in D6. Its like okay cool you did 12341243 for the 32nds like woooow someone's tryna be different

Charu 07-9-2016 12:27 AM

No, it's just terrible

OOPS!!!

PhantomPuppy 07-9-2016 12:27 AM

i have to agree with blanky, the file patterns are too predictable. still think it's a fun file, but i was able to tell exactly what i needed to do for AAA'ing the file off of one playthrough, which i feel is fine for a normal file, but not for an OT file.

Charu 07-9-2016 12:29 AM

It's pretty much "How fast can you burst, bitch fuck what?" with occasional jump trill/jack things.

Gundam-Dude 07-9-2016 12:41 AM

edit: realized I posted my score in the wrong thread oop

just be glad kanon isn't leonid's version of the song from FFRCP Spring 2012. he layered everything and it's pretty hard

bmah 07-9-2016 12:51 AM

I was about to say...leonid's Kanon makes the FFR version look like cake. I really enjoy leonid's version for scoring purposes...can't imagine AAAing it though.

lurker 07-9-2016 01:23 AM

kanon is without a doubt the worst file that has shown up in this tournament, way to show that you absolutely do not give a shit about half the song
my opinion is obviously colored by its absolutely baffling position as the second file that hasn't shown a significant leap in difficulty for d6 but i'm fairly confident i would've rejected it on sight

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4451332)
however, the song doesn't really lend to making a good file, since it's just some drum loops over and over again lol. song shouldn't have had a file for it at all imo

not that accurate imo, as stated before leonid's file is pretty decent and i think if the first half had some actual substance this would be at least okay (but i'd still lose my shit waiting for the ending because handjacks without chord cohesion ayy lmao)

YoshL 07-9-2016 01:34 AM

i'm not hating on the patterns, which is what everyone says is fine. I think the patterns are actually fine.

Deciding to layer the entire file based off of the softest occuring noise that's the hardest to pick out in the file is not fine.

I'd honestly take the densely layered kanon over this shit lol

also it's surprising because it usually takes /alot/ for me to actually get angry at a file lol

VisD 07-9-2016 01:58 AM

FFF is great stuff bmah (that jumptrill was quite...a lot though lol)

choof 07-9-2016 02:16 AM

ilikexd has this weird approach to making charts where he goes pure, unadulterated autism and makes it as accurate as possible without realizing that finesse/taste can, and should, be a part of the chart

choof 07-9-2016 02:16 AM

i mean, he has it down to a science, which is really cool and i wish i could do that to some extent but on the other hand with all that science there's no room for, well

~art~

bmah 07-9-2016 03:42 AM

my thoughts:

Dating Start!
- song: Nice upbeat song from Undertales. I don't care too much about the game, but I'll admit this is a cute song.
- chart: Pretty tricky for D1, but the file is well-stepped. Hope they fare well.

Unpause the Heat
- song: Another chiptune song. It sounds somewhat like something I would hear in a Kirby game (sans Mario jump/coin soundbytes).
- chart: Wow, this one is tricky even for me, and this is only D2! Tons of colored arrows going to frequent grace notes. I feel that several of the grace notes were not properly converted, so many of them feel like 16ths instead. That makes this file even more unpredictable.

Funny Funky Freaky
- song: Beach music, what else can I say. Get funny. Get funky. Get FREAKY.
- chart: I didn't expect this file to be for the D3's third round. D3 tourney players - please try your best!

Zauberkugel
- song: Upbeat jazz song with a beat, very typical of xi's other progressive jazz songs. Good stuff, but now I'm having a hard time distinguishing this from other xi songs.
- chart: Fun, fun file. Definitely has some tricky moments, such as the 12th jumpjacks with the left arrow in constant jacks, or the unexpected 16th down arrow jacks in one area. Good job, gameboy!

