Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   What sports do you play? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=132021)

j-rodd123 09-28-2013 12:01 AM

What sports do you play?

Ok this forum is finally a go! Start it off with sharing our own interests in sports, say what you play/played or just enjoy to watch!

I played volleyball all through high school, and competitively in club, still play intramurals and beach volleyball. also did rugby and track, but volleyball will always be my favourite.

To watch, besides volleyball, gotta love football (my team is the bengals) and college basketball, I can't stand the NBA. not gonna lie im pretty anti-Canadian :( and don't have the greatest love of hockey but it's still pretty cool.

Wayward Vagabond 09-28-2013 12:06 AM

Re: What sports do you play?

tennis and soccer are my played sports with tennis being above all. i was on my high school's varsity team. i also played hand ball with a raquet ball(little blue ball) in high school but that isnt anything official. fun stuff

as far as watch is concerned though i dont watch anything. i'll watch football at a friends house if theyre watching it but thats it. basketball is boring and so is pretty much every other sport. watching sports is boring to me idk id rather play.

j-rodd123 09-28-2013 12:10 AM

that's sweet, tennis is actually so much fun. im not very good, you'd definitely crush me. my only decent skill there is my serve but even then it's inconsistent. I've always wanted to try racquet ball maybe I should just show up at my school's courts haha.

def agree that playing > watching, but I don't mind either

igotrhythm 09-28-2013 12:15 AM

Quiz Bowl counts as a sport, right? People got letters for it.

If not, I did a bit of track and field.

25thhour 09-28-2013 12:22 AM

Rugby ;)

ddr_f4n 09-28-2013 12:36 AM

Played soccer all the way up to the end of highschool. After that I kinda stopped playing it competitively but still play it casually from time to time.

I watch mostly soccer only though, especially FC Barca. They're the team I follow :V

Wayward Vagabond 09-28-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j-rodd123 (Post 3983366)
that's sweet, tennis is actually so much fun. im not very good, you'd definitely crush me. my only decent skill there is my serve but even then it's inconsistent. I've always wanted to try racquet ball maybe I should just show up at my school's courts haha.

def agree that playing > watching, but I don't mind either

raquet ball is fun as hell and it's a hell of an active sport when you actually get into it. i played every lunch during my 3 of my high school years. by senior year i was playing in the money court making 10-20 dollars every lunch. 8)

dAnceguy117 09-28-2013 12:56 AM

I played tennis and ran cross country in high school. Haven't done a ton of either since then :( Oh and I bowled for a year in high school! Really fun, but I'm pretty bad.

Casually, I'm down for basketball, football, volleyball, and just about anything if I get the chance. I've never played golf though, and I'm sure I'd be horrendous.

I follow all mainstream sports due to an excess of SportsCenter in my life.

infinity. 09-28-2013 01:03 AM

i play tennis in college (and quiz bowl)

high school i also did golf and basketball, much better at basketball than tennis

i also run like 2000 miles a year

and racquetball is the most fun sport ever, so intense! i follow UK basketball, the celtics/OKC, nadal/dogopolov, tiger woods lol

DarknessXoXLight 09-28-2013 02:18 AM

The only sport I still really do is swimming. Unfortunately, my college doesn't have a swim team but they're constructing a pool right now that should be complete by next year. If I'm still here, I'll definitely be joining it the second I can.

Through middle school and high school: I played soccer, softball, tennis, volleyball and ran track. Swimming has taken up 17 wonderful years of my life, and volleyball took up 6. Everything else was 2 years. I would have kept going if I didn't develop a heart condition but what can you do lol. As long as I get to swim, I don't really care about anything else.

I don't watch sports. ~_~

top 09-28-2013 02:26 AM

soccer, football, tennis, basketball, running (racing), volleyball, lacrosse

all of these are fun

Pseudo Enigma 09-28-2013 02:34 AM

does starcraft count

I bet it doesn't

edit: I actually used to play soccer but got tired of chasing balls. j/k, I probably would still be playing soccer if I was given more opportunity.

Yulanik 09-28-2013 02:45 AM

Only competitive sports I've ever taken part in at a serious level were soccer and martial arts (TKD to be exact, black belt).

I play basketball for fun because horse is always stupid and gets outta hand almost all the time XD. I guess I like sprinting too, but not much. Just to see how fast I can run.

