Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

krunkykai22 03-10-2011 10:58 AM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2

Yes, I understand that. HOWEVER, why weren't notes written in before if there were problems then? This is AJ's first time reviewing this file. I understand his strict ways of doing things and I don't have a problem with it. But, there are problems being mentioned now that should have been mentioned in the first batch review.

Every single time it was mentioned she went through and fixed the things that were written down. NOW there is more problems due to the fixes that people wanted her to make. How is that fair? The file could have been fixed with a few notes added/deleted/sync fix and it would have been in game already. This file was NOT bad when it was put up on DF kayla, you're exact words were to fix the sync you want this in game there. NOW it seems to be completely bum****ed up.

Now she can't resubmit it because she has no more chances to resubmit it now. This is why I'm kind of pissed off.

EDIT: Just like carlos showed me how to add things into the notepad files that is how the sync was put there. Thank you Carlos for showing me.

EDIT2: Also, WHY DID NO ONE BESIDES AJ mention a sync fix? He was the only one to do it! I'm not saying AJ is wrong because he is the sync nazi as I called him in the Easton house, but this rates down to problems with notes being given. NO ONE else mention a sync problem. Why?

Plan_Bsk81127 03-10-2011 11:00 AM

Guess it is hard for people to accepted rejection. =\

ichliebekase 03-10-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 (Post 3432336)
Guess it is hard for people to accepted rejection. =\

Guess it's hard for you to not stick your nose where it doesn't belong. =\

I'm doing what Dossar said to do and that's PM bmah. No need to keep this shit going in here.

TC_Halogen 03-10-2011 11:02 AM

There's nothing wrong with the computer that I'm using for DDream, I judged a few files that had dynamic BPMs and they all came out fine. Your chart start drifting really badly at the end for me. If it was the wrong .sm, there's nothing that I can do about it. I looked at the previous notes for the song and DID notice that things were fixed, but the file still had drifting sync for some reason. It's not like Silvuh to make a poorly synced song, which is why I asked if the updated SM was used.

Also, DDream doesn't revolve around machine offsets like SM does, it's a dedicated editor and uses waveforms to get a generalized sync. From computer to computer, these numbers are going to stay the same.

Also, about the whole issue with Arch -- if you want to figure out how he is as a stepartist, go look at the notes for his three submitted files and see how he fared; he didn't do so well.

torquestomp 03-10-2011 11:03 AM

ichliebekase: What version of SM is that? I've never seen that skin before.

krunkykai22 03-10-2011 11:03 AM

Honestly, Plan I would agree with you if this was the 2nd submission. This is her last time she can submit this file. Only 2 resubmissions can be put in. I'm sorry but if you can't see a problem with something here, than I would gladly help you see that there is something weird about what's going on.

ichliebekase 03-10-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torquestomp (Post 3432340)
ichliebekase: What version of SM is that? I've never seen that skin before.

CyberiaStyle 5 -neo cyber- is the skin. I can send you a zip of it if in a PM if you'd like [if I can figure out how to do it, haha].

psychoangel691 03-10-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Resubmission

If you submitted files and they got rejected, you can resubmit them with some fixes to the NEXT batch.

Resubmissions aren't counted on your submission cap.
Just put [Resubmission] at the top of the name of zip/rar file and folder ,then submit.
i.e. [Resubmission] Magical 8bit Tour (jimerax).zip.

If resubmissions are rejected again, re-resubmissions will be treated as normal submissions.
But if your resubmission file got 15 or more points and rejected in the previous batch, you can submit the file as a resubmission for the next batch (it's actually a re-resubmission).

Only files in the LAST batch are counted as resubmissions (files in older batches are counted as normal submissions).

If you want to minor-fix on a queue'd file, just send over the .dwi file to the submission e-mail.

Where does it say there's a limit to how many times you can send a file ?_?

TC_Halogen 03-10-2011 11:08 AM

I don't recall anyone saying anything about a restriction on how many times you send it -- I do remember bmah saying something about the files that get stuck in limbo being reviewed by him and JX, but it was something in the other thread that you might have to find.

Plan_Bsk81127 03-10-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichliebekase (Post 3432338)
Guess it's hard for you to not stick your nose where it doesn't belong. =\

I'm doing what Dossar said to do and that's PM bmah. No need to keep this shit going in here.

lmao wut? XD

P.S. I've been resubmitting Scavenger since the first batch opened.

i love you 03-10-2011 11:16 AM

@ bmah: I'll get right on that asap

PS: Finders Keepers: 5/5/5/5 (20)

Owned 8)

TC_Halogen 03-10-2011 11:20 AM

Sick job on that Finders Keepers file, excited to try that one -- it looks very neat structurally.