Drunk Crunk Franken
- song: It's still many months off till Halloween! Pretty energetic stuff, as if you ate too much candy.
- chart: This is fast stuff, but the 16th jumpstreams generally feel pretty smooth. The 16th trills in the first set of jumpstreams definitely require intense concentration. The broken jumpstreams in the second set is somewhat trickier, because two of the patterns require some fast one-handed trilling. Better strengthen your fingers. Also a really fun file.

κανων [yes this is how the song is actually spelled]
- song: Sounds like a pianist having a seizure playing random shit in unpredictable rhythms. Then comes the IDM/breakcore section with organs in the background. Just what. Tarolabo often makes strange music, but this one is kinda pretentious.
- chart: This chart is actually quite nice compared to leonid's SM file. Either way, the piano is so nuts that the end result will inevitably be a colorful mess. What bothers me is that some areas have so little layering, supposedly to bring out the main melody. So some parts of the file seem crazy while other parts were underwhelming. Overall inconsistent, weird, and idk.

Stress Free Style
- song: I didn't expect this sort of music for D7. It's like mosaic.wav trying to be SWING HOLIC. I welcome the change of genre though. D7 songs are often breakcore/IDM/mashcore stuff that bores me after a while.
- chart: AIDS. The swing rhythm is so fast that the jumps appear to be long continuous 12th jumpjacks without any sort of swinging differentiation. The right-hand trills are nuts, but still doable. The high BPM and super heavy layering definitely makes this a difficult file.

igotrhythm 07-9-2016 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4451373)
ilikexd has this weird approach to making charts where he goes pure, unadulterated autism and makes it as accurate as possible without realizing that finesse/taste can, and should, be a part of the chart

It's Glove syndrome all over again?

choof 07-9-2016 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by igotrhythm (Post 4451403)
It's Glove syndrome all over again?

except glove has loads of memorable charts and ilikexd does not

smartdude1212 07-9-2016 04:28 AM

Top-notch fucking file Scintill (as usual), sightread was dunked by right hand trills (AAA past 800?) so I mirrored it and now it's almost all easy cheetos.

Easiest D7 file so far personally (mostly because I got this score while not totally sober), but I'm all about the fucked patterns. 2g doesn't feel safe to me, but I hope everyone gets fisted by trills and that ending so I don't have to improve.

ItsOnlyDanO 07-9-2016 05:24 AM

this d6 file has the most bizarre layering
not really that steppable aside from the breakdown section in the second half

in contrast the d7 file is awesome

hi19hi19 07-9-2016 07:06 AM

I'm not sure I'm quite as mad as other people in this thread at Kanon but the difficulty curve definitely does feel a little off... a rare miss from Nathan on layering choice IMO
Honestly I wish the hard part was a little easier- no handjacks and the 32nds maybe as 24ths, then the file could be given to D4 or something and it would be a nice technical challenge in that difficulty range. It feels like the file as it is now is trying to be too many things at once.

The D5 file's trill jumpstream was difficult on FFR. [34]3[34] or [34]4[34] and other one-handed patterns like that are extremely hard without chord cohesion; good luck to D5. The last half of the file is also very easy in comparison. But despite this slightly lopsided difficulty curve and the one-handed patterns I mentioned, I still really like the file.
Honestly gameboy has a way of making clean, unpretentious, and very fun files.

SKG_Scintill 07-9-2016 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 4451401)
Stress Free Style
- song: I didn't expect this sort of music for D7. It's like mosaic.wav trying to be SWING HOLIC. I welcome the change of genre though. D7 songs are often breakcore/IDM/mashcore stuff that bores me after a while.

Thanks for noticing! The un-d7-esque genre was the main reason why I stepped it.
Quote:

- chart: AIDS. The swing rhythm is so fast that the jumps appear to be long continuous 12th jumpjacks without any sort of swinging differentiation. The right-hand trills are nuts, but still doable. The high BPM and super heavy layering definitely makes this a difficult file.