Herogashix 09-28-2013 02:49 AM

I used to play a fair bit of soccer and basket-ball, and hopefully will be picking up basket-ball again sometime.

T-Force 09-28-2013 03:22 AM

I don't play anything anymore, but I did 2 years of roller hockey, 1 of soccer, 4 of baseball, and 2 of flag football.

Watching is another story. I'm cool with baseball (go Jays), and I'm a fan of football (go Lions [CFL], Texans, and Saints). Of course, being Canadian, my true love is hockey. Go Canucks!

I've also done 2 live grand slams (see a live game of all 4 pro sports) which is pretty cool.

Trogdor!!!! 09-28-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j-rodd123 (Post 3983360)
(my team is the bengals)

cool my team is the ravens we can be division rivals and talk shit about each other and stuff

Quote:

Originally Posted by j-rodd123 (Post 3983360)
I can't stand the NBA

wow why not :(

for played sports i played basketball my sophomore and junior year (couldn't my senior year because lol grades)

j-rodd123 09-28-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trogdor!!!! (Post 3983619)
cool my team is the ravens we can be division rivals and talk shit about each other and stuff

wow why not :(

ohhhhhhh it's on boy :P

growing up I liked the broncos, idk why I made the switch but the bengals sort of stuck,

and NBA just isn't very entertaining to me I guess. huge egos and lots of cocky play with not tons of hustle compared to a lot of what I see in the NCAA. still amazing level play obv, just not as fun to watch for me

Arkuski 09-28-2013 10:33 PM

I played D1 soccer

RNGRX 09-28-2013 10:37 PM

I've played quite a bit of sports in my day. My current sport is League of Legends but I've been everywhere really. The competitive scene in Counter Strike is just amazing.

j-rodd123 09-28-2013 10:38 PM

lol get out

Arkuski 09-28-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j-rodd123 (Post 3983912)
lol get out

pics or it didn't happen?

j-rodd123 09-28-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkuski (Post 3983924)
pics or it didn't happen?

haha drill him out with a soccer ball, it's the only way imo

EzExZeRo7497 09-28-2013 10:51 PM

lol e-sports

Arkuski 09-28-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j-rodd123 (Post 3983926)
haha drill him out with a soccer ball, it's the only way imo

I'm not familiar with those terms

j-rodd123 09-28-2013 11:21 PM

peg him with it, it's the only way he will leeeeeeeave

i.e. kick the soccer ball at him idk what im talking about anymore, carry on everyone

PriestREA 09-28-2013 11:23 PM

rugby and football
I made the provincial team for football and really haven't done anything with it since last season ended

Soul. 09-29-2013 09:27 AM

I played...mostly everything except Tennis. (I just suck at serving. :c)

I was mostly active on Wrestling and Track.

kommisar 09-29-2013 09:57 AM

bowling.

biking at times

lumphoboextreme 09-29-2013 11:14 AM

In high school just hockey and basketball. I would've played football but was too skinny, would've got destroyed.

tosh 09-29-2013 12:53 PM

In high school, I played basketball my freshman year and did track for 3 years.
Even though it's my favorite sport, I didn't play (American) football because I'm not a huge fan of playing contact sports.

j-rodd123 09-29-2013 01:31 PM

contact sports are so fun tho haha! i never played football either tho, always went on during volleyball season, and yea lumph im skinny too but there are lots of running positions and lots you can contribute in a sport like rugby, had a blast with that

also kommisar I hope u mean 5 pin :P

lumphoboextreme 09-29-2013 01:33 PM

lol we don't have rugby out here. i played backyard football kinda stuff a lot but that doesn't count. xD

prongsie 09-29-2013 02:02 PM

rugby, volleyball, badminton and crosscountry!!

right now it's rugby season and our team is pretty promising, we just won our first game. buhhht on tuesday, I did get a mild concussion and a black eye to show for it...lol. I haven't played since, such is life. :(

Spenner 09-29-2013 02:34 PM

Kickboxing. The only sport I find fun.

