Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Technology (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   In the market for a mechanical keyboard (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=148251)

Reincarnate 09-27-2017 05:41 PM

In the market for a mechanical keyboard

I am trying to find something that hits the following marks:

-Has RGB backlight support
-Cherry MX Blue keys
-OSX support
-Under $200

Anything that fits the bill?

Walrusizer 09-27-2017 05:49 PM

Re: In the market for a mechanical keyboard

idk just get some fuckin razer pro gamer keyboard shit or something i guess

Reincarnate 09-27-2017 06:02 PM

Hah I did look at Razer at one point but they seemed Windows-centric

Cataclysm- 09-27-2017 07:50 PM

that sounds like 90% of mech keyboards

PrawnSkunk 09-28-2017 12:22 AM

I would recommend the Corsair K70 RGB. Detachable wrist rest, brushed aluminum, 2 year warranty, and a good brand.

trumaestro 09-28-2017 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrawnSkunk (Post 4590232)
I would recommend the Corsair K70 RGB. Detachable wrist rest, brushed aluminum, 2 year warranty, and a good brand.

Seconding

Just don't impulse buy and end up getting it with shittyish brown switches just because it was on sale like this one guy I know did..

Dinglesberry 09-28-2017 08:56 AM

Imo get a razer black widow cuz it's green switches which are like blues pretty much but like razer is the best cuz like they make higher quality components n stuff like tutrle beach and mices so ya get one of those also green is better cuz it's more economical and environmently friendly

I got a razer gaming sticker on my computer too they're the best cuz they give free stickers

TC_Halogen 09-28-2017 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrawnSkunk (Post 4590232)

Quote:

Originally Posted by trumaestro (Post 4590255)
Seconding

Just don't impulse buy and end up getting it with shittyish brown switches just because it was on sale like this one guy I know did..

I'll make a partial endorsement/partial disagreement here: I'll tell you to stay away from the RGB variant of the keyboard and just get the regular Corsair K70. Similar specifications overall, just without the fancy RGB LUX stuff. I've heard nightmare stories from various users about how quickly the keyboard started to misfire from various people that play osu!mania, and when I asked them their model, they pointed to the RGB version of that keyboard.

I use the regular K70 with Cherry MX browns, and have had great success with them. But of course, your mileage may vary. You can't go wrong in terms of price versus quality in my opinion.

A few people might also be able to vouch for the quality of the QPAD MK-50, but I've personally not had the chance to get a feel for that. The only other mechanical keyboard that I've owned was a Cooler Master Quickfire TK, with Cherry MX blues. Great for training because of their higher actuation, and also great for getting a handle on accuracy because of their general clickiness, though it might not be the most well-conceived option if you're living with others that will hear it — blues are quite loud.

Rapta 09-28-2017 10:51 AM

yeah, the corsair k70 rgb misfires badly
i almost got banned from ffr during the 10th official because they thought my misfires were cheating shenanigans

valentineSM 09-30-2017 03:37 PM

ducky one rgb has everything you're looking for

MinaciousGrace 10-5-2017 10:37 PM

ducky

rgb

ded

AlexDest 10-5-2017 11:13 PM

coolermaster keyboards seem to be solid all around, looks like they support OSX as well although i did brief google searching for that

currently own the CM Masterkeys Pro L RGB w/ brown switches and it's gucci, currently ~$130 on amazon

Chocille 10-17-2017 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4590321)
Imo get a razer black widow cuz it's green switches which are like blues pretty much but like razer is the best cuz like they make higher quality components n stuff like tutrle beach and mices so ya get one of those also green is better cuz it's more economical and environmently friendly

I got a razer gaming sticker on my computer too they're the best cuz they give free stickers

Moria 10-18-2017 12:01 AM

😂😂😂