Did bmah of all people just call my file aids?
Get bmah'd bmah

hi19hi19 07-9-2016 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill (Post 4451420)
Did bmah of all people just call my file aids?
Get bmah'd bmah

He said similar of Divinity Garden
It was an honor to have my file be compared to Flesvelka by the lord of rage transitions himself <3

hi19hi19 07-9-2016 07:21 AM

Stress Free Style is a great file. I'm loving the right hand bias and the ending and drum solo are nice climaxes without feeling stupid.
There might be some little transition thing somewhere that is bothersome when trying to AAA but for an overall casual playthrough I enjoyed greatly it the whole way.

The framefixing really bothers me though. Something about being able to hit the jump chains as straight 8ths with no swing and get away with it just feels wrong.
I mean you'd think out of anyone I would be used to the limitations of FFR by now but it still rubs me the wrong way :/

EDIT- Oh man Zauberkugel is amazing.
Such a perfect tournament file: a little of everything, a great difficulty structure, just the right length, some fun surprises (I was not ready for those down jacks the first time lol) and a wonderful song.
There's so many places in a song like this where the steps could easily go overboard but everything in this file feels so appropriate.
This is the kind of file I would save for a finals, it just feels like such a complete test of all the skills that would make someone good at this game and really gives me that intense focused feeling for me as I play it.

Also I'm going to quote myself:
Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 4451418)
Honestly gameboy has a way of making clean, unpretentious, and very fun files.

A million times this. Really one of the most fun files I've played in a while.

EDIT- Funny Funky Freaky was quite fun too.
Some difficult minijack transitions but this filewas a great example of good framefixing making them feel totally appropriate even with frame timing.
The solo was definitely the highlight, super fun stuff in there.
The transition right before the ending was quite hard for me, but I think that's my personal inability to hit [24][134] transitions more than it being objectively bad.
Nothing for me to complain about, solid file and sure to challenge D3

TC_Halogen 07-9-2016 07:46 AM

I can definitely agree with not being the most fond of the way the frame-fixes came out. I think the jump jacks should have been all fixed to 2-framers and not 3-framers (isn't it a bit closer to that too?).

No fault to Dossar here, he did what frame-fixes are intended to do - to clean up frames in a way that improves playability while improving overall chart accuracy with framers. This file is just hyper-optimized, in my opinion.

hi19hi19 07-9-2016 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 4451424)
I can definitely agree with not being the most fond of the way the frame-fixes came out. I think the jump jacks should have been all fixed to 2-framers and not 3-framers (isn't it a bit closer to that too?).

No fault to Dossar here, he did what frame-fixes are intended to do - to clean up frames in a way that improves playability while improving overall chart accuracy with framers. This file is just hyper-optimized, in my opinion.

The song is 264 BPM, meaning the 12th jump transitions are 198 BPM 16ths.

Being frame fixed to 3-framers makes them play like 150 BPM 16ths, which is 48 BPM off what they "should" be
Being frame fixed to 2-framers makes them play like 225 BPM 16ths, which is 27 BPM off what they "should" be
Honestly I wonder if this is one of those files where leaving it like 36% 3-framers and 64% 2-framers wouldn't be too terrible?
Maybe not... difficult call. I'd have to play the three versions side by side to tell.

TC_Halogen 07-9-2016 08:03 AM

Yeah, definitely tough. I'd basically want it so that the swing gallops (x-xx-xx-xx-xx) were 2-frames apart to add more emphasis to the swing, and then treat more complicated patterns on a case-by-case scenario (like the earlier polyrhythms).

inDheart 07-9-2016 10:37 AM

jeez D3 file thanks obmah

(jk it's fun i like, i wanna score well)

AutotelicBrown 07-9-2016 11:07 AM

Funny Funky Freaky and Zauberkugel are A++, great job bmah and gameboy.

For κανων I don't have any issues with the layering - it'd be pretty boring if the generic breakcore was followed in the first half instead of the softer sounds - but I agree with cornman that the difficulty curve is off and this would be a great easier file if the hard part was toned down.

Drunk Crunk Franken seems brutal for D5. The steps are nice but it has the same problem of You’re gonna love my nuts where the second half is pretty underwhelming difficulty wise.