Tokzic 09-29-2013 04:17 PM

my favourite sport is dota 2

xNiX 09-29-2013 04:30 PM

Basketball and lots of long distance running.

redsea 09-29-2013 08:12 PM

^ this

EtienneSM 09-29-2013 08:18 PM

Competitively:

Cross Country
Track

For fun/shits and giggles:

Badminton
Tennis
Baseball
Soccer (played on a team for 8 years, our HS team can't play for shit so yeah...)
Golf
Basketball

alloyus 09-29-2013 08:19 PM

Stepmania (serious answer)

FFR Pro 21 09-29-2013 08:35 PM

5-pin bowling (competitively)
Golf (used to play it competitively, now just for fun)
Baseball (played for quite a while as a kid, not anymore)
Badminton (played mostly for fun)

Ohaider 09-29-2013 11:45 PM

Baseball for probably 10 seasons now, pitcher and third base
Ultimate frisbee unorganized just for fun but very very often

Not normally a fan of playing in organized sports, always had more fun with just pick up games w/ friends

DotKritic 10-5-2013 08:37 PM

Played baseball for 6 years in a non-profit league when I was in intermediate and high school. After that, I played recreational soccer with co-workers and campus rec.

Mrowmrew 12-25-2013 01:45 AM

DotA. 8-)

dAnceguy117 01-24-2014 11:01 AM

anyone got ideas for consistent sports-playing in a post-school life? I might wanna look into some organized league at some point but wouldn't know where to start.

xVaLoRx 01-24-2014 04:44 PM

i've been playing 10-pin bowling since i was 5 yrs old, i've held a 200+ average for a little over a year now (~215 now) and i placed 4th in a state-wide individual scratch tournament for highschool. still no 300 tho ..................

i also play trackmania competitively

rCaliberGX 01-24-2014 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xVaLoRx (Post 4065532)
i also play trackmania competitively

used to do this on a pos windows 98 computer in 2009 rofl

up until a year ago i did track and soccer, but i've lost interest in that lately.

as for esports, i don't play anything competitively anymore, but i've participated in tournaments for CSS, TF2 and a bunch of other f2p shooters.

Poison- 01-24-2014 05:05 PM

The lack of hockey players makes me sad.

I played AAA hockey up until 12th grade, and then played on my highschool team in 12th grade.
Also did track.
Played football for 2 years in 9th and 10th grade until I seriously injured my knee. That injury is why I didn't go farther in hockey and it still makes me sad to think about.

Kibblre 01-24-2014 05:10 PM

I played travel ice hockey until high school (my school didn't have a team) then played high school tennis. I don't play tennis anymore since I separated my shoulder my senior season.

popsicle_3000 01-24-2014 05:25 PM

my most competitive sport would be slalom waterskiing. For exercise I like squash and swimming. Other sports I do are football (shoulders couldn't handle it tho...), surfing, wakeboarding, downhill skiing, motorcycle racing.

grizz13114 03-13-2014 09:45 PM

Track and Field no doubt. I went to the State Championships for high jump this year during winter track, and am going for a repeat for spring. I'm also a distance runner, never really one for sprints. I despise anything shorter than a 400m, but my range normally goes from 800m all the way to 5000m. And even though MOBA's don't count as sports here, I dabble in LoL as most people do. Figured I should add that

PriestREA 03-13-2014 09:46 PM

is osu a sport

grizz13114 03-13-2014 09:51 PM

Track and Field no doubt. I went to the State Championships for high jump this year during winter track, and am going for a repeat for spring. I'm also a distance runner, never really one for sprints. I despise anything shorter than a 400m, but my range normally goes from 800m all the way to 5000m. And even though MOBA's don't count as sports here, I dabble in LoL as most people do. Figured I should add that

j-rodd123 03-13-2014 09:56 PM

nice what's ur HJ PB?

PrawnSkunk 03-13-2014 10:21 PM

Is mayonnaise a sport?

I'm a long distance athlete, running varsity cross country. My distance of choice is the half-marathon. I've also played a decade worth of soccer, but haven't joined an organized league since I graduated high school.

Artic_counter 03-13-2014 10:46 PM

I've played ice hockey for about 14 years as a left defenceman and baseball for about 9 years. My positions for baseball were mostly pitcher, 2nd base and left field.

Although I really love hockey, I was, at the time I quit, getting tired of playing the sport competitively. Nowadays I play mostly with friends on friday nights during winter. As for baseball, I never really got fed up with it. I missed one season because I broke my left arm during pratice and after that I decided to free my summers for a while. Never played again. Might have been a good decision since the sport left a good taste in my mouth compared to hockey in which I was losing interest.

I'm quite decent at both sports so if you ever come to Quebec, come and say hi and I'll gladly play with/against you haha!

