Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG 194 - Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151853)

Bolth mannn 05-2-2020 08:20 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

I don’t think we should be looking at statistical probabilities as a method to solve the setup, cause realistically both of those setups are possible

Bolth mannn 05-2-2020 08:21 PM

Depending on whatever the soft is, I’m gonna choose to believe both MML and dbp or I’m gonna probably vote dbp

ShadoWolfe 05-2-2020 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4729091)
I don’t think we should be looking at statistical probabilities as a method to solve the setup, cause realistically both of those setups are possible

Sure, but when someone says the difference is marginal and "effectively the same", then that has to be corrected if the one possibility is 27 times more likely than the other.. right?

leetic 05-2-2020 08:21 PM

It wouldn't have really been that big a risk for DBP to claim. DBP was near insta twice and the thread climate was very much against him. I've seen scum make last ditch claims like that all the time, even though they usually aren't successful.

DaBackpack 05-2-2020 08:24 PM

I knew this was gonna be too obtuse but it was too fun to stick in there, and plus it's a soft that nobody else can use to PR hunt me (or so I thought) and only would make sense unless I explained what's so special about SNNs

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4726128)
what's up gamers

who's ready to get spiked?

[img]https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Deboleena_Roy4/publication/333854733/figure/fig1/AS:771197960732674@1560879330562/The-dynamics-of-a-spiking-neural-network-SNN-A-A-two-layer-feed-forward-SNN-at-any.png[/twg]

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4726129)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4726130)
that's right fellas. Spiking Neural Network has entered the chat.

Real talk though. What neural coding we dropping at boys?

when any neuron in the network fires, it inhibits the activation of any "nearby" neurons. this is commonly believed to be an energy-efficiency measure in the human brain so that it doesn't need 100 neurons to fire when 1 neuron has the same information. the metaphor here is that when I "activate" I "block" another neuron from firing. it's something that nobody else would ever get on their own, but was also something that was DISTINCTLY roleblocker and not angel, cop, etc. (except I guess for mason, which Xiz misinterpreted it as)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4726214)
it's on page 2 of my spiking character sheet

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4726234)
spiking

following is a literal soft, replying to a question about town roleblockers

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4727701)
there are town roleblockers in this setup

one of the reasons I blew up against Xiz was that he was PR hunting me and Duskfall. Xiz brought up the spiking neural networks thing as why he thought I was a mason so I made it a point to dismiss it entirely for self-protection. After Xiz says that he read my opening posts as softs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4727717)
the spiking NN thing was just because I had just delivered a work talk about spiking NNs and I was gonna do some stupid meme entrance to this game

there is no semantic significance to those posts

when FFA fakeclaiming cop, I got excited made some references to him getting spiked if he didn't rescind his claim

before he hardclaimed, I left these references to see if he would back off of me without me needing to out myself:

(b-buddy being deliberate)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4728256)

These pages are the mechanisms by which the blocker neuron stifles the activity of other neurons in the network.

Five hours later I came back and just full-claimed because FFA was totally willing to throw the game for his own ego and stubbornness

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4728484)
Alright well I was gonna try to do this without claiming but fuck you guys for putting me at L-1 AGAIN

I'm hard claiming roleblocker. Night 1 I sheathed, last night I roleblocked FFA. He is 100% full of shit, please lynch this asshole

that's how I created a context for softing roleblocker that should have been 100% safe against PR hunting

Bolth mannn 05-2-2020 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4729094)
Sure, but when someone says the difference is marginal and "effectively the same", then that has to be corrected if the one possibility is 27 times more likely than the other.. right?

Yea I suppose, I mean math isn’t really my thing either, but I wouldn’t decide a vote based on something being more mathematically likely in any case, unless it was like obscenely ridiculous odds

Hakulyte 05-2-2020 08:27 PM

Looks like we're approaching the leap of faith lottery game where DBP/MML were both town and all the outsiders have the entire wolf team.

Hakulyte 05-2-2020 08:28 PM

Bolth hard claim please.