Stress Free Style is a cool song. The layering and patterns are good but I feel the frame-based conversion hurts it a lot.

Dating Start! and Unpause the Heat are both cute well-stepped files.

leonid 07-10-2016 01:54 AM

Someone stepped kanon for FFR? I didn't submit my chart because it heavily relied on holds and mines and I couldn't figure out a good way to make it not dull without

Here's the chart for comparison (left one is the main chart)

MikeShinoda12345 07-10-2016 02:19 AM

Woahhhhh okay I'm not so hot about Kanon or whatever the d5 song was but Zauberkugel is both EXTREMELY fun and really surprisingly hard
Zauberkugel and SFS are both some of my favorite files ever tbh

edit: also, can d4'ers really hit Zauberkugel's down jack? Am I just bad at jacking? Cause o_o

ItsOnlyDanO 07-10-2016 05:52 AM

the jack is at ~154bpm so make of that what you will

certainly caught me off guard when i first saw it

XelNya 07-10-2016 06:10 AM

Quote:

Dating Start!
- song: Nice upbeat song from Undertales. I don't care too much about the game, but I'll admit this is a cute song.
- chart: Pretty tricky for D1, but the file is well-stepped. Hope they fare well.

I can agree with this objectively

But subjectively

yeah cool song's cute catchy, I fuckin' love the Undertale OST, but geez, why did silvuh leave the repeat, it drags super hard in a file I find boring and uneventful as it is x.x'

But I wanna chalk that up to song choice and not anything silvuh did "wrong"

Also think the 192nds should have been jumps or maybe even hands and not colored because while yeah it's cool, it's kinda lack luster in usage there imho

PS: I better not get banned for this post. (Yes this needs to be said.)

TC_Halogen 07-10-2016 07:57 AM

jeez, don't be that fragile lol

you're very clearly showing an opinion, you're not being rude in the slightest. :p

SKG_Scintill 07-10-2016 08:23 AM

don't be fragile? wow AJ
wow

XelNya 07-10-2016 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 4451902)
jeez, don't be that fragile lol

you're very clearly showing an opinion, you're not being rude in the slightest. :p

There is a very good reason that's there. ^_^

That said I do know he also charted Heartache and I'm super curious how it came out in comparison to mine I'd finished before knowing he had, and I think you guys had it slated for use in the official

I could be wrong on that tho

ZanmatoFusion 07-10-2016 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeShinoda12345 (Post 4451326)
Kanon is unnecessarily awkward and tbh not super fun, though probably a lot of effort was put in (color notes ._.)
Stress Free Style is lol
Edit: Okay I played Stress Free Style a little more and this is so so fun omg

I 100% completely agree. In regards to the unnecessary awkwardness of the file. I have been playing this file non stop all night, and while I am very much irritated at the chat, I am more irritated at myself. However, I couldn't help but play the file in my head and via the in-game bot to see that as of late, it seems step artists, when stepping a higher difficulty file, just step them in regards to being "ridiculous." I.E. - Being a dick step artist.... /plainlyput.

I'm sorry but the song itself is mere garbage. It has a very nice tone to it from the beginning but then moves on to just be noise. For once I'd like to play a file that is musically easy on the ears and not the hands so to speak.

Whilst this is my pure 100% opinion to which I am entitled to, I know it takes a lot to create a file of this caliber (sp?). I just feel it was not necessary to; A- Make it this awkward, or B- use it as a file for a tournament. /opinion.

j-rodd123 07-10-2016 07:51 PM

guys dont say a chart is bad, walrusizer is just gonna come and call you bad for your opinion

ZanmatoFusion 07-10-2016 07:55 PM

We are entitled to an opinion. I haven't spoken out about "bad" files the entire duration of this tournament. However, this one I had to.

j-rodd123 07-10-2016 07:56 PM

i know i was just making a joke cuz i called the chart from last round d5 bad and some random user walrusizer apparently thinks if you call a chart bad it means you are bad at the chart yourself

DarkZtar 07-10-2016 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZanmatoFusion (Post 4452051)
it seems step artists, when stepping a higher difficulty file, just step them in regards to being "ridiculous." I.E. - Being a dick step artist.... /plainlyput.