Rukkbert 05-8-2014 01:31 PM

Crosscountry! loveit

llyair 09-11-2014 05:30 PM

Basketball and ultimate frisbee!

kommisar 09-14-2014 02:54 PM

i used to love badminton

nowadays i just

walk a lot. my fav sport to play is baseball but i haven't played in a decade

dAnceguy117 09-14-2014 11:00 PM

baseball confirmed impossible to round up a bunch of random friends and play a pick-up game. so many people required!

j-rodd123 09-15-2014 12:28 AM

Going and cranking a ball at the closest diamond with a buddy or 2 is always fun tho :p

Buta-san 09-16-2014 01:27 PM

intramural Dodgeball <3

Kanzas 09-16-2014 01:34 PM

Skateboarding is a sport right? And bowling, and billiards.

Deidara837 09-16-2014 05:27 PM

Soccer, Tennis, Ping Pong, and m'fkn Quidditch
It's like a mix of rugby, handball, and dodgeball in the same game. Played around the world. My college has a fairly solid team for which I'm a first-string chaser YOLO http://www.usquidditch.org/

Xx{Fallen}xX 09-16-2014 06:27 PM

I played Tennis in highschool and college, and I also love to play ping pong. I have been playing ping pong for about 9 years now, it's good stuff.

Pie_Lord 09-20-2014 09:54 PM

My person favorites are Ultimate Frisbee and Curling. Both are a lot of fun.

MosaicMan3 09-30-2014 02:11 PM

Competitive Powerlifting. :)

TheThong 09-30-2014 03:14 PM

Volleyball! Also a bit of basketball for fun. Used to play tennis for a team, but we were pretty bad. XD

korny 09-30-2014 03:24 PM

I play the field, the WHOLE field nawmtombout? Haha awww yeah

Jagakon 09-30-2014 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deidara837 (Post 4201700)
m'fkn Quidditch

Wait wut, I thought this only existed in Harry Potter lmao. You actually run around the field with brooms and stuff, wow. The more you know, not gonna lie that's pretty neat, though I'd feel silly af playing that myself ha

I mainly play basketball, also a bit of running track (mainly sprints) and soccer but I basically played those to get quicker in basketball. I trained a little kickboxing too but I don't know if I'd consider that me playing a sport, I was basically just kicking a bag/pad all the time and a little sparring (i.e, me getting my ass kicked over and over).

Gun92 09-30-2014 04:45 PM

Volleyball, tennis, bowling, basketball, baseball. Can play football and golf but choose not to because one, I am not big enough to effectively play football and two, I suck at golf.

grizz13114 10-9-2014 08:57 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F6iH8LvWCo Currently the 15th best highschool Highjumper in NY

dAnceguy117 10-9-2014 09:07 PM

sick, dude!

MosaicMan3 10-10-2014 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grizz13114 (Post 4214577)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F6iH8LvWCo Currently the 15th best highschool Highjumper in NY

Awesome job!!! You had another inch or two of clearance. Great job!

Spenner 03-23-2015 07:20 PM

Contact sports. Kickboxing primarily, but I also grapple (though I'm not very good- I'm better at manipulating other people into good positioning for muay Thai). Muay thai is fucking great btw. Many memorable (though some not) goose eggs.

awein999 03-23-2015 07:43 PM

Bowling semi-competitively for much of my life. I bowled a 300 game a couple years ago. Basketball a fair bit. I'm really good at shooting and being 6 feet 2 makes that a pretty deadly combination, I just need to practice handling more. Potential to get great at basketball is there. Good at ping pong for a recreational player. You pit me against any seasoned competitive player (as in legit goes to real competitions) and the spins they use will destroy me simply because I lack the training required to adjust to such heavy spin. I want to get into golf but for some reason haven't yet. I think I'd be a natural at putting and touch shots but driving the ball/long game I'd have to work at. Darts is something I've dabbled in here and there. It might be super fun and interesting. It's actually quite a big deal in some countries.

Kawaii025 03-23-2015 08:13 PM

I played softball (slow-pitch & fast-pitch) for 11 years & I ran track for a couple years until I busted my right knee in the summer between 11th & 12th grade. :(

Currently I just bowl in random fun leagues.

.TILT. 02-3-2016 05:51 AM

dance gaming should be a sport

ricochxxx 05-27-2016 06:36 PM

I played racket sports in highschool also was part of the swim team! I am canadian lol so I played hockey when i was 3!

Walrusizer 05-27-2016 07:57 PM

stepmania