Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Complaints about the Official Tournament, Round 5. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=79966)

Mr.Nothing 10-12-2007 04:11 PM

Complaints about the Official Tournament, Round 5.

I was placed in the intermediate catergory, where in round 5 we had to play Fahrenheit. I AAA'd it, along with many others, and was told to play {Rose} as a tie breaker. I played it a few times, got a score I was satisfied with, and took a screenshot. I went to post it yesterday, and the forum was locked and the round was over, one day early.

This is the screenshot

I believe I deserve to be moved on to round 6, as I got this score days ago, but had problems getting on the computer by yesterday.

I also posted a comment on -Sprite's wall complaining about this yesterday afternoon, and I did not get a reply.

Fantasticone 10-12-2007 04:13 PM

Re: Complaints about the Official Tournament, Round 5.

Sorry but FFR holds no responsibility for bad internet connections.

DarkManticoreX2 10-12-2007 04:15 PM

Then you should have posted the score when you got it.

It is noone's fault but yours that you didn't post your screenshot the second that you got it. The round ended tuesday at midnight, and tiebreak round ended wendsday at midnight. It's your fault for not keeping track of when the rounds end.

also, Sprite- is away till sunday. Which means you didn't read the notice at the top of the thread stating that the round was ending tuesday.

This
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprite
***ATTENTION***
I will not be here next Thursday. Therefore, I will have to make this round end on Tuesday , October 9th at 11:59PM EST.

Mr.Nothing 10-12-2007 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasticone (Post 1829352)
Sorry but FFR holds no responsibility for bad internet connections.

It wasn't bad internet connection, I live between parents.

Mr.Nothing 10-12-2007 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 (Post 1829353)
Then you should have posted the score when you got it.

It is noone's fault but yours that you didn't post your screenshot the second that you got it. The round ended tuesday at midnight, and tiebreak round ended wendsday at midnight. It's your fault for not keeping track of when the rounds end.

I was in a rush out of the house.
I barely had time to save the screenshot to my clipboard before I was out of the house.

lxDestinyxl 10-12-2007 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Nothing (Post 1829355)
It wasn't bad internet connection, I live between parents.

Then it's not us you should complain to...

Round 6 already started, and the numbers already have been organised.
You did good in {Rose}, but there should be no more complaints now.

Damn, wish I had the power to Lock.

Mr.Nothing 10-12-2007 04:29 PM

Can't an Admin read this, rather than dick-ish "pros"?

spinal_compression 10-12-2007 04:30 PM

You're in intermediate and your {Rose} score is better than mine while I was placed in advanced.

That's not fair.

lxDestinyxl 10-12-2007 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Nothing (Post 1829381)
Can't an Admin read this, rather than dick-ish "pros"?

They'd say or do (or both) what I, and the others have stated, if not they think we have stated everything enough.

Ps: Thanks for the compliment.

Mr.Nothing 10-12-2007 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lxDestinyxl (Post 1829388)
They'd say or do (or both) what I, and the others have stated, if not they think we have stated everything enough.

Ps: Thanks for the compliment.

The quotations constitute sarcasm, ass.

And I would like to hear an Admin's POV,
considering the rounds were stated to last 7 DAYS no matter what, in round one, no where did it say there were extenuating circumstances.

lxDestinyxl 10-12-2007 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Nothing (Post 1829393)
The quotations constitute sarcasm, ass.

And I would like to hear an Admin's POV,
considering the rounds were stated to last 7 DAYS no matter what, in round one, no where did it say there were extenuating circumstances.

I am well-aware of that sarcasm.
No need to stick up abuses at me. Also, they have the right to change that. If they change it, you need to manage your time to be able to hand in your SS in time. So your saying, they should kick one guy out of Intermediate, in replace for "you"?

And your wasting your time right now. Don't think I'm wasting mine cause I have plenty. Come back in a day or two, check if any admins have posted. Possibly it would be locked.
Oh well.

And buddy, stop the whining...

Mr.Nothing 10-12-2007 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lxDestinyxl (Post 1829463)
I am well-aware of that sarcasm.
No need to stick up abuses at me. Also, they have the right to change that. If they change it, you need to manage your time to be able to hand in your SS in time. So your saying, they should kick one guy out of Intermediate, in replace for "you"?

And your wasting your time right now. Don't think I'm wasting mine cause I have plenty. Come back in a day or two, check if any admins have posted. Possibly it would be locked.
Oh well.

And buddy, stop the whining...

I see no whining here, but if you think that you can go ahead and do that.
But in the real world, rules are rules.
And I had my score before the round ended.

Tasselfoot 10-12-2007 05:12 PM

Sprite runs the tournament. He's allowed to do what he wants with it. He specifically stated that this round would end at a specific time that did not concur with previous rounds. You did not submit your score within the timeframe of the round.

End of story. Sorry.