Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   do you ever just play rhythm games in public (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=153497)

FFP_D0pey 08-13-2021 02:07 PM

do you ever just play rhythm games in public

so like i was in my last period for highschool today and i like sit in the corner away from everyone cause im weird. i finished my work early and started playing ffr. i was trying to get an fc on some 85 guru but i forgot the name. i had my headphones in so i couldn't hear anything but the bell to dismiss us from school. I was half way through still on sdg pace when i missed cause im bad. and i took off my headphones and like 7 people were behind me watching. and they were like "whoa dude how are you doing that" and "he's probably spamming" so i explained how boos work and then they asked me to teach them. this is like the highlight of my school year so far. even though its been 1 week.

so has this ever happened to you?

tl;dr - i played rhythm game at school and made people go wow :0

radioamor 08-13-2021 02:26 PM

Re: do you ever just play rhythm games in public

WirryWoo 08-13-2021 02:39 PM

I played the first three rounds of this OT in an Internet cafe full of Asians playing League of Legends lmfao. I had to because I didn't have my keyboard with me when I was visiting family for a month.

3lijah 08-13-2021 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WirryWoo (Post 4769890)
I played the first three rounds of this OT in an Internet cafe full of Asians playing League of Legends lmfao. I had to because I didn't have my keyboard with me when I was visiting family for a month.

Was it Seoul PC lol

PhantomPuppy 08-13-2021 03:13 PM

i played a majority of the 10th OT during class at high school lol. it was my senior year so the teachers didn't really give a shit

_DJ Vinyl_ 08-13-2021 08:14 PM

I did DDR at Lazer Island one time, I was bad. Too bad Lazer Island closed down :(

mi40 08-13-2021 10:31 PM

i prefer gaming at home where i have immediate access to additional refills of whatever drink or snack i am having

ToonE156 08-13-2021 11:45 PM

Something like this has actually happened to me before! When I was in 6th grade, there was this Scratch remake of osumania that I used to play when I was bored during class. There where multiple occasions where someone would watch me play and be amazed, it even got to the point where a kid I knew jokingly called me a hacker when I was walking out of the library

Fast forward to the middle of the year, one of my friend's friends gave my friend a password to our schools content filter, I used that to play Taiko web, I got some other kid I knew into Taiko through it.

During computer class, I would play this Scratch remake of DDR MAX 2 alongside osumania when I had downtime (which was 90% of the time), I had a ton of people watch me from time to time and I forced my friends in that class to play Max 300 on Basic

Fast forward to now, I'm developing my OWN rhythm game in Scratch, I'm a Etterna and FFR 4 Digit, I can pass 17s in DDR, and I still have never gotten a girlfriend yet

Funnygurl555 08-14-2021 12:25 AM

yeah i did that a lot back in hs. good times. i graduated from hs over 7 years ago damn

i wish i could play now :(

Aquellex 08-14-2021 12:42 AM

all the fingering and virgin jokes

FlynnMac 08-14-2021 12:46 AM

what is a rhythm game

Rapta 08-14-2021 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquellex (Post 4769904)

YES

Eryyy 08-14-2021 12:58 AM

I've played in a net cafe a few times and got various reactions (some guy trying to be subtle about recording me, annoying kids coming up to me, some workers trying to figure out if that was my keyboard or theirs that I was beating) before that place shut down and became a chill board game/community place which I need to visit.

I used to play in school when I was stupid and didn't consider the concept of other people and would play in the library and got TONS of comments and ended up on the school SoundCloud rapper's SnapChat story which was lol

CammyGoesRawr 08-14-2021 01:00 AM

school laptops in 9th grade

also, arcades exist

-paexaea- 08-14-2021 01:37 AM

man i remember playing stepmania in high school

good times

ToonE156 08-14-2021 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CammyGoesRawr (Post 4769909)
school laptops in 9th grade

also, arcades exist

Despite how I got into rhythm games by playing them on my school iPad, I've only played a rhythm game in an arcade like twice before

ToonE156 08-14-2021 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquellex (Post 4769904)

Should i be glad that no ones ever told me those jokes IRL

Funnygurl555 08-14-2021 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eryyy (Post 4769908)
school SoundCloud rapper

lmao

ayy good for u tho

ositzxz369 08-14-2021 02:51 AM

does Public Indecency count as a rhythm game?

barfood 08-14-2021 12:07 PM

Not only did I play files in public, I was even stepping charts in the library. Idgaf! :D