Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Gamewhore Competition Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=93301)

Tasselfoot 05-23-2008 01:09 PM

Gamewhore Competition Thread

This starts tonight... discuss strategy in here, discuss who you think will win, talk about what is going on during the competition.

You can keep track of progress via the daily stats page.

edit: if someone reaches 1 billion GTS during the competition, I'll give them vROFL.

sarahxjane 05-23-2008 01:14 PM

Re: Gamewhore Competition Thread

Are we allowed to whore songs or would that be considered a form of cheating?

With that aside, I couldn't say who will win.
It could be any of the top of the Grand Total list.
*Cough* lumphoboextreme *End cough*

Or anyone who has nothing to do the entire day ( like me )

^-^

Good luck to everyone, regardless.

XUioX 05-23-2008 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahxjane (Post 2177050)
Are we allowed to whore songs or would that be considered a form of cheating?

With that aside, I couldn't say who will win.
It could be any of the top of the Grand Total list.
*Cough* lumphoboextreme *End cough*

Or anyone who has nothing to do the entire day ( like me )

^-^

Good luck to everyone, regardless.

Surely you can whore songs =D

and i think i will win because im staying up all night and all day. i have no life, your all going down LOL

EAGAMES 05-23-2008 01:25 PM

I for one will not even be close to winning. I have things to do. =(

Everyone, have fun whoring FFR! Hopefully you win.

Psychotik 05-23-2008 01:25 PM

I'm feeling sick so I'm not gonna play too many games.
I might go to a friends house, so yeah. We both have to lives.:-D

MystictheHedgehog 05-23-2008 01:27 PM

I have nothing to do...so I could end up doing pretty well. But I don't know. Good luck to everyone though!

Villiex 05-23-2008 01:30 PM

It could go so many ways. Between who is willing to play for the biggest majority of the 24 hours, who is actually able to play for that amount of time, and who can play that amount of time well... it could vary a lot.

Obviously, somebody like Izzy is really capable of slaying EHHS... the question is how consistently, and will he even participate.

nitrocorp 05-23-2008 01:33 PM

i have been doing some math to figure out what some i can get the highest pps (points per second) but i still don't think (even doing it the entire time) i can get a billion...
but as i hate my "friends" and have no job i will totez try for the entire thing... cuz why not.

Tasselfoot 05-23-2008 01:33 PM

sarah: as long as you're the only one playing on your account, you can play any song you have access to as many times as you want.

foilman8805 05-23-2008 01:34 PM

It's going to be someone we know very well who will win. I don't know who all is competing though, so we'll see.

Expect the people who can truly compete to be playing songs like EHHS, and FOTBB all day, as well as anything else with decent taps/second. Expect them to also full combo every time they play a song too, because otherwise it's a waste.

I would not be surprised to see 1,000,000,000 points either. I remember when my friend TheSeventhSign did about 300 games of EHHS and racked up 600,000,000 in about 14 hours of playing. He said it got really hard around 250+...lack of concentration, no stamina, etc.

Good luck to those who participate. I would've liked to have competed but I'm going home for the weekend. :D

EDEdDNEdDYFaN 05-23-2008 01:35 PM

I'm pulling an all nighter I guess...

sarahxjane 05-23-2008 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tasselfoot (Post 2177074)
sarah: as long as you're the only one playing on your account, you can play any song you have access to as many times as you want.

Awesome.

I'm hoping to get 100 million or more.
Personal best for a day.
I'd like to have a lot more though.
Depends on if my hand/wrist/arm can take it. :-P

s0ulst0n3 05-23-2008 01:40 PM

I think Hakulyte will win. Maybe not first place, but 2nd or 3rd.

You need to constantly FC songs with a high tps, like I don't know...

I believe Exciting Hyper Highspeed Star, Grand Gallop Chromatique and Flight of the Bumblebee are up there. Whoring those songs for 24 hours would hurt though. Turkish March or Exciting Hyper Highspeed Star would be good picks, as the don't have too fast jacks and they don't drain too much stamina compared to songs like Molto Vivace and Otaku Oni. Who knows, though. Just my opinion. :)

Jaito 05-23-2008 01:56 PM

So here's the idea.

Face up against tons of other people killing your self for a prize you could buy for 3-4 hours of work at a job that pays minimum wage. IMO the prize is not worth it, thus lost interest in competing, especially being the first contest I figured better prizes was a must.

But goodluck to all who waste their saturday, I would definitely participate, but Saturday is bring your kid to work day, and I must go with your mother to the clubs.

EnR 05-23-2008 01:57 PM

I think freakysnots will win.

I think I'll get atleast 5th place.

I'm going for 700,000,000. although the song i'm playing can get me 1,000,000,000 +

PS, everyone thinking EHHS,GGC, ect. You're not thinking outside the box. My song is a mega easy FC and I can AAA like nothing. It's also 10.3 tps.

customstuff 05-23-2008 02:02 PM

I'm playing all day! I might win, you never know!

foilman8805 05-23-2008 02:02 PM

EHHS is just proven though.

If you can do it, it clearly has the highest point yield of any song in the game.

EnR, you planning to do Brooks Was Here or something? Maybe Teh Tricky Techno?

lumphoboextreme 05-23-2008 02:04 PM

wow lots of high expectations flying in here. if i dont pass out expect me to put up (insert really big number) of points.

Tasselfoot 05-23-2008 02:04 PM

the prizes are not the only prize though... being #1 on the list is a prize to many people. and, i think, that is by far the most valuable prize. i'm guessing the majority of the people who will be attempting this already have subscriptions and/or FFR t-shirts.

being the 1st person to get 1 billion in a day... insane accomplishment.

EnR 05-23-2008 02:05 PM

People who have never gotten over 300,000,000. Which are going to be most of the people participating don't even know how insanly difficult this task is.

I see a lot of people here saying they'll prob win or compete, I bet they won't even last 12 hours.

Brooks and Teh triky tekno aren't even 9 tps. btw