DaBackpack 05-2-2020 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4729094)

No because you're not considering the actual statistical distribution of setups in the entire game. What's the standard deviation? It might be the case that TTTT is the "mean" set of T rolls, but even though the literal probability of TT is off by 25x, that 25x difference doesn't mean anything until you do a more comprehensive analysis and contextualize it against the other T-rolls. For example, TT is more likely than TTTTTTT and TTTTTT. So yeah, TTTT is more likely than TT but not in a meaningful way-- it's still like the 3rd-4th most likely outcome if you roll the entire setup

you can prove this with Monte-Carlo simulation if you want to

leetic 05-2-2020 08:32 PM

DBP's soft seems like a bit of a stretch. It's not something that has an obvious connection with the role like my soft

ShadoWolfe 05-2-2020 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4729102)
No because you're not considering the actual statistical distribution of setups in the entire game. What's the standard deviation? It might be the case that TTTT is the "mean" set of T rolls, but even though the literal probability of TT is off by 25x, that 25x difference doesn't mean anything until you do a more comprehensive analysis and contextualize it against the other T-rolls. For example, TT is more likely than TTTTTTT and TTTTTT. So yeah, TTTT is more likely than TT but not in a meaningful way-- it's still like the 3rd-4th most likely outcome if you roll the entire setup

you can prove this with Monte-Carlo simulation if you want to

I mean, you're not wrong with this but it's irrelevant because I'm not focusing on just the TT vs TTTT. The more important change is BBB vs just B.

That's why I calculated probability for the two likeliest setups given the existing claims, in full, instead of just comparing TTTT/TT or BBB/B.

DaBackpack 05-2-2020 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4729105)
I mean, you're not wrong with this but it's irrelevant because I'm not focusing on just the TT vs TTTT. The more important change is BBB vs just B.

That's why I calculated probability for the two likeliest setups given the existing claims, in full, instead of just comparing TTTT/TT or BBB/B.

Yeah, all other non-T roles have the same 10% chance. AAB is the same as VCB is the same as BBB. The number of T slots is the only significant factor--- the other slots are uniformly 10% for each one

MixMasterLar 05-2-2020 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4728256)

....ok, at that point either we believe DBP had planned the soft for a really long time or he's legit.

Meaning town literally just imploded on itself this game and wolves didnt even have to work for it.

What utter fools we are. I'm starting to get fucking livid about it again. I fucking wish i had just paid enough attention to had call out FFA's bullshit claim myself and keep DBP hidden instead of letting stupid town out two fu king PRs

ShadoWolfe 05-2-2020 08:37 PM

@DBP if you're town, then yesterday must've been somewhat illuminating for you, no?

being in the center of that clusterfuck, what were you thinking about the people commenting on your slot and did anyone stick out to you as having a particular agenda?

DaBackpack 05-2-2020 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leetic (Post 4729104)
DBP's soft seems like a bit of a stretch. It's not something that has an obvious connection with the role like my soft

I was having fun ok

as a soft it's an encryption mechanism that nobody else can independently solve to nightkill me and has exactly one proper semantic meaning as a soft: roleblocker

Spiking NNs in particular are the only ones with the blocking mechanism, that's literally the thing that makes them unique

it should be pretty fucking obvious by now that I'm a roleblocker and I'm pretty annoyed that I have to spend my time defending it against stupid standards and tinfoil possibilities

Bolth mannn 05-2-2020 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4729101)
Bolth hard claim please.

I did earlier

VT

MixMasterLar 05-2-2020 08:44 PM

I'll believe DBP
I'll believe Leetic

----
I think Shadow is getting a free pass here because the thread is nuts, but I had Uli has town and he's being after

----
I've no strong reason to townread Dusk
I've no strong reason to townread Haku
I've no reason whatever to townread Bolth
I've no reason whatever to even keep Jessie alive

If not for the complete clusterhell that are these claims, i probably would have voted Jessie last phase

Dusk and Haku had attempted blocks. One most certainly was blocked. From my perspective in reads it comes down to Bolth and Jessie likely scum, so who doea it nake sense for them to be partner with the most outta Dusk and Haku

MixMasterLar 05-2-2020 08:44 PM

Haku did you link me your old reads list or did you never make any?

MixMasterLar 05-2-2020 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4729111)
----
I think Shadow is getting a free pass here because the thread is nuts, but I had Uli has town and he's being after

After?

Trying to say around here

Bolth mannn 05-2-2020 08:46 PM

What’s the chances they are both scum?