Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   100+ Difficulty Special Batch (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=152144)

psychoangel691 07-19-2020 08:42 AM

100+ Difficulty Special Batch

[100+ Difficulty Special Batch]

This batch is open!

Submission Period: July 19th - Oct 1st midnight server time

Submission Criteria

Submissions will go through the batch submission section located
here please make sure you select the proper batch for submission. If you have any questions on how to use this area please feel free to drop them here or reach out via DM or Discord Azlynn #4286

Files submitted must be a minimum of 100 in difficulty and will follow the regular batch rules such as song artist permission and submission formatting. Please be sure to look those over prior to submitting.

Psychotik 07-19-2020 08:46 AM

Re: 100+ Difficulty Special Batch

Oh boy.

Deamerai 07-19-2020 09:03 AM

sweet

gold stinger 07-19-2020 09:15 AM

certified bruh moment

Coolboyrulez0 07-19-2020 09:30 AM

LFG

iironiic 07-19-2020 09:33 AM

I hope there will be more variability in the choice of songs for this batch.

I probably won't be submitting anything here since I don't have anything in mind that would be considered 100+ difficulty. Good luck to those submitting!

rushyrulz 07-19-2020 09:37 AM

omg

ilikexd 07-19-2020 09:47 AM

is the 5 minute long terminal 11 song only rule still in effect for this batch?

Psychotik 07-19-2020 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikexd (Post 4735048)
is the 5 minute long terminal 11 song only rule still in effect for this batch?

5 minute long Camellia charts have been added to the list.

gold stinger 07-19-2020 09:55 AM

Sending in GIGAHERTZ again.

psychoangel691 07-19-2020 10:31 AM

Seems submission area is being funky at the moment, will post again when fixed

psychoangel691 07-19-2020 10:41 AM

k it's all fixed

CammyGoesRawr 07-19-2020 12:23 PM

Fuck.

mi40 07-19-2020 12:45 PM

can somebody teach me how to sync piano songs and a quick rundown on pitch relevancy for piano please
i have no education in music theory and am tone deaf

s1rnight 07-19-2020 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mi40 (Post 4735099)
can somebody teach me how to sync piano songs and a quick rundown on pitch relevancy for piano please
i have no education in music theory and am tone deaf

i always wondered about pitch relevancy... what is the deal with that principle. is it so that the file that gets sent into the website is ""the objective file that could only have been made for that song"...???

(i'm not an expert, but maybe a few goofy files if it fits the "feel" now and then might be alright...)

Pizza69 07-19-2020 01:56 PM

oh my

mi40 07-19-2020 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s1rnight (Post 4735113)
i always wondered about pitch relevancy... what is the deal with that principle. is it so that the file that gets sent into the website is ""the objective file that could only have been made for that song"...???

(i'm not an expert, but maybe a few goofy files if it fits the "feel" now and then might be alright...)

you can look it up, im sure other people can explain it better
it's like basic music theory where notes ascend and descend so you have the notes follow those general directions & feels

i mean it's definitely important but my 2 cents is that some people put way too much emphasis on it when judging

this time though i'm thinking about a piano file and pitch relevancy is definitely super duper important for piano so..

gold stinger 07-19-2020 04:18 PM

Generally the rule of thumb is to apply pitch relevance where applicable. PR doesn't have that much impact when the main melody is not super clear (like in drum breakdowns, or dubstep). When the melody is clear though and following 1 or 2 instruments, applying Pitch Relevance (in most cases) gives the impression of playing/following that instrument. It also provides file structure and pattern consistency that helps flesh out the chart in situations of repetition.

The core principle of PR is that the notes (arrows) transcribe 'sound', and repeating pitches of said 'sound' should share the same transcription, and different pitches should not. Easiest way of doing this, and earliest acceptance of doing so, is following Pitch Relevance.

Quote:

Not every song that follows PR to a tee is going to be fun to play (see Death Piano's ending trill). It's okay to break that PR if it's going to make stuff generally not fun to play, like long jacks, or one-hand trills. However, the chart in question should still follow an idea of direction that the music is going in for best representation.

choof 07-19-2020 05:27 PM

Quote:

pitch relevancy is simply put lower notes on left higher notes on right, there is an element of subjectivity to it since you cant map one to one. if you have four notes rising in pitch then generally it's "objectively correct" to do 1 2 3 4, but with anything higher there's room for interpretation

hi19hi19 07-19-2020 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4735188)
(see Death Piano's ending trill)

Death Piano's ending trill is literally twice as fast as it's supposed to be, the fact it's stupid as fuck is not the fault of PR. The trill is the correct speed in my v2 and, surprise surprise, it's totally fine to play.

A better example of PR not always being the best choice is probably the ending of Winter Wind Etude... or really any Xandertrax classical chart. You can't just blindly follow "low = left, high = right" without thought for patterns.