1. There are plenty of songs that can organically produce charts of 80+ difficulty. I personally don't see many charts <90 that feel unreasonably catered to being more difficult than the song warrants. It's already been mentioned that Kanon's difficulty was likely on the lower end of the spectrum that the song warrants.

2. Even then considering the conservative layering (for the most part), the burst patterns are very friendly. Like trust me as someone who likes putting in annoying patterns to fuck with people, Kanon's patterning is friendly as hell.

If anything Nathan was too nice when making the chart :v)

blanky! 07-10-2016 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkZtar (Post 4452071)

when in doubt pussy out

Walrusizer 07-10-2016 08:22 PM

you are bad for your opinion

ZanmatoFusion 07-10-2016 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkZtar (Post 4452071)
1. There are plenty of songs that can organically produce charts of 80+ difficulty. I personally don't see many charts <90 that feel unreasonably catered to being more difficult than the song warrants. It's already been mentioned that Kanon's difficulty was likely on the lower end of the spectrum that the song warrants.

2. Even then considering the conservative layering (for the most part), the burst patterns are very friendly. Like trust me as someone who likes putting in annoying patterns to fuck with people, Kanon's patterning is friendly as hell.

Red -> You have played 99% of the songs in-game as we speak. Are you really telling me there are charts sub 90 that are NOT stepped harder than they should be? Over 1800 songs in game, and everyone of them was stepped as they "should" be? Or that they were stepped to not be "intentionally" "dick-ish?"

Green -> I don't personally care if the chart was stepped easier or harder than what the song sounds like. What I personally am "opinionated" about is the fact that there are awkward patterns that really distract away from the sound of the song itself. For instance; the patterns at combo 649 (Triple Jacks) is extremely awkward on the 2nd triple jack. (When the song is not on mirror) When it is on mirror, the 1st one seems a bit awkward as well. Another section would be the little mini "burst" (if you will) in the middle of the trill towards the end of the song. We saw the same transition ridiculousness in the R1 D6 file. Some of the patterns, while stepped and judged and accepted, whether they are "correct" (what is correct?) or not is irrelevant. It still tends to amp up the difficulty slightly due to the awkwardness of a file, thus making it seem like it is intentional.

Blue -> The burst patterns are most certainly not friendly. I was/am a burst oriented player. I've favored songs like 44 Edit, All of the Birds Midair (etc.) files, Obscene Amount of Steam, Passage D, No Purpose Flour, and the list goes on. A lot of those files have extremely awkward hand positioning for bursts. Yet are easily done. Does not make them easy nor does it make them hard. They are AWKWARD.

Regardless, I feel the file isn't up to "snuff." ilikexd has stepped some incredible charts. He is one of the best Step Artists as of late in my honest opinion only have what (1?) file rejected, that's it? He has a ton of files I thoroughly enjoy. This one, however, I am not a fan of. That is my opinion.

SKG_Scintill 07-10-2016 09:08 PM

Game Genie

TC_Halogen 07-10-2016 09:16 PM

goddamn, Stress Free Style fuckin' blows.

By that I mean the file is fun as fuck and I'm balls at it. Sick stuff, Scintill. :D

KrazyKitsune 07-10-2016 09:19 PM

Stress Free Style is fuckin boss

that ending though holy shit

DarkZtar 07-10-2016 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZanmatoFusion (Post 4452106)
Red -> You have played 99% of the songs in-game as we speak. Are you really telling me there are charts sub 90 that are NOT stepped harder than they should be? Over 1800 songs in game, and everyone of them was stepped as they "should" be? Or that they were stepped to not be "intentionally" "dick-ish?"

