Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Which roll direction is easier? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=153420)

Matthia 07-8-2021 03:50 PM

Which roll direction is easier?

For any people who don't know what that means, a roll in FFR looks like this

Which way do you find it easier to hit this pattern? (assuming no jumptrilling allowed, aka no hitting it like [12][34][12][34])

Left to right rolls, or right to left? (The one pictured above are left to right rolls.)

This type of poll might have already been done at least once in the past maybe, but I wanted to see how the results would turn out at this current time

M0nkeyz 07-8-2021 03:53 PM

Re: Which roll direction is easier?

For me it's right to left, I'm right-handed.

Matthia 07-8-2021 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M0nkeyz (Post 4763667)

That is very interesting, because I'm also right handed, but left to right rolls feel way easier for me for some reason

Zlyice 07-8-2021 03:57 PM

I am left handed and am much better at right to left rolls.

badman7772 07-8-2021 03:58 PM

left to right on my end. i'm right-handed

M0nkeyz 07-8-2021 04:01 PM

I also think wrist down/wrist up plays a factor and how close the keys are, where the keyboard is positioned relative to your body etc etc.

FlynnMac 07-8-2021 04:12 PM

They feel the same to me because there's always one hand in a roll that feels off in accordance to the direction I'm going.

tosh 07-8-2021 04:21 PM

Right handed. Left to right is easier for me.
When doing right to left I have issues going from 2 to 1 (whereas I don't have the same issue in the opposite situation of going from 3 to 4).

Hakulyte 07-8-2021 04:22 PM

Right handed. Left to right.

If you force me to roll right to left, I eventually have trouble to know when to press [2] at the right moment.

Please, Don't Give Up (feat. Ryan Torres) mirrored would be extremely difficult to even get 25 goods on here while on non-mirror I have 1-0-0-1.

If you analyzed my replays in depth, you would probably find a high % of mistakes all happening on that very pattern ([2][1]) regardless of if it's on a roll or a [23][14][23][14][23] jumptrill.

I have an old screenshot of one of the things that happens when I roll: (Mario Mix For Piano middle section) (yes, that's my AAA run)

Lights 07-8-2021 04:54 PM

i always used to go left to right easier, but at this point its pretty much even. im right handed.

(even, which is to say i'm pretty inconsistent at both)

WirryWoo 07-8-2021 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M0nkeyz (Post 4763667)

I'm exactly this too. I find it easier to lead the rolls with my right hand and let my left hand follow the rhythmic pace created by my right dominant hand.

MKIIPro 07-8-2021 06:05 PM

4-1 (right to left) is where I am most comfortable

I'm strangely weak in my left hand, so 1-4 isn't very feasable unless they're fast enough to hit as (12)-3-4.

Blackskull305 07-8-2021 06:17 PM

In the heat of a juicy roll, they both feel the same to me. However, I find it easier to transition into a left-to-right roll as opposed to a right-to-left roll.

flashflash account 07-8-2021 06:47 PM

pinky to pointer

bmah 07-8-2021 07:13 PM

In terms of speed, I feel I can do rolls more easily from right to left, so that's what I chose. However, I feel I have more rhythmic stability with a left to right roll, whereas I could lose that control from the opposite direction more easily.

T-Force 07-8-2021 08:27 PM

Right-handed.
I feel left-to-right is easier, but sometimes I can't hit them, and can hit right-to-left no problem. Sometimes the speed of the roll also changes how I feel about it.

Fireo 07-8-2021 08:33 PM

Right to left. I'm left handed

Toxicity783 07-8-2021 08:50 PM

First lefty of the thread here, ascending quads (or "left to right rolls", as yall apparently call them) feel more natural to me.

aperson 07-9-2021 01:41 AM

R-to-L is easier if I'm doing jt roll walls, but I can deal with L-to-R rolls better if they just occur once or twice in a stream.

JustinEve 07-9-2021 02:31 AM

LTR is easier if I don't JT. However, I do find RTL easier if JT is allowed.