DossarLX ODI 03-10-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i love you (Post 3432349)
@ bmah: I'll get right on that asap

PS: Finders Keepers: 5/5/5/5 (20)

Owned 8)

I'm actually chuckling a little bit right now (you guys don't know what it's about though)

Niala 03-10-2011 11:40 AM

Done borderlines. PM'd JX.

Silvuh 03-10-2011 11:42 AM

I looked at Glorious Morning in ddream, and that definitely is my sync, so that's my fault.
With the different instruments and some of the crashes and stuff, I didn't always put the sync at the start of the first sound.
The sync isn't perfect, because I didn't go through every beat and subbeat and move it; I found beginnings and ends of measures and grew them to be about right, then moved any glaringly offset beats... The sounds don't always line up together, so ... uhm.
Sorry about that. Maybe Halogen can sync the fix up? It shouldn't be difficult for him based on what I wrote.

P.S. I may not get to looking at borderline files until later in the evening. After class, I got an essay to write.

rushyrulz 03-10-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krunkykai22 (Post 3432326)
This is why I don't want to submit a file to this place. It seems files are getting dicked over. I don't know how a file can go through many resubmissions and yet when things are fixed THE WAY PEOPLE HAVE TOLD them to fix it, it goes from getting 4's and 5's (almost 5+) Down to a damn straight 3's. Come on now, now I'm getting a little upset with this now.

Judges opinions are

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 3432343)
Where does it say there's a limit to how many times you can send a file ?_?

There isn't one, but there is the new restriction of 15/20 to send in a re-resub. And 3+3+3+3 = 12 which is less than 15.

leonid 03-10-2011 12:33 PM

Before I send my resubmissions...

YOUSHOU 02 - (leonid)

-Hands at beats 26 and 30 are no, not enough there to justify using hands.
FINE JEEZ. Fixed
-You should probably drop the note at beat 163, even though there is a sound to represent it, it doesn't close when the drums close so it strikes the player as incorrect.
It's clearly a string sound that's been layered all the way through wtf
-Those colour notes are a tad off, the 32nd is early.
Fixed
-Starting at beat 248.000 those synth thingies should be stepped at the climax of the sound, i.e., a quarter note after they've been stepped.
That isn't correct
-I find the 24th rolls starting at beat 358 confusing to play because the sound they're stepped to is so far in the background you can hardly hear it, you might want to switch it out for something more audible.
Toned down that part
-Nice layering choices, and nice climax theory.
Thanks

~errors~
-ghost notes at beat 17.500 and 17.750. There's nothing actually there, but it's a pretty easy mistake to make.
Removed 17.5. 17.75 isn't a ghost note
-beat 22.250 and repetitions are ghost notes, stick with the minijack theory too.
They aren't. Try again
-No hand at beat 324.00
Strings + Break = Hand.

Youshou 02 (leonid) should just leave 132.892 as the 24th burst and change the other 24th bursts to broken jumpstream following the breaks. you tend to use the same break patterns alot when stepping stuff that isnt pianer in this file. vary of the patterns more. other than that though good and fun
Toned down the 24th bursts part

Youshou 02 (leonid) [+?]
- the section starting at measure 11 was repetitive, too many of the same pattern
Sorry for that
- measure 42, I think that first 4th hand was unnecessary, since it didn't feel as heavy as the other 4th note on the third beat.
It's Break+Snare+String
- part starting at measure 63, it felt weird hitting those 4ths since the sound comes in a lot later.
It doesn't

Youshou 02 / leonid
rating: [+.]
- hands unnecessary in m7-8; better used for sharper sounds
Fine fixed
- I don't hear some 8ths in the beginning such as beats 13.50, 17.50, etc.
Hear again
- ghost 16th at beat 133.75? ghost 8th at beat 330.50?
Nope
- m42: first [124] hand and 8th jump necessary here?
Yes. [124] is String+Break+Snare, and 8th jump is Kick+Break
- missed 8th at timpani drums on beat 273.50, 281.50, etc. There are a few more in the upcoming measures.
I didn't layer timpani sounds
- hand is nasty at beat 362; just make it a jump
Fixed
- suggestion: Nice file, but I'll admit that I found some sections rather boring due to the song.
Don't you dare diss a tarolabo song

A lot of the said "errors" are incorrectly pointed out gg

Mans0n 03-10-2011 12:44 PM

0.o isn't +. a passing grade? Why isn't sun and stars on the queue list?

TC_Halogen 03-10-2011 12:45 PM

A judge forgot to submit notes. It's probably going to get through after that is accounted for.

Mans0n 03-10-2011 12:47 PM

ohh. Well I hope so, though wc files r pretty legit so i guess the odds are good