I said I don't see many. That =/= I don't see any charts sub 90 that aren't catered to being harder than they should be. There's gonna be outliers in terms of "warranted difficulty" no matter where you look, but they are few in number. (warranted difficulty is subjective anyway so no point about really arguing about that, my opinion on warranted difficulty is a spectrum that changes for every song, and that spectrum can be quite large)

Rest of your post is related to opinion and I'm not attacking your opinion, I'm merely saying I think your premise that stepartists make files to screw people over is unfounded and likely based on personal frustration with one file.

TC_Halogen 07-10-2016 09:23 PM

leonid: send your Kanon please, the chart's so punishing in the best of ways <3

would totally do some absurd requirement to unlock that shit :D

ZanmatoFusion 07-10-2016 09:23 PM

I do have frustration with the file, yes. However, aside from that there is legitimate reasoning behind why I feel that file was stepped that way. I get over the frustration and move on. As I will with this file. I still feel that this chart was stepped intentionally imho to be awkward. It's just not something you'd find from ilikexd.

MikeShinoda12345 07-10-2016 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 4452120)
leonid: send your Kanon please, the chart's so punishing in the best of ways <3

would totally do some absurd requirement to unlock that shit :D

Req: re-AAA Kanon
rip

hi19hi19 07-10-2016 09:51 PM

lmao people complaining about Kanon bursts when DIVINITY GARDEN WAS LITERALLY LAST WEEK

c'mon do people forget what awkward patterns really look like that quickly?

M0nkeyz 07-10-2016 10:01 PM

Doesn't the D7 file seem like it should be a lvl 70 file, I mean on first glance it just looks a bit like a dump file, with all the jacks and anchors lol.

Walrusizer 07-10-2016 10:08 PM

yeah its a dump because it has jacks and because its a dump it should be a 70

qqwref 07-10-2016 11:51 PM

I also felt like it was way way overstepped. The jump/hand swing stuff could have easily been single/jump swing, and a lot of the fast bursts weren't really necessary. I get that it was made hard on purpose, and I'm sure it's really fun if you can handle the speed (I can't), but it's definitely a dump more than an accurate representation of the music.

TC_Halogen 07-11-2016 07:49 AM

Considering the brass instruments are always playing very loudly and in multiple layers (usually at least two to three notes at the same time), the swing parts are fairly charted and can easily be argued to not be a dump at all.

It's a rough fucking file, haha. I'm actually slightly uneasy at the moment with where I stand at the dashboard (this is an interesting experience being that I'm feeling this at round 3...).

VisD 07-11-2016 10:55 AM

every file is shit

EtienneSM 07-11-2016 11:37 AM

Feels like the difficulty in the D7 files haven't changed much at all. Hoping to see a bit more drastic of a difficulty curve later on in the tournament to make up for it.

Scintill's file was dope btw.

Rapta 07-11-2016 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EtienneSM (Post 4452416)
Feels like the difficulty in the D7 files haven't changed much at all..

Agreed

yo man im awesome 07-11-2016 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EtienneSM (Post 4452416)
Feels like the difficulty in the D7 files haven't changed much at all. Hoping to see a bit more drastic of a difficulty curve later on in the tournament to make up for it.

Scintill's file was dope btw.

must be lonely at the top :^)

Nah the first 2 rounds were similar but this is a clear jump.

yo man im awesome 07-11-2016 02:14 PM

Also are we going to have to wait until the end of the tourney to get difficulty ratings??? This doesn't seem like something that would be unreasonable to get on time/in the near future.

TC_Halogen 07-11-2016 02:19 PM

We were going to put ratings at the end of each round, but it's being opted out of due to another reason (unrelated to the tournament).

One Winged Angel 07-11-2016 02:23 PM

divinity garden is staying as 0 I think it'll fit in just fine with that subset

yo man im awesome 07-11-2016 02:39 PM

Are we not allowed to know the reason? Is it a personal issue where you (or whoever) could just give the task to someone else who can do it?

I just don't like seeing all these zero's pile up